• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PC Pro Creator

empo

YEAH 34?C outside... 45?C felt inside my apartment...

But... I have worked out a pretty nice solution to fix a few problems!

1st Taxes for Assembly are now recognized

2nd Multiple Fees are available

3rd Assembly is added to cart on submission !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (made me nerly crazy)

U only need to make some articles with cat_id=0 (root directory in your cataloug) to have them in the assembly selection.

feel free to load the latest version here:

ppc-2006-07-18.rar

and check out individual-systems.de for a working compbuild!!!

Me again... I didn't see this post. I downloaded the file and installed it correctly but it doesn't work :(

This is what happens when re-installing over the "old" PPC:

ppc1bm8.th.gif

And this when installing in a new (clean) installation:

ppc2nx8.th.gif

In one word, it doesn't end loading, or it shows a mistake...

Any idea? >_<

Edited by DCP

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this error message:

var text_please_wait="Loading Please wait...."; var note1=" Please select CPU first"; var note2=" Please select Mother Board first"; var note3=" Please select Mother Board first"; var text_no_items="No items available"; var text_deselect_items="Deselect Item"; document.getElementById("loadstr").innerHTML=""; print_field('CPU','0','0','noimg.gif',3); print_field('MotherBoard','1','1','noimg.gif',3); print_field('DDR Ram','2','2','noimg.gif',3);

in

http://www.web-hosting.co.yu/catalog/compbuild.php

It is the same problem i had, and i fixed it by putting an assembly fee in the admin mode. That's all :D

I think they should advise it in the README file.

I'm sure theres an easy fix but i can't see it.

I can't make the main table stretch to 100%, as you can see here...is it the js or css?

http://www.sanitycomputers.com.au/compbuild.php

you have

<div style="overflow: auto; display: none; position: absolute; background-color: White; z-index: auto; left: 400px; height: 200px; top: 318px; width: [b]181px[/b];" id="oFrame">

in your Websit source code... please go and check ur lines 90-110 in compbuild.php

The Error has to be in there or maybe you have it in your css...

choose the right width and compbuild would fit ;)

It is the same problem i had, and i fixed it by putting an assembly fee in the admin mode. That's all :D

I think they should advise it in the README file.

Nice Idea :D

I did never think about it but its like you saud... because I am checking if ASSEMBLY is set up in administration to choose if I have to display the selction fpr assembly or not...

SO PLEASE ENTER ANY ASSEMBLY FEE IN ADMIN PANEL. OTHERWISE IT WON'T WORK!

TO ADD ASSEMBLYFEES PLEASE GO TO YOUR CATALOUGE AND ADD THE ASSEMBLY IN THE ROOT SECTION (OUT OF ANY CATEGORY)!

Greetings

Partick!

thanks to dcp i found the error:

now everything works fine with the quantities..

in builder2.php line 186

replace

sum=sum+parseFloat(price[i]*(form.elements["qty1"].selectedIndex+1));

with

sum=sum+parseFloat(price[i]*(form.elements["qty["+(i-1)+"]"].selectedIndex+1));

A very COOL and usefull contribution, well done and thanks A MILLION to all contributors :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Installed it successfully but with just two problems :-"

(1). The total price act very strange! If the product price is 1.625 the total shows 1.62 and when I add the assembly it shows 501.62 :(

(2). I have this error message at the top which is very anoying "ERROR_CACHE_DIRECTORY_DOES_NOT_EXIST "

I tried my best :blush: Hope someone could help

?,???`???,?? God must love stupid people, he made so many ??,???`???,?

And there is NOTHING at "Dependence" tab (very blank) :blink: Is it becouse it's beta? I installed V2.2.1 to test it and everything seems to work with "Dependence" tab

hi all,

i am developing an oscommerce shopping cart for my shop website.

in which i used PC Creator Pro Contribution. and it is working fine

but my shopping cart is in PAK Rupees so there are many products

whose prices can vary more than 1000's when i select a product whose

prices are in 1000's then total did not respond in well manner

it shows 0 if only that thing is selected or it will show the last total

which was shown before choosing that product which have a value in

1000's i want to know that how can i solve this problem.

thanks

in builder2.php line 186

replace

with

Well, actually it is thanks to you, i just noticed the mistake with the box. You made the rest :P

(1). The total price act very strange! If the product price is 1.625 the total shows 1.62 and when I add the assembly it shows 501.62 sad.gif

(2). I have this error message at the top which is very anoying "ERROR_CACHE_DIRECTORY_DOES_NOT_EXIST "

(1) well, first of all i guess your currency is not Euros or dollars. On the other hand, could you put the address of your shop here? It would be very helpful to see where the problem could be.

Anyway, without seeing your webpage, maybe i know where the problem can be: when you put your assembly fee, if you wrote "500", i think the contribution automatically inserts a ".00". So, the total price of assembly is "500.00", and your products might be just "1625" without the ".00". So, maybe if in all your products you insert the decimal places ".00", then it would work ok!

I'm just guessing, but if you say that the assembly sums ok but the products not, maybe it is because of this. Try this if possible, if it still doesn't work we will search in the code...

(2) Do you have the server in your PC? I ask you this because when I install the contribution in localhost, it ALWAYS shows this message, whether the cache directory is configured correctly or not.In my external web server, it doesn't show, and it might be because of Apache, but I don't know exactly why...

And there is NOTHING at "Dependence" tab (very blank) blink.gif Is it becouse it's beta? I installed V2.2.1 to test it and everything seems to work with "Dependence" tab

Well, i've started working on this contrib a couple of days ago :P so i can only tell you that I don't know exactly what's on with dependencies. I hope meisterbartsch will answer you better than me, anyway the "Dependencies" on the last "official" release didn't work really well...

hi all,

i am developing an oscommerce shopping cart for my shop website.

in which i used PC Creator Pro Contribution. and it is working fine

but my shopping cart is in PAK Rupees so there are many products

whose prices can vary more than 1000's when i select a product whose

prices are in 1000's then total did not respond in well manner

it shows 0 if only that thing is selected or it will show the last total

which was shown before choosing that product which have a value in

1000's i want to know that how can i solve this problem.

thanks

in theory this problem was solved just with this:

in builder2.php line 186

replace

with

If it still doesn't work, show us your webpage so we can check!!

Thanks for the reply DCP

well, first of all i guess your currency is not Euros or dollars. On the other hand, could you put the address of your shop here? It would be very helpful to see where the problem could be.

Anyway, without seeing your webpage, maybe i know where the problem can be: when you put your assembly fee, if you wrote "500", i think the contribution automatically inserts a ".00". So, the total price of assembly is "500.00", and your products might be just "1625" without the ".00". So, maybe if in all your products you insert the decimal places ".00", then it would work ok!

I'm just guessing, but if you say that the assembly sums ok but the products not, maybe it is because of this. Try this if possible, if it still doesn't work we will search in the code...

I can't give you a link becouse my site is still on my own PC with localhost, and I'm on LAN (NAT) :(

The Total price problem is with "." and "," :(

We use in Denmark "," for decimal and "." for thousant :) and it's opposit of english :(

When the product price is 1299 Kr which normally shows at my shop like 1.299 ,- PC Pro Creator Total price thinks of 1.29 Kr :) and my product wich costs 5000 (5.000) it counts like 5 Kr :)

I tired to change all USD to DKK in compbuild.php (admin)

And in mySQL I changed 'pc_system_assembly' DECIMAL (4,2) to 'pc_system_assembly' int(10) and USD to DKK

And I changed <? if ($pc_system_assembly != "0.00") { ?> to <? if ($pc_system_assembly != "0") { ?> in compbuild.php (catalog)

BUT it's all the same :'(

Good day,

1) I have same problem like shaytaan. In my store price is 1.300,55 and Pc Pro Creator display 1.300.55.

Total price display 0.

All this problem in ppc-2006-06-2005.

With the ppc-2006-07-18, is the same problem like DCP, it doesn`t end loading.

2) If everyone is interesting i have the solution to work Pc Pro Creator with register_globals off.

My store is in location http://www.caltekshop.lx.ro

Many thanks, and sorry for my english

Good day,

1) I have same problem like shaytaan. In my store price is 1.300,55 and Pc Pro Creator display 1.300.55.

Total price display 0.

All this problem in ppc-2006-06-2005.

With the ppc-2006-07-18, is the same problem like DCP, it doesn`t end loading.

2) If everyone is interesting i have the solution to work Pc Pro Creator with register_globals off.

My store is in location http://www.caltekshop.lx.ro

Many thanks, and sorry for my english

About the problem of shaytaan and hec, it is weird because at least in Spain, we work with the Euros the same way as in Denmark... "." for thousands, and "," for decimals!!

For example: 1.132,03 Euros

Ok, please check the following: Go to admin/currencies.php and choose your currency. On the right column, you'll have some values similar to these ones (please note I got them from my site and they are in Spanish):

T?tulo: Euro

C?digo: EUR

S?mbolo a la izquierda:

S?mbolo a la derecha: EUR

Punto decimal: ,

Separador de miles: .

Lugares decimales: 2

Actualizado el: 01/12/2004

Valor: 1.00000000

Ejemplo:

30,00EUR = 30,00EUR

Hec, about the problem with "always loading", as I told before, it is solved by just adding an Assembly value in the ADmin panel!! It's very easy! ;)

shaymaan, I would reccomend you to hire a server ASAP and probe everything there. When working on localhost, sometimes you get errors (like the cache one) or sometimes, when you upload the files, the web on the server is different to the one you had on localhost!

Good Day,

Many thanks to all working for this contribution and provide help for she, is very good one.

1) I put assembley fee in admin and it works now. My mistake, i don`t read with atention the mesages.

But i put 10.00 in admin and in catalog doesn`t display anything.

2) The error "cache directory does not exist" also in 'localhost and in 'web server'.

3) Yes DCP, i have in admin/currencies all the settings like you say, but unfortunately the problem with the prices is the same-very strange- my price in store is 1.500,45 in PC Pro Creator display 1.500.45 and price total display 0.

Many thanks

Good Day,

Many thanks to all working for this contribution and provide help for she, is very good one.

1) I put assembley fee in admin and it works now. My mistake, i don`t read with atention the mesages.

But i put 10.00 in admin and in catalog doesn`t display anything.

2) The error "cache directory does not exist" also in 'localhost and in 'web server'.

3) Yes DCP, i have in admin/currencies all the settings like you say, but unfortunately the problem with the prices is the same-very strange- my price in store is 1.500,45 in PC Pro Creator display 1.500.45 and price total display 0.

Many thanks

Hi again

1. Apart from putting the assembly price in admin, you have to add an article to the catalog in the root directory. So, you have to go to admin -> Catalog, and in the root directory, where you made all the folders, you have to add an article here, and this will appear in the assembly section of compbuild.php.

2 & 3. About the cache error, i think the easiest way to solve it is to go to admin-> configuration -> cache, and leave the cache directory in blank, don't put any folder!

i don't know why but although you may create the temp folder , sometimes it still says there are problems with the cache directory.

Now you shouldn't have problems with the cache. And the thing is that i had the same problem as you: in localhost the cache gave errors to me and, I think is because of that, it didn't sum the total to me also! So this should work.

Just in case, do you have installed the contribution of VAT incl/excl?? It also is incompatible with this contrib :(

Let us know!

Edu

Hi again

I have looked in my site, and well, i have realized that you are right. Although with the Euro we follow the same rule about "." and "," i have to put all decimal numbers after a dot. For example, instead of 25,00 i have to put 25.00 .I didn't remember it because i developed a little program which updates the prices automatically :blink:

The thing is that when buying the product, the prices DO have a comma for the decimals! This is weird.

So, the solutions are:

1. change all the decimal prices you have from commas to dots.

2. Change something in this contribution. The problem is that all my prices have the dot for decimals, so i cannot try this in my shop >_< or at least I don't know how.

I think the "mistake" should be in these lines, in build/builder2.php:

function formatnumber(num,num_after_dot){
	if (!num_after_dot) num_after_dot=2;
	if (num<0.05) num=0;
	var snum = (String) (num);
	var is_dot_ok=snum.indexOf('.')
	if (!(is_dot_ok==-1)){
			snum = snum.substr(0,is_dot_ok+num_after_dot+1);
			if ((snum.length-is_dot_ok)==2){
					snum=snum+"0"
			}else{ 
				if ((snum.length-is_dot_ok)==1){
					snum=snum+"00"
				}
			}
	}
	return snum;
}

Any idea?

EVERYONE, please note - In Admin -> Configuration -> Cache, you should have your cache Directory set to your FULL path to the cache directory. For example, it should NOT be just /tmp/. My cache directory is /home/stone777/public_html/catalog/tmp/, and this relates to www.mydomainname.com/catalog/tmp/

Most people make the mistake of making it just /tmp/ and then wonders why it doesnt work (or do not even notice it is not working).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi again

1. Apart from putting the assembly price in admin, you have to add an article to the catalog in the root directory. So, you have to go to admin -> Catalog, and in the root directory, where you made all the folders, you have to add an article here, and this will appear in the assembly section of compbuild.php.

2 & 3. About the cache error, i think the easiest way to solve it is to go to admin-> configuration -> cache, and leave the cache directory in blank, don't put any folder!

i don't know why but although you may create the temp folder , sometimes it still says there are problems with the cache directory.

Now you shouldn't have problems with the cache. And the thing is that i had the same problem as you: in localhost the cache gave errors to me and, I think is because of that, it didn't sum the total to me also! So this should work.

Just in case, do you have installed the contribution of VAT incl/excl?? It also is incompatible with this contrib :(

Let us know!

Edu

I hired a Server and all errors are stil there :'(

Removed the /tmp/ directory, not helping :(

And I do have installed the contribution of VAT incl/excl :-" Is there any way to fix it :)

Thanks for replying :thumbsup:

EVERYONE, please note - In Admin -> Configuration -> Cache, you should have your cache Directory set to your FULL path to the cache directory. For example, it should NOT be just /tmp/. My cache directory is /home/stone777/public_html/catalog/tmp/, and this relates to www.mydomainname.com/catalog/tmp/

Most people make the mistake of making it just /tmp/ and then wonders why it doesnt work (or do not even notice it is not working).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for the explantaion! The thing is that i DO have just /tmp/ as a cache directory :D

I hired a Server and all errors are stil there :'(

Removed the /tmp/ directory, not helping :(

And I do have installed the contribution of VAT incl/excl :-" Is there any way to fix it :)

Thanks for replying :thumbsup:

As stonebridgecomputing told us, you have to put the entire path to the tmp directory! Now, this should be fixed at last...

And about the VAT incl/excl, as i told you, I had it installed but had to uninstall it :( i am still working in this, i will tell as soon as i get to know, because i don't know if the problem is in the VAT contrib or in the PPC :blink:

So, again, i will tell as soon as possible!

Hi again

I have looked in my site, and well, i have realized that you are right. Although with the Euro we follow the same rule about "." and "," i have to put all decimal numbers after a dot. For example, instead of 25,00 i have to put 25.00 .I didn't remember it because i developed a little program which updates the prices automatically :blink:

The thing is that when buying the product, the prices DO have a comma for the decimals! This is weird.

So, the solutions are:

1. change all the decimal prices you have from commas to dots.

2. Change something in this contribution. The problem is that all my prices have the dot for decimals, so i cannot try this in my shop >_< or at least I don't know how.

I think the "mistake" should be in these lines, in build/builder2.php:

if (num<0.05) num=0;
	if (!(is_dot_ok==-1)){
					snum=snum+"0"
			}else{ 
				if ((snum.length-is_dot_ok)==1){
					snum=snum+"00"
				}
			}
	}
	return snum;
}

Any idea?

You are right.. we will have to reformat this function... I thinkl exporting this function to real php instead of js would enable it to comoftable with different contibs such as VAT incl/excl because we could rely on this OSC build in functions then.

I would have a look tomorrow.. maybe I can present any results at the later evening...

greetings

Patrick

One more problem :(

The are some dir which don't display (blank)

Is there a limitation for displaying subcatagories and products?

f. ex. I have 10 subcategiries with about 50 products each category insite RAM and PPC displays nothing :(

TFT screen har 6 subcategories with about 25 products each and PPC displays nothing :(

Please advice :blush:

Thanks to all for replying.

Finally i understand what is with "cache directory".

Please don`t forget the prices problem(dot for decimals). Maybe is something in prduct_list.php line 143?

Thanks

One more problem :(

The are some dir which don't display (blank)

Is there a limitation for displaying subcatagories and products?

f. ex. I have 10 subcategiries with about 50 products each category insite RAM and PPC displays nothing :(

TFT screen har 6 subcategories with about 25 products each and PPC displays nothing :(

Please advice :blush:

I have many categories with a lot of products and I don't have any problem! And even with subcategories. you can check it in my test compbuild (http://www.pchousemadrid.com/compbuild.php)

So it might be somenthing about your configuration!

Thanks to all for replying.

Finally i understand what is with "cache directory".

Please don`t forget the prices problem(dot for decimals). Maybe is something in prduct_list.php line 143?

Thanks

I am working on this. I have checked what you said and you might be right, because the quantity of each products has this format: 123.45. The problem is that the subtotal doesn't work,so i will check it tomorrow if possible! Also, it might have to be because of the shop config... i'll tell you.

please replace the following function in build2.php an the decimal problem should be solved I think.

if (num<0.05) num=0;
	if (is_dot_ok==-1){
	is_dot_ok=snum.indexOf(',')
	}
	if (!(is_dot_ok==-1)){
					snum=snum+"0"