• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Note to Chemo since he doesn't take private messages:

Chemo -

just a quick note to thank you (and raise a beer to you!) for the excellent contrib Ultimate SEO URLs. I just downloaded v21d_updated which someone else had recently uploaded to make things less cumbersome and truer to your original contrib.

Haven't had many contribs that easy to install; and certainly haven't had many providing this type of value.

After being delighted by the easy install and instant success, I was almost overcome with joy (almost ;-) ) when I did a ?profile=on Quickly found why my pages were so doggy because the analysis pointed to me to a couple of items I could tie back to two other specific contributions which I shall now tweak!

Thanks again

Chris S.

Very nice to see a comment like this (I'm "somebody" btw) Chemo wrote over 2000 lines of code and it still works as well as the day it was coded. You ought to check out his other contributions .. they are all pretty much guaranteed to be solid and to work with each other.

I'm using Ultimate SEO URLs 2.2.2e FIXED and I've limited the category pages to show a max of 8 items. I now find that the 'Next' link no longer works, the hyperlink seems to be correct, but I'm assuming the .htaccess rewrite, from SEO URL's, is forcing the original page, as opposed the 'next' page, to be displayed when 'Next' is clicked.

To see what I mean, please look at http://www.mariessoftfurnishings.co.uk/cus...on-c-21_22.html (this is a live store).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how resolve. Any help most appreciated.

Very nice to see a comment like this (I'm "somebody" btw) Chemo wrote over 2000 lines of code and it still works as well as the day it was coded. You ought to check out his other contributions .. they are all pretty much guaranteed to be solid and to work with each other.

"Somebody" Robert - yes, thank you very much. sometimes it gets pretty confusing trying to figure out which of the numerous little and big bug fixes to apply to any given contribution! You cleared that up for me with yours!!! THanks Robert!!

A really basic question from a newbie:

What is the end benefit of this contribution? More pages can be indexed by SEs? Easier, more appealing web addresses for customers? I think I understand what it does, now I'm trying to explain its importance.

Thanks, and sorry for the softball question, but I'm trying to learn.

Ryan

A really basic question from a newbie:

What is the end benefit of this contribution? More pages can be indexed by SEs? Easier, more appealing web addresses for customers? I think I understand what it does, now I'm trying to explain its importance.

Thanks, and sorry for the softball question, but I'm trying to learn.

Ryan

Everyone is gunning for more seo clout and keywords in the url "currently" do help.

Hello

i have installed Ultimate SEO URLs 2.2.2e FIXED Full Package dated 9Feb2008 and i get this strange urls when my browser cache is deleted:

web-20-c-84.html?osCsid=49277a6a3c9df4556fe2d793930274bc

Also google spider finds those urls too, although my sitemap file does not have them

any ideas?thanks

please?

please?

Turn on prevent spider sessions in admin .. also set recreate sessions to true.

A stronger solution is to force cookie use but it has its own issues.

Hi,

I'm using Must Agree Terms quite a time.

Recently I installed Ultimate_SEO_URLs 2.2.2eFIXEDReload.

Looked very nice, but there ist one problem:

In the checkout_payment.php the customer has to confirm the terms by checking.

If the customer doesn't confirm, an error-massage will be shown at the top of the same pages.

With activated Ultimate_SEO_URLs, the customer will be redirected to the login.php, - which is not really helpfull :-(

If I understand it right, the following code in the checkout_confirmation.php is responsible for the wrong redirection to the login.php:

if (DISPLAY_CONDITIONS_ON_CHECKOUT == 'true') {

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['conditions'] == false) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(ERROR_CONDITIONS_NOT_ACCEPTED), 'SSL', true, false));

I assume the redirection problem is caused by the error-message in the URL, looking like that:

https://ssl...shop.com/catalog/checkout_pay...cb9c43f0a686c6f

May you can solve this problem???

Thanks a lot,

Ecki

Hi,

I'm using Must Agree Terms quite a time.

Recently I installed Ultimate_SEO_URLs 2.2.2eFIXEDReload.

Looked very nice, but there ist one problem:

In the checkout_payment.php the customer has to confirm the terms by checking.

If the customer doesn't confirm, an error-massage will be shown at the top of the same pages.

With activated Ultimate_SEO_URLs, the customer will be redirected to the login.php, - which is not really helpfull :-(

If I understand it right, the following code in the checkout_confirmation.php is responsible for the wrong redirection to the login.php:

if (DISPLAY_CONDITIONS_ON_CHECKOUT == 'true') {

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['conditions'] == false) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(ERROR_CONDITIONS_NOT_ACCEPTED), 'SSL', true, false));

I assume the redirection problem is caused by the error-message in the URL, looking like that:

https://ssl...shop.com/catalog/checkout_pay...cb9c43f0a686c6f

May you can solve this problem???

Thanks a lot,

Ecki

I think this is the & problem in functions/general.php .. search the thread for the answer.

That was it :-)

Thanks again!!

Ecki

Hi,

an other Problem has shown up :-(

The Links from the manufactures-box lead to a redirection error.

The URLs look like this:

http://www.shop.com/catalog/manufacture%AE-m-19.html

The line in the .htacces looks like this:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I tried this one to:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Looks like there is a blank after the manufacturers name, but I dont't find where it comes from!?

Any Tip ??

Thanks,

Ecki

Hi,

an other Problem has shown up :-(

The Links from the manufactures-box lead to a redirection error.

The URLs look like this:

http://www.shop.com/catalog/manufacture%AE-m-19.html

The line in the .htacces looks like this:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I tried this one to:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Looks like there is a blank after the manufacturers name, but I dont't find where it comes from!?

Any Tip ??

Thanks,

Ecki

Hi,

I solved the problem.

It was the rigistered Sine: ® I made ® out of it...

Ecki

Hello! I installed Ultimate SEO urls (chemo's original version reposted by FWR Media - thank you). Anyway, it worked like a charm and my ranking for specific items is always first page, first 5. Somehow the links reverted to http://mysite.com/product_info.php?cPath=2...4455e895b453019. How do I fix this? I tried retracing my steps and reinstalling but it's not working. Thanks for any help.

And if Chemo wasn't banned I would tell him that I stopped advertising on Google and get more traffic and conversions that I ever did since installing this (when it was still working). I had more sales in 3 weeks since installing this than I had in 2 months. I really appreciate it.

If at first you don't succeed, restore your backup files!

Hello! I installed Ultimate SEO urls (chemo's original version reposted by FWR Media - thank you). Anyway, it worked like a charm and my ranking for specific items is always first page, first 5. Somehow the links reverted to http://mysite.com/product_info.php?cPath=2...4455e895b453019. How do I fix this? I tried retracing my steps and reinstalling but it's not working. Thanks for any help.

And if Chemo wasn't banned I would tell him that I stopped advertising on Google and get more traffic and conversions that I ever did since installing this (when it was still working). I had more sales in 3 weeks since installing this than I had in 2 months. I really appreciate it.

The information you supply doesn't give me anything to go on. USU doesn't "just stop working".

Did you recently change includes/general.php? go back over the install instructions and make sure the code edits are in place.

I understand that the manufacturers drop down menu does not produce friendly SEO URLs despite having the SEO contribution installed.

Instead of this ...

www.mydomain.co.uk/manifacturername-m-13.html

It produces this ...

www.mydomain.co.uk/index.php?manufacturers_id=13

However, I have seen example sites where it does work but despite hunting high and low, I can't find an example of the code needed to fix it.

Can someone help, please?

I understand that the manufacturers drop down menu does not produce friendly SEO URLs despite having the SEO contribution installed.

Instead of this ...

www.mydomain.co.uk/manifacturername-m-13.html

It produces this ...

www.mydomain.co.uk/index.php?manufacturers_id=13

However, I have seen example sites where it does work but despite hunting high and low, I can't find an example of the code needed to fix it.

Can someone help, please?

USU produces seo links fine for manufacturers_id links, perhaps you have the wrong version installed.

Getting rid of cpath for product_info.php pages and at the same time preserve product category

Hi,

I have a question concerning the cpath get variable:

When I turn "Add cPath to product URLs?" to false, I get the wrong

category for some products that appear in multiple categories.

Likewise the "$current_category_id" variable within product_info.php

is often wrong.

When I turn "Add cPath to product URLs?" to true everything works fine

but I believe that this will create duplicate content since g00gle will

probably think that "great-product.html?cPath=1" and "great-product.html?cPath=2"

are different pages with the same content.

So here's my question:

Is there any other known way to get the cpath variable into product_info.php

WITHOUT turning "Add cPath to product URLs?" to true?

One way I can think of is to store this variable in the session, but I

do not really want to dig that deep into oscommerce if there

is a more convenient way for solving this issue.

Thanks and best regards,

Jens

Getting rid of cpath for product_info.php pages and at the same time preserve product category

Hi,

I have a question concerning the cpath get variable:

When I turn "Add cPath to product URLs?" to false, I get the wrong

category for some products that appear in multiple categories.

Likewise the "$current_category_id" variable within product_info.php

is often wrong.

When I turn "Add cPath to product URLs?" to true everything works fine

but I believe that this will create duplicate content since g00gle will

probably think that "great-product.html?cPath=1" and "great-product.html?cPath=2"

are different pages with the same content.

So here's my question:

Is there any other known way to get the cpath variable into product_info.php

WITHOUT turning "Add cPath to product URLs?" to true?

One way I can think of is to store this variable in the session, but I

do not really want to dig that deep into oscommerce if there

is a more convenient way for solving this issue.

Thanks and best regards,

Jens

don't know a solution for this but my cpath is turned off and they still show...until it catches the page

don't know a solution for this but my cpath is turned off and they still show...until it catches the page

USU produces cPath as mygreatcategory-c-2_19.html

There shouldn't be a ?cPath on the end of the querystring

Edited by FWR Media

Hi,

I have installed Ultimate_SEO_URLSv21d_UPDATED. I thought at first that all went well. I had a closer look and the following problems have arisen.

If a customer is looking at a product and decides to change currencies ex: euro to USD then they will get a product not found.

I have subjects instead of manufacturers as I sell art. If they select a subject (abstract, sunset etc) then they are redirected to the catalog page but subjects are not loaded.

If they select Greek language then urls look funny like http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/ΓΓ½Γ...Γ-p-773.html

I didn't install the validation since it says to get seo urls working first. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I'll wait if someone has more experience before I experiment and possibly make a mess of things...

I also have a googlefeeder so I need to see what changes I have to make there too but I would start with getting this contribution working on my site first.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Hi,

I have installed Ultimate_SEO_URLSv21d_UPDATED. I thought at first that all went well. I had a closer look and the following problems have arisen.

[...]

If they select Greek language then urls look funny like http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/ΓΓ½Γ...Γ-p-773.html

[...]

artstyle, when you open a thread, please refrain from posting again about the same subject in another thread *without* pointing an url to it, especially if there is already a reply : http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1241379

Cheers.