• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sure hope someone knows the answer

Before he was banned, he told me the solution was to 'install the script' I am not sure what he meant as I installed everything that was in this version:

1 Feb 2005 - Ultimate SEO URLs v2.0

Here is the problem. If you click thru my store the urls work properly. As in the product name is added to the URL.

My Webpage

But if you access the old URL like this one:

myknifestore.net/product_info.php?products_id=244

It does not change. You can hit refresh all you want and you are not redirected to the new SEO URL. Once you click somewhere else in the store they start working properly. So what I am seeing is search engines still spidering the original URLs and not the new ones. Please somebody let me know where the problem is. What script did I not install or install wrong? Right now the changes I have made are not affecting search engines at all, only human visitors.

Thanks,

Tim

Before he was banned, he told me the solution was to 'install the script' I am not sure what he meant as I installed everything that was in this version:

1 Feb 2005 - Ultimate SEO URLs v2.0

Here is the problem. If you click thru my store the urls work properly. As in the product name is added to the URL.

My Webpage

But if you access the old URL like this one:

It does not change. You can hit refresh all you want and you are not redirected to the new SEO URL. Once you click somewhere else in the store they start working properly. So what I am seeing is search engines still spidering the original URLs and not the new ones. Please somebody let me know where the problem is. What script did I not install or install wrong? Right now the changes I have made are not affecting search engines at all, only human visitors.

Thanks,

Tim

That is the way it works, if you want it to redirect you also have to install the redirect script named: 18 Feb 2005 - Redirect Old URLs - 301 headers [bETA-3]

or change to the new 2.1 where the redirect is integrated.

That is the way it works, if you want it to redirect you also have to install the redirect script named: 18 Feb 2005 - Redirect Old URLs - 301 headers [bETA-3]

or change to the new 2.1 where the redirect is integrated.

Thanks! I had no idea it did not redirect already. I thought that was the whole purpose of the mod from the start. I have already looked at the new 2.1, but when I click the install html file I get a blank page. I will probably install the script and if I ever get to see the install page for 2.1 I will uninstall all the old mod and use it instead.

Thanks again, I am off to get the script.

Tim