• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PC Pro Creator

empo

I am no good at the coding but I think what your doing is amazing. Good work and looking forwards to it you deserve a HIGH FIVE in borat terms. Anyway a sugestion:

Dont know how do-able these would be but:

1. Have a option in admin for something like "Builder Layout" then 2 options, 1 for radio buttons like here ( http://www.wired2fire.co.uk/build.php ) and the 2nd option for it to be the layout like it is now.

2. How is the skinning going to be done, atm I have got the look I have now from endless about 4 days of trial and error changing different bits of code adding style="asoda;" whatever till it looks right. If there was some sort of skinning in later version that would be good. Just brain storming.

3. Have all the different parts of the builder with the option to enable / disable. Like just a long list of radio buttons in admin with just Yes or No. For each option like, Product description yes no, Small product image yes no, Product price you know just the more freedom atleast its there.

Anyway good look with it and 10 * for effort and good luck with the future coding.

Thank you!

1. Radio buttons - if not now then definitely in the future. Wired2fire builder is offline right now, but I have been looking around. The way I would implement the radio buttons is to leave the popup list out, so as you select a component category the display beneath it expands to reveal the options (radio/checkbox/etc) - I could make all the options for every component appear on the builder but that would nail the server each time you changed one component - aah, that gives me an idea... watch this space.

2. Skinning - I'm not sure really, but I can tell you that at every opportunity I strip and rearrange code so that it conforms to the standard osc method - so whatever template system you may be using the builder could be modded to conform easily (or as per how the other php files do it). If not that then I'm sure we can look at reintroducing the skinnable feature that this contrib had, just in a better way.

3. Options - the list you see on the demo site is just a list of the options I've added as I've been tearing this thing apart. I want to rearrange this into sections (or block processes) like; global, builder, popup, assembly, product, cart. Whatever... maybe even have an advanced settings page - the laymans one will just have four big on/off switches.... I haven't even got there yet but you can be assured that it's gonna be something different :lol: - why be normal.

Soon.... this week is quite possible. I'm about 90% there.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people, especially in groups.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just 'fixed' the session dropping problem. For those of you who want your visitors to stay logged on/in after they've sent their build to cart - here's the fix:

.. (while fighting with the tep_href_link I discovered this by accident) ..

In /catalog/build/builder2.php

FIND:

if (sact==2){

urltemp+=urltempammount;

form.action=urltemp;

REPLACE WITH:

if (sact==2){

urltemp+=urltempammount+"<?php echo '&osCsid=' . $_GET['osCsid'];?>";

form.action=urltemp;

Done!

Dunno how 'legal' that is but it works!

English:

Hello, I don't speak english very well, sorry. I'm Spanish. I have a problem with this contribution, when I have installed the contribution, in settings, I modify this settings and create it the tables, and appear my first category in the tree options, I update the options with my select categories, and not update it. Appear anotherone my first category, and neither update it my options from use builder, dependence or Assembly Fee. Anything ideas? Very thanks

Español:

Hola, tengo un problema con la contribución, una vez instalada la contribución, cuando voy a la configuración por primera vez, me dice que no existen las tablas, hasta ahí correcto. Modifico los valores de las opciones (si quiero que esté activo, las dependencias, etc...) y le digo que categoria es el procesador, la placa base, la memoria, actualizo y no me guarda los cambios. Siempre me muestra la primera categoria en todos los campos. A que puede ser debido? Muchas gracias de antemano.

English:

Hello, I don't speak english very well, sorry. I'm Spanish. I have a problem with this contribution, when I have installed the contribution, in settings, I modify this settings and create it the tables, and appear my first category in the tree options, I update the options with my select categories, and not update it. Appear anotherone my first category, and neither update it my options from use builder, dependence or Assembly Fee. Anything ideas? Very thanks

Español:

Hola, tengo un problema con la contribución, una vez instalada la contribución, cuando voy a la configuración por primera vez, me dice que no existen las tablas, hasta ahí correcto. Modifico los valores de las opciones (si quiero que esté activo, las dependencias, etc...) y le digo que categoria es el procesador, la placa base, la memoria, actualizo y no me guarda los cambios. Siempre me muestra la primera categoria en todos los campos. A que puede ser debido? Muchas gracias de antemano.

There is only one thing I can think of; are you clicking the 'update' button after changing these categories. If you are clicking the update button and the page refreshes with the old values then there is a problem.

In fact any changes you make on the builder-categories definitions page must be saved by clicking the update button. You can make multiple changes to the form and save them all one time - so you don't have to save each change at a time.

Have you tried it on the demo site? I've posted the links to catalog and to admin in this forum - check back a few pages. You are welcome to test it there.

Hi Tencens, very thanks for your response. Install the contribution in a clean copy of oscommerce without modifying the original database and I have same problem. When I modify the fields in the Settings of Builder, after to create the tables of the database, if I change anything fields and update it does not guard anything change. Also I have tried it installing the contribution in my localhost and in my webpage, and the problem is the same. I have modified the fields manually of the database (combbuild_categories) and if I update any change in the builder it erases the information of the tables and puts the values to 0. Do I believe that the problem this one in the variables that contain the new values, which you believe? Does it design someone? Thank you very much again for your response and your attention.

Hi Tencens, very thanks for your response. Install the contribution in a clean copy of oscommerce without modifying the original database and I have same problem. When I modify the fields in the Settings of Builder, after to create the tables of the database, if I change anything fields and update it does not guard anything change. Also I have tried it installing the contribution in my localhost and in my webpage, and the problem is the same. I have modified the fields manually of the database (combbuild_categories) and if I update any change in the builder it erases the information of the tables and puts the values to 0. Do I believe that the problem this one in the variables that contain the new values, which you believe? Does it design someone? Thank you very much again for your response and your attention.

Hi David,

This is very strange. Which version of builder have you installed? I will try to duplicate the problem on my side.

Hello Mike. The version of the builder that I have installed is 2.5.1, also I have tried the updates 2.5.3 and 2.5.4 with the same result. In local, I have installed Oscommerce 2.2 RC2 with the Apache 2.2.3, php 5.2.0 and MySql 5. In my web in the server, I have installed the same Oscommerce with Apache 2, php 5.2.6 and MySql 5. The register globals is in off in both. My web page is www.cosmicro.es if you want to begin to see it. It you sees to www.cosmicro.es/compbuild.php to see the builder, but in the administration I do not achieve that it works. Do you know some contribution that is incompatible with the builder? I have many contributions installed, though in the clean installation of oscommerce not have anything installed contribution. In addition I believes a new database. Thanks.

Hello Mike. The version of the builder that I have installed is 2.5.1, also I have tried the updates 2.5.3 and 2.5.4 with the same result. In local, I have installed Oscommerce 2.2 RC2 with the Apache 2.2.3, php 5.2.0 and MySql 5. In my web in the server, I have installed the same Oscommerce with Apache 2, php 5.2.6 and MySql 5. The register globals is in off in both. My web page is www.cosmicro.es if you want to begin to see it. It you sees to www.cosmicro.es/compbuild.php to see the builder, but in the administration I do not achieve that it works. Do you know some contribution that is incompatible with the builder? I have many contributions installed, though in the clean installation of oscommerce not have anything installed contribution. In addition I believes a new database. Thanks.

Okay, first big difference is mysql - my local is running 4 and so is my host. :blush: guess I shoulda been keeping with the times. I'll get back to you soon on this problem. And Osc RC2, :huh: , I'll try that too.

I know of no other contributions that are incompatible with this one, my development site has over 150 mods and patches from the osC repository plus a bunch of my own, the PC Builder fits in very nicely - no problems.

The new builder is almost ready and will definitely be available this week so I'll make sure these findings of yours are no problem with it. FYI: The demo site is running the latest (98% complete) version, just admin to finish now.... Click here to go there now!, or to see the admin Click here (un:admin, pw:admin).

Me again... looks like the problem is with RC2a. Seems to be running perfectly on MySql5.

I'll be back....

Here's the fix for this problem:

##### Edit /catalog/admin/compbuild.php

## FIND:

$temp1 = ${editid.$pcount};

$temp2 = ${editoscat.$pcount};

$temp3 = ${editimage.$pcount};

$temp4 = ${newdepcat.$pcount};

## REPLACE WITH:

$temp1 = $_POST{editid.$pcount};

$temp2 = $_POST{editoscat.$pcount};

$temp3 = $_POST{editimage.$pcount};

$temp4 = $_POST{newdepcat.$pcount};

##### Done!

Thanks David, the new builder will release as RC2a compliant - well at least it looks like it is. I like the way RC2 handles the register globals issue - the builder doesn't work with the register globals patch I'm running for MS2, but perfectly in RC2 without any patches.

Hello Mike, you are a machine!!! The categories already work, only a couple of things more. The category of assembly, to insert a new category, to rename or to erase(smear) does not do anything. That you believe that it happens? Thank you very much again Mike.

Hello Mike, you are a machine!!! The categories already work, only a couple of things more. The category of assembly, to insert a new category, to rename or to erase(smear) does not do anything. That you believe that it happens? Thank you very much again Mike.

Hmm, okay, I knew it was too easy. The others are more serious problems, give me a day or two to sort this out. You might also notice that the Matrix Editor doesn't behave properly, but it does its job.

I'll be back (soon maybe).

Hey.. less serious than I thought. I'm not sure how it ever worked in MS2, some rules were taken for granted. Anyway, here's an additional fix for the Builder Options running on RC2a. I have not tested it on MS2 (or others) yet.

##### Edit /catalog/admin/compbuild.php

## FIND:

// update options

$cbcomp_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_BUILDER_OPTIONS);

## REPLACE WITH:

// FIRST GET POSTED VARS - SO THAT WE COMPLY WITH Osc-RC2a

$pc_system_assembly = $_POST['pc_system_assembly'];

$pc_assembly_osccat = $_POST['pc_assembly_osccat'];

$pc_use_dependence = $_POST['pc_use_dependence'];

$pc_use_software = $_POST['pc_use_software'];

$delrow = $_POST['delrow'];

$neworder = $_POST['neworder'];

$newrow = $_POST['newrow'];

$newimage = $_POST['newimage'];

$newoscat = $_POST['newoscat'];

$fromrow = $_POST['fromrow'];

$torow = $_POST['torow'];

// update options

$cbcomp_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_BUILDER_OPTIONS);

## FIND:

<?php echo ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('pc_assembly_osccat', tep_get_category_tree(0, '', '0', '', false));?>

## REPLACE WITH:

<?php echo ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('pc_assembly_osccat', tep_get_category_tree(0, '', '0', '', false), $pc_assembly_osccat);?>

##### Done!

Edited by TENCENTS

Here I go again...

This will fix problems with the Dependence Matrix Editor and RC2a.

##### Edit /catalog/admin/product_depends.php

## FIND:

// GET INCOMING BUILDER CATEGORY IDS AND OSC CATEGORY IDS

$cID_osc = $osccat[$_GET['cID']];

$dID = $pcdcat[$_GET['cID']];

$dID_osc = $osccat[$dID];

## REPLACE WITH:

// GET INCOMING BUILDER CATEGORY IDS AND OSC CATEGORY IDS

$cID = $_GET['cID'];

$cID_osc = $osccat[$cID];

$dID = $pcdcat[$_GET['cID']];

$dID_osc = $osccat[$dID];

$manufacturer = $_GET['manufacturer'];

$d_manufacturer = $_GET['d_manufacturer'];

##### Done!

I hope I've nailed it now.

Sorry my English

Hi, I used your pc builder 2.5.4 with your patch. Perfect and it's working. I have two problem.

1) My web site default price YTL. But Product price changes to USD in pc builder. I want to show with default price (YTL) in pc builder

2) I select all components and click to add to cart button. But it doesn't add to cart.

How can I do?

Sorry my English

Hi, I used your pc builder 2.5.4 with your patch. Perfect and it's working. I have two problem.

1) My web site default price YTL. But Product price changes to USD in pc builder. I want to show with default price (YTL) in pc builder

2) I select all components and click to add to cart button. But it doesn't add to cart.

How can I do?

Hi, your english is fine. Just a few things I need to know before I can help.

1. Are you using Osc 2.2ms2 ?

2. Did you do a fresh install using Builder version 2.5.1 and then all the patches up to 2.5.4 ?

3. Is your site showing the correct default currency on the 'home page' (on first load) ?

4. In the builder (Showing USD) is your site still showing default currency as YTL (in the currencies info box) ?

5. Did you have any version of the builder installed before version 2.3.5 ?

I'm not sure why it isn't adding to cart - do you have any other contribs installed ?

As soon as I get your reply I will try to duplicate the problem to see how to fix it.

Regards

Sorry my English

How can I do?

While I was compiling version 2.5.5 I saw something that reminded me of the problem you're having.

Please make sure that your currencies have the actual currency symbol, i.e. it must not be a currency code like &<something>;

Secondly, make sure all your currencies have a thousands point separator defined, i.e. do not leave it blank.

I hope this helps - otherwise maybe pull it out and install the new version 2.5.5. (complete package)

Hello Mike, forgive me for being late so much in answering, I could not have done anything up to today. Thank you very much for your help, I have add the changes and already it works on having changed the categories. The only thing that continues without doing anything is To rename the categories, to insert new or to erase them. Again thank you very much for your help. A greeting

Hello Mike, forgive me for being late so much in answering, I could not have done anything up to today. Thank you very much for your help, I have add the changes and already it works on having changed the categories. The only thing that continues without doing anything is To rename the categories, to insert new or to erase them. Again thank you very much for your help. A greeting

Hi David. It's a pleasure!!

It sounds like you might have missed something - have you done all three edits I mentioned in posts 586, 589 and 590 - especially 589 which should have fixed the problems you're still having.

I can't think of anything else. You might want to download the version 2.5.5. upgrade which includes all these changes, compare it to what you've got and then get back to me if you still have a problem.

Edited by TENCENTS

thanks for your answers.

Hi, your english is fine. Just a few things I need to know before I can help.

1. Are you using Osc 2.2ms2 ?

2. Did you do a fresh install using Builder version 2.5.1 and then all the patches up to 2.5.4 ?

3. Is your site showing the correct default currency on the 'home page' (on first load) ?

4. In the builder (Showing USD) is your site still showing default currency as YTL (in the currencies info box) ?

5. Did you have any version of the builder installed before version 2.3.5 ?

I'm not sure why it isn't adding to cart - do you have any other contribs installed ?

As soon as I get your reply I will try to duplicate the problem to see how to fix it.

Regards

1. I use Osc 2.2 RC2a

2. Yes I did. I installed builder 2.5.5 now.

3. My site default currency is YTL on the 'home page' (on first load)

4. I am using many code in osc. I think builder is changing products price

For example:

Currency YTL on website;

Product price with tax 56.16 YTL on product page

Product price 37.17 YTL on builder page

If I choose Currency USD on website;

Product price with tax 37.17 USD on product page

Product price 24.60 USD on builder page

5. I used 2.3.3 before version 2.5.4 but I uninstalled and I erased database tables.

I still have two problems :blink:

Edited by erta77

thanks for your answers.

1. I use Osc 2.2 RC2a

2. Yes I did. I installed builder 2.5.5 now.

3. My site default currency is YTL on the 'home page' (on first load)

4. I am using many code in osc. I think builder is changing products price

For example:

Currency YTL on website;

Product price with tax 56.16 YTL on product page

Product price 37.17 YTL on builder page

If I choose Currency USD on website;

Product price with tax 37.17 USD on product page

Product price 24.60 USD on builder page

5. I used 2.3.3 before version 2.5.4 but I uninstalled and I erased database tables.

I still have two problems :blink:

Hi.

Ooops!!!! :blush: I can confirm that there is something wrong, not exactly sure but I know I'll find it.

Sorry I didn't reply yesterday, we had power cuts the whole frickin day.

I'll be back soon with some answers and/or a solution.

Me again...

FYI: I found a small problem on my side but totally unrelated to the builder - mine is working perfectly.

According to my calculations your Tax rate is 51% :blink: - is this correct?

If you edit the product in admin is the price including tax the same as the product info page (front end)?

Something about the tax rates is causing this 'miscalculation' you have reported. Please let me know how many tax rates you have defined, and what those rates are. If you want to you can PM me your admin address (incl. un & pw) - trust me - all I want to see is your rates and your currencies so that I can duplicate them on my side. If you are running on a 'localhost' then rather backup your DB, zip it up, and then PM that to me. Anything you send to me will be strictly confidential and I will destroy all traces of it when we have this problem fixed.

Oh, and while I'm asking questions... you mention you still have two problems - is the second one still the 'add to cart' problem?