• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Displaying the Special Price using STS

Hi there

I have installed the STS template system, and use it for my product_info page as well. We have created our own template for the look/feel of the product page.

The problem we're having is our client now wants to have a couple of items on sale i.e. have a special price.

But we use the $regularprice variable. If we add the $specialprice variable that price is now added as well. But the regular price isnt crossed through to indicate that is no longer the price.

And as we only have 2 sale items it'd look a bit odd on the template having all the regular priced items have a "Sale Price: ?0" displayed.

How has anyone got round the issue of marked-down prices when using STS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

I have got around this problem. We went into the STS_PRODUCT_INFO.PHP file and we went to line 34 and then added:

$template['specialprice'] = "Sale Price: " .

And put the $specialprice variable in the product info template. With the else statement on line 35 it is invisible if the product doesnt have a special price associated to it.

• 6 months later...