• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I use this code

ь=>io,я=>ia,а=>a,о=>o,ж=>j,г=>g,т=>t,н=>n,в=>v,м=>m,ч=>ch,у=>u,е=>e,и=>i,ш=>sh,щ=>sht,

к=>k,с=>s,д=>d,з=>z,ц=>c,б=>b,л=>l,р=>r,п=>p,х=>h,ф=>f,ъ=>a,й=>io,ю=>iu,Ь=>IO,Я=>IA,

А=>A,О=>O,Ж=>J,Г=>G,Т=>T,Н=>N,В=>V,М=>M,Ч=>CH,У=>U,Е=>E,И=>I,Ш=>SH,Щ=>SHT,К=>K,

С=>S,Д=>D,З=>Z,Ц=>C,Б=>B,Л=>L,Р=>R,П=>P,Х=>H,Ф=>F,Ъ=>A,Й=>IO,Ю=>IU

Paradisebg,

Just so I'm clear, you have entered these code into the configuration, right?

When you set "Enable SEO URLs?" to true, do any of the characters convert?

If not, have you tried using single quotes around the characters, like this:

'ь'=>'io', 'я'=>'ia', 'а'=>'a', 'о'=>'o', 'ж'=>'j', 'г'=>'g', 'т'=>'t', 'н'=>'n', 'в'=>'v', 'м'=>'m', 'ч'=>'ch', 'у'=>'u', 'е'=>'e', 'и'=>'i', 'ш'=>'sh', 'щ'=>'sht', 'к'=>'k', 'с'=>'s', 'д'=>'d', 'з'=>'z', 'ц'=>'c', 'б'=>'b', 'л'=>'l', 'р'=>'r', 'п'=>'p', 'х'=>'h', 'ф'=>'f', 'ъ'=>'a', 'й'=>'io', 'ю'=>'iu', 'Ь'=>'IO', 'Я'=>'IA', 'А'=>'A', 'О'=>'O', 'Ж'=>'J', 'Г'=>'G', 'Т'=>'T', 'Н'=>'N', 'В'=>'V', 'М'=>'M', 'Ч'=>'CH', 'У'=>'U', 'Е'=>'E', 'И'=>'I', 'Ш'=>'SH', 'Щ'=>'SHT', 'К'=>'K', 'С'=>'S', 'Д'=>'D', 'З'=>'Z', 'Ц'=>'C', 'Б'=>'B', 'Л'=>'L', 'Р'=>'R', 'П'=>'P', 'Х'=>'H', 'Ф'=>'F', 'Ъ'=>'A', 'Й'=>'IO', 'Ю'=>'IU'

-Skittles

What exactly does 'automatic redirects' do?

Rob

Hi,

I am not exactly sure what it does do - I hope someone could tell us both?!

And I'm intested to know why the manufacturers drop down list works with 'Automatic redirects' switched off but not with it switched on? What are we missing out on by turning it off?

Thanks

Becki

Becki,

When you say 'Automatic redirects', are you referring to the configuration option "Enable SEO URLs"?

I think some of us are a bit confused by your terminology. :unsure:

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question about the manufacturer drop-down list. Perhaps some one else has some idea...

-Skittles

[/indent]

Paradisebg,

Just so I'm clear, you have entered these code into the configuration, right?

When you set "Enable SEO URLs?" to true, do any of the characters convert?

If not, have you tried using single quotes around the characters, like this:

-Skittles

I use this in Admin => Configuration => SEO URLs => Enter special character conversions

some of characters is convert but not all. Therefore I want to increase characters.

Hi,

I am not exactly sure what it does do - I hope someone could tell us both?!

And I'm intested to know why the manufacturers drop down list works with 'Automatic redirects' switched off but not with it switched on? What are we missing out on by turning it off?

Thanks

Becki

Becki,

When you say 'Automatic redirects', are you referring to the configuration option "Enable SEO URLs"?

I think some of us are a bit confused by your terminology. :unsure:

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question about the manufacturer drop-down list. Perhaps some one else has some idea...

-Skittles

Hi,

I mean the setting in the admin panel 'Enable Automatic Redirects' under the SEO URLS's in configuration - when I have this enabled if I select a manufacturer from the drop down box it doesn't go anywhere - i mean it stays on the index page. When this is switched to 'false' the drop down box links work.

In the admin it has this text for the 'enable automatic redirects':

This will activate the automatic redirect code and send 301 headers for old to new URLs.

I found this solution of setting the redirects to false in a previous reply in the thread - but don't know the reasoning behind this problem.

Thanks

Becki

Hi Chemo,

first of all i have to say Thank You for this great contribution. It works fine and was easy to install.

But now i want to modificate it a little bit. I want to have the manufacturers name in the url additional to the product name.

(e.g. www.mydomain.com/manufacturer-produkt-p-101.html)

I know this must be possible when i put the manufacturers-id to the link parameters in the product-listing.php

(something like this tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, '$listing[manufacturers_id].$listing[products_id]'....

But i dont know how to modify the seo_class.php

Can you give me a short hint how to manage this. Or is it possible that my thoughts are completly wrong and it must be handled in a complete different way?

greetings from germany

where can i find a list of changed to admin/categories.php? so that i can maunally enter them. using a compare programe just isn't working for me right now.

Unless someone here would be kind enough to do it if sent them my categories.php

Bah it does have an effect on the affiliate system, I cant checkout the products now.

Instead I get:

0 -

insert into affiliate_sales (affiliate_id, affiliate_date, affiliate_browser, affiliate_ipaddress, affiliate_value, affiliate_payment, affiliate_orders_id, affiliate_clickthroughs_id, affiliate_percent, affiliate_salesman) values ('5', '2007-02-13 17:37:53', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1', '213.89.67.67', '18.69', '0.37', '0', '0', '02.0000', '5')

[TEP STOP]

Bah it does have an effect on the affiliate system, I cant checkout the products now.

Instead I get:

0 -

insert into affiliate_sales (affiliate_id, affiliate_date, affiliate_browser, affiliate_ipaddress, affiliate_value, affiliate_payment, affiliate_orders_id, affiliate_clickthroughs_id, affiliate_percent, affiliate_salesman) values ('5', '2007-02-13 17:37:53', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1', '213.89.67.67', '18.69', '0.37', '0', '0', '02.0000', '5')

[TEP STOP]

Dennis_gull,

I don't know if this is the issue, but there have been several posts from people who installed this contribution with Update 060817 and then had problems. Their problems centered around numbers which were auto-imcrement in the tables, order_id, customer_id etc. Looking at the sql above, it shows 0 as the affiliate_orders_id.

Apparently Update 060817 is buggy! :'(

It may not be the same issue, but if you are using Update 060817, it might be worth your time to setup a test site with Update 051113 and see if the problem persists. If not, you can do like these other shop owners and run your shop on Update 051113 instead.

Just a thought.

-Skittles

where can i find a list of changed to admin/categories.php? so that i can maunally enter them. using a compare programe just isn't working for me right now.

Unless someone here would be kind enough to do it if sent them my categories.php

c-m,

This is such an issue, I have decided to spend an hour or two and create a file with the changes to categories.php. I'll post it here when I get done. May be later today. May be tomorrow. No guarantees.

-Skittles

c-m,

This is such an issue, I have decided to spend an hour or two and create a file with the changes to categories.php. I'll post it here when I get done. May be later today. May be tomorrow. No guarantees.

-Skittles

It would be great to hold of that file.

Why when u stop SIDs from teh admin panel the ystill show up just after the 1st click and then they dissapear and show as it has to be with Ultimate SEO URLs... please help out as im not very familiar with php..

thank you ,

jangozo

c-m,

-Skittles

Okay. Here it is.

This file details the changes to an un-modified categories.php file. Consider it a starting point.

If the snippet of code you are replacing has already been modified, you will need to merge the two changes.

This document is presented "as is." Use at your own risk. Be sure and backup your categories.php file before starting any changes.

Good luck!

-Skittles

ultimate_seo_urls_changes_to_categories.php.txt

Question about the "Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)?" feature. What exactly does it do?

I have a conflict with it and was wondering what changes when I turn it off.

Thanks.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.

Therefore, all progress depends upon the unreasonable man."

-- George Bernard Shaw

Why when u stop SIDs from teh admin panel the ystill show up just after the 1st click and then they dissapear and show as it has to be with Ultimate SEO URLs... please help out as im not very familiar with php..

thank you ,

jangozo

jangozo,

The behavior you're seeing is normal, and doesn't need to be 'fixed.'

Session IDs are necessary for the proper operation of the cart. If cookies are disabled in a visitor's browser, the session id will be appended to every URL they visit. You can force cookies, but then you take the risk of a wary visitor choosing to go elsewhere.

Even with cookies enabled, the session id needs to be generated before it can be placed in the cookie. This is what you are seeing.

You really don't need to worry about it. The average shopper won't even notice. Geeks may notice, but most of them know what it is and aren't put off by it.

And if you have "Prevent Spider Sessions" set to true in Admin Configuration->Sessions, the search engines shouldn't be seeing them either.

Hope this helps.

-Skittles

thank you thank you thank you

I haven`t noticed this spider sessions stuff eventho i readed its all options like 10 times today hahaha

Thank you again very much it all was about engines... users never look at this too much i believe/hope

at last its fixed and google will proove in 2 weeks i hope...

thank yyou again!

I love this contrib, but I'm having problems with duplicate pages on search engines everytime I change the product name. I like the categories names in the url because they don't change often, but how would I modify this contrib if I wanted to have all of my products pages names "gift-pXXX.html" where XXX is the product # instead of the "products-name.pXXX.html" as it does currently? Can it be done?

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

I love this contrib, but I'm having problems with duplicate pages on search engines everytime I change the product name. I like the categories names in the url because they don't change often, but how would I modify this contrib if I wanted to have all of my products pages names "gift-pXXX.html" where XXX is the product # instead of the "products-name.pXXX.html" as it does currently? Can it be done?

homewetbar,

I was just looking over the code in seo.class.php this morning for another purpose, so I think I may have the answer to your question. I haven't tested this, though, it's just an educated guess.

Back up the file first, then open [catalog/]includes/classes/seo.class.php.

Around line 788, in function parse_parameters(), find this code:

case ( $page == FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO && !$this->is_attribute_string($p2[1]) ):
	$url = $this->make_url($page, $this->get_product_name($p2[1]), $p2[0], $p2[1], '.html', $separator);
	break;

and change it to:

case ( $page == FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO && !$this->is_attribute_string($p2[1]) ):
	$url = $this->make_url($page, '', $p2[0], $p2[1], '.html', $separator);
	break;

and on line 543, change this:

$this->reg_anchors = array('products_id' => '-p-',

to this:

$this->reg_anchors = array('products_id' => '-p',

Also go into your .htaccess file and change the corresponding rewrite entry to support the change, or I guarantee it won't work.

Hopefully that will be it. But there could be some other places where code needs to be modified.

As with any mod, if it doesn't work, go back to the saved copy of the file.

Good luck,

-Skittles

P.S. I am assuming the 'gift' in your example above, is the category name. To get gift-pxxx.html where gift is the category, you would need the option "Add category parent to begining of URLs?" set to true. -ac

Edited by Skittles

Okay. Here it is.

This file details the changes to an un-modified categories.php file. Consider it a starting point.

If the snippet of code you are replacing has already been modified, you will need to merge the two changes.

This document is presented "as is." Use at your own risk. Be sure and backup your categories.php file before starting any changes.

Good luck!

-Skittles

I can't download that file you posted, the forums tell me I don't have permission

I can't download that file you posted, the forums tell me I don't have permission

c-m,

I've noticed that message a lot lately, ever since they were down for maintenance. The board use to 'remember' me, and I never had to log in. Now I find myself needing to log in (again!) nearly every time I want to post a reply!

It took me a while to realize it, but under that error message is a log in box.

I tested it, and when I really wasn't logged in, I couldn't download the attachment either. But as soon as I logged in from the error page, the file was downloaded (and opened in my text editor. No opportunity to 'save as'.)

So all I can say is, try again. If you can't download it even when you're logged in, PM me your email address and I'll email it to you.

-Skittles

P.S. I noticed the board seems rather sluggish today, too... Sure hope it's temporary!

Hi,

just curious..

Why do "W3C valid URLs" have to be UTF8 encoded?

Is it in the specs?

mikeman

mikeman,

I have no idea. I'll bet Chemo knows, but he hasn't been around for quite some time. Apparently he and the forum owner(s) had a disagreement they couldn't work out, because Chemo has been banned. It was before my time, and I never heard why. A shame, too, as it would be nice to get contribution support from the developer.

If you're feeling adventurous, B) you could bypass the encode call and use the string as is. If it messes thing up, you can put it back. If you do, let us know what effect it had. I'm sure there are a lot of curious folks following this thread who would like to know. Including me.

-Skittles

mikeman,

I have no idea. I'll bet Chemo knows, but he hasn't been around for quite some time. Apparently he and the forum owner(s) had a disagreement they couldn't work out, because Chemo has been banned. It was before my time, and I never heard why. A shame, too, as it would be nice to get contribution support from the developer.

If you're feeling adventurous, B) you could bypass the encode call and use the string as is. If it messes thing up, you can put it back. If you do, let us know what effect it had. I'm sure there are a lot of curious folks following this thread who would like to know. Including me.

-Skittles

Thanks for the reply.

I'll give it a try and let U now.

mikeman

Hi there!

I installed recently the SEO contribution but having some problems with it.

Since our shop is located in a german speaking country we use a lot of so called "umlaute" (in html it would be the character ü or ä or ö (ä,ö,ü).

So the thing is that products with e.g ü (which would be ü) are displayed as followed:

bücher-c-27.htm instead of bücher-c-27.html (or alternative would be bucher-c-27.hmtl)

how can I solve this problem?

Thanks for help¨!

Andreas

There's an option in the SEO admin section called "Enter special character conversions" where u can define it like this:

ß=>ss,ü=>ue,ö=>oe ..........

hope this helps

prevents 404 error!

mikeman

I use this in Admin => Configuration => SEO URLs => Enter special character conversions

some of characters is convert but not all. Therefore I want to increase characters.

ь=>io,я=>ia,а=>a,о=>o,ж=>j,г=>g,т=>t,н=>n,в=>v,м=>m,ч=>ch,у=>u,е=>e,и=>i,ш=>sh,щ=>sht,
к=>k,с=>s,д=>d,з=>z,ц=>c,б=>b,л=>l,р=>r,п=>p,х=>h,ф=>f,ъ=>a,й=>io,ю=>iu,Ь=>IO,Я=>IA,
А=>A,О=>O,Ж=>J,Г=>G,Т=>T,Н=>N,В=>V,М=>M,Ч=>CH,У=>U,Е=>E,И=>I,Ш=>SH,Щ=>SHT,К=>K,
С=>S,Д=>D,З=>Z,Ц=>C,Б=>B,Л=>L,Р=>R,П=>P,Х=>H,Ф=>F,Ъ=>A,Й=>IO,Ю=>IU