osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PC Pro Creator

empo

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does the depencies work in that version?

I am using the dependancies and they seem to be working fine. How to set them up properly is a learning curve but once you know how it all fits together it's quite easy.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people, especially in groups.

Update to V2.3.5 uploaded (again!) - this time the installation instructions have been revised - there were some things missing - and there were some bad things that would have p'd some people off.

If you have already installed V2.3.5 (and the admin fix in the previous update) and have it running then don't bother with this installation - nothing else has changed.

Hi!

I have problem ...

I cant edit PC Pro Creator in admin panel.

Any changes i will try to make and then i'm click save and it says everything is ok Category Processor updated successfully Category Mainboard updated successfully Category Memory updated successfullyetc

but nothing happened ;s

btw i see its Custom PC Creator 2.3 BETA but downloaded 2.3.5 is it okay? ;)

Edited by wawer

Warning: file_get_contents(http://localhost/shop/catalog/build/builder2.php) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\catalog\compbuild.php on line 97

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\catalog\compbuild.php on line 97

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 42

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 28

is there someone here that can help me with this I have no clue why I get this when i start ppc

thanks

Hi drkdragon311,

I dunno if you solved your problem yet but I ran into the same problem as you did. Is your URL correct? Is your PHP.ini settings set to get full URL? Since I can't edit my PHP.ini on my web host, a work around is just to copy and paste the code that's in builder2.php and paste it just after the <head> tag.

Warning: file_get_contents(http://localhost/shop/catalog/build/builder2.php) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\catalog\compbuild.php on line 97

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\catalog\compbuild.php on line 97

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 42

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 28

is there someone here that can help me with this I have no clue why I get this when i start ppc

thanks

Hi!

I have problem ...

I cant edit PC Pro Creator in admin panel.

Any changes i will try to make and then i'm click save and it says everything is ok Category Processor updated successfully Category Mainboard updated successfully Category Memory updated successfullyetc

but nothing happened ;s

btw i see its Custom PC Creator 2.3 BETA but downloaded 2.3.5 is it okay? ;)

Have you defined dependencies for the products as well? Edit (in admin) one of your products and have a look at the end of the page - you'll see something about dependencies. Here you will define which products it (the one you're editing) is dependant on. It eventually grows to a list - it's not pretty, but you'll figure it out. Plans are to dolly this up a bit and make it more user friendly.

PLEASE NOTE: If a product is dependant on all the products in a particular category then you will need to define each one in - it's a beech but I've already been working on it - I will post updates soon to make maintenance a breeze.

I have installed a fresh copy of 2.2 MS2, downloaded the most recent builder 2.3.5 and plugged it in as per the instructions - I haven't done much else. The purpose of this site is for you to see the front-end and the back-end of the builder and to play around with it.

The address is www.finchtech.co.za/demo

The admin side is at www.finchtech.co.za/demo/admin

USERNAME admin

PASSWORD admin

Disclaimer: I accept no responsibility for anything whatsoever. If the S' hits the F' I won't hesitate to shut it down.

FYI: If the site gives trouble, etc.. etc.. just send me a personal mail (or something) - check my profile.

Version 2.4.0 has been posted in the downloads.

The dependency matrix editor is now a reality - and will save loads of time editing your individual product dependencies.

I have updated the demo site so you can have a look - from the admin side goto the BUILDER SETTINGS, click the DEPENDENCIES tab, and then click one of the green PRODUCTS buttons.

NB: Development in progress - more functions and cosmetics on the way - for now it works like a charm.

Enjoy!

Could this brilliant module be used to create other things other than PC, as I would like something were people could build their own cake online.

Cheers

Absolutely!!!

Hi drkdragon311,

I dunno if you solved your problem yet but I ran into the same problem as you did. Is your URL correct? Is your PHP.ini settings set to get full URL? Since I can't edit my PHP.ini on my web host, a work around is just to copy and paste the code that's in builder2.php and paste it just after the <head> tag.

Version 2.4.1 has been posted in the downloads - and it might resolve this little issue of builder2.php (above).

This is another upgrade so make sure you've got 2.4.0 in already. Read the instructions carefully, you can do the quick upgrade or the full upgrade which should take you less than 20 minutes anyway.

Various issues have been sorted out; file handling conventions, the way builder2.php is included (man!!, why did we need all that extra code), version number discrepancy in admin, product edit links in the dependency matrix editor, and last but not least... the dropdown list in the builder frontend has been increased in length - and now you won't have any problem increasing it to whatever you want either. It seemed easy enough in the beginning, but now it actually works.

How easy is it to do.

I'm not the greatest at modding stuff but I know my way around a little

The instructions are very straightforward and 100% correct, so if you follow them to the T then I doubt you'll have any trouble. Make sure you download PC Pro Creator V2.3.5 - use this one! and start there. Then you can follow the upgrade path right up to the latest version.

What you'll need to do then is make some new images that replace the ones in /catalog/build/img.

You will need to change some texts in the language files /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/compbuild.php and product_depends.php, and also in /catalog/includes/languages/english/compbuild.php.

Then you might need to change some texts in the builder program (source) files too - just have a look at what the builder is showing you and then use something like TextPad to search and locate the 'offending' terminology. Just remember to backup - if you crash your system then just go back one step.

The builder is transparent to the products and categories you have in your catalog (database) - in the builder settings in admin you simply point the 'builder category' to the 'oscommerce category' - set the dependancy categories for each one and then define your individual products dependencies with the matrix editor (or in the product edit page - if you wish).

Remember that this 'PC Builder' is not specifically for PC's - it's just an easy way to 'place' this addon - cakes are no different really - you can't have cherries if you don't have the final layer or the icing for that matter. Same as you cannot have an AGP video card if you don't have a motherboard or a motherboard with an AGP slot. The only thing that makes this contrib specific to computer hardware is the terminology - change that and you have a different 'intelligent' products assembler.

Give it a bash, I'm sure you won't have any problems - you're more than welcome to test the theory on the demo site - add some products and play with the builder settings, and the matrix editor too - the matrix editor is what ties everything together at an individual product level, here you tell it that red icing simply isn't a good color match for cherries. A simple important rule to remember is that the products listed down the left side are dependent on those listed across the top (use I.E. and not FF (yet)). By checking any particular box you are telling the builder that the product on the left side will only be made available (shown) when the product on the top has been selected by the visitor. So basically, when you're looking at one of the products on the top, all the checkboxes in that column (looking down) are the products that will be available when it has been selected. It works on multiple category levels too (I haven't tested how many), so if you have a category for toppings (and a bunch of subcats below that) you can point the builder category to it and the rest should fall into place (in the matrix editor and the frontend). If you don't want to charge for assembly then simply remove it using the builder settings in admin - it'll go away.

Good luck with that... shout if you need some help.

i was wondering if anyone can help me here, as im unable to find a tutorial

how do i define it so a product needs to be selected for another "linking" product to become assessible, like the example tencents just given; " as you cannot have an AGP video card if you don't have a motherboard or a motherboard with an AGP slot. "

thanks

Edited by redpin