• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in /home/xxx/x/x/x/xxxxxx/xxxx/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 2216

Since you didn't state what version you are using, I can only guess at the problem. But assuming you are using v2.2d_5, the problem is most likely that your configure file is not setup correctly. Specifically the DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG definition. If it is empty, that is the problem.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm having this exact prob with Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-5, obviously without the OP urls and site name. Has anyone managed to solve this? I scanned 7 pages forward and found no reference. I tried adding the suggested rewrite into my htaccess (ie RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/index\.php) but that didn't work.

It's a problem with oscommerce, as mentioned in my reply. There is a contribution to fix it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I just added the SEO URLS, which changed the urls very nicely. However, now I cant access the admin section of the website. When I type /admin I get this error in the browser:

http://mywebsite.comdir_ws_http_cataloglogin.php/

The dir_ws_http_catalog part of that is coming from your configure file. It appears not to be setup correctly. Seethis thread.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It's a problem with oscommerce, as mentioned in my reply. There is a contribution to fix it.

Hi Jack

Thanks for the reply. I've got my thick head on today. What reply? This was an old post from 2006. Just looked again and can't see it. Can't find the contrib either

Cheers

ian

Hi Jack

Thanks for the reply. I've got my thick head on today. What reply? This was an old post from 2006. Just looked again and can't see it. Can't find the contrib either

Cheers

ian

Found it!!

For other people who can't find the contrib it's here

Thanks for this very useful ADD-ON.

If Ultimate SEO URLs installed , whether the OSC store have the Anti-Leech ability?

If not , could u give me a suggestion about how to Anti-Leech on OSC store.

Thanks u very much

JUN

Found it!!

For other people who can't find the contrib it's here

Hi, me again

Nope. Spoke too soon. The only way I can get it to work is to make the continue shopping button return to index.php as mentioned in the above contrib.

My live site (without SEO installed) is using this code and that works. Add to cart on product_info, continue shopping and you get redirected to the product listing for that category or sometimes index.php. I copied and pasted this into my new site and it still doesn't work.

<?php
//    $back = sizeof($navigation->path)-2;
//    if (isset($navigation->path[$back])) {
$back = sizeof($navigation->path)-2;

if($navigation->path[$back]['page']=="product_info.php"){
$back = sizeof($navigation->path)-3;
}
if (isset($navigation->path[$back])) {
?>
               <td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link($navigation->path[$back]['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->path[$back]['get'], array('action')), $navigation->path[$back]['mode']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue_shopping.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<?php
   }
?>
               <td align="right" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_checkout.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?></td>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
<?php
 } else {
?>
<!--      <tr>
       <td align="center" class="main"><?php new infoBox(array(array('text' => TEXT_CART_EMPTY))); ?></td>
     </tr> -->
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2">
         <tr>
           <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
               <td align="right" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_HOME) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
<?php
 }
?>

After a bit of digging, it's just the "buy now" button from the contrib "random products" and a "buy now" I've added to "matching products" causing the prob, and yes, I have the fix mentioned in the contrib d/l area installed.

Please, please can I have a fix. I trawled through more posts and I still can't find the reply that Jack mentioned

OK - I hope this is the right place to post this. I have downloaded and installed version 2.8 and it is working very well. The one issue that I have is that searches and sorts seem to present some funky info in the meta data.

I seem to the get the raw sort info pre-pended to the meta data As in:

sort_2d | Pickboy Suncreek Music - Guitar Strings, Picks and More.

The following URL will show you what I mean..

http://www.suncreekmusic.com/pickboy-m-49.html?sort=2d&page=1

I am using a very old version of header_tag_controller and have found that if I comment out the ob_start();

that is recommended, the sort_2d goes away.

Is this an ok 'fix' ?

Any pointers.

Thanks.

I love your site. How did you get the margins of the table to come in so you can see the fretboard background? I've toyed with this a bit and can't get it to cooperate. Very nice.

Hello,

I installed everything on a clean install of oscommerce. I made sure the .htaccess file was correct with my site's cart being in the root directory. My hosting provider informed me that mod_rewrite was on, the admin section works fine but when I click on a product, it shows up as not found. Not sure what it could be.

www.oldfoundry.com

Thank you for any help or ideas,

Jason

I should also mention that my cart isn't in the actual root directory, but installed in the public_html directory... there is no catalog directory

Thanks,

Jason

What version of this contribution are you using? What does your .htaccess contain?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I installed the package at the very top of the list. Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-5

This is on a clean install of oscommerce 2.2 RC2

This is what my .htaccess contains.

# $Id: .htaccess 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

#

# This is used with Apache WebServers

#

# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to

# the AllowOverride configuration

#

# Example:

#

# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">

# AllowOverride Options

# </Directory>

#

# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the

# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the

# following Apache configuration parameter

# AcceptPathInfo On

# Fix certain PHP values

# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain

# servers)

# php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

# php_value register_globals 1

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I was debating about removing this contribution and going with ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media. But all I've done so far was the uninstall button in the admin panel, which didn't seem to do anything but give errors. I'm wondering if the database was modified or not?

The errors in the admin screen were as follows:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/oldfoun1/public_html/admin/configuration.php on line 98

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/oldfoun1/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/oldfoun1/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Really appreciate your help,

Jason

What version of this contribution are you using? What does your .htaccess contain?

I was debating about removing this contribution and going with ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media. But all I've done so far was the uninstall button in the admin panel, which didn't seem to do anything but give errors. I'm wondering if the database was modified or not?

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/oldfoun1/public_html/admin/configuration.php on line 98

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/oldfoun1/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/oldfoun1/public_html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Really appreciate your help,

Jason

USU5 has uninstall instructions, unless that is the latest versions of series 2 have changed the database entries.

First, you said your shop wasn't installed in the root directory but that it was in public_html. That is typically the root directory. So you need to figure out where your shop is located. The easiest way to do that is to visit your site and click on some category. Does the url say your_domain.com/some directory/category name or your_domain.com/category name? You have to adjust the .htaccess file to that.

Next, when you click on the uninstall option in admin, the code is no longer installed so trying to access it in admin will give those errors. If this is a live shop, you have to turn off the option that enables it before using the uninstall or it might get installed again before you are done.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A good little test to see if .htaccess RewriteRules are working, whether you use this series 2 or the new Ultimate Seo Urls 5.

Temporarily remove the .htaccess from the root of your shop and replace with a new .htaccess containing just the following: -

# RewriteBase /  ( If your shop is accessed like www.mysite.com/ )
# RewriteBase /catalog/  ( If your shop is accessed like www.mysite.com/catalog/ )
# RewriteBase /catalog/shop/  ( If your shop is accessed like www.mysite.com/catalog/shop/ )
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase *** CHANGE THIS AS ABOVE ***
RewriteRule ^fwrmedia.php$ index.php?cPath=3

Now try to access your site as www.mysite.com/<maybe a directory/>fwrmedia.php

If the shop accesses as though cPath=3 then it is working.

*** hints ***

1) Make sure you change *** CHANGE THIS AS ABOVE *** :)

2) change cPath=3 to a cPath that actually exists in your shop :)

A good little test to see if .htaccess RewriteRules are working, whether you use this series 2 or the new Ultimate Seo Urls 5.

Temporarily remove the .htaccess from the root of your shop and replace with a new .htaccess containing just the following: -

# RewriteBase /  ( If your shop is accessed like www.mysite.com/ )
# RewriteBase /catalog/  ( If your shop is accessed like www.mysite.com/catalog/ )
# RewriteBase /catalog/shop/  ( If your shop is accessed like www.mysite.com/catalog/shop/ )
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase *** CHANGE THIS AS ABOVE ***
RewriteRule ^fwrmedia.php$ index.php?cPath=3

Now try to access your site as www.mysite.com/<maybe a directory/>fwrmedia.php

If the shop accesses as though cPath=3 then it is working.

*** hints ***

1) Make sure you change *** CHANGE THIS AS ABOVE *** :)

2) change cPath=3 to a cPath that actually exists in your shop :)

I'm having issues with getting this contrib to work as well. I installed everything, but when I turn it on everything blows up. If I try to go to a link I just get a blank page. I swapped out the .htaccess as mentioned above and when I do that I get an internal server error. At that point everything is broken and I have to go in at the db level and disable the contrib. Anybody got any ideas?

I'm having issues with getting this contrib to work as well. I installed everything, but when I turn it on everything blows up. If I try to go to a link I just get a blank page. I swapped out the .htaccess as mentioned above and when I do that I get an internal server error. At that point everything is broken and I have to go in at the db level and disable the contrib. Anybody got any ideas?

Simply means that your server is not set up to accept .htaccess RewriteRules, this is a standard requirement of hosting so have a shout at your hosts.

Note: I'm presuming you are not on a WinDoze server

Edited by FWR Media

Simply means that your server is not set up to accept .htaccess RewriteRules, this is a standard requirement of hosting so have a shout at your hosts.

Note: I'm presuming you are not on a WinDoze server

it's a private server and I have full root, what I do I need to setup?

it's a private server and I have full root, what I do I need to setup?

mod_rewrite must be enabled ( check phpinfo() )

httpd.conf

<Directory />
   Options FollowSymLinks
   AllowOverride All
</Directory>

and don't forget to see my sig for Ultimate Seo Urls 5 ;)

Edited by FWR Media

mod_rewrite must be enabled ( check phpinfo() )

httpd.conf

<Directory />
   Options FollowSymLinks
   AllowOverride All
</Directory>

and don't forget to see my sig for Ultimate Seo Urls 5 ;)

It's there:

Loaded Modules

core prefork http_core mod_so mod_auth_basic mod_auth_digest mod_authn_file mod_authn_alias mod_authn_anon mod_authn_dbm mod_authn_default mod_authz_host mod_authz_user mod_authz_owner mod_authz_groupfile mod_authz_dbm mod_authz_default mod_include mod_log_config mod_logio mod_env mod_ext_filter mod_mime_magic mod_expires mod_deflate mod_headers mod_usertrack mod_setenvif mod_mime mod_dav mod_status mod_autoindex mod_info mod_dav_fs mod_vhost_alias mod_negotiation mod_dir mod_actions mod_speling mod_userdir mod_alias mod_rewrite mod_proxy mod_proxy_balancer mod_proxy_ftp mod_proxy_http mod_proxy_connect mod_cache mod_suexec mod_disk_cache mod_file_cache mod_mem_cache mod_cgi mod_version mod_bw mod_fcgid mod_jk mod_perl mod_php5 mod_proxy_ajp mod_python mod_ssl

It's there:

Loaded Modules

core prefork http_core mod_so mod_auth_basic mod_auth_digest mod_authn_file mod_authn_alias mod_authn_anon mod_authn_dbm mod_authn_default mod_authz_host mod_authz_user mod_authz_owner mod_authz_groupfile mod_authz_dbm mod_authz_default mod_include mod_log_config mod_logio mod_env mod_ext_filter mod_mime_magic mod_expires mod_deflate mod_headers mod_usertrack mod_setenvif mod_mime mod_dav mod_status mod_autoindex mod_info mod_dav_fs mod_vhost_alias mod_negotiation mod_dir mod_actions mod_speling mod_userdir mod_alias mod_rewrite mod_proxy mod_proxy_balancer mod_proxy_ftp mod_proxy_http mod_proxy_connect mod_cache mod_suexec mod_disk_cache mod_file_cache mod_mem_cache mod_cgi mod_version mod_bw mod_fcgid mod_jk mod_perl mod_php5 mod_proxy_ajp mod_python mod_ssl

Yes then httpd.conf!!