• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contrib Installer

rinon

Contrib Installer

Download here ( http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3286 )

Contrib Installer is an easy way to install contributions for osCommerce without manually editting files.

Installing a contribution with Contrib Installer requires a simple package which describes the contribution. I have included the Image Check contribution as an example. I am currently working on supporting other contributions (need help here!), so hopefully there will soon be Contrib Installer packages for many other contributions. If you want to help with making packages (it's very easy), that would be wonderful. For more info see the README.txt file in the package.

Right now, the biggest help I need is making installation packages of other contributions. Please take a look at the example_contribution in the zip file and see if you can make packages of your favorite contributions. If you need any help on how to do this, just ask.

Edited by rinon

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very confused. unziped the file and can't find contrib_installer.php anywhere in it.  can you tell me where it is?

thanks, beth

Very sorry about that, I forgot some of the files in the zip. I have uploaded a fixed package.

Thanks for letting me know.

- Rinon

I have a question: if you install now contribution with those Contrib Installer and this way a procedure transfers something in a traffic-jam that you yourself already have adapted goes this then wrong

Are you referring to when two contributions conflict with each other? The installer will tell you when you are installing if the contribution will conflict with previous contributions. For this to work properly you must install the Contrib Installer in an osCommerce installation that has had no modifications.

If you're wondering why Contrib Installer won't work, it's because I forgot yet another file in the zip. There is a fixed package on the download page. I'm very sorry about that.

- Rinon

ok, i got it to this point:

Contrib Installer

Installing Contribution with install file: /home/blahblah/public_html/test1/admin/contributions/ImageCheck-1.2/install.xml

and now there is just a back button. was it installed? where is it? when i go back to where i can choose which contribution to install and i click on it, the remove button will not work which makes me think that it didn't finish installing. so far it hasn't given me any permission errors, but i tried changing them anyway and nothing different happened. i don't know of an easy way to change every file and folder in the main catalog folder, so i tried changing several to 755. i changed the main catalog folder, the admin folder, the contributions folder and every file and folder in the contributions folder. specifically, what files need to have permissions changed and what setting do i use? (755, 777, etc.?)

thanks, beth

Edited by bethstoy

ok, i got it to this point:

Contrib Installer 

Installing Contribution with install file: /home/blahblah/public_html/test1/admin/contributions/ImageCheck-1.2/install.xml

and now there is just a back button. was it installed? where is it? when i go back to where i can choose which contribution to install and i click on it, the remove button will not work which makes me think that it didn't finish installing. so far it hasn't given me any permission errors, but i tried changing them anyway and nothing different happened. i don't know of an easy way to change every file and folder in the main catalog folder, so i tried changing several to 755.  i changed the main catalog folder, the admin folder, the contributions folder and every file and folder in the contributions folder.  specifically, what files need to have permissions changed and what setting do i use? (755, 777, etc.?)

thanks, beth

Yes, this is a bug. Sorry, I still haven't got this right (this is my first contrib). I'll upload a fixed package in the morning (too late now).

- Rinon

Yes, this is a bug. Sorry, I still haven't got this right (this is my first contrib). I'll upload a fixed package in the morning (too late now).

- Rinon

I think it's a great contrib! This would make my life so much easier! I'm a cut and paste kind of girl and know nothing about php programing.

is it possible to take current contribution packages and edit them so they'll work with your installer?

i'm having issues with "add multi products" and "quick stock update" working with "total b2b". i noticed you said that your installer would tell you about any conflicts between contribs. what a blessing! good job! :thumbsup:

Sorry about the critical bugs. The 0.1* releases are unusable. I've fixed the bugs, so please download version 0.2. Before you install the new version, be sure to uninstall the old version (instructions are in the README.txt file).

Version 0.2 includes the following contributions:

Contribution Control & Bookmark MOD (version 0.1.4)

Image Check (version 1.2)

Download:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3286

- Rinon

Sorry about the critical bugs. The 0.1* releases are unusable. I've fixed the bugs, so please download version 0.2. Before you install the new version, be sure to uninstall the old version (instructions are in the README.txt file).

Version 0.2 includes the following contributions:

Download:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3286

- Rinon

Going to give this a try, removed

Edited by Mibble

• 4 weeks later...
Can you do a package for the paypal ipn contrib?  that would be the bee's knees

Would this be osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2? That doesn't look like it'd be to hard, perhaps I can do that this week (if I don't run into problems ;) ).

Sorry there hasn't been any updates lately, life has been really busy. I've made a installer package of Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0, and will release as soon as I can do a little testing on it.

- Rinon

I've released a new version of the Contrib Installer (finally). Basically, I've just added new contrib installer packages. I also made a few changes to the contrib_installer.php file, adding the ability to create new directories.

Here's the contrib installer packages that are now available:

Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0 (version 2.1.1)

All Products Page (version 2.8)

osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2 (version 1.1) (this is only the official version, no patches, if you want any of the patches added to it, such as PayPal Form Prepopulator (PFP) 1.0, let me know)

- Rinon

I would like to see and maybe help with a package for POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.30.

A few issues are not clear with creating packages. and will probablly end up with errors.

Can you provide more info on creating packages?

Great idea by the way....

Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

Missed one step for update users.

open catalog/checkout_payment.php

find this.... (aprox. line no.120)

<?php //echo $payment_modules->javascript_validation(); disabled for Points/Rewards Module v1.20 */

..and replace it with this.......

<?php echo $payment_modules->javascript_validation(); ?>

(just enable the javascript)

Missed one step for update users.

open catalog/checkout_payment.php

find this.... (aprox. line no.120)

<?php //echo $payment_modules->javascript_validation(); disabled for Points/Rewards Module v1.20 */

..and replace it with this.......

<?php echo $payment_modules->javascript_validation(); ?>

(just enable the javascript)

Please ignore my last post as i postede it at the wrong place

I've released an fixed install package for Administration Access Level Accounts. I've not tested this package thoroughly, so let me know how it works for you. You'll definitely want to use this instead of the Administration Access Level Accounts in the last full package, as it is unusable.

- Rinon

Released two new install packages:

Attribute Sets ver. 5.5

Article Manager ver. 1.2b

Also, the Header Tags Controller install package I thought I uploaded yesterday didn't get uploaded, so it is now available.

- Rinon

This looks great altough i have already installed contirbutions. I have a hand written log of the files which I have modified with respect to each contribution and I also kept a copy of each original file by renaming such as aplication_top_ORIGINAL.php and leaving it in my servers folder incase I need to come back to it.

Is this set up so that I could enter the files which I have already modified for my contributinos such as "who online enhancement" "purchase without account" "easypopulate" and maybe a few others and come into this with a slightly modified OSc?

This looks great altough i have already installed contirbutions. I have a hand written log of the files which I have modified with respect to each contribution and I also kept a copy of each original file by renaming such as aplication_top_ORIGINAL.php and leaving it in my servers folder incase I need to come back to it.

Is this set up so that I could enter the files which I have already modified for my contributinos such as "who online enhancement" "purchase without account" "easypopulate" and maybe a few others and come into this with a slightly modified OSc?

Funny, I was just thinking about adding this for my own development use. I'll see about adding it to the admin interface. For right now, you can use SQL queries that directly alter the database, if you want. The query looks something like this:

INSERT INTO contrib_installer (line_number, file, contrib_name) VALUES ($LINE_NUMBER, $FILE, $CONTRIB_NAME);

where $LINE_NUMBER is the line number of the original, unaltered file that has been changed, $FILE is the name of the file, and $CONTRIB_NAME is an arbitrary name to describe which contrib this change was made for. You don't need to insert a row for lines that were added, just changed or deleted lines. This should make sure that there are no conflicts (hopefully; please let me know if you find any bugs).

HTH, and let me know if that's not enough info for you.

- Rinon

I've decided to separate the contribution install packages (cip) from the base Contrib Installer. See this post: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=673748 on the Contrib Installer announcement thread. To be informed when new packages are made, please watch that thread, as I will no longer be announcing new install packages on this thread, so that it can be devoted to support, not announcements.

- Rinon