• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PC Pro Creator

empo

the TAX has been fixed in 2.3, i tested it as thorughly as i could..

if it works in the OSC catalog (ie. tax is setup right), it should work in the pc creator. if not let me know.

(if anyone cares to know, the TAX bug was in prduct_list.php. the sql query didnt get the tax values from the Database, AND the php array variable name was wrong)

the prices in pc creator have always come from the database, so i have no idea what you mean by "price not updating automatically from catalog"

and what's wrong with the drop-down lists?

take your time and explain each problem, it makes it alot easier to help you :)

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the TAX has been fixed in 2.3, i tested it as thorughly as i could..

if it works in the OSC catalog (ie. tax is setup right), it should work in the pc creator. if not let me know.

(if anyone cares to know, the TAX bug was in prduct_list.php. the sql query didnt get the tax values from the Database, AND the php array variable name was wrong)

the prices in pc creator have always come from the database, so i have no idea what you mean by "price not updating automatically from catalog"

and what's wrong with the drop-down lists?

take your time and explain each problem, it makes it alot easier to help you :)

i fixed the dropdownmenu problem so far... but i am still working on assembly fees...

gimme one more day ;)

Firstly, can i say fantastic work Dopy99 :thumbsup:

I just have one question on the new beta version in regard to assembly cost..

I dont know if it's me but I dont seem to be able to get the assembly cost added to the final value of the system.

Shouldn't the assembly costs appear as a seperate item line on the print preview and the shopping cart and also carry over into the final bill . invoice? (just a question here, i think this has to be itemised).

Anyway... brilliant work..i can't thank you enough for working on this to make it what it is so far.... :D

Regards

TechHeads

Edited by TechHeads

thanks TechHeads :)

the assembly dosnt work yet..

i thought the function calc_subtotal in the javascript was what i needed to add assembly to, but that didnt work...and it broke the qty boxes..

i left the html and php part for it in there, because its invisible with assembly set to 0.00, so it dosnt hurt anything..

meisterbartsch is looking into it, maybe he can see what i was missing :)

the short term solution is to make a new category named Assembly, add a new product to it called Assembly Fee, and make it the price you want to charge for assembly. then add an assembly category in the pc creator admin section.

another problem that was pointed out to me in a PM was specials prices dont work in the pc builder..

the problem there is in prduct_list.php, it needs a new query for each product to the osc specials table.. im gonna try to get that added in.

im glad you like whats been done so far, hopefully it wont take long to get it all fixed up with meisterbartsch working on it too :)

Ah right..that's great news. (The fact it wasn't me being stupid :lol: )

Strangely enough we thought of that workaround this morning for the assembly costs :)

I feel a bit bad i didn't acknowledge meisterbartsch as also doing hard work on this...thanks alot to you :D

Look forward to seeing the next version

Regards

Techheads

thanks TechHeads :)

the assembly dosnt work yet..

i thought the function calc_subtotal in the javascript was what i needed to add assembly to, but that didnt work...and it broke the qty boxes..

i left the html and php part for it in there, because its invisible with assembly set to 0.00, so it dosnt hurt anything..

meisterbartsch is looking into it, maybe he can see what i was missing :)

the short term solution is to make a new category named Assembly, add a new product to it called Assembly Fee, and make it the price you want to charge for assembly. then add an assembly category in the pc creator admin section.

another problem that was pointed out to me in a PM was specials prices dont work in the pc builder..

the problem there is in prduct_list.php, it needs a new query for each product to the osc specials table.. im gonna try to get that added in.

im glad you like whats been done so far, hopefully it wont take long to get it all fixed up with meisterbartsch working on it too :)

I am very sorry, I did not have much time the last 2 days... you will see what i have done so far tomorrow...

for a little sneek look to my website ;)

Hello,

I tested the latest beta version and i saw something that i couldnt fgure out. When i select a assembly fee it isnt displayed at teh shoppingcart.

I alos want to know if it is possible to make it so that the shopping cart makes the next layout in staid of showing all products. ! product whith a name such as Custom pc and then some sublines with the details. Like

1x Custom pc

-motherboard

-Cpu

-memory 2x, 3x etc etc

-etc, etc

Is it possible to add more lines to the assembly such ass assembly with software, without software and no assembly??

I hope that this arent to difficult questions.

danny

I mean if I have an AMD Athlon64 3200+ that costs (in my shop) 200$ (including TAX), I must put this value (but without TAX) in the list of processors in PC Creator. It would have been easier if the price updated automaticly when adding the AMD Athlon64 3200 to the drop-down menu of PC Creator, without the need to manually put the price (without TAX).

I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say here.

Regards!

Lao

Sorry for my bad english language!

Hello,

I tested the latest beta version and i saw something that i couldnt fgure out. When i select a assembly fee it isnt displayed at teh shoppingcart.

I also noticed that and I am going to fix it soon.

I alos want to know if it is possible to make it so that the shopping cart makes the next layout in staid of showing all products. ! product whith a name such as Custom pc and then some sublines with the details. Like

1x Custom pc

-motherboard

-Cpu

-memory 2x, 3x etc etc

-etc, etc

nice Idea. But I think this is unpossible because the custom PC would not have any ID then. So you would not be able to integrate the build PC in your order management. maybe anyone has an idea how to create a virtual ID and an virtual article. This would be the only way to solve this problem.

Is it possible to add more lines to the assembly such ass assembly with software, without software and no assembly??

I am currently working on that...

I hope that this arent to difficult questions.

danny

@Lao: Seems that I did not get you yet ;)

Edited by meisterbartsch

Hi meisterbartsch,

Firstable thanks again for making this project alive !

I have problem with your latest version (2006-06-29). When i clik on the Custom Dekstop Creator box on the storefront, the compuild.php page is loading but i can only see the tittle and the "Total Price" line but no categories are displayed. IE is complaining about an error in line 266 of the compuild.php. When i use the 2006-06-25 version eerything is fine. Any idea ?

Also i have a problem with the templates: the program is telling me that the default template and the blue template are not present.

Thanks again !

Guillaume

Good day sir, I've got 2 problems with "PC Pro Creator"

1. After installation if I don't set the dependencies I got processors instead of motherboards, after I set the dependencies for motherboards I get only the AMD motherboards I have defined subcategories of processors "AMD CPU and Intel CPU" and for motherboard "AMD MB and Intel MB"

2. Another problem seems to appear after I uninstall "CPCC Box" the Custom PC Configurator have no components on it, is working only if I rewrite the old files.

Thank You

Edited by shtefanush

Lao: if your categories are not removing, you probly need to change the permissions on config.inc.php and pc-cats.php in the /build folder, they need to be writable by the server..

theres nothing showing up in the drop downs because thats the problem i was asking help with to fix. its all been explained in this thread :/

Kayserili: i'll try to add that in as soon as i can ;)

Now to the good news, i was finnaly able to track down what caused the drop-downs to be empty, and managed to fix it!

now that i have a better grasp of how it works, and learned some about sql query's, i decided to re-write the whole thing to use pure sql (no more config.inc.php or pc-cats.php).

my sql "test" version works ok :)

but is not backwards compatible with the files version, so all code dealing with the files is removed..

once i get a few necesary features added and design a final database structure that will support planned features, i'll release it..

hopefully that will be soon, but no promises :o

There's no depencies here?

http://pcshop.freehostia.com/admin/compbuild.php

Also, on my installation there is nothing showing up inder depecies?

Regards,

Nenad

Good day sir, I've got 2 problems with "PC Pro Creator"

1. After installation if I don't set the dependencies I got processors instead of motherboards, after I set the dependencies for motherboards I get only the AMD motherboards I have defined subcategories of processors "AMD CPU and Intel CPU" and for motherboard "AMD MB and Intel MB"

2. Another problem seems to appear after I uninstall "CPCC Box" the Custom PC Configurator have no components on it, is working only if I rewrite the old files.

Thank You

That is happening to me if I install v2.2.1

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...stom+pc+creator

And if I install v2.3

from here http://pcshop.freehostia.com/

then I don not have denpencies at all?

Regards,

Nenad

That is happening to me if I install v2.2.1

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...stom+pc+creator

And if I install v2.3

from here http://pcshop.freehostia.com/

then I don not have denpencies at all?

right...

dependencies do not have reimplented yet..

I am currently working on adding assembly to cart which is nort as easy because of the wide usage of javascript in this contri...

greetz Patrick

right...

dependencies do not have reimplented yet..

I am currently working on adding assembly to cart which is nort as easy because of the wide usage of javascript in this contri...

greetz Patrick

YEAH 34?C outside... 45?C felt inside my apartment...

But... I have worked out a pretty nice solution to fix a few problems!

1st Taxes for Assembly are now recognized

2nd Multiple Fees are available

3rd Assembly is added to cart on submission !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (made me nerly crazy)

U only need to make some articles with cat_id=0 (root directory in your cataloug) to have them in the assembly selection.

feel free to load the latest version here:

ppc-2006-07-18.rar

and check out individual-systems.de for a working compbuild!!!

YEAH 34?C outside... 45?C felt inside my apartment...

But... I have worked out a pretty nice solution to fix a few problems!

1st Taxes for Assembly are now recognized

2nd Multiple Fees are available

3rd Assembly is added to cart on submission !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (made me nerly crazy)

U only need to make some articles with cat_id=0 (root directory in your cataloug) to have them in the assembly selection.

feel free to load the latest version here:

ppc-2006-07-18.rar

and check out individual-systems.de for a working compbuild!!!

Does your solution supports depencies for AMD & Intel processors and compatible motherboards?

Regards,

Nenad

Does your solution supports depencies for AMD & Intel processors and compatible motherboards?

I have this error message:

var text_please_wait="Loading Please wait...."; var note1=" Please select CPU first"; var note2=" Please select Mother Board first"; var note3=" Please select Mother Board first"; var text_no_items="No items available"; var text_deselect_items="Deselect Item"; document.getElementById("loadstr").innerHTML=""; print_field('CPU','0','0','noimg.gif',3); print_field('MotherBoard','1','1','noimg.gif',3); print_field('DDR Ram','2','2','noimg.gif',3);

in

http://www.web-hosting.co.yu/catalog/compbuild.php

Regards,

Nenad

hi all!

Although this is my first message here, I have been working with OSC for 2 years and I have read many posts in this forum.

But I have finally decided to register just to write in this post. I find this contribution really interesting and I prefer this to the Custom PC. I think this one is better visually, but still has a few problems...

I don't know if they are solved or not, but these are the problems I have seen at the moment:

1.CPUs: doesn't work

2.MotherBoard: I don't know in your case, in mine it only appears AMD MB-

3.Total price: it is always "0 Eur"

4. In Admin, many variables like SELECT_CATEGORY or DEPEND_TEXT doesn't show. I mean, it shoes the NAME of the variables, but not its content. So, although you may translate the contribution to Spanish or Polish, for example, they will appear the same...

In some cases, when clicking on the list appears HTML code :angry: but I think the 3 first are the most relevant.

I do not have much experience with PHP, but I will try to solve some of them on my own. Obviously, I will write here what i have made.

On the other hand, someone asked for a Spanish pack. I will upload it tomorrow if possible.

See you very soon! :rolleyes: