• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Are there any conflicts between the Credit Class and Gift Voucher/Coupon V5.21 contibution for osCommerce RC2/RC2a and Ultimate SEO URLs? I get the error msg below. I am installing on a new install of RC2a. I install the CCGV first, get it working and then install the Ultimate SEO. The two contributions have one file in common, includes/application_top.php and the error seems to occur soon after I modify that file per the instructions, making the two modifications to that this file.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home6/alphacle/public_html/clearadultacne/includes/application_top.php:1088) in /home6/alphacle/public_html/clearadultacne/includes/functions/general.php on line 36

If I install the ULtimate SEO first and get it working, and then install the CCGV, I get the same error msg, again only after I modify includes/application_top.php and add

// LINE ADDED - MOD: CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher Contribution
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'add_ccgvdc_application_top.php');

Thanks in advance.

Oscommerce site:

OSC to CSS, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7263 -Mail Manager, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8120

I don't know the right version, where can i check this?

The exact problem is as follows; when the page is in product_listing.php (on index.php) the SEO URL is like /categoryname-c-111.html

When I do a search via the search box, the result page gives: ../categoryname-c-111.html?y=0&x=0&inc_subcat=1&search_in_description=1&keywords=test&sort=products_sort_order

But that is not correct. The correct url must be: ../advanced_search_result.php?y=0&x=0&inc_subcat=1&search_in_description=1&keywords=test&sort=products_sort_order

When the url is not changing in advanced_search_result.php, the results of the search doesn't show up.

I don't know why the URL doesn't give the advanced search result, but just puts the ?y=0&x=0&inc_subcat=1&search_in_description=1&keywords=test&sort=products_sort_order behind the SEO URL of the category.

And when you turn off seo urls?

Are there any conflicts between the Credit Class and Gift Voucher/Coupon V5.21 contibution for osCommerce RC2/RC2a and Ultimate SEO URLs? I get the error msg below. I am installing on a new install of RC2a. I install the CCGV first, get it working and then install the Ultimate SEO. The two contributions have one file in common, includes/application_top.php and the error seems to occur soon after I modify that file per the instructions, making the two modifications to that this file.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home6/alphacle/public_html/clearadultacne/includes/application_top.php:1088) in /home6/alphacle/public_html/clearadultacne/includes/functions/general.php on line 36

If I install the ULtimate SEO first and get it working, and then install the CCGV, I get the same error msg, again only after I modify includes/application_top.php and add

// LINE ADDED - MOD: CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher Contribution
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'add_ccgvdc_application_top.php');

Thanks in advance.

There are no conflicts between seo urls and any other contributions to my knowledge. It looks like CCGV is adding errors which in turn are sending headers.

As the problem occurs after adding CCGV perhaps taking the problem to that support thread might be more appropriate.

Hello all

After my succes installing Jack´s SEO 3.1.8 i am encouraged to install his SEO V 2-2.2d-7 in a OS RC2 version.

But in Edit includes/functions/html_output.php y found :

"

if (isset($_sid)) {

$link .= $separator . tep_output_string($_sid);

}

return $link;

}

"

instead of :

"

if (isset($_sid)) {

$link .= $separator . $_sid;

}

return $link;

}</b>

"

So i dont know if proceed with rest of the instructions.

Thanks to all.

After my succes installing Jack´s SEO 3.1.8 i am encouraged to install his SEO V 2-2.2d-7 in a OS RC2 version.

But in Edit includes/functions/html_output.php y found :

The instructions say to replace the whole function. You don't need to compare lines in it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I made a categorie: named Lenzen.

So my link was:

site.ext/lenzen-c-40.html

How can i change it so it become?

site.ext/Granada-c-40.html

Use the reset cache option.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Ouchh! After editing those 5 files i receive this in the online shop:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mb_convert_case() in /web/htdocs/www.hmsistemas.es/home/shop/catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1809

but the actual tree of files is without /home/

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mb_convert_case() in /web/htdocs/www.hmsistemas.es/home/shop/catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1809

Any ideas?

Thank you.

mb_convert_case() shouldn't be in the seo class file as it is not enabled in a standard PHP install.

Use another version of seo urls.

Ultimate Seo Urls 2.1d STABLE FINAL r172 is a trimmed and optimised version.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

mb_convert_case() shouldn't be in the seo class file as it is not enabled in a standard PHP install.

Use another version of seo urls.

I recommend Ultimate Seo Urls 5 if you have PHP 5.2+ on your server ( see my sig ).

Alternatively Ultimate Seo Urls 2.1d STABLE FINAL r172 is a trimmed and optimised version.

In fact i can see a new SEO URLs tag in the admin panel so maybe is better to stick to the most similar version ( guest the database has changed )

Will another version rewrite the db again to eliminate the extra fields?

The fix for the error you are getting is mentioned many times in this thread. If you spend a few minutes looking through it, you'll find it (or just use google to search for it). Any of the Ultimate SEO versions should rewrite the database fields if you want to switch though so that should not be a problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You´re right Jack, the same error was mentioned few pages back.

This error forces me to a halt since i didn´t backed up properly the db and i need to eliminate by hand the extra tables. Do you know the name of those or even if is possible?

Later on with more calm i will restart from scratch......

You´re right Jack, the same error was mentioned few pages back.

This error forces me to a halt since i didn´t backed up properly the db and i need to eliminate by hand the extra tables. Do you know the name of those or even if is possible?

Later on with more calm i will restart from scratch......

There's no need to remove any tables. Just go to admin->Configuration->SEO URL's and turn off all of the options.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you for reply.

Already disabled all options but above all of them i see this.

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /web/htdocs/www.hmsistemas.es/home/shop/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /web/htdocs/www.hmsistemas.es/home/shop/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

And to be honest is untidy to have in admin configuration.

PD, still don't know where this /home/ is coming from, is not in filezilla anyway.

Can anyone help?

I've installed ultimate seo urls 2.1d which all seems fine, the re-write works ok on product listings & product info. however there is an issue when you try to 'add to basket' where it returns an empty basket.

if i turn of seo urls the basket works fine.

server is linux running php 5.1

Thanks

Can anyone help?

I've installed ultimate seo urls 2.1d which all seems fine, the re-write works ok on product listings & product info. however there is an issue when you try to 'add to basket' where it returns an empty basket.

if i turn of seo urls the basket works fine.

Assuming the shop doesn't have some coding issue that is almost always due to the configure file not being setup correctly. There are many examples in this thread on how to do that so you should check that first.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Assuming the shop doesn't have some coding issue that is almost always due to the configure file not being setup correctly. There are many examples in this thread on how to do that so you should check that first.

configure file looks ok, forgot to mention I've had a previous version of seo urls working.

configure file looks ok, forgot to mention I've had a previous version of seo urls working.

Which version of 2.1d?

When you say "add to basket" do you mean from product listings or the product page?

What does the url look like (for the failing link ) when viewing source?

Hi, Jack, I have installed SEO V 2-2.2d-7 in a OS RC2 version, but noted that the URL use the product name rather than the name at the "Product SEO URL" at the product admin. Is it something wrong of my installation or I miss certain option at the configuration. Thanks for your help.

Hi, Jack, I have installed SEO V 2-2.2d-7 in a OS RC2 version, but noted that the URL use the product name rather than the name at the "Product SEO URL" at the product admin. Is it something wrong of my installation or I miss certain option at the configuration. Thanks for your help.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what

the name at the "Product SEO URL" at the product admin.
is. Can you explain that in more detail?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I think you must have a very old version of Seo Urls where you could set the link text via the product in admin.

If so .. you will have to stay with that version .. no other version caters for it .. jacks versions however allow you to use the header tags values if you happen to use it.