• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PC Pro Creator

empo

hi again

:thumbsup:

For who has this problem "Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in..." it means that is instaled a template. To solve that problem it need to change variable $template on the respective files, for example to $template_.

Bye

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I have also a problem with PPC

I have the shop

www.tibopc.nl

(dutch)

When i want to select an article and then want to check out he says there are no articles selected?

neither can i select an amount.

Printing gives the same error.

But when i select nothing then order and print works fine?

Does anybody knows what the problem is , is it something with the java?

I appreciate your help

Regards,

• 1 month later...

Hi! I've installed pc creator 2.0 and on "build computer" page I see prices without tax. Tax is added only in shopping cart. I'd like to have prices with tax added shown on "build computer" page. How I can do this?

My 2nd question is: how I can allow to choose more than 1 piece of specific hardware, can't make "QTY" drop down list to work.

Big thanks for your good job :rolleyes:

Just want to say - thanks for a good update on a good contribution. It does seem to have a problem with the Netscape browser - but hey, it is a small problem.

Is there a plan for further development of this? For example to offer attributes in the selections.

Thanks again,

Gwyn

I love this contrib. its very cool, good, & nice, & has some very good features in it.

I posted a update on the english.php file, that would solve the BOX_COMP_SETTINGS & BOX_HEADING_COMPBUILD prob. in the admin panel.

Michael

Michael

First the reason that I made V2.0. A client of me installed this contrib and he hired me to fix it. So I don't know if I have the time to go on with the development..... I'll try...

Zolti:

1- Don't know if this feature is just not working or not intergrated... If not it will be placed at the to do list.

2 - I've noticed that it doesn't work, I'll look at it...

Gwyn:

1- I didnt test it in Netscape. I hope when it works in IE, FF, OP that it will also work in NN.

Micheal:

Nice for the update. If you have some time left, you can help me with extending the language file for the rest of the texts in the contrib.

Edited by Ғяαпқ

Hi, Ғяαпқ,

I have a lot of time on my hands, I can surely help you with the languages files for this excellent contrib.

Michael

Edited by mrgtec

Michael

Hello all,

I hope you can help, I installed the script and all seemed ok.

Then I enabled it in he admin section and the whole site whent down.

I get this error now on the page

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/skyipco/public_html/includes/column_left.php on line 83

Thanks in advance....

Hello all,

I hope you can help, I installed the script and all seemed ok.

Then I enabled it in he admin section and the whole site whent down.

I get this error now on the page

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/skyipco/public_html/includes/column_left.php on line 83

Thanks in advance....

It seems the above problem is due to my Theme.. I done a clean install and all seems better except that I get the following error whenever I try to save any changes in the Pc Build admin.

Warning: fopen(../build/config.inc.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /shop/admin/compbuild.php on line 103

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gamersde/public_html/shop/admin/compbuild.php on line 105

in /home/gamersde/public_html/shop/admin/compbuild.php on line 106

in /home/gamersde/public_html/shop/admin/compbuild.php on line 107

and so on...

I enabled 7 7 7 on compbuild.php but stil doesnt work? any ideas?

It seems the above problem is due to my Theme.. I done a clean install and all seems better except that I get the following error whenever I try to save any changes in the Pc Build admin.

Warning: fopen(../build/config.inc.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /shop/admin/compbuild.php on line 103

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/gamersde/public_html/shop/admin/compbuild.php on line 105

in /home/gamersde/public_html/shop/admin/compbuild.php on line 106

in /home/gamersde/public_html/shop/admin/compbuild.php on line 107

and so on...

I enabled 7 7 7 on compbuild.php but stil doesnt work? any ideas?

You must chmod 777 file ../build/config.inc.php !!

You must read what your comp write :thumbsup:

Edited by Zolti

FYI

There are some little bugs in version 2.0 (I don't know if there are more or less than before but the bugs are defently different).

I hope to make an update this weekend. The following items will be added/updated/fixed (I hope):

- IE/FF/OP/NN browser support

- Multi language support

- Bottom box correction fix

- ? sign fix (in some cases it doesn't work)

Now I need some help. It about the "Bottom box correction fix".

This part of code is to determine if the box which should be shown can be placed below the actual row. If the space is to small the box wil be placed above the actual row.

In Firefox and Opera the script crashes because the object "event" (line 141) is unknow (at this point). So there is no event.clientY (except for IE).

Whats wrong??

File: builder2.js

Lines: 125-146

var categoryid=-1;
	var aTag;
	tab=e.parentNode; //TR
	aTag=tab;
	var leftpos=0;
	var toppos=0;
	do {
			aTag = aTag.offsetParent;
			leftpos += aTag.offsetLeft;
			toppos += aTag.offsetTop;
	} while(aTag.tagName!="BODY");

var PopupHeight=200;
	var TotTop=tab.offsetTop+tab.offsetHeight +toppos;

document.getElementById("oFrame").style.left =tab.offsetLeft+leftpos+1;
	if (event.clientY+PopupHeight+10>document.body.clientHeight){
			TotTop-=PopupHeight+tab.offsetHeight;
	}  
	if (TotTop+10>document.body.clientHeight){
			TotTop-=PopupHeight+tab.offsetHeight;
	}

Edited by Ғяαпқ

Now I need some help. It about the "Bottom box correction fix".

This part of code is to determine if the box which should be shown can be placed below the actual row. If the space is to small the box wil be placed above the actual row.

In Firefox and Opera the script crashes because the object "event" (line 141) is unknow (at this point). So there is no event.clientY (except for IE).

Whats wrong??

Hey,

I haven't really looked at it much, and you may have already thought of this (or may think that it is not possible), so sorry if you have, but is there any way that you can initialise the event object earlier and just give it either a NULL value or some other dummy value?

OR, is the point with that line of code to see if the object 'event' is already declared and has a value, and then further down in the script it is then declared and given values? If this one is the way, then can't you simply add another 'if' statement like "if (event.clientY)" (it should return either a true or false value whether it has a value possibly). Otherwise there might be another function in php will check whether a value has either been previously declared, or whether it has a value.

Hopefully this helps. I haven't looked into it very much at all, and may just be grasping straws, so sorry if I am.

Cheers,

Chris :)

Chris,

You where close. As I read it in a JS manual, the event object should always be given to a function as a parameter like:

<th onclick=\"show_products(event,this,"+indx+")\" style='cursor: hand;' >

So thanks. The problem is solved.

The weekend is over. I am not finished completely.. The multi language feature costs allot of work.

- IE/FF/OP/NN browser support: DONE

- Multi language support: 80%

- Bottom box correction fix: DONE

- € sign fix (in some cases it doesn't work): DONE

To do:

- Enable/program Quantity box.

- Look/test TAX functionality.

- Dynamic pop-up box size (depending on content with adjustable max lines)

I hope to upload V2.1 tomorrow.

i have one work

check this-> http://www.tusofki.net/shop/compbuild.php

Hey Empo,

There are no CPU's listed in the list.

I checked your admin area out and the CPU category is correctly selected.

What else has changed? Is this the newer version you have personally developed, or the free one that is on oscommerce?

Also, for those interested - the products on Empo's test site all belong to ME hehe (www.stonebridgecomputing.com.au). He was working on some stuff with this contribution for me :)

I am anxious to get this working on my site soon, so I am keenly seeing the further development here.

Has anyone been able to get this contribution to search through layers of categories? For example, in the admin section where you select the categories for CPU's, I have a category called "CPU's" but then there are sub-categories of "Intel" and "AMD". If someone could get that working then it would be excellent.

Also, there is another thing that needs to be fixed up in the Admin section. Basically, when you go to match the categories up, it simply displays EVERY category in the drop-down list in alphabetical order. Can this display a category TREE rather than everything in alphabetical order?

For example, it will display something like the following in the drop-down list:

CPU

->AMD

->Intel

Disk Drives

->Floppy Disk

HDD

->IDE

-->PATA

-->SATA

->SCSI

and so on

Cheers,