• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Shop - Looking For Your Comments

I just finished putting a new site together. My last one was a bit confusing for the customer so I tried to employ the K.I.S.S. method in this one.

How does everything flow for you?

Any suggestions for improvement?

Thank you to the developers. This is by far the best shopping cart system available. (including most that you have to pay big bucks for!) Congrats.

My Shop

Initial response:

"A" for effort - with a big BUT...

The font choice for breadcrumb and header graphic "buttons" - not so good.

Box placment all at bottom.... not so good, nor is the inconsistency in sizing. Maybe make the color of the entire bottom area consistent and use some heading graphics to seperate the columns (boxes) in order to make the boxe placemtn work for you....

Mainpage picture - the 3 girls - i'd like the phone number of the one in middle please.

Best of luck with your shop.

I will fix all of those. I was not happy with the fonts either. Stylesheets not being my strong suit, I kind of put that off until last. I'll also make boxes all one size.

Thanks for your input.

Best,

Dave

I agree with everything Kevin said. Very good job, couple of changes and your site will be perfect as far as I can see. Only thing I would add is to change the link colors. That blue just doesn't fit the site.

Good job and good luck with the store. =)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I changed the fonts and colors for the info boxes. Still working on sizing.

Were you able to get through the order process without any confusion?

Well done, I got through the order process easily, although I did not notice the "I am a new customer" right away.

I would have to agree with all comments above and add one more. Your hover style on links bolds the text, it changes other parts of the site around the text and I think it looks messy. I would suggest changing the colour of the link instead of bolding.

Matt Peace

I love the look of your site. Its nice to see something different. I wish i could do something like that.

My only real complaint is the different sizes of your boxes in the information pages. For some reason you have also used a different colour on the about us page, which is not used on the others.

You know about the small and unredable text sizes so i shallnt comment on that too much.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Which text is showing up small for you? Mine isn't showing up that way....

Am working on the boxes to keep them uniform.....

LOL

Second comment on the models....

I am trying to find bugs and quirks in the shop, not talk about the photos.

How does the store work?

'Serious' being the operative word.....

I am looking for ways to increase conversion.

I am high in Google for the relevant terms. Top 10 on most items.

Still trying on 'purses'. But that will come.

Archived