• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Folks,

This contribution is awesome! I have not had any issues with it what so ever. The only item I am in question about is the category meta tag portion. When I add title, keywords, and descriptions to my category meta tag editor, it is not reflected on the category page of my store (http://www.jabcellular.com

Does anyone have any advice as to what I might be or have done wrong? I'm not getting any error messages, it just simply is not taking affect when I make changes.

Thank you,

Alex

Alex Blythe

JAB Cellular - Owner

This contribution is awesome! I have not had any issues with it what so ever. The only item I am in question about is the category meta tag portion. When I add title, keywords, and descriptions to my category meta tag editor, it is not reflected on the category page of my store (http://www.jabcellular.com

Does anyone have any advice as to what I might be or have done wrong? I'm not getting any error messages, it just simply is not taking affect when I make changes.

This contribution doesn't have anything to do with meta tags.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 is available for download.

I've posted it in general contribution support by mistake, so re-posting here:

I've installed Ultimate SEO and I love it.

I have one problem with the redirect rules in the .ataccess file.

I need to add a permanent redirect link from a static page to

a category page:

http://xxxx.com/power-pendants ==> http://xxxx.com/store/power-pendants-c-27.html

What rule do I need to change or add?

When I try to change it - I get an error:

Apache detected an error in the Rewrite config. Syntax error on line 10 of /home/xxxx/public_html/.htaccess.nACJzzIW8v8_gON5vViaRCgVYNb0rbUI:

RedirectMatch takes two or three arguments, an optional status, then a regular expression and destination URL

Please try again.

Help please!

I've posted it in general contribution support by mistake, so re-posting here:

I've installed Ultimate SEO and I love it.

I have one problem with the redirect rules in the .ataccess file.

I need to add a permanent redirect link from a static page to

a category page:

http://xxxx.com/power-pendants ==> http://xxxx.com/store/power-pendants-c-27.html

What rule do I need to change or add?

When I try to change it - I get an error:

Apache detected an error in the Rewrite config. Syntax error on line 10 of /home/xxxx/public_html/.htaccess.nACJzzIW8v8_gON5vViaRCgVYNb0rbUI:

RedirectMatch takes two or three arguments, an optional status, then a regular expression and destination URL

Please try again.

Help please!

Because you didnt have any unique value or key which can be used to map the old structure to the new one

mod_rewrite will fail.

Only way to solve your issue is, that you add some additional code snippets into f.e. application top and

read the categorie-id from the database by using the old categorie name comparing with categores_name

. After then you can construct the new url by using ultimate seo and make an 301 redirect by using Header

function within php to tell search engines that the page have moved.

Hope this will help you

ups Sorry - if you know your categorie ID and would like to route only that one you can do it by htacces

something like that should work based on your RewriteBase settings

RewriteRule ^(.*)power-pendants$ index.php?cPath=27&%{QUERY_STRING} [R=301]

RewriteRule ^(.*)power-pendants$ store/index.php?cPath=27&%{QUERY_STRING} [R=301]

Edited by shetani

Hi,

I have just installed the Ultimate Seo Urls contribution and it seemed to be fine but when I clicked on a product, it redirected back to me index page instead of going through to the product page. When I hover over the product link I can see that the seo url is working as it has changed the url to the product name but the link goes to the index page?

I would appreciate it if anyone could offer some advice.

Thanks, Chris

Hi,

I have just installed the Ultimate Seo Urls contribution and it seemed to be fine but when I clicked on a product, it redirected back to me index page instead of going through to the product page. When I hover over the product link I can see that the seo url is working as it has changed the url to the product name but the link goes to the index page?

I would appreciate it if anyone could offer some advice.

Thanks, Chris

Looks like issues with mod_rewrite and your htaccess file

Hi Jack.

I have a problem with seo.class.php (Ultimate Seo Urls v2.7 (17 Mar 2009))

Some times when open product page it show many errors in seo.class.php in line 1180

if (strpos($origUrl, $catalog) !== FALSE)

After renew page all show good.

How can fix it?

ARGOshka

Edited by juri.s

Hi Jack.

I have a problem with seo.class.php (Ultimate Seo Urls v2.7 (17 Mar 2009))

I only support my versions so I can't help you with that one.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_convert_case() in /home/userp/public_html/mydomain.com/clean/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1819

I went to that line and removed it and now it works..is that ok?

I installed it and something works but not all of it. My URL are like this:

http://www.mysite.com/-p-46.html

It doesnt display the products name? what should i do?

That's usually either due to the version you are using or you need to clear cache in admin->Configuration->SEO URLs. Try clearing cache first. If that doesn't work, try using my latest version (just replace the includes/classes/seo_class.php file).

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's usually either due to the version you are using or you need to clear cache in admin->Configuration->SEO URLs. Try clearing cache first. If that doesn't work, try using my latest version (just replace the includes/classes/seo_class.php file).

Jack

Jack,

Thanks for the fast reply. I do have the latest version installed: v2.8. I went to reset SEO URLS cache and still nothing. Also in the seo_class.php file on line 1819 i have an error.

$anchor = ereg_replace($pattern, '', mb_convert_case($string, MB_CASE_LOWER, "utf-8"));

If i remove this error goes away and website works fine but with that line i get an error on my index page and all other pages.

Here is my url: http://www.icyhats.com/-p-50.html

You see it only shows -p-50.html and product name is not showing up.

I do have couple modification done from other contributions, would that be a problem?

hi Jack,

I can see Filter short word option is useful. However, I have this problem, if I am selling t-shirt, t would be filtered out and become shirt. I can turn the option off, but other words like "of" "in" and "the" etc would be included. Is there a way to make exceptions for certain words?

Thanks

sand

Jack,

Thanks for the fast reply. I do have the latest version installed: v2.8. I went to reset SEO URLS cache and still nothing.

Many of the versions have problems so I only support my versions. You can upload my last version or wait for whoever wrote that version to reply.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi Jack,

I can see Filter short word option is useful. However, I have this problem, if I am selling t-shirt, t would be filtered out and become shirt. I can turn the option off, but other words like "of" "in" and "the" etc would be included. Is there a way to make exceptions for certain words?

Thanks

sand

Not in the current code. An array of such words could be created and then that could be compared against although I'm not sure how much that would affect performance. If the list were long and there were hundred or so links on the page, it could end up slowing things down quite a bit. But it can be added as an option that won't affect others so I will do that with the next version.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

For future references, if anyone is having problem with Ultimate SEO URL which also have the Integrate Wordpress Contribution installed. Remove your integrate wordpress contribution!!! I spent a week trying to figure out if my apache configurations, .htaccess, php.ini, seo.class.php, index.php was having problem; looking through every line of codes and did multiple tests and trial and error. Then I remember someone else mentioned he/she was having the same issue whom has integrate wordpress installed so I removed that contribution and everything works fine now. Taking a look at the code from integrate wordpress contrib, there are numerous errors in the code. Hope this will help someone avoid many hours of headache in the future.

Many of the versions have problems so I only support my versions. You can upload my last version or wait for whoever wrote that version to reply.

Jack

Jack,

I do have your version. I have other addons from other contributors by they have nothing to do with SEO URL. I sent you a PM...thanks

Jack,

I do have your version. I have other addons from other contributors by they have nothing to do with SEO URL. I sent you a PM...thanks

Your previous post said you were using version 2.8. Please confirm which version you have and explain the problem again.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

For some reason I cant get rid of my osCsid I am using Jack Version Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-3 Any ideas ?

That's usually due to the configure file not being setup correctly. You can find the fix in this thread or post the first 15 lines or so of your configure file and I will take a look at it. Don't post your database login data.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's usually due to the configure file not being setup correctly. You can find the fix in this thread or post the first 15 lines or so of your configure file and I will take a look at it. Don't post your database login data.

Jack

I did manage to fix it by forcing cookies. Should I have it enabled ?