• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PC Pro Creator

empo

Sorry for the 3rd post, but there's no Edit button.

I moved the PC Creator one line down in column_left and it shows now.

Now I have to move some products inside categories to be able to see them in the drop-down lists of PC Creator. Is there a way to make the price show WITH tax after I select it in Processors for example?

Here's a romanian site that has the most pleasent PC Configurator. I asked them where they got it and they said it's made by them and it's not for sale.

Nice isn't it?

http://www.stonet.ro/configurator_page.php

Sorry for my bad english language!

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way to complete the system configuration without the need to fill all the drop-down options?

If I don't fill one of them (let's say Networking) it gives me this: "You must have products in order"

Also, how can I put zero quantity in quantity options, so that when a customer doesn't need a component he can select zero quantity.

Thanks in advance.

i dont know why the left box wouldent show, unless you have the page cached.. try logging out and back in or turning use cache off in OSC... if you moved the include the uninstall box may not work.

are you using the version of pc pro creator downloaded from here (OSC contrib downloads) or from my demo page? they are different.. it sounds like your using the one from contrib section if you have products showing up in Processors and Networking :P

the TAX bug has been around from the start, and i havnt looked into that at all yet...

in the version here, the categories for the pc builder are Static, meaning built into the code.. if you dont want networking, you have to edit it out of like 5 php files.

In the version on my demo page, you can change the categories in the admin section as you please without having to edit code :P

though my modified version dosnt display the products properly in the menu's of the builder, and thats what i'v been working to fix :)

once i get that working, you wouldent have (m)any of your current problems ;)

I said that I resolved the problem with PC Creator showing in left column. I moved "include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'compbuild.php');" after the } sign and is working now. ;)

If you show me where I can get your version I'd be happy to try it out. ;)

It's not much different from the original one or at least I don't see it. The Admin section of your code that you mentioned above is worth trying.

You still haven't told me (if you know the reason) why is showing me that message: "You must have products in order" and what can I do about it. :(

the only changes your meant to "see" in my modified version is that you can easily name and arrange the builder categories how you want.

if you havn't changed the categories around by hand in the old version then that might not seem like alot... (try it and see! ;) )

i dont know whats causing your "you must have products in order" message..

i could guess its because you dont have any products in one of the categories (in compbuild admin), or you havnt set the use oscommerce cart (also in compbuild admin). if thats not it, i really dont know. :/

the only changes your meant to "see" in my modified version is that you can easily name and arrange the builder categories how you want.

if you havn't changed the categories around by hand in the old version then that might not seem like alot... (try it and see! ;) )

i dont know whats causing your "you must have products in order" message..

i could guess its because you dont have any products in one of the categories (in compbuild admin), or you havnt set the use oscommerce cart (also in compbuild admin). if thats not it, i really dont know. :/

You're talking to a n00b here, where can I get your version?

I assigned a subcategory from my shop to every category of products in compbuild, so there shouldn't be any problem. I also have been using the use commerce cart with no good results.

You're talking to a n00b here, where can I get your version?

I assigned a subcategory from my shop to every category of products in compbuild, so there shouldn't be any problem. I also have been using the use commerce cart with no good results.

If you read the posts you can find the answer yourself.

I downloaded the package from Dopy99's site, but I ran into some new problems:

I can't remove categories, although at the top of Admin it clearly says "Row Wirelessantenna removed successfully

Configuration update successfully" and

No products are showing in the drop-down menus in shop.

Guys a little problem here!! I have installed everything correct and its working! BUT!! i say BUT!! not my but! De Assemble costst doenst come up!! I cant install assemble costs!! How How and HOW can i do that?

Lao: if your categories are not removing, you probly need to change the permissions on config.inc.php and pc-cats.php in the /build folder, they need to be writable by the server..

theres nothing showing up in the drop downs because thats the problem i was asking help with to fix. its all been explained in this thread :/

Kayserili: i'll try to add that in as soon as i can ;)

Now to the good news, i was finnaly able to track down what caused the drop-downs to be empty, and managed to fix it!

now that i have a better grasp of how it works, and learned some about sql query's, i decided to re-write the whole thing to use pure sql (no more config.inc.php or pc-cats.php).

my sql "test" version works ok :)

but is not backwards compatible with the files version, so all code dealing with the files is removed..

once i get a few necesary features added and design a final database structure that will support planned features, i'll release it..

hopefully that will be soon, but no promises :o

Edited by Dopy99

Dopy99, I used the original Product Attributes from OSCommerce for the first time just 2 days ago and I liked it very much, BUT the single "problem" is that the prices are not taken directly from database, instead I have to write them myself. :(

As I sell computer components, I must change prices very often. By using original Product Attributes I'm forced to do the price changes in two places: database AND product attributes. If there were (or is) a way to take the prices from database, original product attributes would do the job I'm looking for.

Here's a new topic of mine:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=0entry873849

Dopy99, I used the original Product Attributes from OSCommerce for the first time just 2 days ago and I liked it very much, BUT the single "problem" is that the prices are not taken directly from database, instead I have to write them myself. :(

As I sell computer components, I must change prices very often. By using original Product Attributes I'm forced to do the price changes in two places: database AND product attributes. If there were (or is) a way to take the prices from database, original product attributes would do the job I'm looking for.

Here's a new topic of mine:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=0entry873849

When Dopy99 releases the next version you wont need to worry about changing the prices a second time as the PC Pro Creator takes the prices of the components straight from your database. So if the price changes in your website, it will change in the PC Pro Creator also.

For me, that was always the disadvantage of the Product Attributes.

Cheers,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

i'v been working hard to get it going with multiple systems configurations in the admin section, and with this kind of option i thought it best to have a seperate assembly fee per system..(example: have completly seperate configuration options for Desktop, Laptop, Server, ect..)

i'd like to get assembly in before i release it, and that would mean i'd need to have multiple system support already in for future upgrade compatibility..

multiple systems with seperate options all generated by the same php page

is incredibly complex, but im slowly making progress :)

before i really started i went through this entire thread and wrote down all bugs / requests..

here's what i'v done so far:

*switched to SQL only, created DB table stucture

*renamed $template to avoid conflict with STS

*builder category names can now contain spaces and special characters

*reorder OSC categories in admin drop down menu's by OSC Category ID and add '--' to ones that have a parent category (not quite perfect..)

* dynamic/editable display order, category name and category image name in admin

*Tax bug fixed and tax made optional in admin :)

here's what im working to fix before releasing it:

*multiple systems / "builders" (with fully seperate/editable system display order,names, images and options)

*ability to enable/disable a system in admin (hide from customers without deleting a system setup)

* Assembly fee per system setup

and here's what i'd still like to get done later, if i can:

*update price when quantity is changed

*option for saving / loading preset configurations (dont know about this one..)

*Dependence

*Software

*get all displayed text out of the compbuild.php and into the english definitions file

*Display 3+ deep category structure

*check into product qty and multiple orders being over-written

*figure out why the first 3 categories act funny even witout dependence

*option to sort products by price or name

i thought i'd have it ready by now, but i under-estimated the dificulty in multiple system configurations :P

im working on it every chance i get, so stay tuned ;)

Edited by Dopy99

Yeah that is definately looking awesome. I can't wait to see the next release.

I think that having presets would be an awesome feature because then you can set up specific systems for those that don't know what they are doing, and then they can change parts if they want.

With the dependence system, has it been changed? I would prefer not to have to select which products are of which type of part (eg, which product is a socket 775 cpu, or 478 cpu etc). I dont mind having to specify some keywords in Admin for it to search in the products in each category if needed, in order to match products up better (ask me to explain a bit more if you have no idea what I could be talking about - too early for me to be thinking clearly).

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the next release.

Thanks for your hard work.

Cheers,

Chris

We're all waiting for you Dopy ! ;)

This site is from my own country, it sells computers. They say they made the configurator by their own and don't want to share it. You choose a category, then the product from that category and so on.

CLIC HERE

We're all waiting for you Dopy ! ;)

This site is from my own country, it sells computers. They say they made the configurator by their own and don't want to share it. You choose a category, then the product from that category and so on.

CLIC HERE

Hi... is anyone interested in a german languagefile?

I am very interested in taking part in the programmers action as i am very familiar with php an mysql...

but I am not as familiar with the javascripts in 2.2.1 so I did not change anything in there...

I like the layout of the Creator. Do you ever want to go back to this angain DOpy?

greetz

Patrick

thanks for the compliments guys :blush:

stonebridge:

I think that having presets would be an awesome feature because then you can set up specific systems for those that don't know what they are doing, and then they can change parts if they want.

i agree, presets are needed..

With the dependence system, has it been changed?

i removed the original Dependence system because it was getting in the way of testing changes, and because it didnt work with every possible situation.. i know this is needed aswell :o

Lao: maybe they did write that site themsleve's.. they dont Have to share it if they dont want to, its their choice ;)

meisterbartsch: if your talking about the layout of the customer side javascript, i havnt hardly touched that except to make changes for it to know what image to display.

if your talking about the java tabs in the admin section, i kinda like them :)

any language file contributions would be welcomed, im sure !

and i'd be verry happy to get some help with the development aswell :D

i'll PM you..

i gave up on the multi systems (for now) and im just trying to get a basic assemby fee option working :huh:

got assemby in there just cant get it to add to the total!

but because i ripped out the multisystem code, its functional again...so i'll go ahead and post what i have.

new demo and zip of v2.3 BETA ready to download from http://pcshop.freehostia.com , enjoy :)

Edited by Dopy99

I know, it's their choice not to share it with someone else. ;)

The main "problems" for PC Creator are TAX not included in total cost of the system, price not updating automaticly from catalog and the way components can be removed/added in PC Creator drop-down lists. Those prblems are standing in my systems build up for me. :(