• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I installed the very latest version of this product today... checked it, double checked it, and still don't have the "Configuration => SEO URLs" option in my Admin... I have the "search engine friendly URL" option, but when turned on, anything I click on returns me to the home page of my catalog... No options are in my categories to change descriptions...

I just installed the latest version myself, and I am having exact the same problem--can't find any "SEO URLs" options on the admin side, and my links do not look any different. What's the magic fix, Emmett? :)

-Mike

I just installed the latest version myself, and I am having exact the same problem--can't find any "SEO URLs" options on the admin side, and my links do not look any different. What's the magic fix, Emmett? :)

Nevermind, I fixed it -- operator error (obviously!)

-Mike

This issue normally occurs if you have not added, from Step 4, the function:

tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls

or have placed it in the catalog general.php file rather than the admin side general.php file.

Your online success is Paramount.

Regarding Latest contribution uploaded: stu2000 22 Nov 2006

Have I missed something here? Yes Chemo's 2.1d 'was' the most stable version before people stated to pay around with it BUT since then Emmett has added category and products to the SEO URL mod and taken it a step further - but the last contribution uploaded is going back to an older version with a statement saying that people are getting errors by using Emmett's version...

If there are any people getting errors then it was an error on their part while adding the contribution because everyone seems to have resolved their issues - if there is a problem please post here so we can all try to help each other - thanks

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Aleem and Emmett, I send my apologies, I have contacted the contrib moderators and have asked for my release to be removed, I do agree its a step backwards and did remove emmetts mods, so have asked for this to be removed.

Hello Stuart,

The error/issue you mention is primarily due to:

---

If Step 4 from the install instructions (tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) has not been added or it has been placed in the catalog general.php file rather than the admin side general.php file.

---

Strange that a few people now have missed it - i'll check the install instructions and see if it needs re-wording.

Cheers,

Emmett

Your online success is Paramount.

I have PM'ed "wheeloftime" stating my error and have asked for my part to be removed to avoid any confusion.

no probs stu2000 :thumbsup:

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hello!

Great contrib! Very much help! But i have a small problem with it! I have the latest Ultimate SEO url's installed on my site www.s1s.ro and the links appear strange: http://www.s1s.ro/accesorii-c-6-html?osCsi...1682eb06ff9ebc0 ...what is that? I've read tons of post on this contribution's support and i can't find anything! Please help! Many many thanks in advance :(

Hello!

Great contrib! Very much help! But i have a small problem with it! I have the latest Ultimate SEO url's installed on my site www.s1s.ro and the links appear strange: http://www.s1s.ro/accesorii-c-6-html?osCsi...1682eb06ff9ebc0 ...what is that? I've read tons of post on this contribution's support and i can't find anything! Please help! Many many thanks in advance :(

if you are taking about the text that follows "osCsid...." then basically you need to manually update your site to the November 2005 update to kill your session ID's.

You can click here to get it: osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051112 Documentation

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

if you are taking about the text that follows "osCsid...." then basically you need to manually update your site to the November 2005 update to kill your session ID's.

You can click here to get it: osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051112 Documentation

I am having similar problems and errors. I am sure my site is updated to the latest osCommerce. How do I manually load files to kill my sessions, or how do I set my configuration??

Thanks,

Rod

hello,

contrip works. without problems i can see.

@chooch

do i need the

"You can click here to get it: osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051112 Documentation"

how can i found out if i need this or see if i got session problems ?

other question:

which version i should use or which version is bether for seo from seo-urls ?

if i will change a articel name or rename / delete a category a product with maybe PR 3 how can i use this PR for a onther product or category ?

maybe by .htaccess but i am not sure how-to.

i hope someone know a answer to my questions.

thanks

bg

Michael

I am having similar problems and errors. I am sure my site is updated to the latest osCommerce. How do I manually load files to kill my sessions, or how do I set my configuration??

Thanks,

Rod

then you obviuosly haven't installed it properly.

CHOOCH

@chooch

do i need the

"You can click here to get it: osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051112 Documentation"

how can i found out if i need this or see if i got session problems ?

Well if you read the post that you are querying someone asked why they were getting osCsids.... if you read the post yourself and have the same problem then yes click the link and make the adjustments manually to your site - if you are not getting the osCsids then you do not need to do it - self explanatory!

other question:

which version i should use or which version is bether for seo from seo-urls ?

2.1d or Emmett's version (I reccomend Emmett's because it is 2.1d PLUS category and product SEO URL's)

if i will change a articel name or rename / delete a category a product with maybe PR 3 how can i use this PR for a onther product or category ?

thanks

if you are refering to article manager then you should have read the previous pages and a half or so and you would see that this question was already asked and answered.

As for PR, what's that?

You really need to read a few pages back of the recents posts before posting repetitve questions expecting an answer when some of the questions have been answered already!

Hope that helps - good luck

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

thanks

bg

Michael

Its debatable if the Google PR transfers to new url but you can put the following redirect statement in your .htaccess

Redirect 301 /oldfilename.html http://www.yourdomainname.com/newfilename.html

THis is a simple server header to tell Google or other search engine bots that the old page have been moved permanently which it then updates in its index.

You can check server header on sites like these http://oy-oy.eu/page/headers/ - to make sure the correct response is being sent

Hope that helps

Edited by cloudchaser

I've had a problem with SEO version 2 code onwards. I installed the latest 2.1c code and it worked fine on one site. I installed it on another and it seemed to work fine, but when an order was placed, the insert_id came back as 0 so the order information was broken in the tables. This happened on any insert like making a customer account, but didn't happen on the back end admin (no SEO.class.php).

Eventually I tracked it down. The SEO class from v2 onwards insists on writing its own DB wrapper function and making its own DB connection. I don't know why this would cause a problem on my setup, but when I replaced the class functions with calls to the tep_db (OSC) built-in functions, it started working.

I don't need any help, but thought it best to write down and I'd love to know why my MySQL config had these problems with the SEO code.

Graith

Hello!

I have installed Ultimate SEO on my bilingual site and it translate links fine.

Both Polish and German google indexed my page.

The problem is:

Google.de indexed german link with polish content and both german and polish links have polish content.

The only one page indexed in german language is: www. mysite.eu/index.php?language=de

All i want to do is to let '?language=xx' variable in every address.

It will solve all my problems with unproper indexing.

What to change and where to have the language variable at the end of every address?

Thanks for your help

Adam

Hello, it's me again.

I've discovered that the sid's remaining in my url are not the first thing i should worry - maby i can sort this out with a sid killer.

The biggest problem is this: I add something in the shopping cart, it displays my shopping cart and then if i click on continue shopping it gives me a "The page isn't redirecting properly" page. This is happening because of the Ultimate seo url's, because if i disable it from the administration panel the "continue shopping" button works. I have installed and uninstalled this contribution at least 4 times, each time with different versions. What am I doing wrong? :angry:

As the latest versions of the contribution have been removed, everyone who wants to add this contribution needs to hold out until a working example can be uploaded.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

As the latest versions of the contribution have been removed, everyone who wants to add this contribution needs to hold out until a working example can be uploaded.

Hi,

Chemo's official 2.1d WAS a fully working example.

The comments in the contrib area said they were removed because they were under Open Public License and NOT GPL. However, Chemo's 2.1d that he game me and then I put in the contrib area IS under GPL and NOT Open Public License. So I have no idea what the admins were going on about.

Anyway, I double-checked ALL the code and it is DEFINATELY under GLP, so I have resubmitted it.

Regards,

Chris

Hi,

Chemo's official 2.1d WAS a fully working example.

The comments in the contrib area said they were removed because they were under Open Public License and NOT GPL. However, Chemo's 2.1d that he game me and then I put in the contrib area IS under GPL and NOT Open Public License. So I have no idea what the admins were going on about.

Anyway, I double-checked ALL the code and it is DEFINATELY under GLP, so I have resubmitted it.

Regards,

Chris

and has been removed....

The headers/documented parts of the package are under the OPL and NOT GPL. The whole package including the actual code parts will revert back to OPL when comments/headers are changed so you can't actually call that GPL.

Regards,

Howard

and has been removed....

The headers/documented parts of the package are under the OPL and NOT GPL. The whole package including the actual code parts will revert back to OPL when comments/headers are changed so you can't actually call that GPL.

Regards,

Howard

Hi Howard,

I am completely confused.

The following files are included in the package, and here are the licensing information for each file:

\upload\includes\classes\seo.class.php

* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License

\upload\admin\includes\reset_seo_cache.php

|| # This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or # ||

|| # modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License # ||

|| # as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 # ||

|| # of the License, or (at your option) any later version. # ||

|| # # ||

|| # This script is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, # ||

|| # but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of # ||

|| # MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the # ||

|| # GNU General Public License for more details. # ||