• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

OK

Guys I am hoping someone has the answers to the following two questions

1. I have installed the contributinon and the link is not appearing in admin?? Any idea why?? The values are in the db but not appearing under admin/configuration

2. The categories are not being rewritten so I end up with -c-54.html (The products how up fine)

Hopefully someone will be able to answer this

I have tried searching this thread but can't search with words of less than 3 letters... :rolleyes:

thanks

Edited by crash3903

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

i using ultimate seo in a oscommerce shop.

all working fun, but...

link of first page on category list its ok:

http://www.ksiegarnia.centrumjezykowobcych...iecki-c-10.html

link of second (and other) pages on category list isnt ok:

http://www.ksiegarnia.centrumjezykowobcych...?page=2&sort=1a

google recognize a first page of category list, but others no.

problem is on the end of link: ?page=2&sort=1a

how i can repare it? a link must be a "html files" without a php parameters, eg:

http://www.ksiegarnia.centrumjezykowobcych...-2-sort-1a.html

Ive found a bug with the search and not sure if its because of ultimate seo urls or oscommerce.

I sell many items named like this 1/2 socket & 1/4 ratchet

If I use the search to search for 1/2 it works but if I then click page 2 the / messes up the search url and 404s.

Anyone have this or fixed it? Is it ultimate seo url bug or oscommerce?

Ive found a bug with the search and not sure if its because of ultimate seo urls or oscommerce.

I sell many items named like this 1/2 socket & 1/4 ratchet

If I use the search to search for 1/2 it works but if I then click page 2 the / messes up the search url and 404s.

Anyone have this or fixed it? Is it ultimate seo url bug or oscommerce?

I have ultimate URLs installed and a search for 1/2 works fine and returns products

www.thefrenchybee.com

I have ultimate URLs installed and a search for 1/2 works fine and returns products

www.thefrenchybee.com

Yes, searching for 1/2 works for me too. But if you have a few pages of results when you click next or page 2 it 404s. Its the / that causes the problem.

This is my first post in these forums, so hi! :)

I installed the Ultimate SEO contribution, and it seems to work fine, but for some reason the first 'click' on any link, will display the old style link which is not search engine friendly (with a '?'). Every page clicked on after the first click works perfectly and displays the seo'd urls fine.

It seems something might be stopping google from crawling inside my site and indexing all my pages (currently only the front page is indexed). A reason for google not indexing my site properly could be the fact that it cant make that first click (if that makes sense?)

If anyone could help me out, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks

David

First of all, great contribution! Although it seems to have some minor problems that can hopefully be fixed.

Today I discovered that when I add a product to the shopping-cart, the link from the shopping-cart back to the product-page is not how it should be (at least not in my installation).

Example: product in shopping cart links to: /catalog/product_info.php?products_id=61{1}9

the link in from the catalog is:

/catalog/maggi-delikatess-auflaufkaesesosse-p-61.html

When I use the link from the shopping-cart it opens the right product but the image is not the right size and most importantly the attribute is not added when I add another item of this product to the cart.

I think the correct link in shopping cart should be:

/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=61

which automatically changes to the seo version when clicked.

Where do I make the change in shopping cart to leave out the attribute bit {1}9?

Any help is much appreciated.

abra

I am having the same problem and would like to try and fix it.

I am having the same problem and would like to try and fix it.

Not sure if it's exactly the same problem but it may be.

I use my own modified version of osC it calls all files via a central index.php

like www.mysite.com/index.php?ref=product_info

For this reason standard urls in shopping cart would not work (www.mysite.com/product_info.php throws up a hacking error)

The urls weren't writing seo urls from tep_href_link because the $products[$i]['id']

was e.g. 128{3}5{5}2 because of the attributes.

Simple solution was to add ..

//Mod to strip the {5}3{2} from the $products[$i]['id']
$to_strip = strstr($products[$i]['id'], '{');
$stripped_id = str_replace($to_strip, '', $products[$i]['id']);

before the tep_href_link.

tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $stripped_id)

Hope his helps.

I have been trying to get Ultimate SEO to work for a few days now with no luck. I installed Nventa's 2.2. I have played around with the Admin->Configuration->SEO URLs settings but nothing I change seems to make any difference? No matter what I do, I still get,

"Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server."

Does anybody have any idea where I can begin to trouble shoot this problem? Is there a table that stores the new URLs with links to the old URLs?

What about the tep_redirect function in general.php? I've been a C prgrammer for over 10 years but I know next to nothing about php. What do you guys use for debugging php? Even a simple routine to write to a temp file that I can insert here and there might help me out.

At any rate, here's one of the many new URLs generated by Ultimate SEO..

http://www.acequality.net/catalog/thermobakomegacoyote-p-205.html

I have been trying to get Ultimate SEO to work for a few days now with no luck. I installed Nventa's 2.2. I have played around with the Admin->Configuration->SEO URLs settings but nothing I change seems to make any difference? No matter what I do, I still get,

"Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server."

Does anybody have any idea where I can begin to trouble shoot this problem? Is there a table that stores the new URLs with links to the old URLs?

What about the tep_redirect function in general.php? I've been a C prgrammer for over 10 years but I know next to nothing about php. What do you guys use for debugging php? Even a simple routine to write to a temp file that I can insert here and there might help me out.

At any rate, here's one of the many new URLs generated by Ultimate SEO..

http://www.acequality.net/catalog/thermobakomegacoyote-p-205.html

Never mind. I failed to change .htaccess /directory/ to match my directory. Once I changed it, everything worked fine.

For this reason standard urls in shopping cart would not work (www.mysite.com/product_info.php throws up a hacking error)

The urls weren't writing seo urls from tep_href_link because the $products[$i]['id']

Hope his helps.

:thumbsup: Thank you very much! This is exactly what was needed to fix this little backlink problem.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Hope his helps.

Hi Could you please tell me where can I find these codes:

I am using SEO v2.0 version and not good in coding.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Could you please tell me where can I find these codes:

I am using SEO v2.0 version and not good in coding.

Thanks in advance.

Im assuming that you are facing the same problem and need the same solution. If so then follow the below.

Back up the file before you make any mods

1) Find the following file ..

catalog/includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php

2) search the file for the following code ..

$cart_contents_string .= $products[$i]['quantity']

Replace the whole line with the following code ..

$cart_contents_string .= $products[$i]['quantity'] . ' x </span></td><td valign="top" class="infoBoxContents"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $stripped_id) . '">';

Hope this helps

OK I think I missed something. Are you all talking about the back button link.

If so I was really stressin over it and I just changed it to a java script back button.

Also has anyone came up with a soulution to fix the shop by price mod to work with seo urls.

Thank you,

hiya there, a client of mine has this mod installed

the urls are coming out like

/kiporkge1000tigasgenerator-p-36.html

but he would like them to be

kipor-kge1000ti-gas-generator

so that where there is a space in the name of the product, it will show a '-' in the url

Hi all

How does Ultimate treat links to products that have gone out of stock?

On my install v2 it just shows a blank page!

What I want is the system to show a message on the lines of "sorry - but this product is currently unavailable" when someone clicks on an old search engine link for a product that is "Out off stock" and not live on site.

I tried searching but did not come across any posting with a similar issue - if I have missed the solution then please point me to it.

I have also played around with the settings in the SEO Urls config for "Enable automatic redirects" is set to False. Setting it to TRUE also does not help. This setting I belive is sort of unrelated as my guess is it deals mainly with product name changes.

Are there any settings that would help me achieve my end result?

Any tips?

Hey runepidemic,

The problem I explained is the following:

I have a product called (for example) Corsair 512MB DDR2 RAM, with a product ID of 5831 for example.

Now a standard link will look like this: www.mydomain.com/product_info.php?productID=5831

Now, SEO'd URLS may be: www.mydomain.com/Corsair-512MB-DDR2-RAM-p-5831.html (see how it has the product number in the SEO'd URLS? that is all that is used when it then goes and finds the product in my database).

Say that I realised that it wasn't actually 512MB DDR2 RAM, but it was only DDR RAM.

So I change the product name to Corsair 512MB DDR RAM.

Then, the new SEO'd URL would be www.mydomain.com/Corsair-512MB-DDR-RAM-p-5831.html (notice how it says DDR and not DDR2).

However, you if went to the old SEO'd URL (i.e. the one with DDR2 in the URL) then it will still open up in your web browser WITHOUT doing a redirect, as the only thing it does to find the product's page, is the product_id that is in the SEO'd URL (eg, the p-5831 part).

What I want this contrib to do is to see that the product name has actually changed, and then force a redirect to the new name (even though it is still pointing to the exact same product). I have product names change all the time (yes they are often only slightly, but Google still sees it as a new page, because the URL is different).

If you want to try this out, feel free to go to www.stonebridgecomputing.com.au and going to the details of a product, and then try changing the URL name (without changing the product ID in the URL) and you will see that it goes to the same product.

For example, the following URLS are all for the exact same product and DO NOT do any redirects at all:

http://www.stonebridgecomputing.com.au/cat...nty-p-3282.html

http://www.stonebridgecomputing.com.au/cat...0gb-p-3282.html

http://www.stonebridgecomputing.com.au/catalog/-p-3282.html

http://www.stonebridgecomputing.com.au/cat...ooo-p-3282.html

Hope that explains it.

Now, does anyone have a solution??

Cheers,

Chris :)

has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Hi there,

Just attempted to install this application and it works fine on the user side of things as you can see at my site

Problem is when i logon to things on the admin side my links are all messed up and point to

http://thermaltech.co.ukdir_ws_http_catalo...d_box=customers

instead of what they should be normally.

Any help appreciated. Ive followed the instructions to tbe best i can and had a look around the forums as well.

Bit of an update

The problem is to do with editing the HTML Output, the replaceing of the function results in some strange formatting as in the above link

Can anyone just help out with when it says to replace the function just how much of it im supposed to replace please?

Edited by shiftlocked

Things still to do before going "live" in no real order...

Change "buy now buttons" css styles

Change "lets see what we have here" into something meaningfull

Main logo of the website

Sort out currency to make site UK only (at present)

Remove "xx requests since" stuff

Update mainpage :D

Move shopping cart status into header

Add in stock status to product listing page

Define styles for product listing standardisation

Change CSS background for Headings

Increase Category size headings

Used mods so far:- basic_design_pack1mk7 | Google XML sitemap w admin | Paypal IPN v 1.2 | Feedmachine | pricematch_1_3_1 | Dynamic Sitemap 1.6 | Whos online Enhancement | Easypopulate 2.72

Each one that I solve I;ll be putting a post on the forum in a "completed shop" thread that Im writing up

has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Im still waiting to see if anyone has a solution :(

Hopefully someone can find a solution. It only needs the code changed for Need_redirect function. So it isnt a whole contrib re-write. I just dont know how or what to do with that function to get it to do what I need it to do.

Regards,

Chris

Is it just me or have more posts been deleted?

I swear that Jocit asked a question about removing the category id from the URL, and I replied saying that it is impossible with this contrib, but now I can't see those posts at all.

Either some mod has had ANOTHER field day of deleting random posts, or my brain has gone all mushy.

There was absolutely NOTHING bad in those posts AT ALL. They were completely related to this contrib and were legitimate questions and answers.

Me = confused.

Cheers,

Chris

Is it just me or have more posts been deleted?

I swear that Jocit asked a question about removing the category id from the URL, and I replied saying that it is impossible with this contrib, but now I can't see those posts at all.

Either some mod has had ANOTHER field day of deleting random posts, or my brain has gone all mushy.

There was absolutely NOTHING bad in those posts AT ALL. They were completely related to this contrib and were legitimate questions and answers.

Me = confused.

Cheers,

Chris

OOPS... My Bad... The other forum topic was "[Contribution] Ultimate SEO URLs - by Chemo" (Note: no v2.1 at the end of the topic name).

Guess my brain is going mushy. Wont be long now before it drains out my ears. Bugger.

Cheers,

Chris :S