• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PC Pro Creator

empo

Any news on version 3 yet?

Oh yeah!, I'm finished... just doing some last tests before I let it go. But also, everytime we hit a bump with this one (the old one) I panic.... like RC2a compliancy (a good thing came out of that actually).... and now the pricing issue :huh: . I don't want to release the new one knowing that it's gonna be followed by a stream of patches. On the other hand, I guess I should just bite the bullet and let everyone take a copy, that way we'll nail all the bugs.

I finished the install docs day before yesterday and have already plugged it into RCA2 - 20 minutes tops and without any problems. I was gonna release yesterday but the damned power cuts really pissed me off and I just wasn't in the mood. I still want to test on MS2 and then she can go. Maybe tonight. In fact I'll start that now and maybe release in about two hours from now - give it three for good measure.

I started doing a manual but I really loath going into all that finicky detail, and I can be really nit-picky about that - my own worst enemy I am. So I hope nobody shoots me down for releasing it without instructions. I'll get 'round to it eventually. The best I could do was to remove some of the crypticism from the options. Heck... there's always the forum, and you can bet I'll be scouring that more than often after I release it - I know some people are gonna have a lot of questions.

It's definately releasing as a new contrib - I'll be dropping a post on this forum with the those details.

Good call..

Never underestimate the power of stupid people, especially in groups.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi

thumbnail doesnt work :(

add to cart doesnt work too, mabye i made something wrong

Link here

i have found one mestake, when some product id is not added to table compbuild_dependences using this product next category shows all products from dependence category

for example my processor has id's 19630 this procesor is not added to category dependence because i have not dependented it with another product, when you select this processor you can select many not dependented motherboards

when you add this product to table compbuild_dependences with another product you can see only one dependenced product so than it works ok

Edited by enio

Nice one can't wait any chance for a list of features for version 3.

Thanks... I've jotted down a few but nothing really strikes me. The most important new feature is that it builds single products. Other than that, I've unleashed a set of controls that are gonna make your eyes water.

Here is a list of the features I could say are worth mentioning:

- Single and Bundle mode building

- Customizable front-end and 'behind the scenes' operation

- Independent timed auto disabling & deleting of old builds (after cart/checkout/abandoned builds)

- Stock deduction and replenishing of products (as components)

- Honouring of Specials, No-Stock and Disabled products (as components)

- Prioritize component selections (with optional auto-clearing function)

- Single mode build preview (before going to cart)

- Builds appear in the cart as a single products with attributes

And it's been tested on RC2a

hi

thumbnail doesnt work :(

add to cart doesnt work too, mabye i made something wrong

Link here

Oh wow! :( - we really need those thumbnails to work - I've tried everything I know to get them working - I hope someone with a bit more experience can help us out with this one. Your builder is suffering badly because of the images.

I've just tested the cart function on your site now and it seems to be working fine.

Stop the press... version 3 has been released, but not as version 3.0.0.

It has been released under a new name 'Custom Product Builder' as a brand new version 1.0.0. This is an important correction as this builder never really was strictly for PC's.

You can find the download at: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6328

The new support forum is at: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=319216

i have found one mestake, when some product id is not added to table compbuild_dependences using this product next category shows all products from dependence category

for example my processor has id's 19630 this procesor is not added to category dependence because i have not dependented it with another product, when you select this processor you can select many not dependented motherboards

when you add this product to table compbuild_dependences with another product you can see only one dependenced product so than it works ok

Thanks enio, I have fixed this but still need to test it properly - I will send you a PM when its ready.

Thanks enio, I have fixed this but still need to test it properly - I will send you a PM when its ready.

Hi

i have a new error :)

we can not select for example some products with " in name, many shops have a category disks with name for example

HDD CAVIAR 120GB 2,5" XXXXXXX

this product can not be select because in name is char "

how to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There,

I just installed PC Builder, and checked all changes some times.

I have one problem with the builder.

At the Java-list I have the following texts in front:

[inkl 7% MwSt zzgl. Versandkosten] ','953','0');" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#86A5D2';" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='';">

[inkl 7% MwSt zzgl. Versandkosten]

','954','0');" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#86A5D2';" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='';">

and the items cannot be selected from the list.

What can I do, or where else can be my mistake.

I have some other contributions insalled. E.g. SPPC.

As I use this contribution for an other issue than PC-Building, I have one additional question.

Is it possible to have a minimum qty to order and a MUST to fill in all fields include assembling?

Best regards and thanks in advance

tilli11

• 1 month later...

Bad English too! :blush:

I have this fantastic contribution installed and working fine, but i have a request.

Is it possible to include fields like products_model (products table) in the table of the print.php page?

Thanks in advance, and happy new year!!

• 3 weeks later...

I just got the plug-in installed it is GREAT! love it! but is there a way to make it not show products that are not in stock ? It seems to show ALL products, but i just want it to show products that are in stock any way to do that ?

Thanks for the Help in Advance!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

can none help?

popup window is too small would like it more largely to have. if I width: 450px; height: 500px inserts appears only white everything?

<div style="OVERFLOW: auto; position: absolute;  border: solid 2; background-color: White; z-index: auto;" id=oFrame></div>

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry my english,

I installed the version 2.5.5 full, but when I click add to cart him to get back home and the site, and will not cart.

thanks

I have the same issue

I installed 2.5.5 full and everything works except adding the product to the cart. Everytime I click Add to Cart it just goes to index.php

Can anyone help?

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem,

when clicking [Add to Cart] button it goes to home with the basket empty.

Otherwise, if you press ENTER key it works fine and the items go to the basket.

The problem is the button.

• 4 weeks later...
Same problem,

when clicking [Add to Cart] button it goes to home with the basket empty.

Otherwise, if you press ENTER key it works fine and the items go to the basket.

The problem is the button.

I have exactly the same problem, i.e. after hitting the add-to-cart button, it takes me to my Home page but the shopping cart is empty

• 2 weeks later...

Also bad english ;)

The price of an article is f.e. 42,06 € in the product_info or in shopping_cart page.

But if I call the builder, in the smal window the price is 4206,- €

there is missing the point between the euro and cent.

can someone help me? thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same issue

I installed 2.5.5 full and everything works except adding the product to the cart. Everytime I click Add to Cart it just goes to index.php

Can anyone help?

Ok, sry for my english & here is my add-to-cart problem: <_<

Normaly the creator works fine! But if i have another tab or window with the admin front-end opened (logged in or logged out), the creator don't want to add the products to cart. Can anyone confirm this?

• 1 month later...

It looks like it works one time after that you'll have to close the window and revisit the shop. I found no problem in having other vindows or tabs open. I'm using IE8

Edited by Kennith

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm an Italian user and I installed the contrib.

Gives me an error and I do not know how to do it, when I insert the product, instead of giving the true price to be only the price of fees, in this case 20.

Where there are no taxes, puts a price equal to 0.

Thank you in advance.

This is an example:

http://www.lightpc.net/compbuild.php

• 1 month later...

The product dependencies page tables is all misaligned by a little bit - making it difficult to assign master products to parent products

Would be nice if there were table borders for product text

Using IE8 and Firefox - Firefox worse

Any help to fix this nice addon

Thanks in advance

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

• 2 weeks later...