• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Index.php

Hi,

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I'm new to all this.

I'm trying to edit index.php. I managed to copy it into notepad and edit it, but when I tried to upload it I got this error:

Error: I can not write to this directory. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/gforcei/public_html/nor-tech/store//includes/languages/english

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cheers,

G

This page is full of advice from the blind to the blind. If you don't know the correct answer then please do not offer advice. Like this post:

Yes, that will remove the text from the homepage (by removing all content from the homepage) - along with the 'Welcome' text and 'Login' and 'Create Account' also the 'New Products For' feature and a whole host of other things that are tied into it.

The problems that people have had with TEXT_MAIN in includes/languages/english.php are due to two roblems:

1. They have been using the osCommerce File Manager to edit files. This uses a php command called 'stripslashes', and it does just that and strips essential backslashes from in front of apostrophies in text resulting in parse errors e.g.

Let's = parse error

Let\'s = no parse error

2. Once you've used the osCommerce File Manager to edit a file and you get an error message - then even if you resolve that one error you'll probably get more error messages, one after the other. Only the first error message is reported at any one time.

Follow the link entitled "Psst?? Got a parse error??" below my name for the correct way to edit files in osCommerce.

Vger

Kickass! Thanks Vger!

I had the problem of "can't" changed to "can\'t" all fixed!

www.mixxy.com

• 2 months later...
This page is full of advice from the blind to the blind. If you don't know the correct answer then please do not offer advice. Like this post:

Yes, that will remove the text from the homepage (by removing all content from the homepage) - along with the 'Welcome' text and 'Login' and 'Create Account' also the 'New Products For' feature and a whole host of other things that are tied into it.

The problems that people have had with TEXT_MAIN in includes/languages/english.php are due to two roblems:

1. They have been using the osCommerce File Manager to edit files. This uses a php command called 'stripslashes', and it does just that and strips essential backslashes from in front of apostrophies in text resulting in parse errors e.g.

Let's = parse error

Let\'s = no parse error

2. Once you've used the osCommerce File Manager to edit a file and you get an error message - then even if you resolve that one error you'll probably get more error messages, one after the other. Only the first error message is reported at any one time.

Follow the link entitled "Psst?? Got a parse error??" below my name for the correct way to edit files in osCommerce.

Vger

THANKS Vger for this heads up about the osC File Manager and the how-to.

Pete Schulte

Archived