• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Do you have register_globals enabled on the server, possible in a php.ini file?

The OSCommerce version I am using does not require register globals since it is the latest version, so no it is not enabled. I went ahead and searched through the code using Dreamweaver in every file on my site, and still nothing was found that was enabling register globals, and I have no php.ini files at all since they were not needed. The only other modules I have installed are a few shipping modules like FedEX and USPS, and a shipment tracking module.

The OSCommerce version I am using does not require register globals since it is the latest version, so no it is not enabled. I went ahead and searched through the code using Dreamweaver in every file on my site, and still nothing was found that was enabling register globals, and I have no php.ini files at all since they were not needed. The only other modules I have installed are a few shipping modules like FedEX and USPS, and a shipment tracking module.

Try adding this line to your .haccess file

php_flag register_long_arrays on

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The left menu in admin where the SEO URL link for settings had to be.. Its not called Configuration?

Did you maybe install the changes for the shop side in the admin by mistake? I ask because you don't mention anything about the shop side. Do the url's get rewritten and work properly in the shop?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Try adding this line to your .haccess file

Thanks for trying but that didn't work Jack. I put it in my .htaccess file and cleared all my caches, but still the problem continues. I cannot figure out what else could be casing this, maybe the .htaccess URL commands need to be changed?

Thanks for trying but that didn't work Jack. I put it in my .htaccess file and cleared all my caches, but still the problem continues. I cannot figure out what else could be casing this, maybe the .htaccess URL commands need to be changed?

Hello Jack,

I am having the same problem as galaxidesigns, "when I click on either a product or category, the site just redirects back to the home page"

here are my system information:

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

PHP Version 5.2.6

Also here is my .htaccess

--------------------------------------------------------

AddHandler php5-script .php

# mod_rewrite in use

Options +FollowSymlinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{http_host} ^christiangalore.com [NC]

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.christiangalore.com/$1 [R=301,L]

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

--------------------------------------------

Can you please help me out with this issue?

Regards,

Thaer

No, the code works fine on any shop I've installed it into and they all use varying versions of php and mysql. As mentioned already, I don't think this is an Ultimate SEO problem. I suggest you post the question in the general forum. Maybe someone that has seen the problem will see it there.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have a problem with some 301 rewrites. I have three different products and I want to 301 rewrite two of them to redirect to the third.

I am using code that looks a little like this in .htaccess

Rewrite 301 /product-name-blah-p-78.html http://www.mysite.com/product-name-blah-p-31.html 

Whilst the URL appears to be different after implementing this the user if not actually redirected. So clicking on the link to product 40 produces product 40's page and the url:

http://www.mysite.com/product-name-blah-p-31.html?products_id=78

I assume it is possible to use a redirect 301 like this when using this mod so can someone tell me the correct syntax to use?

Edited by amigaman

Did you maybe install the changes for the shop side in the admin by mistake? I ask because you don't mention anything about the shop side. Do the url's get rewritten and work properly in the shop?

Hi.. :)

I checked the changes I have made and everything is like in manual. URL's are not good rewritten. For example for my category > Oťaže the URL is /oae-c-65_111.html. So it is not displaying the special chars. Thats why I wanted to go to admin>configuration>SEO URL to setup the special chars...but it is not in admin menu and also not in database... :( :( :(

martin

Hi.. :)

I checked the changes I have made and everything is like in manual. URL's are not good rewritten. For example for my category > Oťaže the URL is /oae-c-65_111.html. So it is not displaying the special chars. Thats why I wanted to go to admin>configuration>SEO URL to setup the special chars...but it is not in admin menu and also not in database... :( :( :(

martin

The admin section gets installed as soons as the contribution is used on the shop side. All you need to do is go to the home page and it should be installed, even if the links don't work. If it isn't showing up in your admin, then you will need to look in your database to see if the changes are being made there or not.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ultimate SEO URL's adding an extra sting...

http://www.carstickersdecals.com/cowboy-sticker-634?osCsid.html

Its adding the ?osCsid and causing product not found pages...

if you take out the ?osCsid everything works fine... If you click back then click the link agian everything works...

This is very random... You usually get it on the first visit on the first click.. Then you start browsing the site and never errors again..

Any Ideas..

Thanks for the Help... I posted this in the General Support but was told I must post it in here..

Hi

I'm having a delayed reaction to Friday 13th. This is complecated. I have a live site (no SEO) and a new design with SEO. I've moved my live site to a new Linux server so I can use SEO but can't get it to fully work.

I've brought the live site into the office to try to figure out what's wrong. Fresh install then restored the database then over wrote the files. Still couldn't solve it so deleted the local live site, unzipped the new site (with SEO) from Fridays backup and restored the database.

The new site works bit whenever I pick on any link I get

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 403

localhost

16/11/2009 12:34:29

Apache/2.2.12 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.12 OpenSSL/0.9.8k mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.0 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0

If I disable SEO, it works, re-enable it and 403 errors. I've reinstalled the contrib and it still doesn't work. It was working fine on Friday.

Does anyone know what's wrong and how do I fix

Many thanks

Ian

Ultimate SEO URL's adding an extra sting...

http://www.carstickersdecals.com/cowboy-sticker-634?osCsid.html

Its adding the ?osCsid and causing product not found pages...

That's usually a problem in the configure.php file. Search this trhead for how to properly set it up.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Does anyone know what's wrong and how do I fix

Ian

Can you repost without all of the history? I can't follow what the problem is.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Can you repost without all of the history? I can't follow what the problem is.

Hi Jack

Sorry about that, panic mode set in.

I restored my live database (backed up on Friday) on top of the development one then my SEO got screwed. Whenever I picked on a link, image or catagory in the left column, the 403 forbidden message showed. I tried several atempts to install from scratch but nothing would work. Then I decided to disable SEO in my admin section and that worked. Enabled and reset cache and 403 error again.

I've managed to solve it by deleting all files & the database via phpmyadmin, shut down, restart, stock reinstall then restored my live database and files and all is OK but I don't know what caused the problem.

Hope this makes more sense

Ian

I have a problem with some 301 rewrites. I have three different products and I want to 301 rewrite two of them to redirect to the third.

I am using code that looks a little like this in .htaccess

Rewrite 301 /product-name-blah-p-78.html http://www.mysite.com/product-name-blah-p-31.html 

Whilst the URL appears to be different after implementing this the user if not actually redirected. So clicking on the link to product 40 produces product 40's page and the url:

http://www.mysite.com/product-name-blah-p-31.html?products_id=78

I assume it is possible to use a redirect 301 like this when using this mod so can someone tell me the correct syntax to use?

Anyone with any ideas?

Hi!

If I set "Enable use Header Tags as name" to true - the url looks great except for articles: www.mysite.com/-a-17.html.

Even though I add the articles one by one to "Header Tags SEO" with separate header tags the url will not change.

Is there away to have the above settings and still use the title of the articles as url?

Thanks.

Hi!

If I set "Enable use Header Tags as name" to true - the url looks great except for articles: www.mysite.com/-a-17.html.

Even though I add the articles one by one to "Header Tags SEO" with separate header tags the url will not change.

Is there away to have the above settings and still use the title of the articles as url?

You have to have version 1.57 of Articles Manager installed and you have to create pseudo pages for the articles in Header Tags. This option should then work correctly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

First, and foremost, I would like to thank the authors of this contrib for their hard work and dedication. Good code and excellent support, for free! Who could ask for more?

I would very much like to use this contrib however, I am running into some problems. I am testing this contrib out on a mirror of my site I have set up on my home computer. I am using XAMPP with Apache 2.2.9 and PHP 5.2.6. My live and test site are set up in the root directory. My .htaccess file looks like this:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

My configure.php file looks like this:

<?php
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://localhost');
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://localhost');
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false);
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'localhost');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'localhost');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'C:/xampp/htdocs//');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'root');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'test');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');
?>

The problem I am running into is every link to the catalog has an osCsid appended to the URL and I get an 'Object not found' error. As an example, a URL turns out like this:

http://localhost/a---e-c-31_21.html?osCsid=1c68621f3513aff885fcd6ef77481cdf

As you can tell, not very useful. Any help at all in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and your help.

First, and foremost, I would like to thank the authors of this contrib for their hard work and dedication. Good code and excellent support, for free! Who could ask for more?

I would very much like to use this contrib however, I am running into some problems. I am testing this contrib out on a mirror of my site I have set up on my home computer. I am using XAMPP with Apache 2.2.9 and PHP 5.2.6. My live and test site are set up in the root directory. My .htaccess file looks like this:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

My configure.php file looks like this:

<?php
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://localhost');
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://localhost');
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false);
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'localhost');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'localhost');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'C:/xampp/htdocs//');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'root');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'test');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');
?>

The problem I am running into is every link to the catalog has an osCsid appended to the URL and I get an 'Object not found' error. As an example, a URL turns out like this:

http://localhost/a---e-c-31_21.html?osCsid=1c68621f3513aff885fcd6ef77481cdf

As you can tell, not very useful. Any help at all in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and your help.

I to am having this exact same issue... I've went thru everything and to no resolve... Let me know if you figure it out...

My only difference is that my url looks like this...

http://www.mysite.com/hunter-sticker-484?osCsid.html

Can't figure out where the ?osCsid is comming from..

If you then refresh the page it all works...

Thanks

Jay

Edited by Oggster

I to am having this exact same issue... I've went thru everything and to no resolve... Let me know if you figure it out...

My only difference is that my url looks like this...

http://www.mysite.com/hunter-sticker-484?osCsid.html

Can't figure out where the ?osCsid is comming from..

If you then refresh the page it all works...

Thanks

Jay

Refreshing does not work for me :(

You have to have version 1.57 of Articles Manager installed and you have to create pseudo pages for the articles in Header Tags. This option should then work correctly.

Ok,

Since it's still not working, maybe I also need to update my Header Tags SEO to latest? I now have version 3.0.7 installed.

Thanks.

The admin section gets installed as soons as the contribution is used on the shop side. All you need to do is go to the home page and it should be installed, even if the links don't work. If it isn't showing up in your admin, then you will need to look in your database to see if the changes are being made there or not.

Hi Jack,

I understand how it works, I installed everything step by step as in manual is written. Then I went to home page to refresh the page to install the modul. So I looked to admin and nothing is there installed. So then I looked to database and also no changes were being there. So thats why I dont understand whats wrong.

I did one more thing. From the code I write the manual sql script to put it to database manually. So the rows were imported, BUT when I refresh the page, it automatically delete all the rows with the "SEO" match...belows is the sql code...

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (NULL, 'SEO URLs', 'Options for Ultimate SEO URLs by Chemo', '1', '1', "");

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (NULL, 'Enable SEO URLs?', 'SEO_ENABLED', 'true', 'Enable the SEO URLs?  This is a global setting and will turn them off completely.', "7576", "1", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (NULL, 'Add category parent to product URLs?', 'SEO_ADD_CPATH_TO_PRODUCT_URLS', 'false', 'This setting will append the category parent(s) name to the product URLs (i.e. - parent-some-product-p-1.html).', "7576", "2", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (NULL, 'Add category parent to begining of URLs?', 'SEO_ADD_CAT_PARENT', 'false', 'This setting will add the category parent(s) name to the beginning of the category URLs (i.e. - parent-category-c-1.html).', "7576", "3", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (NULL, 'Filter Short Words', 'SEO_URLS_FILTER_SHORT_WORDS', '3', 'This setting will filter words less than or equal to the value from the URL.', "7576", "4", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (NULL, 'Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)?', 'SEO_URLS_USE_W3C_VALID', 'true', 'This setting will output W3C valid URLs.', "7576", "5", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (NULL, 'Enable SEO cache to save queries?', 'USE_SEO_CACHE_GLOBAL', 'true', 'This is a global setting and will turn off caching completely.', "7576", "6", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (NULL, 'Enable product cache?', 'USE_SEO_CACHE_PRODUCTS', 'true', 'This will turn off caching for the products.', "7576", "7", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (NULL, 'Enable categories cache?', 'USE_SEO_CACHE_CATEGORIES', 'true', 'This will turn off caching for the categories.', "7576", "8", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (NULL, 'Enable manufacturers cache?', 'USE_SEO_CACHE_MANUFACTURERS', 'true', 'This will turn off caching for the manufacturers.', "7576", "9", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Enable all products seo cache?', 'USE_SEO_CACHE_ALL_PRODUCTS', 'true', 'This will turn off caching for the all products seo pages.', "7576", "10", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (NULL, 'Enable articles cache?', 'USE_SEO_CACHE_ARTICLES', 'true', 'This will turn off caching for the articles.', "7576", "11", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (NULL, 'Enable topics cache?', 'USE_SEO_CACHE_TOPICS', 'true', 'This will turn off caching for the article topics.', "7576", "12", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (NULL, 'Enable information cache?', 'USE_SEO_CACHE_INFO_PAGES', 'true', 'This will turn off caching for the information pages.', "7576", "13", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Enable link directory cache?', 'USE_SEO_CACHE_LINKS', 'true', 'This will turn off caching for the link category pages.', "7576", "14", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (NULL, 'Enable automatic redirects?', 'USE_SEO_REDIRECT', 'true', 'This will activate the automatic redirect code and send 301 headers for old to new URLs.', "7576", "15", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (NULL, 'Enable use Header Tags as name?', 'USE_SEO_HEADER_TAGS', 'false', 'This will cause the title set in Header Tags to be used instead of the categories or products name.', "7576", "16", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (NULL, 'Choose URL Rewrite Type', 'SEO_REWRITE_TYPE', 'Rewrite', 'Choose which SEO URL format to use.', "7576", "17", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''Rewrite''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (NULL, 'Enter special character conversions', 'SEO_CHAR_CONVERT_SET', '', 'This setting will convert characters.<br><br>The format <b>MUST</b> be in the form: <b>char=>conv,char2=>conv2</b>', "7576", "18", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (NULL, 'Remove all non-alphanumeric characters?', 'SEO_REMOVE_ALL_SPEC_CHARS', 'false', 'This will remove all non-letters and non-numbers.  This should be handy to remove all special characters with 1 setting.', "7576", "19", NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (NULL, 'Reset SEO URLs Cache', 'SEO_URLS_CACHE_RESET', 'false', 'This will reset the cache data for SEO', "7576", "20", NOW(), NOW(), 'tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''reset'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (NULL, 'Uninstall Ultimate SEO', 'SEO_URLS_DB_UNINSTALL', 'false', 'This will delete all of the entries in the configuration table for SEO', "7576", "21", NOW(), NOW(), 'tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''uninstall'', ''false''),');