• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate SEO Breaks Buy Now Button

lilape

Dear Friends,

I hope someone out there can help :)

I've installed Ultimate SEO on my site (http://www.vedicbooks.net).

All seems to work fine except the 'buy now' button on the catagory listing page does not work. It goes to a blank cart as for some reason the session ID gets lost along the way.

I wonder if theres anyone out there who has had this problem and can send me the easy fix please.

Otherwise all seems to work fine with Ultimate SEO.

Thanking all osCommercers,

Martin :-)

got the exact same problem. hmmm. ill have a look at it but surely this has come up before. anyone?

try version 2.0b, it is the last stable release on this site. the 2.1 to 2.1c versions are not production ready, and new releases are not going to be released here due to licensing conflicts(among other things). So your best bet is to go w/ 2.0b Hope this helps.

edit: also make sure your cookie settings in configure.php are set up correctly, that could also be causeing the issue.

Edited by jonyo

Actually I found 2.1c to be pretty stable. I've not had any problems with the Buy Now buttons on either of those releases. The cookie domains should be listed as ".storedomain.com" (don't forget the "." in front.

David

Edited by 241

Actually I found 2.1c to be pretty stable.  I've not had any problems with the Buy Now buttons on either of those releases.  The cookie domains should be listed as ".storedomain.com" (don't forget the "." in front.

David

As I said, the 2.1x releases on this site are not stable, and sadly a stable one won't be released (aka 2.1d) due to the licensing rules for contributions on this site. Read about why it won't be released on this announcement: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=635175

the 2.1c is considered by the author Bobby to not be a production release, due to a few bugs that version D clear up. It has to do with redirecting when you are on a server that runs php in CGI mode. See why I didn't go into details? Most store owners don't know what the heck CGI mode is, much less whether their server is running in cgi mode or not. They just know that 2.1 breaks their site. So, I recomend 2.0B over 2.1C because 2.0b has none of the bugs that 2.1c has.

All that being said, follow DavidR's suggestion about cookies. It turned out that Martin's main problem had to do with the cookies, so if your problems are the same it probably has to do with cookie settings too.

Edited by 241

All things considered (i.e. the "mess"), you are probably right.  It's a shame but I will bite my tongue now :(

Yes I am having to bite my tongue as well, theres no use in posting something that is helpful if it breaks the forum rules and gets the post deleted...