• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Alternative Checkout System

empo

to issue the sign in coupon and emailing the coupon to the custome for ccgv contribution compatibility

add

// build the message content
     $name = $firstname . ' ' . $lastname;

if (ACCOUNT_GENDER == 'true') {
        if ($gender == 'm') {
          $email_text = sprintf(EMAIL_GREET_MR, $lastname);
        } else {
          $email_text = sprintf(EMAIL_GREET_MS, $lastname);
        }
     } else {
       $email_text = sprintf(EMAIL_GREET_NONE, $firstname);
     }

$email_text .= EMAIL_WELCOME . EMAIL_TEXT . EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_WARNING;

// ICW - CREDIT CLASS CODE BLOCK ADDED  ******************************************************* BEGIN
 if (NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT > 0) {
   $coupon_code = create_coupon_code();
   $insert_query = tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_COUPONS . " (coupon_code, coupon_type, coupon_amount, date_created) values ('" . $coupon_code . "', 'G', '" . NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT . "', now())");
   $insert_id = tep_db_insert_id($insert_query);
   $insert_query = tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_COUPON_EMAIL_TRACK . " (coupon_id, customer_id_sent, sent_firstname, emailed_to, date_sent) values ('" . $insert_id ."', '0', 'Admin', '" . $email_address . "', now() )");

$email_text .= sprintf(EMAIL_GV_INCENTIVE_HEADER, $currencies->format(NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT)) . "\n\n" .
                  sprintf(EMAIL_GV_REDEEM, $coupon_code) . "\n\n" .
                  EMAIL_GV_LINK . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_REDEEM, 'gv_no=' . $coupon_code,'NONSSL', false) .
                  "\n\n";
 }
 if (NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON != '') {
 $coupon_code = NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON;
   $coupon_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_COUPONS . " where coupon_code = '" . $coupon_code . "'");
   $coupon = tep_db_fetch_array($coupon_query);
 $coupon_id = $coupon['coupon_id'];  
   $coupon_desc_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_COUPONS_DESCRIPTION . " where coupon_id = '" . $coupon_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   $coupon_desc = tep_db_fetch_array($coupon_desc_query);
   $insert_query = tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_COUPON_EMAIL_TRACK . " (coupon_id, customer_id_sent, sent_firstname, emailed_to, date_sent) values ('" . $coupon_id ."', '0', 'Admin', '" . $email_address . "', now() )");
   $email_text .= EMAIL_COUPON_INCENTIVE_HEADER .  "\n" .
                  sprintf("%s", $coupon_desc['coupon_description']) ."\n\n" .
                  sprintf(EMAIL_COUPON_REDEEM, $coupon['coupon_code']) . "\n\n" .
                  "\n\n";

}
//    $email_text .= EMAIL_TEXT . EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_WARNING;
// ICW - CREDIT CLASS CODE BLOCK ADDED  ******************************************************* END
     tep_mail($name, $email_address, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

to the checkout_alternative.php after

// restore cart contents
     $cart->restore_contents();

this will send them the coupon and thankyou for creating account email

now i have to figure out how to use coupon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to all-> please go to http://www.procreator.info/shop/ and http://www.procreator.info/shop/admin/ and answers for your questions you will figure out by your self.

about shipping address no it`s not requer till you press button (fixed thanks Sergio Inacio)

about conformation page this page needed for external payment system

about shippments and price this module automaticaly calculate shipment cost depend on module that you use.

about shippments and price this module automaticaly calculate shipment cost depend on module that you use.

yes, I see the modules but I was referring to destinations.

Given that the shipping costs (per shipping method) are presented before you know where the items should be shipped to and the costs never change even after you define where the items need to go, I deduce that shipping costs are the same regardless of destination, shipping next door costs the same as shipping to another country. Correct?

Treasurer MFC

Question 1:

When "Checkout" finish, and I trying to buy anything again, the status with our account is "logged in" to the system...

This is fine, whatever my account is logged in or not, but the checkout procedure will back to the "Basic" one ( the one with 3 or 4 step), not the "Alternative Purchase System", why?

Question 2:

After Checkout, there should have an "Order" which can be shown in Admin Control Panel...but it doesn't~~!! In "Order", it show "0" , but I still can search those "Order ID" at the right top corner "Order ID Search Engine"...., and it's "order" also can found in the SQL table....Why?

Please Help~! Thank you!

1) because customer dont need to type private data once more time

2) on oscommerce ms2 all work properly for other version or mods i cant be sure

about shipping cost can someone tell about what shipment module you are talking and example will be good also...

I made this contribution 95% flexible for any default shipment modules and other contribution but there still 5%. So nobody cant be perfect.

About please help and etc... we all grown people so please dont disturb me by email or icq for change this contribution for you. If you need help hire some good programmer and he will make this contribution perfect for your needs.

But if you find bug or any advice that will approve this contribution

you always welcome to send me email or post it here in this topic

About contribution tomorow i will add new one with couple fixes.

Hi empo,

You asked about bugs:

Not sure what happened to the test order I placed. I see it created a customer record but no order (it should have been COD). Customer was 'ssssssssss' maybe more or less s's. WHen in admin you go into this customer account and look up the orders you get mysql error 1064.

I also wondered where the shipping quotes come from - I would use zones so the shipping should depend on destination.

Thanks

David

Edited by radders

1) because customer dont need to type private data once more time

2) on oscommerce ms2 all work properly for other version or mods i cant be sure

about shipping cost can someone tell about what shipment module you are talking and example will be good also...

I made this contribution 95% flexible for any default shipment modules and other contribution but there still 5%. So nobody cant be perfect.

About please help and etc... we all grown people so please dont disturb me by email or icq for change this contribution for you. If you need help hire some good programmer and he will make this contribution perfect for your needs.

But if you find bug or any advice that will approve this contribution

you always welcome to send me email or post it here in this topic

About contribution tomorow i will add new one with couple fixes.

well, I am not sure if can explain my question more clearly given my limited english.

What I mean is that when you enter the page, the shipping costs for flat rate and table rate are already defined, $5.00 and $8.50.

But at that time you have no idea what my shipping address is. When I enter my shipping address, no page reload is done so no change in those costs occur whether I enter China or UK.

Therefore my question: regardless of shipping method, does this contribution support cost differences per method per destination. Meaning, is flat rate shipping cost always $5.00 or is it intended to change depending on the shipping destination ?

example :

Flat rate for 1 kg to France = $20

Flat rate for 1 kg to Brazil = $30

Treasurer MFC

While I like the abbreviated checkout, there's a couple of things I don't like about the way this is implemented, and I think it could be improved upon.

1.) Kinda hard to get real time UPS and USPS quotes without having the address first. Having to refresh the page essentially adds another page to the checkout.

2.) The details page is WAY too long. I think this would scare customers away more than the long checkout does.

3.) In almost every major shopping cart out there ,they ask for your 'shipping address' first, and then you have a way to indicate if the billing address is different than the shipping address. Your solution seems to have it backwards.

I've given it a great deal of thought, and I have a few ideas on how to make solve some of these problem with your checkout process.

1.) Move the 'Billing Address' to the 'shopping cart' page, and change it to 'Shipping Address. This solves the problem of getting the shipping quotes, becuase they won't show up until the next page. This also removes quite a bit of clutter form the main checkout page. Provide a link at the top of the form to direct customers to the login screen.

2.) On the alternative checkout page, put the button back in the payment method selection to chagne the payment address, if needed. We can assume by default that it is the same as the shipping address, but they can change it on this page if they need to.

3.) Take the product image out of the shopping cart sumary, in order to 'condense' this section, and make this page a little less lengthy.

4.) Move the 'comments' section of this page to the checkout confirmation page. It's usually the confirmation page that peoplethink to add a comment anyways.

There's also the whole problem of returning customers not hitting the 'click here if you have purchased from us before'. They fill in all their details (for a second time), and then they get an error saying that they already have an account, and are redirected to a login page where they have to remember and old password. While most of your customers are always going to be new, success of your business depends on return customers, and we should consider making it a little easier on them. If they fill in their details accidentally a second time, we shouldn't give them an error message. We can easily allow them to go ahead and purchase with the new address they provided.

Here are some other usefull ideas you might look over in consideration of your new checkout process.

http://wizardsandwars-oscommerce.blogspot....kouts-suck.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Hi,

This is an great contribution and i enjoy it.

But i have an question.

I have also installed Seperate Pricing Per Customer

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...parate_price_41

I was wondering if there was an way to fix sow that the customer_group_id could be getting in checkout_alternative too.

I have tried to include it in many different ways but have manage to figure it out.

Was hoping someone here can help me with it.

The reason that i want this is because when i have two sites and two diffirent customer groups.

And the shipping and payment if diffirent for them both.

I now how to make the page for the customer_group all the way but not the checkout_alternative php file.

hope somebody can help me

Regards

Thomas

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I love this great contribution but I think it's a bug.

When a costumer sign in and checkout everything work. If the costumer return and try to login with the same E-mail and password, the contribution don't accept the user. Why?

Thanks!

I have now changed the code sow that the returning customers go straight to checkout alternative. But there i get an problem.

This is the message i get : Error: Doens't find the email address and/or the password

Does anybody now the answer for this?

And is there somebody that nows how i can take away the shipping address question on checkout alternative when you press confirm order, just lik the test shop on www.procreator.info

Hope somebody can help me fast.

Regards

-Thomas-

I have now changed the code sow that the returning customers go straight to checkout alternative. But there i get an problem.

This is the message i get : Error: Doens't find the email address and/or the password

Does anybody now the answer for this?

And is there somebody that nows how i can take away the shipping address question on checkout alternative when you press confirm order, just lik the test shop on www.procreator.info

Hope somebody can help me fast.

Regards

-Thomas-

The alternative Chekout system is only for NEW coustumers. The system creats a new account and can not be used for returning costumers. It has no "log-in" function. If anybody can solve this problem it would be realy gr8!

/mumme

The alternative Chekout system is only for NEW coustumers. The system creats a new account and can not be used for returning costumers. It has no "log-in" function. If anybody can solve this problem it would be realy gr8!

/mumme

Do you now of any contribution that we can use to manage this? And if there is possible to skip the registration with password and the account?

Dont need it just need an one checkout.

Regards

-Thomas-

Do you now of any contribution that we can use to manage this? And if there is possible to skip the registration with password and the account?

Dont need it just need an one checkout.

Regards

-Thomas-

Oscommerce biggest problem is the long checkout problem.

There is many topics about this hera at the Osc forum. I think this alternativ chekout process is the best system so far.

The biggest problem is that it only works on New Coustmers, when they have created an account the must use the normal chekout procces

If you dont want to use password or account, you can use Prurschase Without Account contr. (pwa) you can find it here

or you can use the Guest Account contr. You can find it here

Please tell me if you managede to get PWA or Guest Account work togheter with this contr. ( i didn't)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

i`ve installed this plugin and it looks pretty good. but i have the problem, that my customers can`t choose what kind of shipping method they`d like. what did i make wrong? does anybody has an idea. thanks for every kind of hint...

link to the shop: http://shop.dubplates.ch/checkout_alternative.php

Edited by stefano3000

• 4 months later...
to all-> please go to http://www.procreator.info/shop/ and http://www.procreator.info/shop/admin/ and answers for your questions you will figure out by your self.

about shipping address no it`s not requer till you press button (fixed thanks Sergio Inacio)

about conformation page this page needed for external payment system

thanks fot this great contrib, i trying linking to the site and it's broken

how can i get it again

thanks a lot

• 4 months later...

1 I found out when you use paypal ipn, the checkout_alternative.php does not set a new order to confirm by paypal (the set order is normaly done in the checkout_payment.php

Is there someone who can fix this bug?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
wildboy156: website dead (no free time to support it)

Doesn't look like this contribution is still being managed but I'll give this a shot. I inherited a site that had V2 of this mod installed and noticed a few things, one of which I have still yet to figure out.

1. in /checkout_alternative.php - added code for "Existing customers can login HERE"

Just above this code:

<tr>
<td class="main"><b><?php echo TITLE_PAYMENT_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
<td class="inputRequirement" align="right"><?php echo FORM_REQUIRED_INFORMATION; ?></td>
</tr>

Paste this:

<tr>
<td class="main">Existing customers can login <strong><a href="https://www.mysite.com/login.php" style="color:#CC0000">HERE</a>.</strong></td>
</tr>

2. /includes/languages/english/checkout_alternative.php seems to be corrupt and many of the 'define' functions have jumbled text. Also, I suppose the above code could be added to the:

define('TEXT_GREETING', 'code from above here');

as an alternative, provided the 'greeting' is called somewhere in the main /checkout_alternative.php (I haven't tried this)

3. in /checkout_alternative.php added the newsletter subscribe option "checked" by default.

Just below this code:

<tr>
<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_PASSWORD_CONFIRMATION; ?></td>
<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_password_field('confirmation') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_PASSWORD_CONFIRMATION_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_PASSWORD_CONFIRMATION_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
</tr>

Paste this:

<tr>
<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_NEWSLETTER; ?></td>
<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('newsletter', '1',true,'checked') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_NEWSLETTER_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_NEWSLETTER_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
</tr>

Otherwise, new accounts do not update the database with 0 for unsubscribed or 1 for subscribed which can be a problem if you use the newsletter manager and other newsletter mods. Without this code, the database newsletter field is just left blank. (Leave this out if you don't ever use or plan to use the newsletter function of OSC.)

4. Finally, I found a problem where if the credit card expiration date is expired, it does not return an error when submitted like it does when existing customers use the /checkout_payment.php. For example I can still process an order even if the expiration date is left default at January 2008. I have compared code between checkout_alternative.php and checkout_payment.php but just haven't put my finger on it as of yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ok, I figured out where the flaw was. The checkout_alternative.php submit function was set to go to checkout_success.php instead of checkout_confirmation.php. The cc expiration date is checked via code in the latter and not in the other. This makes sense anyway because you wouldn't want the error to be displayed on the success page for obvious reasons and you wouldn't want the error to display on the submitting page 'checkout_alternative.php' either because this page also creates the new account which has already been submitted and the shopper should now be logged in.

Hi All,

I got this contribution working but i'm having a couple of issues. When a customer clicks on checkout the width of my site changes and the white background to the body of my site is missing?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Lee

See this link http://www.myprintuk.com/checkout_alternative.php

Edited by Lee Cottrell

• 4 weeks later...
Hi All,

I got this contribution working but i'm having a couple of issues. When a customer clicks on checkout the width of my site changes and the white background to the body of my site is missing?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Lee

See this link http://www.myprintuk.com/checkout_alternative.php

It looks good now.

I tried this contribution and had some issues when I tried to change the ship to address and the login for existing customers.

How did you change things to get it working ?

Chris