• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Quick question...

I have Ultimate SEO working great... Now my question is my URL structure is like this.. /anglerfish-p-208.html

Can I change the -p- to something else... Can I change the "p" to another word...

I uderstand that the -p- is for product and -c- is for category... Just would like to change the abrevation...

Thanks...

I tried editing it in the .htaccess file.. -p- to -test- but does not work.. Stops site from working..

I tried editing it in the .htaccess file.. -p- to -test- but does not work.. Stops site from working..

You would also have to edit the code in includes/classes/sitemap.class.php. Just replace any instance of "-p." (dot included). Once done, be sure to reset cache in admin.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You would also have to edit the code in includes/classes/sitemap.class.php. Just replace any instance of "-p." (dot included). Once done, be sure to reset cache in admin.

I edited the .htaccess file and the seo.class.php file.. Those are the only 2 files that I can find that reference the -p- .... I do not have a includes/classes/sitemap.class.php file..

I've done searches for the "-p." with no luck... I'll keep trying..

I edited the .htaccess file and the seo.class.php file.. Those are the only 2 files that I can find that reference the -p- .... I do not have a includes/classes/sitemap.class.php file..

I've done searches for the "-p." with no luck... I'll keep trying..

I'm sorry, that was a type. You have the correct file. It may not be -p. You will need to search through where the string is built. It might be something like '-'.p.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm sorry, that was a type. You have the correct file. It may not be -p. You will need to search through where the string is built. It might be something like '-'.p.

Figured it out.. You have to change the .htaccess file and also edit the seo.class.php file right under the "//ojp lPath -links- definition" section..

now my url structure went from /anglerfish-p-208.html to /anglerfish-sticker.html much better for SEO... Thanks for the input....

Hi Jim

you are right there was a 'glitch' there which is due to a mod I made to the application_top.php (for testing purpose but forgot to restore). After looking at the notification code & the log in code, it should in fact return to the product info page otherwise the product id may disappear, which results in notification not being added to the account.

Now, it should work as intented.

Ken

I see you straightened that out quick.

That's how I remember mine working. Somehow something along the way broke mine. sad.gif

My server had previously updated to MySQL 5 & PHP 5 and I did all the edits. I remember my host saying they were updating other things too (can't remember what now), wonder if something on my server end could have caused this problem?

I'm starting to feel like a dog chasing his own tail. w00t.gifwacko.gif

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Figured it out.. You have to change the .htaccess file and also edit the seo.class.php file right under the "//ojp lPath -links- definition" section..

now my url structure went from /anglerfish-p-208.html to /anglerfish-sticker.html much better for SEO... Thanks for the input....

Is it anglerfish-sticker.html or anglerfish-sticker-208.html?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi there,

I hope someone can help me out with this one...

I wanted to install a SEO url plugin and couldn't find the necessary code to replace in categories.php.

Am I using an older version of oscommmerce as required?

This is my version:

$Id: categories.php,v 1.2 2004/03/29 00:18:17 ccwjr Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

I couldn't find this code (for step 4 for installing the plugin):

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

I hope you can help me out!

Thanks.

Regards,

Niels

Am I using an older version of oscommmerce as required?

This is my version:

$Id: categories.php,v 1.2 2004/03/29 00:18:17 ccwjr Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

I couldn't find this code (for step 4 for installing the plugin):

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

The version isn't determined that way (see my signature for how to determine the version). But this contribution will work with any version so you just need to find the code. Be sure you are looking at the admin/categories.php file. If so, search it for $action, which has to be there unless someone has rewritten that file, which is very unlikely.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Is it anglerfish-sticker.html or anglerfish-sticker-208.html?

Opps, your right.. Wasn't paying attention.... Is there a way to strip off the -### ?

That would make the perfect URL....

Edited by Oggster

Opps, your right.. Wasn't paying attention.... Is there a way to strip off the -### ?

That would make the perfect URL....

Not in the current version. I plan on adding that option but don't have a date on it. That's why I asked. I hoped you had found a way around it. :)

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I have updated the Ultimate SEO URLs contribution on my website, and now I get the following error, when customers wants to pay with creditcards.

Everything works fine, when I turn off Ultimate SEO URLs in the admin panel.

Please help me :-)

P.s. Where does Ultimate SEO URLs save info in the Mysql database?

Best regards,

Jesper

Message Error Detected

An unrecoverable message error has been detected with the following information:

Integrity test failed!

Your md5check: 2e09d3f245d03efee0c21b465744c87f

Our computed hash: 74acdc809ce0b5af160a33f85a85147b

Please correct the problem and re-submit.

Hi,

I have updated the Ultimate SEO URLs contribution on my website, and now I get the following error, when customers wants to pay with creditcards.

Everything works fine, when I turn off Ultimate SEO URLs in the admin panel.

Please help me :-)

P.s. Where does Ultimate SEO URLs save info in the Mysql database?

Best regards,

Jesper

Message Error Detected

An unrecoverable message error has been detected with the following information:

Integrity test failed!

Your md5check: 2e09d3f245d03efee0c21b465744c87f

Our computed hash: 74acdc809ce0b5af160a33f85a85147b

Please correct the problem and re-submit.

My best guess ( based on very limited info ) is that the md5 check is a hash of the querystring and that the W3C option is converting the string via htmlspecialcharacters() thereby creating a difference in the compared hash.

Does it all work with the W3C option set to off?

hi FWR Meida,

I have turned the w3c option off, and now it all works perfect :-)

Thank you very very much for your advice.

Have a nice weekend.

Best regards,

Jesper

My best guess ( based on very limited info ) is that the md5 check is a hash of the querystring and that the W3C option is converting the string via htmlspecialcharacters() thereby creating a difference in the compared hash.

Does it all work with the W3C option set to off?

i have no idea why do all my links have this -c-78.html instead of the category name or product name

can somebody please help

If you are using my latest version that shouldn't happen. If you are using some other version, then you should upgrade.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have installed Ultimate SEO Urls with the XHTML catalog enhancement. xhtml catalog

Both of them works on a fresh installed RC2a shop, but I can not make them work together :(

I have tried to solve it, but I couldn't...

The only thing I'm sure there source of problem about the second, third, etc parameter passing

since the xhtml shop sends & instead of & and maybe this makes the seo urls class making bad urls,

what can not be processed by the shop.

Also it regenerates the session id on every page load...so I can not put to the shopping cart any product.

I have tried more Ultimate Seo version, curently I'm using: Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_5

Does anybody have any solution ?

I have installed Ultimate SEO Urls with the XHTML catalog enhancement. xhtml catalog

Both of them works on a fresh installed RC2a shop, but I can not make them work together :(

u seo urls works OK with whatever markup standard you use (append oscxhtml10strict to my home page to see example of xhtml1.0 strict with seo urls). but i dont know the seo urls version you are using as I still use mine which is based on the last version posted in june 2005. since it works i never see a reason for "upgrade". seo urls is a simple thing that does not need a complicated or over the top solution. in fact ive removed a lot of code from the seo class this way to make the maintenance of the code easier.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Hi all,

Tried the topic search function (there seem to be a lot of pages to this topic), but still could not find the information I need: does anyone know if there is a simple way to stop this contribution from adding the manufacturer name to the product URLs. Any guidance will be gratefully received.

Cheers,

Paul

Tried the topic search function (there seem to be a lot of pages to this topic), but still could not find the information I need: does anyone know if there is a simple way to stop this contribution from adding the manufacturer name to the product URLs. Any guidance will be gratefully received.

If you are using version 2.2d_5, it doesn't do that. I can't say whether the others do or not.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey guys,

I am getting the following error. I searched the forums and found nothing.

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in /home/xxx/x/x/x/xxxxxx/xxxx/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 2216

At the top of all my pages. And when I add a product to the cart I get the following.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by

Any ideas?

Thanks Tim

How to secure your site. A must read

Major problem with redirects after adding item into shopping cart and then clicking "Continue Shopping".

What is happening is that I can add an item into the shopping cart, which I have three options after that which are: Update Cart, Continue Shopping, and Checkout.

If I click on the "Continue Shopping" it should take me back to the previous category I was in, however, it just sits there, and reviewing my Apache log file, I can see that it is doing a continous 301 redirect because the "Continue Shopping" is not using the redirect link but the actual category.

Here is a snipped from my log file:

www.intotheoven.com - - [02/Mar/2006:12:06:48 -0600] "GET /index.php?products_id=197 HTTP/1.0" 301 5801 "http://www.intotheoven.com/shopping_cart.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)"

www.intotheoven.com - - [02/Mar/2006:12:06:48 -0600] "GET /index.php?products_id=197 HTTP/1.0" 301 5801 "http://www.intotheoven.com/shopping_cart.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)"

www.intotheoven.com - - [02/Mar/2006:12:06:49 -0600] "GET /index.php?products_id=197 HTTP/1.0" 301 5801 "http://www.intotheoven.com/shopping_cart.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)"

I have tried this with both Firefox and IE 7.0.

Any insights, this is almost the last thing I need to fix before going live.

Thanks!

Hi

I'm having this exact prob with Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-5, obviously without the OP urls and site name. Has anyone managed to solve this? I scanned 7 pages forward and found no reference. I tried adding the suggested rewrite into my htaccess (ie RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/index\.php) but that didn't work.

I can't find my log file so can't see if its the same error.

Hope someone can fix this

Cheers

Ian

Jack,

I just wanted to confirm that Filter Short Words doesn't work correctly if Add category parent to product URLs? is set to true. I have Filter Short Words set to 2 in SEO URLs, the category link is correct, it shows /nabidky-sety-c-24.html however the product link is: /nabidky-a-sety-absinthe-gift-set-p-64.html - the letter "a" should not be there. Just a reminder, really.

Edited by mr_absinthe

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

I just added the SEO URLS, which changed the urls very nicely. However, now I cant access the admin section of the website. When I type /admin I get this error in the browser:

http://mywebsite.comdir_ws_http_cataloglogin.php/

Something missing after the .com, but have no idea how or where to fix it.

OK - I hope this is the right place to post this. I have downloaded and installed version 2.8 and it is working very well. The one issue that I have is that searches and sorts seem to present some funky info in the meta data.

I seem to the get the raw sort info pre-pended to the meta data As in:

sort_2d | Pickboy Suncreek Music - Guitar Strings, Picks and More.

The following URL will show you what I mean..

http://www.suncreekmusic.com/pickboy-m-49.html?sort=2d&page=1

I am using a very old version of header_tag_controller and have found that if I comment out the ob_start();

that is recommended, the sort_2d goes away.

Is this an ok 'fix' ?

Any pointers.

Thanks.

-MichaelC