• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I've just installed the latest version and now my site stopped working.  Whenever I click on a category the browser spins around for a while and comes back with a page not found.  I've turned the contribution off but no change.  When I restore a previous database backup (before the contribution was installed) everything works again.

Now here's the thing, my host (yahoo) does not allow me to upload the .htaccess file.  Could this be why?  Is this file required for this contribution to work?  How can I do without .htaccess and other .files?

The changes in the .htaccess file are vital to the operation of Ultimate SEO URLs. There are a lot of good hosts out there that don't place such restrictions on you, I would start shopping for one :thumbsup:.

David

Misa, I just had a look, seems to work fine!

Hello All , i have installed on my local server the great contrib Ultimate SEO 2.1 (on my MS2), but all link are broken ? :angry: My register_globals in ON in my configuration.

Somebody with you it an idea ?

Hello All , i have installed on my local server the great contrib Ultimate SEO 2.1 (on my MS2), but  all link are broken ?  :angry: My register_globals in ON in my configuration.

Somebody with you it an idea ?

How are they broken? Give an example. For instance, when you click on one, does it come to "page not found"? if that is the case, make sure you have followed the instructions for the .htaccess file.

The changes in the .htaccess file are vital to the operation of Ultimate SEO URLs.  There are a lot of good hosts out there that don't place such restrictions on you, I would start shopping for one  :thumbsup:.

David

Get with me, we'll figure out the problem then post the final solution... A little easier than going back and forth on the forum and making the thread a page or two longer when all they really need is the fix :thumbsup: do you have aim or icq?

Get with me, we'll figure out the problem then post the final solution...  A little easier than going back and forth on the forum and making the thread a page or two longer when all they really need is the fix  :thumbsup: do you have aim or icq?

I just replied to your PM but then I realized - are you sure we are on the same track? My post that you quoted was in response to ptrinephi. I'm having trouble with getting Information Pages Unlimited to use rewritten URLs with Ultimate SEO. Which problem were you offering to help with? :)

David

I just replied to your PM but then I realized - are you sure we are on the same track?  My post that you quoted was in response to ptrinephi.  I'm having trouble with getting Information Pages Unlimited to use rewritten URLs with Ultimate SEO.  Which problem were you offering to help with?  :)

David

The information pages unlimited problem...

The changes in the .htaccess file are vital to the operation of Ultimate SEO URLs.  There are a lot of good hosts out there that don't place such restrictions on you, I would start shopping for one  :thumbsup:.

David

Thanks DAvidR, I moved my cart to a different host and it seems to work. However, when I click on SEO URLs in the admin I get the following warning:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /.../admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1473

function tep_call_function($function, $parameter, $object = '') {

if ($object == '') {

return call_user_func($function, $parameter); <<<=== this line here

} elseif (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

return call_user_method($function, $object, $parameter);

} else {

return call_user_func(array($object, $function), $parameter);

}

}

Any idea what this is all about?

Also, the URL shown in the store looks like this /jewelry-c-21.html?osCsid=ca1809dc05dc158ef041175c24ed1f72 with the osCsid at the end. I was not able to find any threads regarding the removal of this cookie thing. Can someone point me to the right place for this?

Thanks,

Thanks DAvidR, I moved my cart to a different host and it seems to work.  However, when I click on SEO URLs in the admin I get the following warning:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /.../admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1473

function tep_call_function($function, $parameter, $object = '') {

if ($object == '') {

return call_user_func($function, $parameter);  <<<=== this line here

} elseif (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

return call_user_method($function, $object, $parameter);

} else {

return call_user_func(array($object, $function), $parameter);

}

}

Any idea what this is all about?

Also, the URL shown in the store looks like this /jewelry-c-21.html?osCsid=ca1809dc05dc158ef041175c24ed1f72 with the osCsid at the end.  I was not able to find any threads regarding the removal of this cookie thing.  Can someone point me to the right place for this?

Thanks,

Yes, it is a cookie thing. It is natural for the osCsid to appear in the url the first time you look at the page. Click on a link, and see if they are still in the url's on the new page. So in other words, browse around your site and visit several different pages. Does the osCsid still appear? If it does then you do need to fix your cookie settings. If it disapears after clidking once or twice your settings are fine.

If you do need to have your cookies fixed, post the top part of configure.php MINUS the database settings.

:::Problem with information pages:::

Symptom: You have information pages unlimited installed, and you have version 2.1c of the ultimate seo contrib. The links still look like information.php?...

instead of about_us-i-4.html (those links are just examples)

This is how we were able to fix the problem on DavidR's site:

At the end of his application_top.php were the lines

//BEGIN Information pages unlimited
 define('TABLE_INFORMATION', 'information');
 define('FILENAME_INFORMATION', 'information.php');
//END Information pages unlimited

These define lines should be in different files, the problem is that they were getting defined AFTER the seo code was generating the urls, so it was not converting the url's. To fix this, move the line

define('TABLE_INFORMATION', 'information');

to the end of the file includes/database_tables.php before the ?> at the end of the file.

Now move the line

define('FILENAME_INFORMATION', 'information.php');

to the end of teh file includes/filenames.php before the ?> at the end of the file.

Make sure to remove the lines from application_top.php since they are now defined in a different spot.

Hope this is able to help out any one else with this problem.

Hello ive been trying to get the latest version running with my shop. Ive done a clean install with www.emmaserotica.co.uk/store

The problem i have is if i click on a product i get 404 Not Found. I think im not editing the htaccess file correctly. The only htaccess file i could find is in the downloads folder is that the right one? Sorry noobie question i know but i dont want to add format my store until the seo side is working as thats key. The server my host is running is linux and i can edit the htaccess file in the control panel but still very confussed with the last step.

Great contributions thanks!

Only have one problem:

On product listing pages where there is a manufacturers drop down to filter products by manufacturer, if I select a manufacturer the resulting url look like this:

xxx.html?filter_id=13&sort=3a

for some reason it's inserting an '&' instead of just '&'. Which means the sort variable is not processed.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Not long ago I was testing a previous version of this contribution and didn't have this problem.

Hello ive been trying to get the latest version running with my shop.  Ive done a clean install with www.emmaserotica.co.uk/store

The problem i have is if i click on a product i get 404 Not Found.  I think im not editing the htaccess file correctly.  The only htaccess file i could find is in the downloads folder is that the right one?  Sorry noobie question i know but i dont want to add format my store until the seo side is working as thats key.  The server my host is running is linux and i can edit the htaccess file in the control panel but still very confussed with the last step.

You need to make a new file if it doesn't exist already, name it .htaccess and put it in the catalog folder. Don't forget the dot in front. The .htaccess file in the downloads folder is the wrong one. Do not use the admin control panel to edit or create the .htaccess file, the admin panel does not write the file properly if there are any quotes in it. You need to use a text editor and upload it to your server.

Barido: for my site, having & has the same effect as the & alone. Does it act differently for your site?

Barido:  for my site, having & has the same effect as the & alone.  Does it act differently for your site?

Are you positive? I'm pretty sure it shouldn't. They're definately not equivilent on my server.

I know you should use '&' when outputting an amersand in content to conform to web standards, but i've never seen it used in the url, and i'm 99% sure it doesn't work nor does it belong.

The bug can be seen again when you first change the manufacturer in the drop down and then try sort those results by, say price. You end up with a url string that looks like:

xxx.html?sort=5a&page=1&sort=4d&filter_id=43

It's a minor bug in an otherwise great contribution.

You need to make a new file if it doesn't exist already, name it .htaccess and put it in the catalog folder.  Don't forget the dot in front.  The .htaccess file in the downloads folder is the wrong one.  Do not use the admin control panel to edit or create the .htaccess file, the admin panel does not write the file properly if there are any quotes in it.  You need to use a text editor and upload it to your server.

Barido:  for my site, having & has the same effect as the & alone.  Does it act differently for your site?

Hello again thanks for the reply

Im still a little stuck i created a .htaccess file in this folder store/pkg/catalog

its the only place i could find the catalog dir. Is this correct?? Ive tried also in this folder and the problem is still there i have tried creating a .htaccess file with the root and the /pkg both did not work :blush:

Thanks for you help so far.

Sorry for double post but i found a few more .hraccess files :'(

one in / public_html / shop / pub /

one in / public_html / shop / admin /

??????

ive tried changing both and i still cant get it to find the html file. Still comes back with a 404 error.

Any ideas where i should create or edit the .htaccess file?

store/

admin

download

images

includes

pkg

pub

Sorry for double post but i found a few more .hraccess files  :'(

one in / public_html / shop / pub /

one in / public_html / shop / admin /

??????

ive tried changing both and i still cant get it to find the html file.  Still comes back with a 404 error.

Any ideas where i should create or edit the .htaccess file?

store/

admin

download

images

includes

pkg

pub

In the example just above, you would put it in /store. However, I'm not sure that really is the structure of your site. Do you have a folder named "store" or are you just trying to represent that you have put the main osC files in the root of the site (i.e. public_html/index.html)? In that case, the .htaccess would go in public_html/). I hope that helps more than it confuses :P.

David

:'( Still cant get this to work. I started a new fresh cart so my file path is /public_html/cart/ or www.emmaserotica.co.uk/cart (dont laugh at the web name :thumbsup: )

Im now getting this error I did see a post on here about deleting the last space in the general.php file which I tried but the error is still there? Also the store still loads but if I click a product or category I still get the 404 error. I guess that could be due to the error below? Sorry if I sound like a retard with this one but I really need decent seo before I start customising it.

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/emmaser/public_html/cart/includes/functions/html_output.php:257) in /home/emmaser/public_html/cart/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/emmaser/public_html/cart/includes/functions/html_output.php:257) in /home/emmaser/public_html/cart/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

:'(  Still cant get this to work.  I started a new fresh cart so my file path is /public_html/cart/ or www.emmaserotica.co.uk/cart (dont laugh at the web name  :thumbsup: )

Im now getting this error I did see a post on here about deleting the last space in the general.php file which I tried but the error is still there?

Please check your html_output file for empty spaces or maybe text after the last

?>

Kind regards

Hakan Haknuz

Are you positive? I'm pretty sure it shouldn't. They're definately not equivilent on my server.

I know you should use '&' when outputting an amersand in content to conform to web standards, but i've never seen it used in the url, and i'm 99% sure it doesn't work nor does it belong.

The bug can be seen again when you first change the manufacturer in the drop down and then try sort those results by, say price. You end up with a url string that looks like:

xxx.html?sort=5a&page=1&sort=4d&filter_id=43

It's a minor bug in an otherwise great contribution.

Are you still having difficulties? I've goofed the install I think, I get the &sort problem and it seems to be causing issues with people adding items to the cart.

I'll have to roll it all back I think. I was installing late last night and I know for a fact I messed up the general.php - mixing the admin and the non-admin one up completely :-"

At the moment my sites unusable.. D'oh

Would someone be able to post a website that has this contrib installed (working 100% or not)? I've been reading and reading but can't quite figure out if this contrib is what I need for my site....b/c I have some product names that are quite long...

...and from what i have gathered, the product name will appear in the url...correct? :'( Well...that is why I would like to see this contrib in action!

I have NO DOUBT that contrib is great...as are all of Chemo's contrib's...I just need to make sure it is what I need. Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,

T-DOGG

Hi All

Firstly, congrats and thanks to Chemo for the great contribution.

I have installed the 2.1c version of Ultimate SEO urls on my localhost testing server. Everything seems to work in terms of the code producing the correct urls but I'm getting the dreaded:

Not Found

The requested URL /.../catalog/test-c-25.html was not found on this server

I'm sure thats an .htaccess problem - I have this .htaccess file in my /catalog/ directory, can anyone help?

# $Id: .htaccess,v 1.3 2003/06/12 10:53:20 hpdl Exp $
#
# This is used with Apache WebServers
#
# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to
# the AllowOverride configuration
#
# Example:
#
# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
#   AllowOverride Options
# </Directory>
#
# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the
# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet
# Explorer browsers

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
 <IfDefine SSL>
   SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
            nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
            downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
 </IfDefine>
</IfModule>

# Fix certain PHP values
# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain
# servers)

#<IfModule mod_php4.c>
#  php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
#  php_value register_globals 1
#</IfModule>

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I've tried removing the standard code already added to the .htaccess file before the contriution code was added - but no luck yet

Thanks

Stuart

Does this contribution offer any way to do the 301 redirect from the domain.com to the www.domain.com?? I am trying to do it but I am having some issues. its only working when i put the code in my htaccess in the root, but then it is affecting my admin pages as well. I have seo urls installed and saw a list of redirects, is there a way to consolidate the web pages with this contribution as well??

Many thanks!!

I have these contibutions installed on my site - Master products 1.1.5 by Johnson, Header Tags & CCGV. Recently I installed SEO URLS. Everything works fine EXCEPT the REDEEM button when I click I just get logged out and I see the logon box page of my site.

Also if I disable SEO URLs site fails to display category & product pages - giving error - page not found. What i mean is the disable is not working for SEO URLs.

But if I uninstall SEO URLs there is no problem with CCGV at all.

Please help

Thanks