PC Pro Creator

empo

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very great contribution.

If installed and after solving a few bugs, it works fine now.

But there is one thing that works not good for my shop.

My shop has this structure:

Category > 1e-subcategory > 2e-subcategory

Like:

Processors(category)

___Intel-Socket-775(1e-subcategory)

______Single-Core(2e-subcategory)

______Dual-core(2e-subcategory)

______Quad-core(2e-subcategory)

___AMD-Socket-AM3

______Single-Core

______Dual-Core

______Quad-Core

The problem is that in the builder the (1e-subcategory)is the first of selection.

How can i change this, that the first of selection is the (category). On this way it's possible to make an AMD or Intel system

Can someone tell me how to change?

Edited by senatorman

• 3 weeks later...

This is a very great contribution.

If installed and after solving a few bugs, it works fine now.

But there is one thing that works not good for my shop.

My shop has this structure:

Category > 1e-subcategory > 2e-subcategory

Like:

Processors(category)

___Intel-Socket-775(1e-subcategory)

______Single-Core(2e-subcategory)

______Dual-core(2e-subcategory)

______Quad-core(2e-subcategory)

___AMD-Socket-AM3

______Single-Core

______Dual-Core

______Quad-Core

The problem is that in the builder the (1e-subcategory)is the first of selection.

How can i change this, that the first of selection is the (category). On this way it's possible to make an AMD or Intel system

Can someone tell me how to change?

I am having the same problem I have a Processors->Intel & AMD subcategories. I can see either subcategory but not both. When I have just the Processors Category selected, I just see AMD Options & Intel Options but no Product.

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody

I did install thid contribution, it is working well, I just would like to arrange the display a little bit.

I did try different thing but cannot find it.

To have an idea this is the page with the contribution here

I would like to change the categories and put them horizontal.

So it will be like this

Categories1 Categories 2 Categories 3 etc.....

Also i would like to add the button "Add to Basket" in each categorie ( next to the button "info") So once you select a product you can add straight in the basket.

If someone knows where top change this ( compbuild.php ou prduct_list) please let me know.

Thank you

Bastien

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3282

The reason for this release is for firefox

***print preview:

- total price

and add to cart

in the older version, the cart was empty

#################################

###############################################

UPDATE INSTRUCTION FROM version 2.5.5 TO 2.5.6

##############################################################

Just replace /catalog/build/builder2.php

NB: Full Package

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I installed PC Builder 2.5.6. I want to have AMD and Intel systems. If a customer selects an Intel CPU, then only a motheroard that supports that CPU should be available, but it allows any motherboard to be selected. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Bob

Sorry for the double post, as I wanted it here and somehow put it as a new thread.

Hello,

I installed PC Builder 2.5.6. I want to have AMD and Intel systems. If a customer selects an Intel CPU, then only a motheroard that supports that CPU should be available, but it allows any motherboard to be selected. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Bob

Sorry for the double post, as I wanted it here and somehow put it as a new thread.

I finally figured it out. You just click on products next to the dependence category and choose which products go with what.

• 3 weeks later...

I everybody, I'm having some problems with this contribution, som categories don't display my products, other say I need to choose something else first, but i'm not using dependencies, there is one category that asks me to select that category first, more specifically, when I try to choose a motherboard, I get an error message telling me to select the motherboard first, some of the categories work just fine.

Another thing is that my options often get mixed.

And the final problem is that the total is always on 0.00€, never goes up.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

Thanks in advance,

Tiago Mateus.

Is it possible to expand the component list by e.g. putting a "+" sign next to the list for if the customers needs to select a second component from the same category?

e.g. for computers components it will show: screen and next to it (click here) - customer selects e.g. 19" screen and needs to select a secondary screen at 22"

This will really help my shop

Any suggestions or codes please post :thumbsup:

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

• 1 month later...

Hey,

I'm trying to install this contrib.

But I'm having a problem in the admin panel, The dropdown boxes ifor Product category and Assembly Fee Category are empty. There are no options i can select.

Does anyone know what might cause this?

Thanks in advance,

Robin

Hello everybody :-)

I installed 2.5.6 version (clean install, wasn't installed before), great contribution, everything works magnificent, except the fact that altough 'Use Dependance' is set to 'Yes', i can not get Dependencies to work. Although i edit dependencies and save while everything seems woking normaly, there are no dependancies set at all while working with building a pc.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I need to configure this addon with SPPC - Separate pricing per customer

I need to change the catalog builder code to work with this addon

Please if anyone have done this could they post the codes or make an new contribution that includes SPPC

Many thanks

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

• 6 months later...

I have not read this complete post on this but does anyone use this add-on for other products besides computers? I have tried the custom product builder and like some of it but want to control the quantities of the items I am building. I am building custom drum sets. So pick a base drum and then you have a choice of picking the lugs, heads, hoops and claws. If my base drum requires 20 lugs and the inventory is below 20 then it will only show the lugs that are above 20. Is this possible? If anyone is using this add-on without any custom modifications for any other products could you post a link please.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Is there a new update for this. Ours stopped working in Firefox, where you can see the drop down, but can't choose anything. Still seems to work fine in Internet Explorer.

Thanks,

Bob

• 3 months later...

Hi guys one question, i use the the Pc Pro Creator 2.5.6, but i want to expand in width the popup window when we made the selection of products, i already found the length number, but i dont find the width number.. Anyone Knows ?

The other issue is, i have 3 subcategories in Intel menu, and only appear the AMD products where i have only one subcategorie, but the Intel is minimize and i cant open because i have 3 subcategories.. Any solution for this ??

Link Contrib : http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3282

Tks..

• 3 months later...

Hi I need help with step 5 of the install proicedure.

The instructions say to replace this function

function tep_get_category_tree($parent_id = '0', $spacing = '', $exclude = '', $category_tree_array = '', $include_itself = false) {

global $languages_id;

if (!is_array($category_tree_array)) $category_tree_array = array();

if ( (sizeof($category_tree_array) < 1) && ($exclude != '0') ) $category_tree_array[] = array('id' => '0', 'text' => TEXT_TOP);

if ($include_itself) {

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$parent_id . "'");

$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

$category_tree_array[] = array('id' => $parent_id, 'text' => $category['categories_name']);

}

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and c.parent_id = '" . (int)$parent_id . "' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {

if ($exclude != $categories['categories_id']) $category_tree_array[] = array('id' => $categories['categories_id'], 'text' => $spacing . $categories['categories_name']);

$category_tree_array = tep_get_category_tree($categories['categories_id'], $spacing . ' ', $exclude, $category_tree_array);

}

return $category_tree_array;

}

With this one

function tep_get_subcategories(&$subcategories_array, $parent_id = 0) {

$subcategories_query = tep_db_query("select categories_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$parent_id . "'");

while ($subcategories = tep_db_fetch_array($subcategories_query)) {

$subcategories_array[sizeof($subcategories_array)] = $subcategories['categories_id'];

if ($subcategories['categories_id'] != $parent_id) {

tep_get_subcategories($subcategories_array, $subcategories['categories_id']);

}

}

}

Is that correct because I don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks

• 4 years later...

Hello,

i have downloaded the pc creator pro version 2.5.6

now i the issue that i missing in catalog/includes the column_left.php

i'm using

oscommerce:v2.3.3.2

need some help cuz i really want to use this script

unlikely i have made a real lot of changes in my website and don't want to upgrade cuz i really don't know where i changed everything the last 7 years

Edited by pretendor

You do not have a column left, but you do have the boxes as modules, so will need to add your code into something similar to those modules.

As the addon has not been updated for a while, and this support thread has had no comments since Dec 20122, you may have a lot of work to do to convert this addon to something that will work on the latest version. You may be better off posting in the paid for help section and get someone who knows what they are doing to do the work for you, then release an update for this addon.

If you want to learn how to convert this addon so it can be used on the latest version, well done.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP