• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

In case anyone else is having the same problem as me, where having ?cname= or ?manufacturers_id= in the url makes it not display the product,

I was able to fix it by turning off auto redirect in the admin under seo admin. Hope this helps someone.

I posted this in the 2.0b thread but its for 2.01

You have an unusual problem with cPath=0_* as that is not the usual form. The 0 indicates top level category and should be formed like cPath=1 and NOT cPath=0_1. Do you have a custom category menu?

Yes i do because the cpath=0 link is the top/home link in the categorie box

I am interested in utilizing your store to finish development since it meets all of the requirements: articles, informations pages, and also has the added bonus of being a large product category with possible multiple languages.

Get with me on instant messenger and we'll work out the FTP credentials.

I have installed your contribution update 2.01 and the other upgrade i will start testing this later in the evening and i will e-mail my site-adres to you. I cannot give my ftp credentials due to the fact it is live and functioning, even i must inform my fellow shoprunners before modifying anything

BTW, do you have issues with special characters in the URLs? How many characters as an estimate?

I am not sure what you mean by this these caracters are also put in the rewrited url say example a trademark or copyright , will be parsed within the url . But the link will work when clicked on

For development of 2.01

One thing i found was that when using the default settings .

The reset option didn't work.

The turn seo off switch didn't work, when i turned it off my site wasn't able to load normal cpath values this means the entire categorie box.

Also products wouldn't load normal product_id=.

I tried putting oscdefaultcache off and page_cache also your 7 caches in configuration.

I deleted all cache files and cleared cache in database.

No help there, it seems like im tied to put seo on.

I shall put things back on and test this later in the evening because i really don't want to bother visitors or spiders

Come to think of it maybe this is because the htacces file has still rewrite on..

I suppose the switch set SEO off cannot remove these rules from the htacces file..but i will test some more this night

I have tested this some more and i am unable to switch it off, i have reversed back to 20b

Note for chemo.

I really love your contrib but the're is one thing about this new version wich is not suitable for me. ..

In seo classes there is automatic database install. Wich removed my former database-tables. Some of those new ones do not work properly- and to be honest i really like doing these things by hand.. I am not fond of the idea of automatic install without me being able to control what is going on. I read some post of someone suggesting that all updates should be automatically..Well that's a big possible vulnerability and i really hope you don't follow his advice .

regards hakan

Edited by hakan haknuz

Kind regards

Hakan Haknuz

Dog gone short edit time limit :'(

Has anyone gotten Ultimate SEO URL's v2.1x to work with Information Pages? I've looked through the code and can't see any reason that it shouldn't rewrite but it comes through as sitedomain.com/information.php?info_id=1 every time.

David

Dog gone short edit time limit  :'(

Has anyone gotten Ultimate SEO URL's v2.1x to work with Information Pages?  I've looked through the code and can't see any reason that it shouldn't rewrite but it comes through as sitedomain.com/information.php?info_id=1 every time.

David

I don't know about information pages, but it works for my ultimate information pages, right off the bat w/o modification...

You could try asking in the controversial forums, or try installing the information pages unlimited contrib (don't know exactly which one, unfortunately I did not keep good track enough of which contribs I installed, I don't know base code from modified code any more)

What exactly is not working with the information pages for you? (maybe give a url for an example, sometimes it's easier than explaining) Sorry I can't help out more...

Thanks, I will give ultimate information pages a try first. As for what it's doing, it just works normally - no rewrite. It's like Ultimate SEO just ignores it. Bobby actually had a go at fixing the code in Information Pages (it's pretty much a mess) but it didn't help. Thanks for your suggestion, I'll post back if that works.

David

Chemo mentions the Abstract Code feature where it can be used with other contribs that generate links.

Is there currently a Froogle datafeed contrib that has this feature enabled? Can anyone please point me to the one I'd want for this purpose?

Johan a.k.a. T0PS3O elsewhere.

Contributed Barclay's ePDQ Payment Module though not originally mine. Made it work though...

Hello, I installed this contribution last night and I have some questions about it so here it goes.

1. How can you tell if it is working?

2. After I installed it my secured pages quit working so I had to remove it. Any body else have this problem?

3. After I removed it I still get the SEO URL in the admin control panel and can't seem to get rid of it. Any Idea's?

I liked this contribution and would like to get it working since I am learning how to improve my page ranking. I am new to the whole internet sales scene and there is a whole lot of info to try to absorb.

Thanks, Mike

Hello, I installed this contribution last night and I have some questions about it so here it goes.

1. How can you tell if it is working?

2. After I installed it my secured pages quit working so I had to remove it.  Any body else have this problem?

3. After I removed it I still get the SEO URL in the admin control panel and can't seem to get rid of it.  Any Idea's?

I liked this contribution and would like to get it working since I am learning how to improve my page ranking.  I am new to the whole internet sales scene and there is a whole lot of info to try to absorb.

Thanks, Mike

MIke,

You should run back through the install slower, you must have missed a but of code on the removal.

I installed this again and it works fine on my localhost but when I upload it the trouble begins. I can not access any product pages at all but the pages with no product seem to be fine. I get a page not found error.

Thanks, Mike

I don't know about information pages, but it works for my ultimate information pages, right off the bat w/o modification...

I can't seem to find "Ultimate Information Pages". The one I have installed is Information Pages Unlimited v1.1i - http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...formation+pages. Is this the one you meant? If not, could you post the link to the one you are using that works? Thanks!

David

I can't seem to find "Ultimate Information Pages".  The one I have installed is Information Pages Unlimited v1.1i - http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...formation+pages.  Is this the one you meant?  If not, could you post the link to the one you are using that works?  Thanks!

David

Sorry about that, you are right it was Information Pages Unlimited, as I said early on I failed to document which contribs I installed, and now it is way too customized to re-do it... I mixed the "ultimate" from another contrib I had installed :blush: Did you get it to work?

Hi,

I?ve just installed 2.1c

My Error by starting the Shop:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_set_banner_status() (previously declared in /home/dark-hamburgde/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php:733) in /home/dark-hamburgde/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/banner.php on line 15

Line 733 general.php:

function tep_set_banner_status($banners_id, $status) {

Line 15 banner.php

And is this the directory for the .htacces in the catalog directory?

/home/dark-hamburgde/public_html/catalog/

ACP runs without error.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Best reagards

Reinhard

Hi,

that's a fantastic contribution, thank you Chemo.

I was trying to install and try it in local but.. when I'm on Step #3 I see the code part to replace is little different.

I paste my original tep_href_link() function:

////
// The HTML href link wrapper function
 function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL') {
   if ($page == '') {
     die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine the page link!<br><br>Function used:<br><br>tep_href_link(\'' . $page . '\', \'' . $parameters . '\', \'' . $connection . '\')</b>');
   }
   if ($connection == 'NONSSL') {
     $link = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_ADMIN;
   } elseif ($connection == 'SSL') {
     if (ENABLE_SSL == 'true') {
       $link = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_ADMIN;
     } else {
       $link = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_ADMIN;
     }
   } else {
     die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine connection method on a link!<br><br>Known methods: NONSSL SSL<br><br>Function used:<br><br>tep_href_link(\'' . $page . '\', \'' . $parameters . '\', \'' . $connection . '\')</b>');
   }
   if ($parameters == '') {
     $link = $link . $page . '?' . SID;
   } else {
     $link = $link . $page . '?' . $parameters . '&' . SID;
   }

while ( (substr($link, -1) == '&') || (substr($link, -1) == '?') ) $link = substr($link, 0, -1);

return $link;
 }

Do I have to replace it the same way?

Thanks..

Edited by giulio

Hi,

I have been using the v2.0b with the beta-3 release of the automatic redirect script for awhile and everything seems okay. Now I am interested to upgrade to new verion v2.1c.

Can anyone tells me if the beta-3 release of the automatic redirect script works well with v2.1? Any comment would be appreciated.

One more simple question. I have installed apache 2, php and mysql on my win xp. Can mod_rewrite work under win xp os?? :blush:

Just installed v2.1c. Everything seems to work except on the login page when you click to sign in it reloads the login page. login.php has not been changed from the original.

Any one know the fix.

(It goes without saying: this contribution is one of the best. You the man bobby)

All the best

Lech

Now it works fine!Great Constribution!

Hi,

I?ve  just installed 2.1c

My Error by starting the Shop:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_set_banner_status() (previously declared in /home/dark-hamburgde/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php:733) in /home/dark-hamburgde/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/banner.php on line 15

Line 733 general.php:

Line 15 banner.php

And is this the directory for the .htacces in the catalog directory?

/home/dark-hamburgde/public_html/catalog/

ACP runs without error.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Best reagards

Reinhard

Sorry about that, you are right it was Information Pages Unlimited, as I said early on I failed to document which contribs I installed, and now it is way too customized to re-do it...  I mixed the "ultimate" from another contrib I had installed  :blush: Did you get it to work?

No, I am having no luck at all :'(. Information Pages Unlimited 1.1i seems to be the latest normal release. If you had no problems and you get a chance, let me know exactly what version your files are for Information Pages. I'm going to test some more on a fresh install. Thanks.

David

No, I am having no luck at all :'(.  Information Pages Unlimited 1.1i seems to be the latest normal release.  If you had no problems and you get a chance, let me know exactly what version your files are for Information Pages.  I'm going to test some more on a fresh install.  Thanks.

David

From what I can tell, I'm using 1.0 :blush: It is working fine as you can see here I could not find a version number anywhere, just a date that coorosponds to the first version 1.0. Are your problems customer side or admin side? I think it was one of the first things I installed, before I really got the hang of the contribs. It seems I did get it working for my site though...

I can post my code for information.php, the information box, and the admin part of it if you want it, see if you can take mine and make it work for your site. Let me know.

From what I can tell, I'm using 1.0  :blush: It is working fine as you can see here  I could not find a version number anywhere, just a date that coorosponds to the first version 1.0.  Are your problems customer side or admin side?  I think it was one of the first things I installed, before I really got the hang of the contribs. It seems I did get it working for my site though...

I can post my code for information.php, the information box, and the admin part of it if you want it, see if you can take mine and make it work for your site.  Let me know.

Nice site, and yes it seems to be working perfectly for you. Mine works but Ultimate SEO isn't rewriting the URL's. I would be grateful if you would post the file contents as described. That might give me the information I need to make it work. I would say just email them but posting in a code block might help someone else one day looking back. Thanks!

David

Nice site, and yes it seems to be working perfectly for you.  Mine works but Ultimate SEO isn't rewriting the URL's.  I would be grateful if you would post the file contents as described.  That might give me the information I need to make it work.  I would say just email them but posting in a code block might help someone else one day looking back.  Thanks!

David

I've just installed the latest version and now my site stopped working. Whenever I click on a category the browser spins around for a while and comes back with a page not found. I've turned the contribution off but no change. When I restore a previous database backup (before the contribution was installed) everything works again.

Now here's the thing, my host (yahoo) does not allow me to upload the .htaccess file. Could this be why? Is this file required for this contribution to work? How can I do without .htaccess and other .files?