• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

hello there

Just wanted to say how chuffed I am about this contribution. Took less than 5 minutes to install and worked straight away.

I used version 2.1 which appeared to be the last version done by chemo. I understand some other people have added on bits and pieces but 2.1 works just fine for me.

Thankyou :)

hello there

Just wanted to say how chuffed I am about this contribution. Took less than 5 minutes to install and worked straight away.

I used version 2.1 which appeared to be the last version done by chemo. I understand some other people have added on bits and pieces but 2.1 works just fine for me.

Thankyou :)

Hey, was it the 2.1d that I uploaded that you used? (the chemo's official one)? That is the last one that Chemo did publically and it works great.

Cheers,

Chris :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bugs in osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update "060817"

fields customers_default_address_id in customers table cant change, only add with 0

fields customers_id in address_book table can't change. only add with 0

Order number always report 0

Order Number: 0

I suggest to use osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051112 to use Ultimate SEO URLs, not Update "060817"

Hi, I installed this module, and it the page seems to work fine, but its skipping my product names.

its generating the links to mydomain/-p-29.html

but I want mydomain/myproduct-p-29.html

:)

Any ideas whats wrong?

I've got this contrib installed but am having trouble trying to redirect non-www to www URL's.

My site is set up in www.domain.com/shop but I've been told to redirect any domain.com references to www.domain.com.

I've tried numerous .htaccess codes but non seem to work - e.g.:

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domain\.com$ [NC]

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.domain.com/$1 [R=301,L]

Is the URL rewrite part of the contribution preventing me from doing this ?

If so, any suggestions what I need to change ?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, I installed this module, and it the page seems to work fine, but its skipping my product names.

its generating the links to mydomain/-p-29.html

but I want mydomain/myproduct-p-29.html

:)

Any ideas whats wrong?

I had this same problem after installing the contrib. I looked back through the install folder and found that there appeared to be a SQL file/update that needed to be applied to the database. After running that update everything seemed to fall into place.

I just installed this contribution on my web site and i'm having some trouble with it. I can access my homepage just fine, but if i click on a category or any product, it will bring me to an error page that says, "Not Found

The requested URL /directory/product_info.php was not found on this server. Apache/1.3.31 Server at cylinderstoves.com Port 80". Also, when i go to my Admin panel, it displays like normal, except it has these error messages at the top of the page... "// Function to reset SEO URLs database cache entries // Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 function tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls($action){ switch ($action){ case 'reset': tep_db_query("DELETE FROM cache WHERE cache_name LIKE '%seo_urls%'"); tep_db_query("UPDATE configuration SET configuration_value='false' WHERE configuration_key='SEO_URLS_CACHE_RESET'"); break; default: break; } # The return value is used to set the value upon viewing # It's NOT returining a false to indicate failure!! return 'false'; }

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/cylinder/cylinderstoves.com/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1323) in /hsphere/local/home/cylinder/cylinderstoves.com/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hsphere/local/home/cylinder/cylinderstoves.com/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1323) in /hsphere/local/home/cylinder/cylinderstoves.com/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67".

Can someone please help me figure this problem out.

lewisqic

Last night I installed 11 Sep 2006 version and had nothing but errors, the same kind I've reading about (404s, query strings with many &), so I gave it one more chance using Chemo's Official v2.1d version and to my surprise everything is working perfectly now!!!!

Someone added the "additional_install_files.txt" that just messes things up! Funny, the 2.1d version is so easy to install yet someone added another version that is supposed to make the installation easier. Sheesh, it could hardly be any easier.

Don't waste your time with the other versions, always stick with Chemo's. I am a software developer and I contributed some contributions and I was amazed how easy and clean this installation was considering all that it does.!

Cheers to you Chemo, you definitely know your stuff!

[this was not a paid advertisement :-)]

Last night I installed 11 Sep 2006 version and had nothing but errors, the same kind I've reading about (404s, query strings with many &), so I gave it one more chance using Chemo's Official v2.1d version and to my surprise everything is working perfectly now!!!!

Someone added the "additional_install_files.txt" that just messes things up! Funny, the 2.1d version is so easy to install yet someone added another version that is supposed to make the installation easier. Sheesh, it could hardly be any easier.

Don't waste your time with the other versions, always stick with Chemo's. I am a software developer and I contributed some contributions and I was amazed how easy and clean this installation was considering all that it does.!

OMG. FINALLY someone listens to what I have been saying EVERY TIME anyone has any problems with the other versions.

Everyone should use Chemo's Official 2.1d that I put in the contrib area. Do not use any later version. All the later versions have bugs in them and cause a LOT of problems. So ONLY use Chemo's Official 2.1d that I put in the contrib area.

Glad someone finally agree's with me WOOHOO lol.

Cheers,

Chris

I have a problem that?s causing duplicate content.

If I browse to a product through the categories it is displayed as:

www.mydomain.com/product-nice-item.html

But if I browse to a product through the manufacturer pages it is displayed like this:

www.mydomain.com/product-nice-item.html?manufacturers_id=13

This is causing duplicate content to be indexed by the search engine bots. Also it means that the categories don?t open up.

Please help before I get a google penalty. :-(

This post has been edited by Caios: Jun 21 2006, 11:54 AM

Has anybody been able to fix this ?manufacturers_id=* be either means of .htaccess, robots.txt or by editing chemo's code?

I installed the Sep 11 version of Chemo's Ultimate SEO Url's which has additional installation instructions. There were some errors in admin/categories.php but i managed to fix all of them and it seems to be working fine except that I am still getting the session ID's at the end of the URL. Anyone know what settings I might have missed out in the Admin Configuration that could be causing this? Could it have anything to do with the /tmp directory?

Thanks.

I installed the Sep 11 version of Chemo's Ultimate SEO Url's which has additional installation instructions. There were some errors in admin/categories.php but i managed to fix all of them and it seems to be working fine except that I am still getting the session ID's at the end of the URL. Anyone know what settings I might have missed out in the Admin Configuration that could be causing this? Could it have anything to do with the /tmp directory?

Thanks.

Read a few posts up.

agree 100%

I've had this contribution (v2.1c) running on my site without any problems. I'm in the process of changing hosts and after transfering all files and the database I find that ultimate SEO no longer works and all product and category pages come up as "page cannot be found". Other than this everything else works, if ultimate seo is turned off. I checked the install directions and all the file changes are there and correct.

Update: I've installed a stock copy of OSC and tried installing Ultimate SEO URLs, I get the same "page cannot be found". Could this be a server problem? It seems to meet requirements, PHP Version is 4.4.4 and it's a Linux server with mod_rewrite. Anyone know where I might look to fix this?

Read a few posts up.

Ok thanks. I used v2.1d on a clean install and it worked perfectly and resolved the session ID issue by editing my configure.php file . I then re-installed the extra bits from the Sep 11 version and it worked too - but only after re-arranging a few semi-colons. commas and brackets because of the other contributions I installed. Looks like something was not quite right in the main contribution files in that download.

For anyone wanting to install the Sep11 update, suggest you install Chemos' Original v2.1d posted by stonebridgecomputing on 11 May 2006 to make sure you get the correct code. This will resolve the problems some people are having with the URL not showing the product name, i.e like this

mydomain/-p-29.html (you'll get this result if you use the files in the Sep11 download like i did)

instead of like this

mydomain/myproduct-p-29.html

Then once you get that working, back up files and install the additional instructions from the Sep 11 update.

You will still need to fix any errors especially if you have other contributions installed but at least you got the main contribution working correctly. If it still doesn't work, well then go find another contribution that won't stress you out so much !

Hi all,

I just installed chemo's Ultimate SEO URL's on my website and i'm having some trouble. Everything on the admin side works fine, and i can also access my home page(index.php) just fine. But when i click on any category or product then it gives me a page that says "The requested URL /directory/index.php was not found on this server." The URL of the page displays "http://cylinderstoves.com/catalog/tents-c-22.html" I need help with how to fix this error so that i can access my pages without the 404 error. thanks.

lewisqic

Hi all,

I just installed chemo's Ultimate SEO URL's on my website and i'm having some trouble. Everything on the admin side works fine, and i can also access my home page(index.php) just fine. But when i click on any category or product then it gives me a page that says "The requested URL /directory/index.php was not found on this server." The URL of the page displays "http://cylinderstoves.com/catalog/tents-c-22.html" I need help with how to fix this error so that i can access my pages without the 404 error. thanks.

What version of the contrib are you using? Are you using Chemo's Official 2.1d that I put in the contrib area?

Hi all,

This is generally due to the .htaccess file not being set up correctly. Be sure you have
RewriteBase /catalog/

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I've had this contribution (v2.1c) running on my site without any problems. I'm in the process of changing hosts and after transfering all files and the database I find that ultimate SEO no longer works and all product and category pages come up as "page cannot be found". Other than this everything else works, if ultimate seo is turned off. I checked the install directions and all the file changes are there and correct.

Update: I've installed a stock copy of OSC and tried installing Ultimate SEO URLs, I get the same "page cannot be found". Could this be a server problem? It seems to meet requirements, PHP Version is 4.4.4 and it's a Linux server with mod_rewrite. Anyone know where I might look to fix this?

Figured it out. For some reason on the new host it's necessary for the .htaccess rewritebase to include the folder that the catalog is in as well.

RewriteBase /*user account*/catalog/

Please guide me how to install with ajax_shopping_cart v2_1. I had downloaded Chemo's Official v2.1d by stonebridgecomputing.

Follow the install file, I'm stoped at html_output.php file. In html_output.php , the phrase of my file is difference the phrase in install file (at the end):

function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true) {
global $request_type, $session_started, $SID;

if (!tep_not_null($page)) {
  die('<br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine the page link!<br><br>');
}

if ($connection == 'NONSSL') {
  $link = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG;
} elseif ($connection == 'SSL') {
  if (ENABLE_SSL == true) {
	$link = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG;
  } else {
  }
} else {
  die('<br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine connection method on a link!<br><br>Known methods: NONSSL SSL</b><br><br>');
}

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) {
  $link .= $page . '?' . tep_output_string($parameters);
  $separator = '&';
} else {
  $link .= $page;
  $separator = '?';
}

while ( (substr($link, -1) == '&') || (substr($link, -1) == '?') ) $link = substr($link, 0, -1);

// Add the session ID when moving from different HTTP and HTTPS servers, or when SID is defined
if ( ($add_session_id == true) && ($session_started == true) && (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'False') ) {
  if (tep_not_null($SID)) {
	$_sid = $SID;
  } elseif ( ( ($request_type == 'NONSSL') && ($connection == 'SSL') && (ENABLE_SSL == true) ) || ( ($request_type == 'SSL') && ($connection == 'NONSSL') ) ) {
	if (HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN != HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN) {
	  $_sid = tep_session_name() . '=' . tep_session_id();
	}
  }
}

if ( (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS == 'true') && ($search_engine_safe == true) ) {
  while (strstr($link, '&&')) $link = str_replace('&&', '&', $link);

$link = str_replace('?', '/', $link);
  $link = str_replace('&', '/', $link);
  $link = str_replace('=', '/', $link);

$separator = '?';
}

[color=#FF0000]   if (isset($_sid)) {
  $link .= $separator . $_sid;
}

return $link;
 }</b>[/color]

function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true) {
global $request_type, $session_started, $SID;

if (!tep_not_null($page)) {
  die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine the page link!<br><br>');
}

if ($connection == 'NONSSL') {
} elseif ($connection == 'SSL') {
  if (ENABLE_SSL == true) {
	$link = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG;
  } else {
  }
} else {
  die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine connection method on a link!<br><br>Known methods: NONSSL SSL</b><br><br>');
}

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) {
  $link .= $page . '?' . tep_output_string($parameters);
  $separator = '&';
} else {
  $link .= $page;
  $separator = '?';
}

while ( (substr($link, -1) == '&') || (substr($link, -1) == '?') ) $link = substr($link, 0, -1);
if ( ($add_session_id == true) && ($session_started == true) && (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'False') ) {
  if (tep_not_null($SID)) {
	$_sid = $SID;
  } elseif ( ( ($request_type == 'NONSSL') && ($connection == 'SSL') && (ENABLE_SSL == true) ) || ( ($request_type == 'SSL') && ($connection == 'NONSSL') ) ) {
	if (HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN != HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN) {
	  $_sid = tep_session_name() . '=' . tep_session_id();
	}
  }
}

if ( (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS == 'true') && ($search_engine_safe == true) ) {
  while (strstr($link, '&&')) $link = str_replace('&&', '&', $link);

$link = str_replace('?', '/', $link);
  $link = str_replace('&', '/', $link);
  $link = str_replace('=', '/', $link);

$separator = '?';
}

[color=#FF0000]if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && ENABLE_PAGE_CACHE == 'true' && class_exists('page_cache')) {
  $link .= $separator . '<osCsid>';
  } elseif (isset($_sid)) {
  $link .= $separator . $_sid;
  }
$link_ajax = '';
if( tep_not_null($parameters) && preg_match("/buy_now/i", $parameters) && $page != 'ajax_shopping_cart.php'){
  $link_ajax = '" onclick="doBuyNowGet(\'' . tep_href_link( 'ajax_shopping_cart.php', $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id, $search_engine_safe) . '\'); return false;';
}

return $link . $link_ajax;
 }[/color]

So , i don't know will the another file with another contribution be like that ! Please help me.

Paint for VietNamese :

hello,

I made changes on seo_clss in order to install sid killer but I very cancelled and nothing any more goes

I reinstalled my backup but my categories in my URL do not function any more

I installed several versions but I always the same problem

http://www.jolilola.com/-c-39.html?osCsid=...08827f353a1a4c7

and i would like this:

http://www.jolilola.com/couches-39.html?os...08827f353a1a4c7

one spoke to me to make changes in the base with a file sql but I do not find it I already modified my htaccess

I cannot any more what make.

please help me

Fix posted.

Correction to file catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php from version dated 11 Sep 2006.

Should help where tailored category names are not showing in the URL.

Thanks to Miro Igov for the spot.

Your online success is Paramount.

agree 100%

This happened to me also, after reading a post by stonebridg, I rolled back to v2.1d - With one major glich I cant seem to remedy now.

Since Thursday (10/12/06) my site has been accepted, first time, in Google - 139 pages are cached and I'm using Chemo's Ultimate SEO URL's v2.1d (the official release), the latest Dynamic MetaTags and Google/Froggle Feeder. My site has almost constant traffic!! I should be celebrating right now this very minute! Instead, I am BLEEDING CUSTOMERS!! I watch daily in panic as a steady stream of ready customers hit the "Buy Now" buttons and see the shopping cart report IT's EMPTY, then depart forever.

This anomaly started after installing the uSEO contrib. I have tried all the other updates without success. I have reinstalled the v2.1d three times overall. I have tweaked around with all the .htaccess settings. I have searched the forum for days and nights under the topics 'buy now' and 'empty cart' to no avail. "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Your my only hope!" - Thanks in advance.

Sample the anomaly first hand: GonzoModz - Buy Now Buttons - SEO anomaly.

This my first post, not sure if I did it right.

This happened to me also, after reading a post by stonebridg, I rolled back to v2.1d - With one major glich I cant seem to remedy now.

Since Thursday (10/12/06) my site has been accepted, first time, in Google - 139 pages are cached and I'm using Chemo's Ultimate SEO URL's v2.1d (the official release), the latest Dynamic MetaTags and Google/Froggle Feeder. My site has almost constant traffic!! I should be celebrating right now this very minute! Instead, I am BLEEDING CUSTOMERS!! I watch daily in panic as a steady stream of ready customers hit the "Buy Now" buttons and see the shopping cart report IT's EMPTY, then depart forever.

This anomaly started after installing the uSEO contrib. I have tried all the other updates without success. I have reinstalled the v2.1d three times overall. I have tweaked around with all the .htaccess settings. I have searched the forum for days and nights under the topics 'buy now' and 'empty cart' to no avail. "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Your my only hope!" - Thanks in advance.

Sample the anomaly first hand: GonzoModz - Buy Now Buttons - SEO anomaly.

This my first post, not sure if I did it right.

Looking at the link you provided when you hit the "Buy Now" button your URL has the following http://....../shopping_cart.php?sort=2a&osCsid=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The & should NOT be there it should be a &. Try this.. in /includes/functions/general.php find

// Redirect to another page or site

function tep_redirect($url) {

/*****START_REPLACE_&AMP;_WITH_&*****/

$url = preg_replace('/&/','&',$url);

/*****END_REPLACE_&AMP;_WITH_&*****/

if ( (strstr($url, "\n") != false) || (strstr($url, "\r") != false) ) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL', false));

}

if ( (ENABLE_SSL == true) && (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ) { // We are loading an SSL page

if (substr($url, 0, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)) == HTTP_SERVER) { // NONSSL url

$url = HTTPS_SERVER . substr($url, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)); // Change it to SSL

}

}

header('Location: ' . $url);

tep_exit();

}

This is the change

/*****START_REPLACE_&AMP;_WITH_&*****/

$url = preg_replace('/&/','&',$url);

/*****END_REPLACE_&AMP;_WITH_&*****/

There could be other reasons that the & is showing instead of &. Try this out first.

-Marizka