• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

hi there, i have the SEO installed, i just moved the site to a new server, now when i click on a category, the url comes up in the browser but the page does not leave the index. Would this have something to do with the SEO install?

hi there, i have the SEO installed, i just moved the site to a new server, now when i click on a category, the url comes up in the browser but the page does not leave the index. Would this have something to do with the SEO install?

Don't think so it might be something to do with your new server..

CHeck with them if they support mod rewrite and the options diretive which is required by the .htaccess file.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Don't think so it might be something to do with your new server..

CHeck with them if they support mod rewrite and the options diretive which is required by the .htaccess file.

I am on a dedicated IP, is there somewhere i can go in the cpanel or plesk panel to see if its supported or not?

Hey all, quick question.

I just installed Ultimate SEO URLs 2.2 release date: 8 April 2006... and having a small problem.

When I try to call my old URL, it does not redirect... example I use this URL:

http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/product_in...oducts_id=15106

and it tells me "Product Not Found"

Any idea why this is happening or what I can do to fix it?

Thank you,

Shawn

Hey all, quick question.

I just installed Ultimate SEO URLs 2.2 release date: 8 April 2006... and having a small problem.

When I try to call my old URL, it does not redirect... example I use this URL:

http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/product_in...oducts_id=15106

and it tells me "Product Not Found"

Any idea why this is happening or what I can do to fix it?

Thank you,

Shawn

i get that same thing on some of mine, I am having other issues but when you click on any of the new products, i get the 'product cannot be found' that is the closest i get to any product page

I have installed this contrib to a CRE 6.2 pro patch 3.1 store. The catagories redirect fine. I have a problem with the product links from the category pages. They don't appear to rewite correctly. Here is an example of what I get

http://mydomain.co.uk/test/product_info.ph...;products_id=79

The product url's work fine from the specials and bestsellers boxes and also from the all products list. Can any one shed some light on this for please.

Hi everyone,

I have installed the SEO URL contribution twice, but I can't get it to work.

When the SEO URLs are disabled in admin my shop works like usual, but when I enable it, I get an error message:

Not Found

The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

When I try to remove the contribution it is still in my admin...

When I type in a URL to test the redirect it does not work... Here is an example, I took out my domain so the forum would not shorten the URL. Let's say I type in this:

/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=15

It will redirect to this:

/catalog/product_info.php?catalog=product_info.php

and it will show "No Product Found." Any ideas?

Edited by shawnm

Anybody get Ultimate SEO work with CCGV? The only problem is the & and & thing when the error messages need to be displayed on coupon/voucher redeem page (checkout_payment). I searched forum and found some fix about changing things around at seo.class, but none of them work. If anyone has solved this problem, please give me a hand. Really appreciate!

-Liz

Ok, I just noticed that my manufacturer's listing is not redirecting either. It is given me product not found on every manufacturer.

Can anyone help with this?

Thank you,

Shawn

UPDATE: THIS MAY HELP YOU IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS.

I think I just fixed my problems...

I turned off this:

Enable automatic redirects? FALSE

This will activate the automatic redirect code and send 301 headers for old to new URLs.

I set that to False and now it works perfect! I thought the redirects being set to true meant that it would redirect the old URLs to the New URLs... not sure why, but setting this to False seems to make everything work right.

Thanks to anyone who can add input to this subject.

Shawn

UPDATE: THIS MAY HELP YOU IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS.

I think I just fixed my problems...

I turned off this:

Enable automatic redirects? FALSE

This will activate the automatic redirect code and send 301 headers for old to new URLs.

I set that to False and now it works perfect! I thought the redirects being set to true meant that it would redirect the old URLs to the New URLs... not sure why, but setting this to False seems to make everything work right.

Thanks to anyone who can add input to this subject.

Shawn

Shawn,

I initially had this problem when I installed Ultimate SEO 2.2... although I managed to get it working by reinstalling it and uninstalling some other things. It's not that important though, because presumably most people installing this contibution won't have many links from other websites to specific products.

This contribution is actually fantastic, and will, as Chemo says in the description, work with the Link Manager contribution at all, creating HTML pages for each link catagory. To set it up to work with the Link Manager, simple add the following code to your Mod ReWrite .htaccess file:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

As you can see, this is basically an edit of the other lines in this file, changing the rule to -links-, and changing the catagory path (cPath), for link path (lPath)... A great little piece to add.

Edited by nickjjohnston

Anybody get Ultimate SEO work with CCGV? The only problem is the & and & thing when the error messages need to be displayed on coupon/voucher redeem page (checkout_payment). I searched forum and found some fix about changing things around at seo.class, but none of them work. If anyone has solved this problem, please give me a hand. Really appreciate!

-Liz

Anyone please??

Hi everyone,

I have installed the SEO URL contribution twice, but I can't get it to work.

When the SEO URLs are disabled in admin my shop works like usual, but when I enable it, I get an error message:

When I try to remove the contribution it is still in my admin...

I tried putting the automatic redirects to false, but I still have the same problem.

Anybody has an idea to solve this? :(

I'm also having the issue of the redirects not working.

Solution is to turn the auto redirect off in admin, howvere it means that the old-style URL's will still appear in the title bar for certain page requests.

All that happens is with the redirect on is a redirect to index.php or product_info.php.

Looking into it in a little more detail, it seems that there is simply not enough code in the contribution to generate a redirect to the .html equivalent for every kind of request. So I don't know how anyone has it working.

- osCommerce is fun! -

I have tried turning the auto redirect off in admin, but when I click something I still get this error message:

Not Found

The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have reinstalled it and tried with different settings but nothing works :'(

I'm also having the issue of the redirects not working.

Solution is to turn the auto redirect off in admin, howvere it means that the old-style URL's will still appear in the title bar for certain page requests.

All that happens is with the redirect on is a redirect to index.php or product_info.php.

Looking into it in a little more detail, it seems that there is simply not enough code in the contribution to generate a redirect to the .html equivalent for every kind of request. So I don't know how anyone has it working.

UPDATE:

Problems now solved.

There is an alternative v2.1d of this contribution "out there" that I have now installed and everything works exactly as I had hoped.

- osCommerce is fun! -

UPDATE:

Problems now solved.

There is an alternative v2.1d of this contribution "out there" that I have now installed and everything works exactly as I had hoped.

Can you please tell us exactly what you did, because I installed v2.1d and it is still not working correctly. When I have the redirects enabled... the manufacturers pull down menu does not work.

Thanks,

Shawn

Hey folks.

I 've just installed the latest version of this great contribution.

It works great except for one problem:

When a customer clicks on "Buy now" he won#t get to the login.php, but to the shoppingcart.php. So he gets a product not found message. :(

I know, this problem is already known, but I thought it already had been solved since the version 1.2 release.

So, how come is the problem still there? Do you guys get the same problem? any ideas?

Thanks for any help in advance!

I just found something out ...

when I change the & in the adress field into just "&" a customer sees the product in his shopping cart (as it should be). So, have you got any ideas why I get this "&" in my adress field?

There should be a way to change the code in order that instead of & just & comes up.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I just found something out ...

when I change the & in the adress field into just "&" a customer sees the product in his shopping cart (as it should be). So, have you got any ideas why I get this "&" in my adress field?

There should be a way to change the code in order that instead of & just & comes up.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I 've just found the answer to my problem. In case anybody else needs it:

Found the solution to the problem regarding: amp;

This was posted by: lybrary

A big THX to him:)

CODE

Ok, after some more poking here is why this fails and how to correct it. I think this is a real bug. Comments appreciated. The function that causes the problem is function stock_href_link()

The last line is: return htmlspecialchars(utf8_encode($link));

Why is there a htmlspecialchars() function? This function turns every & into an &

I replaced it with:

return str_replace('"','"',str_replace('>','>',str_replace('<','<',utf8_encode($link))));

This does the same as htmlspecialchars except leaves the & unchanged, because these are the parameter separators.

It would be great to hear from the contribution author if my fix is ok or could cause other problems later on. Any other solution would be appreciated, too.

Hopes this helps all the others that have this problem!

I can't seem to get the & out of some of the URL's. Does anybody have a fix for seo_class.php that effectively converts the & to &

Or maybe there is something I can do in .htaccess ??????????

Look for

return htmlspecialchars(utf8_encode($link));

in your sep_class.php. Notice that this line exists twice.

Replace both with

return str_replace('"','"',str_replace('>','>',str_replace('<','<',utf8_encode($link))));

For me it worked. Good luck!