• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I'm having problems getting redirects to work in my .htaccess.

I'm trying to send all non-www traffic to my www domain but I cannot get it to work. Is the redirect for the URLs stopping this or is there something I should add ??

I don't know if I am posting this in the right section or not, but I want to use your Ulitimate SEO URL's contribution with headter tags controller, but am not sure what I need to do to get it to work. Can you please help me?

Looking at the link you provided when you hit the "Buy Now" button your URL has the following http://....../shopping_cart.php?sort=2a&osCsid=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The & should NOT be there it should be a &. Try this.. in /includes/functions/general.php find

// Redirect to another page or site

function tep_redirect($url) {

/*****START_REPLACE_&_WITH_&*****/

$url = preg_replace('/&/','&',$url);

/*****END_REPLACE_&_WITH_&*****/

if ( (strstr($url, "\n") != false) || (strstr($url, "\r") != false) ) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL', false));

}

if ( (ENABLE_SSL == true) && (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ) { // We are loading an SSL page

if (substr($url, 0, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)) == HTTP_SERVER) { // NONSSL url

$url = HTTPS_SERVER . substr($url, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)); // Change it to SSL

}

}

header('Location: ' . $url);

tep_exit();

}

This is the change

/*****START_REPLACE_&_WITH_&*****/

$url = preg_replace('/&/','&',$url);

/*****END_REPLACE_&_WITH_&*****/

There could be other reasons that the & is showing instead of &. Try this out first.

-Marizka

Thank you, Marizka. You are the greatest angel to me now - your lighting response was dead on. I aspire to be the same skill level as you someday. I am trying with QuantaPlus to understand more. Osc is a very large and complex application for me as I'm coming from the dumb terminal, monolithic, top-down, System V/C/ESQL/RDBMS programming era of the early 1990's. I know I'm off topic.

Just wanted to tell you how grateful I am to you personally, kind sir. It's taken 10 months to get here, and I know I'd still be just dreaming if it wasn't for stumbling onto the wealth here in open source and your selfless gift to me. The open source experience almost renews my belief in humanity - outsiders don't realize any of this is going on.

As an entry level, I will demonstrate my support financially to all the high-grade contributions implemented that asked for it, even if my venture flops. And to encourage other newbies to show appreciation for all the kind and generous folks giving us the tech support we enjoy HERE FREE and the fantastic utilities they create for us to download as "our contributions" with some contributions of ours to those dedicated folks planning and working on still more "contributions" toward our success.

Thank you, Marizka. You are the soul of Open Source GPL my friend.

Mj

I have most of my site go supplemental too including the issue with the popup images being spidered by Google while ignorning the actual product page.

I am monitoring things closely and am currently undecided if the Ultimate SEO url contrib. is osmehow hindering the indexing of my site.

Wondering if you have had any more thoughts on this? My site is also trapped in "supplemental hell" since the big daddy Google update.

- osCommerce is fun! -

Hi,

My SEO URL's have stopped working, i currently get this http://www.chapelradiocontrol.com/shop/-c-38.html

as one of my URL's

Now i've had a lot of problem with my hosting company, and they have just upgraded mysql to V5, would this be the problem, any ideas what i can do to fix it?

Thanks

Daz

ignore me, even though i had v2.2.2 installed it didn't have the mysql 5 stuff with it, downloaded it and it's now working :D

I had solved the problem with Ajax_shoping_cart. Now, Ultimate SEO URL v2.1d works well on my website. But, i see that after install this contribution, my site is loaded slower 25-40% ! How to increase the performance ?

For who use Ajax_shoping_cart contribution, after install Ultimate SEO, there some problem when add to cart. I has fix like this:

In catalog/ncludes/classes/seo.class.php

find:

switch(true){
	case (!isset($_SESSION['customer_id']) && defined('ENABLE_PAGE_CACHE') && ENABLE_PAGE_CACHE == 'true' && class_exists('page_cache')):
		$page_cache = true;
		$return = $link . $separator . '<osCsid>';
		break;
	case (isset($_sid)):
		$page_cache = false;
		$return = $link . $separator . $_sid;
		break;
	default:
		$page_cache = false;
		$return = $link;
		break;
} # end switch

replace:

switch(true){
	case (!isset($_SESSION['customer_id']) && defined('ENABLE_PAGE_CACHE') && ENABLE_PAGE_CACHE == 'true' && class_exists('page_cache')):
		$page_cache = true;
		$link_ajax = '';
if( tep_not_null($parameters) && preg_match("/buy_now/i", $parameters) && $page != 'ajax_shopping_cart.php'){
  $link_ajax = '" onclick="doBuyNowGet(\'' . tep_href_link( 'ajax_shopping_cart.php', $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id, $search_engine_safe) . '\'); return false;';
}
$return = $link . $separator . '<osCsid>' . $link_ajax;
		break;
	case (isset($_sid)):
		$page_cache = true;
		$link_ajax = '';
if( tep_not_null($parameters) && preg_match("/buy_now/i", $parameters) && $page != 'ajax_shopping_cart.php'){
  $link_ajax = '" onclick="doBuyNowGet(\'' . tep_href_link( 'ajax_shopping_cart.php', $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id, $search_engine_safe) . '\'); return false;';
}
$return = $link . $separator . $_sid . $link_ajax;
		break;
	default:
		$page_cache = true;
$link_ajax = '';
}
$return = $link . $link_ajax;
		break;
} # end switch

Paint for VietNamese :

Hey everyBody,

I just download a last version, yesudo 14 Oct 2006

In additional itstall instruction says,

Run the following sql on your store database:

ALTER TABLE `categories_description` ADD `categories_seo_url` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `products_description` ADD `products_seo_url` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL;

How I suppose to do that?? I need a create a file? and run it??

One more, next line is

admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_SEO_URL', 'Products SEO URL:');
 define('TEXT_EDIT_CATEGORIES_SEO_URL', 'Category SEO URL:');
 define('TEXT_CATEGORIES_SEO_URL', 'Category SEO URL:');

I suppose to add this lines? but where exactly?

thanks a lot,

Hey everyBody,

I just download a last version, yesudo 14 Oct 2006

In additional itstall instruction says,

Run the following sql on your store database:

ALTER TABLE `categories_description` ADD `categories_seo_url` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `products_description` ADD `products_seo_url` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL;

How I suppose to do that?? I need a create a file? and run it??

One more, next line is

admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_SEO_URL', 'Products SEO URL:');
 define('TEXT_EDIT_CATEGORIES_SEO_URL', 'Category SEO URL:');
 define('TEXT_CATEGORIES_SEO_URL', 'Category SEO URL:');

I suppose to add this lines? but where exactly?

thanks a lot,

For the database insert - do it via something like phpMyAdmin - which you may find a link to in your host's control panel.

For the language edits put them in the file before the last ?>

Your online success is Paramount.

I really like what this contrib. can achieve :) However.....

I've loaded two versions of this contrib. The first from yesudo dated 11 Sep 2006 and the second from Tornadoburn.com dated 8 Dec 2005 Version 2.1d

Both the above gave good urls' but messed up the ordering process :(

If an order was placed from the category list of products, the product would appear in the cart. But going to the checkout, then bouncing back to log-in, the cart would empty. The process would work okay from the product page. Basically the category list of products would cause problems with the shopping process.

In frustration of not being able to sort out the above problems, I've removed the contrib.

Can anyone shed any light on why I was encountering these problems, and hopefully how to make good?

Which is the most reliable/stable version I should use, hopefully one which won't cause my cart problems.

Thanks in advance for comments and help :D

I really like what this contrib. can achieve :) However.....

I've loaded two versions of this contrib. The first from yesudo dated 11 Sep 2006 and the second from Tornadoburn.com dated 8 Dec 2005 Version 2.1d

Both the above gave good urls' but messed up the ordering process :(

If an order was placed from the category list of products, the product would appear in the cart. But going to the checkout, then bouncing back to log-in, the cart would empty. The process would work okay from the product page. Basically the category list of products would cause problems with the shopping process.

In frustration of not being able to sort out the above problems, I've removed the contrib.

Can anyone shed any light on why I was encountering these problems, and hopefully how to make good?

Which is the most reliable/stable version I should use, hopefully one which won't cause my cart problems.

Thanks in advance for comments and help :D

Please read the previous page in this thread. Your answer is there MANY MANY times.

Regards,

Chris

i couldn't get this to work on osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 060817, which is the latest download from this site.

it produced the seo urls but they always gave me a cannot find page on server error.

is there a new version that works with osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 060817?

thanks,

chris

i couldn't get this to work on osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 060817, which is the latest download from this site.

it produced the seo urls but they always gave me a cannot find page on server error.

is there a new version that works with osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 060817?

thanks,

chris

Hi, What version of the Ultimate SEO URL's did you use? DId you use Chemos Official 2.1d that I put in the contrib area?

Regards,

Chris

I want to do translit?

?=>a

?=>b

?=>v

?=>g

As I can do this? In what file must I translit add?

Thanks!

Do you know how I can translate a space between two words to a hyphen for the URL?

Greetings

Berrick

Edited by b.payne

thanks,

chris

it's the top most / recent download from the contrib page; changelog in the zip has "... Version 2.2.1 ..."

i take it chemo's official 2.1d is my best option?

thanks,

chris

The server error page is usually indicative of either:

.htaccess file not being in place.

.haccess file has wrong store path in it.

mod_rewrite is not switched on or is not allowed, on your server.

Your online success is Paramount.

The server error page is usually indicative of either:

.htaccess file not being in place.

.haccess file has wrong store path in it.

mod_rewrite is not switched on or is not allowed, on your server.

i remember following the directions to a t, or at least a very large capitalized S on a clean install. i'll get back to the seo urls later next week. i'm more focused on sts and making an install valid, accessible and semantic.

thanks for the feedback - i'm sure i can get 'er done,

chris

Please read the previous page in this thread. Your answer is there MANY MANY times.

Regards,

Chris

Thanks for the lead Chris. I'd given up reading various posts before finding the answer.

Started a fresh today, but got disturbed several times, only to find various errors at the end (not suprising after getting disturbed so often. In the end loaded a file from the previous attempt. Site now up and running again :)

My URLs have changed, but still got '?osCsid=29fcf7fcxxxx...' on the end. An example;

http://www.mysite.com/catalog/accessories-...=29fcf7fcxxxx...

I've altered this setting 'Add cPath to product URLs?', but the URL didn't change.

What's the recomendation, start again, or is there a known make good route?

Thanks for the lead Chris. I'd given up reading various posts before finding the answer.

Started a fresh today, but got disturbed several times, only to find various errors at the end (not suprising after getting disturbed so often. In the end loaded a file from the previous attempt. Site now up and running again :)

My URLs have changed, but still got '?osCsid=29fcf7fcxxxx...' on the end. An example;

http://www.mysite.com/catalog/accessories-...=29fcf7fcxxxx...

I've altered this setting 'Add cPath to product URLs?', but the URL didn't change.

What's the recomendation, start again, or is there a known make good route?

Firstly, Chemo's Official 2.1d that I put in the contrib area is the only one that seems to work for everyone, so everyone should be using that.

Secondly, the osCid should be appearing for the first page or two when browsing your site. After a couple of pages it will disappear. If it doesn't disappear than you have something wrong with setting cookies. I do not believe it would be to do with Chemo's 2.1d that the osCid would be there.

Leave the setting 'Add cPath to product URLs' alone. I believe this is for windows servers.

Regards,

Chris

I have Chemos 2.1D version running on my Live Store a the moment and it works great :D

Below is a screen shot of how I have it configured.

Force cookies = True

Prevent Spider Settings = True

Use Cache = False (If I set this to true then the DHTML menu I uses gets screwed up :( )

SEO_Settings.JPG

I have Chemos 2.1D version running on my Live Store a the moment and it works great :D

Well I thought it was, Seems that sometimes it works and the rest it dont, It that I may when cookies are forced some times I can add items to the cart other times I cant?

Hi,

I have just found an installed Chemo's contrib. So far it looks fantastic and most things seem to work fine. Thanks for the contrib chemo!

I have one little problem which I hope someone could help me with. When I go to click on the "Catalog" section of the admin area the following error comes up

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF, expecting ')' in /home/...../public_html/admin/categories.php on line 288"

I have included what my code is around that error with some *** at start of line 288.

$sql_data_array = array('products_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id]),
					  'products_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'][$language_id]),
					  'products_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'][$language_id]),
					  'products_seo_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_seo_url'][$language_id]),

***if ($action == 'insert_product') {
		  $insert_sql_data = array('products_id' => $products_id,
								   'language_id' => $language_id);

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $insert_sql_data);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array);
		} elseif ($action == 'update_product') {
		  tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array, 'update', "products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");
		}
	  }

If anyone could help me I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance

Found the problem, was missing a ")" and a ";" where the *** are. Works fine with the code:

$sql_data_array = array('products_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id]),
					  'products_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'][$language_id]),
					  'products_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'][$language_id]),
					  'products_seo_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_seo_url'][$language_id]));***

if ($action == 'insert_product') {
		  $insert_sql_data = array('products_id' => $products_id,
								   'language_id' => $language_id);

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $insert_sql_data);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array);
		} elseif ($action == 'update_product') {
		  tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array, 'update', "products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");
		}
	  }

Hope that helps someone else.

it is fairly obvious that chemo's 2.1d is the one that works fully.

however, the last update with 'create your own urls' is really a fantastic achievement, if it works.

has anyone managed to actually make it work?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH