• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hi,

I am using V 2-2.2d-9. The urls for the products changed and function perfectly but I can't seem to get the urls for the categories to change. The urls for the categories currently function but they are the old seo "unfriendly" urls.

Any ideas?

I am using V 2-2.2d-9. The urls for the products changed and function perfectly but I can't seem to get the urls for the categories to change. The urls for the categories currently function but they are the old seo "unfriendly" urls.

If you are not using a standard shop, then the code has probably been altered to not use the correct linking code. If you type a url directly into the browser as http://YOUR_DOMAIN_NAME/index.php?cPath=1 (replace 1 with a valid category id), it should change using the Ultimate SEO format. If it does, then the contribution is working correctly.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I installed Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_9 in OSC 2.2 on a LINUX machine but it doesn't work for me.

The only contrib i have installed in this shop is the newest version of Easy Populate.

I checked all my changed files for about 5 times.

The htaccess:

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine on

RewriteBase /shop/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ..... blablabla

include/configure.php:

<?php

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.XXXXXX.ch');

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'http://www.XXXXXX.ch');

define('ENABLE_SSL', false);

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'XXXXXX.ch');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'XXXXXX.ch');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/shop/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/shop/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/var/www/vhosts/XXXXXX.ch/httpdocs/shop/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'XXXXXX');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'XXXXXX');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'XXXXXX');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

?>

No errors have been displayed in the backend and in the shop.

What happens:

- all the pages like home, contact, search, login, etc. work fine.

- alle the product pages and manufacturer pages doesn't work. If i click in the navigation on a category (or manufacturer) this productpage shows for about 0.5 - 1 second (i see the new url!!!) and then jumps back to home.

What could be the problem?

I installed Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_9 in OSC 2.2 on a LINUX machine but it doesn't work for me.

What happens:

- all the pages like home, contact, search, login, etc. work fine.

- alle the product pages and manufacturer pages doesn't work. If i click in the navigation on a category (or manufacturer) this productpage shows for about 0.5 - 1 second (i see the new url!!!) and then jumps back to home.

I've worked on two shops recently that had this problem and in both of them, they were using a template that had code that would redirect to the home page if certain conditions were met. If you are using a template, that's what I would suspect. If not, I don't have any ideas since the code seems to be working correctly from your description, other than the second redirect.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I've worked on two shops recently that had this problem and in both of them, they were using a template that had code that would redirect to the home page if certain conditions were met. If you are using a template, that's what I would suspect. If not, I don't have any ideas since the code seems to be working correctly from your description, other than the second redirect.

You are absolutely right: i bought a 140 USD Template from Templatemonster: http://www.templatemonster.com/oscommerce-templates/27341.html

This template is based on OsCommerce 2.2 RC2a.

It would be great if you could tell me in what files you made thanges so that SEO URL's works.

Regards, Mike

Edited by mikesch70

Templatemonster problem SOLVED!!!

in includes/footer.php you see following code:

<?php

/*

$Id: footer.php,v 1.26 2003/02/10 22:30:54 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'counter.php');

?>

<?php

$path_parts=getCurrPathName();

if(strpos($path_parts['basename'], "php") == false)

{

print("<script type='text/javascript'>window.location='index.php';</script>");

}

if(($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?language=en") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?language=de") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?language=es") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD&language=en") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD&language=de") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD&language=es") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR&language=en") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR&language=de") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR&language=es"))

{

?>

<?php

}else{

?>

<?php include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'panel_bottom.php');?>

<?php

}

?>

</td></tr>

<tr><td class="row_4">

now i deleted some stuff and now it looks like:

<?php

/*

$Id: footer.php,v 1.26 2003/02/10 22:30:54 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'counter.php');

?>

<?php include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'panel_bottom.php');?>

</td></tr>

SEO Urls works perfekt! I don't know if OSCommerce needs the code that i deleted, but everything seems to work without errors and problems.

It would be great if anybody could write here for what this code is:

<?php

{

}

if(($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?language=en") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?language=de") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?language=es") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD&language=en") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD&language=de") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD&language=es") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR&language=en") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR&language=de") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR&language=es"))

{

?>

Templatemonster problem SOLVED!!!

in includes/footer.php you see following code:

It would be great if anybody could write here for what this code is:[/b]

<?php

{

}

{

?>

Yes, that is similar to the code I was referring to though the code I found wasn't in the footer. The idea of the code is to load different content based on which page is showing. It might be that your site doesn't display some image on the home page that it did before. But it is not a big loss since whoever wrote that code didn't understand php or oscommerce. The strpos is incorrectly coded and won't work right all of the time. And the hard-coding of, supposedly, ever possible combination is downright childish. As soon as some change is made that the author didn't think to include, the code will fail (what happens if another language is added, for example?). So good riddance. The only thing you need to be concerned with is the appearance changes it may have made. Templatemonster really should be embarassed for allowing such code in their templates.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am setting up my first store front using OSC. Being more comfortable in windows I started testing there. SEO was working fine but I had other problems. Nobody would give advice because I was using WinXP. So I have installed Ubuntu and trying to get things going on Linux. I have everything working now (better than WinXP) with the exception of SEO. I can't seem to get the Mod Rewrite working. I started out getting a lot of 500's when SEO was turned on. If it was turned off the application worked fine. Now I am past the 500's but SEO just doesn't work. I am getting URL not found. For example:

The requested URL /digital-photo-c-21.html was not found on this server

I have the rewrite.conf file linked in the mods-enabled directory. In my VirtualHost configuration I have:

<VirtualHost  *:80>
 ServerAdmin [email protected]
 DocumentRoot /home/webusr/www/www.mytest.com/htdocs
 ServerName www.mytest.com
 RewriteEngine On
 RewriteOptions Inherit

<Directory /home/webusr/www/www.mytest.com/htdocs>
   Options All
   AllowOverride All 
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
   RewriteBase /
 </Directory>

LogLevel warn
 ErrorLog "/home/webusr/www/www.mytest.com/logs/error.log"
 CustomLog "/home/webusr/www/www.mytest.com/logs/access.log" common
 RewriteLog "/home/gwebusr/www/www.mytest.com/logs/rewrite.log"
 RewriteLogLevel 5

</VirtualHost>

The rewrite commands are in the .htaccess as installed.

I am not getting any data in the rewrite.log so obviously the rewrite is not working. What am I doing wrong?

I am not getting any data in the rewrite.log so obviously the rewrite is not working. What am I doing wrong?

You don't mention version of Ultimate SEO you are using, the url of your shop or show the .htaccess file so it isn't possible to help you.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You don't mention version of Ultimate SEO you are using, the url of your shop or show the .htaccess file so it isn't possible to help you.

As I stated I have this installed on my machine using Ubuntu. The URL is not important since it is local to my machine. However, if it is important to you, I am using the hosts file to point www.mytest.com to 127.0.0.1.

I am currently using version 2-2.d-5. I plan to upgrade to the latest version but I'm not going to the trouble until I get rewrite working. This is a configuration issue that is occurring because I'm not familiar with Linux and I have probably not got everything configured properly because of that unfamiliarity. This is the same .htaccess file that was working fine on WinXP.

# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the
# following Apache configuration parameter

#AcceptPathInfo On

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^options\=(.*)$
RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2%1
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# BOF: "Extra pages-info box w/ admin" support added by faaliyet
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# EOF: "Extra pages-info box w/ admin" support added by faaliyet
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# Added polls and newsdesk
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# BOF: Faqdesk support added by faaliyet
RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# EOF: Faqdesk support added by faaliyet
# Ultimate SEO URLs END

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I have just installed this add on.

I just have one small problem that I hope someone can help me with.

When i go to the store, I enter the address with www. at the start.

This loads fully and the address still has www. at the top.

However, when I click a link in the store, it removes the www. on the page that it loads.

Is there anyway I can keep the www. all the time,

I've searched around a few topics but haven't really found anything that helps.

Thanks,

Craig

Craig Shaw

Linden Design

Hi,

I have just installed the latest version on mt site, but got this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mb_convert_case() in /home/content/h/a/p/happygary/html/store/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1828

please help.

Regards,

Harry

As I stated I have this installed on my machine using Ubuntu. The URL is not important since it is local to my machine. However, if it is important to you, I am using the hosts file to point www.mytest.com to 127.0.0.1.

I am currently using version 2-2.d-5. I plan to upgrade to the latest version but I'm not going to the trouble until I get rewrite working. This is a configuration issue that is occurring because I'm not familiar with Linux and I have probably not got everything configured properly because of that unfamiliarity. This is the same .htaccess file that was working fine on WinXP.

# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the

# following Apache configuration parameter

#AcceptPathInfo On

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^options\=(.*)$

I haven't a clue as to what Ubuntu is so stating that doesn't help. The url is important since, as mentioned several times lately, this contribution won't work when IP's are used for the url. You don't have all of the required .htaccess commands. You need to recheck the instructions for that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

However, when I click a link in the store, it removes the www. on the page that it loads.

Is there anyway I can keep the www. all the time,

That isn't controlled by this contribution. It is because your configure file isn't setup correctly or you have commands in the .htaccess file, or elsewhere, causing a redirect. This thread would be a good place to start to look for a fix.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mb_convert_case() in /home/content/h/a/p/happygary/html/store/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1828

Please always bother to read a little of a thread before posting. This has been covered many times.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That isn't controlled by this contribution. It is because your configure file isn't setup correctly or you have commands in the .htaccess file, or elsewhere, causing a redirect. This thread would be a good place to start to look for a fix.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction there.

I could of swore it only started happening after I installed this contribution but it was my config file on the HTTP_SERVER line.

Thanks very much.

Craig

Craig Shaw

Linden Design

I haven't a clue as to what Ubuntu is so stating that doesn't help. The url is important since, as mentioned several times lately, this contribution won't work when IP's are used for the url. You don't have all of the required .htaccess commands. You need to recheck the instructions for that.

Forget it. I don't have time to deal with an angry forum "guru" with an attitude. No matter what I post it will never be enough and nothing will get resolved. I'll either resolve it myself eventually or take the fracking mod out and do without.

Forget it. I don't have time to deal with an angry forum "guru" with an attitude. No matter what I post it will never be enough and nothing will get resolved. I'll either resolve it myself eventually or take the fracking mod out and do without.

LOL. Angry? Not at all. I asked a question and explained the reasoning when you didn't answer. The people on this forum answer questions and try to help. You have to put in some effort if you want that help. Crying about it and throwing a tantrum will only hurt yourself. If you calm down and want to provide the requested information, I, or someone else will still try to help. Childish behavior is usually forgiven in these forums unless it continues many times.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you want to install oscommerce on a local host then "Xamp For Windows" is your best choice. Xamp will give you an Apache web server with MySQL, PHP and Perl. SEO URLS is one of the best contributions out there. It almost works out of the box. The support provided by Jack and others is excellent, and just like the mod the support is FREE. Jack gives his time and trys to help everyone he can. An apology will probably go a long way in helping you to get your shop set up.

Hi,

I installed this contribution and it worked fine. Now I wanted to change the directory of my shop from "oscommerce/catalog" to "shop". I copied all files and changed the configure files. The start page worked fine but as soon as I clicked on a product an error shows saying that the product can not be found. What can I do to fix this? Thank you very much for your help.

I installed this contribution and it worked fine. Now I wanted to change the directory of my shop from "oscommerce/catalog" to "shop". I copied all files and changed the configure files. The start page worked fine but as soon as I clicked on a product an error shows saying that the product can not be found. What can I do to fix this?

Change the path in the .htaccess file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Change the path in the .htaccess file.

Dear Jack_mcs and Chemo (and ofcourse the others:) ),

My store is running great so far, only i can't get some things to work, if you could help me i would really apriciate it!

This URLIt has no "-" or "/" except for the "-p-"

I have version 2-2.2d-9 and with 2.1 it worked fine, but i upgraded it because my links on my website where still like this "product_info.php?products_id=" And now they still are. So i also can't get the seo sitemaps to work:( Could you tell me what im doing wrong. It's not in the admin i think, because i have tried almost everything and nothing worked!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by kipje91

This URLIt has no "-" or "/" except for the "-p-"

The contribution appears to be working correctly since other links are working on your shop. So there is something in that product causing the problem. You'll need to compare it with working products to finhd why only it fails.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Did you get a solution to this ..I have exact same problem and cant find the much refered to solution !!!!

Regards

Mike

Hi,

please help.

Regards,

Harry

The contribution appears to be working correctly since other links are working on your shop. So there is something in that product causing the problem. You'll need to compare it with working products to finhd why only it fails.

Dear Jack_mcs, The contribution is working fine, but i had 2.1 installed before and then i got lovely links like a-product-in-this-store-p-1245.html now i get aproductinthisstore-p-1245.html (upgraded to 2.2.9) And all the links in my shop get 301 redirected. so the url is seo, but all links on my front page or in my catagories stay "product_info.php?products_id=11724"

Thanks for your fast reply!