• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I can't cause those to occur. What php version are you running? If this isn't a new install, please try clearing cache via the setting or emptying the cache table to see if that makes a difference.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

2 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

I can't cause those to occur. What php version are you running? If this isn't a new install, please try clearing cache via the setting or emptying the cache table to see if that makes a difference.

Me again. It was a fresh install but I did as you suggested and cleared the cache, then put all the "use cache" to false and no more notices in the logs. Thanks!

• 7 months later...

Hello, I just installed the Ultimate SEO URLs contribution on my 4.3.2.1 version of the store. While the urls all look correct when I click on products, the page that shows up is not the product page but looks to goto a dead link (it shows A the main homepage of my site rather than the product I click on, as I have a dead link redirect that points to the site's home page).  Any ideas what to check? Can find the store section of my site at http://www.rewindtoys.ca/catalog/index.php but i currently have SEO Urls turned off in the admin section.

Not sure really where to go from here to solve the problem and am wondering if its more than just an issue with the changes made when installing the contribution? I also use the alias domain of rewindtoys.ca for the store section of the site but don't think that is an issue. Do you think the dead link re-direct I am using may have something to do with this? I checked my configuration file and everything looks to be right. Any ideas would be appreciated on this.

@10incherSince your shop is located in a sub-directory, double check the rewrite command for this addon in the shops root directory. It should be 

RewriteBase /catalog/

If that is correct, then please enable it, click on a product page and then copy the url that it goes to. Then turn it off and revisit the product and copy the correct url. Then post both here.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the reply. I double checked and the .htaccess file in the catalog root directory is correct: Rewritebase /catalog . The link with SEO on is:

http://www.rewindtoys.ca/catalog/board-games-strategy-games-kaisers-battle-vintage-1980-strategy-game-p-90.html

Then with it turned back off, the same link is:

http://www.rewindtoys.ca/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=90

I can't tell from this what the problem is but there are two things to look at:

1 - You said the entry in the .htaccess file is Rewritebase /catalog. That is incorrect. You are missing the closing slash.

2 - Look at this page. This has nothing to do with this addon and should be displaying the header image. Is it correct?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

1. Sorry, this was a typo when posting my reply, the file does have the closing /

2. This page is not the header image of my store. The only reason I can think of why this is showing up is that it is a broken link (to the header.jpg) and is redirecting to the home page of my base site (not the store section) because of the redirect I have in place for broken links. Not sure if the redirect is throwing things off but it used to work before with the old version of the store I had up a few years back. Would it help if I pasted the code here from any of my pages?

8 minutes ago, 10incher said:

Would it help if I pasted the code here from any of my pages?

Please post your .htaccess file and your includes/configure.php file. For the latter, do not include the database parts near the bottom of it.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There can only be one file with the name of ".htaccess" (not the period). You may have others like .htaccess_backup but those are not used.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@artfulwebIt works with 1.0.8.0. I haven't tried it with 1.0.8.4. By the time I got to it, 1.0.8.5 would be out and might break it again so I only code for major updates or if a client needs it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I had to uninstall it with 1.0.8.3 and my google rankings plummeted. Tried to reinstall but it does not... nothing shows in the database. If I were to pay for an udate to 1.0.8.5 in your opinion it WILL break? Should I wait?

There's no way to know if the next version will break it or not. Some updates are just minor changes that don't affect much while others replace long-standing code that breaks many addons. That's the main problem with Phoenix. You just never know what the next version will do.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

45 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

There can only be one file with the name of ".htaccess" (not the period). You may have others like .htaccess_backup but those are not used.

Looks like that was the problem a duplicate htaccess file I didn't see messing it up, all fixed. Thanks so much for answering all my questions, your help is greatly appreciated. Take care!

55 minutes ago, artfulweb said:

I had to uninstall it with 1.0.8.3 and my google rankings plummeted. Tried to reinstall but it does not... nothing shows in the database. If I were to pay for an udate to 1.0.8.5 in your opinion it WILL break? Should I wait?

Phoenix and the community editions never cared about compatibility with SEO URLs. If I were you I would stay on my working shop and wait for the release of V4, even though there is no confirmed release date and no one knows if it will be production ready when released. But at least from the information shared there will be a built in migration path for URLs. Or you can commit SEO suicide and abandon SEO URLs to continue on with Phoenix.

• 1 month later...

Hi @Jack_mcs , hope you are fine.

I get this PHP Warning error in :

PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant CHARSET - assumed 'CHARSET' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home3/xxx/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1827

in includes/classes/seo.class.php I chenged line 1827 

to: if (defined('CHARSET') && (CHARSET == 'utf-8')) {

Would you kindly confirm that the change I made is correct?

Best regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

Hi @valquiria23Yes, that is valid code. However, it should not be needed. Please check your language file, like english.php, to make sure there is a statement to define CHARSET. If there is and if it is blank change it to have UTF-8, like this

define('CHARSET', 'utf-8');

It it is already there, check your includes/application_top.php file, if this is for a pre-Phoenix shop, and make sure the code to include this addon comes after the code to load the languages.

If both of the above are correct, then it would require troubleshooting to find the cause. The change you mentionrf should work but if your site uses accented characters be sure they are handled correctly by this addon.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

A new version has been uploaded with these changes. Tested through Phoenix 1.0.8.6 and php 8.

• Added version for Phoenix .0.8.0 and above.
  • Changed code for php 7.4 warnings.
  • Fixed mistake with the uninstall code.
  • Replaced HTTP/1.x protocol checks with $_SERVER['SERVER_PROTOCOL'].

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

@Jack_mcs  I upgraded my Phoenix version from 1.0.8.1 to 1.0.8.2, due to some SEO issues I clicked Uninstall from Admin > Configuration.

Afterwards followed all the steps but was unable to see the SEO option under Admin > Configuration. Not sure what could have caused that. 

All products are now displaying as https://www.site.com/-p-18412.html 

Any help, please. Thanks

@zeeshopDue to how updates are done in Phoenix, it might be that there isn't a version of this addon that will work in your version. I tested up to 1.0.7.6 and in 1.0.8.5 but not the ones in-between.  But for any working version, when you click uninstall in admin, the settings won't show up again until you reload the shop side. I assume you checked for the settings after loading the shop side but thought I should mention it just in case. And, usually, you can safely replace the seo.class.php file with one from a different version for a quick test. You you may want to upload the files in one of the other Phoenix directories to see if that helps.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

9 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

@zeeshopDue to how updates are done in Phoenix, it might be that there isn't a version of this addon that will work in your version. I tested up to 1.0.7.6 and in 1.0.8.5 but not the ones in-between.  But for any working version, when you click uninstall in admin, the settings won't show up again until you reload the shop side. I assume you checked for the settings after loading the shop side but thought I should mention it just in case. And, usually, you can safely replace the seo.class.php file with one from a different version for a quick test. You you may want to upload the files in one of the other Phoenix directories to see if that helps.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for updating.

On a fresh install of Phoenix 1.0.8.5 it does not install, no configuration items added to the database and no cache table. All the files were uploaded and the htaccess file modified. Called the site and nothing happened with the database. Ideas? Did you directly install on 1.0.85?

Thanks in advance

Just now, artfulweb said:

Did you directly install on 1.0.85?

Yes, I did. But it looks like I didn't include the changed file in the latest upload. Please try the attached file and let me know how it goes.

seo.class.php

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons