• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

HI All,

I'm trying to install this on my test store running offline on Easyphp V1.8 however i am getting the internal server error 500. I have looked up how to enable mod rewrite on apache but still no look. I was wondering if anyone else has this running on EasyPHP? Is there any way to check on my live server whether this is active, i manage my site through Cpanel?

Best Regards

Donna

HI All,

I'm trying to install this on my test store running offline on Easyphp V1.8 however i am getting the internal server error 500. I have looked up how to enable mod rewrite on apache but still no look. I was wondering if anyone else has this running on EasyPHP? Is there any way to check on my live server whether this is active, i manage my site through Cpanel? I believe my webhost is recommended by oscommerce ( i dont know whether im allowed to mention in the forum tho), if all is fine would it be worth just uploading straight to my live store after a backup?

Best Regards

Donna

I thought i would add the error from my server log also, i have searched on google but nothing is returned.

[Tue Apr 25 21:11:07 2006] [alert] [client 127.0.0.1] c:/program files/easyphp1-8/www/catalog/.htaccess: Invalid command '\xff\xfeO', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Any suggestions?

Best Regards

Donna

I thought i would add the error from my server log also, i have searched on google but nothing is returned.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards

Donna

Panic over...i'm not sure what i did but all is working now. My only query is regarding CCGV. Everything works fine and coupon amounts are deducted the only problem is that the information use to be displayed in a pink box upon redemption of the code, but this box is not showing any text. Has anyone else experienced this? Basically it is not returning the redemption message.

Best Regards

Donna

Have you noticed that nobody has replied? Get used to it. If you're looking for support, you are in the wrong forum. This one is only for asking unanswered questions. Lots of them. At least that is what I've found after asking four of them myself without any response what-so-ever. If anyone does find a place where people do offer support for this contrib, let me know, because I could use some, too. Even if it is paid support...

Whoever banned Chemo from this forum should be forced to support this damn thing. Way to go dude.

Have you noticed that nobody has replied? Get used to it. If you're looking for support, you are in the wrong forum. This one is only for asking unanswered questions. Lots of them. At least that is what I've found after asking four of them myself without any response what-so-ever. If anyone does find a place where people do offer support for this contrib, let me know, because I could use some, too. Even if it is paid support...

Whoever banned Chemo from this forum should be forced to support this damn thing. Way to go dude.

Ken, the install was quick. Drop in two files and then make some small additions to 3 or four more. It should be very easy to 'undo'.

To everyone else. Let this be a lesson learned. Don't just go installing contribs willy nilly on a live site. I wouldn't even recommend doing it on a test site without backing up first. Contributions are just that. Contributions. Thanks to everyone that is talented and willing enough to share what they do, but there are no safeguards against crap. There are no safeguards against poor code. And there are no guarantees about quality and/or support after the fact.

Ok. I finally dug into the class and figured out why it wasn't working. Hopefully this will help other unsuspecting installers avoid the nightmare I've been through. If your website is on a shared server and you use PHP CGIwrap this contribution will not work out of the box. The stock redirect functions inside the SEO class generate a

$this->parsed_uri['path']

that is nonsensical - i.e. "php4.cgi" instead of "index.php?cPath=34"

That path is then compared to the page names managed under the seo contribution and when it doesn't match, the redirect doesn't happen. I ended up hacking it to get it working. Also, the check_seo_page function expects a definition for SEO_URLS, but it is not defined anywhere. Instead of defining it, I just did an if(0) to get around it. Below are the new versions of the functions.

function check_seo_page(){

if(0){ //originally was if(!defined( SEO_URLS ))
		$this->is_seopage = false; 
		//echo "not defined";  //went here.  SEO_URLS is not defined
	}else{
		if($this->attributes['SEO_ENABLED'] == 'false'){
		}else{
			if(!in_array($this->uri_parsed['path'], $this->attributes['SEO_PAGES'])){  

}else{
				$this->is_seopage = true;
			}
		}
	}

} # end function check_seo_page

function check_redirect(){
	$this->need_redirect = false; 
	$this->path_info = ltrim(getenv('PATH_INFO'), '/'); 
	$this->uri = ltrim( $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], '/' ); 
	$this->real_uri = ltrim( $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] . '?' . $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'], '/' ); //generates:  cgi-sys/php-cgiwrap/whiteman/php4.cgi?products_id=29
	if(strlen($this->path_info) > 0){
		//was originally:  $this->uri_parsed=parse_url(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) . '?' . $this->parse_path($this->path_info) ); //generates: php4.cgi?product_info.php which doesn't work
		$this->uri_parsed=parse_url(basename($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])); // generates:  product_info.php?products_id=29 which does work...
	}else{
		$this->uri_parsed=parse_url(basename($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])); 
	}	
	$this->need_redirect(); 
	$this->check_seo_page(); 	
	if ( $this->need_redirect && $this->is_seopage && $this->attributes['USE_SEO_REDIRECT'] == 'true') {
		$this->do_redirect();	
	}		
} # end function

Hi at all,

ich have some probs withe the contib. the install was easy and i have no error message like php script errors. My problems are:

1: if had made an order, I can not see the order at the admin page > SEO = True so i switch off and to the same i see the order.

2: ( SEO = True ) go to account, account_history I can see some sites like: -4 -3 -2 -1 0

3: Can I switch this

http://www.soundconnect.de/shop/catalog/tu...b118-p-122.html

to this

http://www.soundconnect.de/shop/catalog/turbosound tsb118.html

Thank you all for help!

Iam German and my englisch is bad -sorry- so i hope you can understand me

Dear Tino

Hi,

I just installed the Ultimate SEO on my site and it works, however, I cannot get rid off the PHP SID. When I set "Force Cookies" to true, then the SID disappears but there is no way to buy anything. Simply I'm getting a page informing me that my browser does not accept cookies (which is not true).

A sample URL looks like this:

http://www.night-vision-gear.com/10x65z-ar...a218e14822bf09e

I have set "Disable Spider Sessions" to true, so should I be worried that Google will not index my site?

Is there a way to fix this problem?

One more thing. I had the same problem with "Manufacturers" drop down list and I fixed it by setting "Enable Automatic Redirects" to false, however, now when I try add something to the shopping basket I'm getting message "Your cart is empty".

Peter

Edited by MagnusOptimus

Okay Multiple Problems....

Once I installed it exactly to a T I go this error

Internal Server Error

Checked my logs for apache and had this -

[Thu Apr 27 11:46:13 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error: Class 'SEO_URL' not found in C:\\Program Files\\Apache Group\\Apache2\\htdocs\\Bauer Web Development Projects\\feedyoursoul\\catalog\\includes\\application_top.php on line 291

Next I went to Application top and hardcoded the location on line 291 and go this error.

Warning: include_once(/includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\Bauer Web Development Projects\feedyoursoul\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 289

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\Bauer Web Development Projects\feedyoursoul\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 289

Fatal error: Class 'SEO_URL' not found in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\Bauer Web Development Projects\feedyoursoul\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 291

What the hell?

Can this contribution be made to work with localhost/windows? I would like to test locally before pushing it to live site.

I have been getting the following error when I click on a category.

"The requested URL /hardware-c-1.html was not found on this server."

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Jan S -

Thank you for posting this! I used the str_replace line and it corrected my problem with the Ultimate SEO & problem.

Barb

Found the solution to the problem regarding: amp;

This was posted by: lybrary

A big THX to him:)

Ok, after some more poking here is why this fails and how to correct it. I think this is a real bug. Comments appreciated. The function that causes the problem is function stock_href_link()

The last line is: return htmlspecialchars(utf8_encode($link));

Why is there a htmlspecialchars() function? This function turns every & into an &
I replaced it with:

return str_replace('"','"',str_replace('>','>',str_replace('<','<',utf8_encode($link))));

This does the same as htmlspecialchars except leaves the & unchanged, because these are the parameter separators.

It would be great to hear from the contribution author if my fix is ok or could cause other problems later on. Any other solution would be appreciated, too.

Hopes this helps all the others that have this problem!

Best Regards

Jan S

Hello there, I have a problem with Ultimate SEO 2.1d.

I installed it in a test site and works fine, except for the checkout process. After the checkout confirm, it goes to the login page again.

If I turn "Enable SEO URLs" to off, everything works ok.

Hi there

I installed the sEO package but unfortunatelly it doesn't work. :(

When I select one of the pages then I get a 404

You can check it here: http://www.ranaweera.com/secure/shop/

User: seo

Password: help

You can try the "Taschen" Category as that does not include any of the German special characters.

The phpinfo you can find here: http://www.ranaweera.com/secure/shop/phpinfo.php

Hope you can help me.

Hello,

I got this contribution installed and working along with

SID Killer (as instructed in that contribution for Integration)

Idon't see any SIDs in the URL though the.html extention is missing.

However Checking the stats on USER TRACKING contribution I can still see

Spiders and SIDS. Is this right ?

SIDInUsertrack.jpg

I Have also another contribution with following .htaccess file in the

root directory which eliminates all previous visits with SID being revisted

# $Id: .htaccess,v 1.3 2003/06/12 10:53:20 hpdl Exp $

# Set some options
Options -Indexes
DirectoryIndex index.php  /catalog/default.php
IndexIgnore *

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /
#
# Skip the next two rewriterules if NOT a spider
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} !(msnbot|slurp|googlebot|Gigabot) [NC]
RewriteRule .* - [S=2]
#
# case: leading and trailing parameters
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(.+)&osCsid=[0-9a-z]+&(.+)$ [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) $1?%1&%2 [R=301,L]
#
# case: leading-only, trailing-only or no additional parameters
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(.+)&osCsid=[0-9a-z]+$|^osCsid=[0-9a-z]+&?(.*)$ [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) $1?%1 [R=301,L]

#
# This is used with Apache WebServers
#
# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to
# the AllowOverride configuration
#
# Example:
#
# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
#   AllowOverride Options
# </Directory>
#
# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the
# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet
# Explorer browsers

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
 <IfDefine SSL>
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
		 nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
		 downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
 </IfDefine>
</IfModule>

# Fix certain PHP values
# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain
# servers)

#<IfModule mod_php4.c>
#  php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
#  php_value register_globals 1
#</IfModule>

as well as the following .htaccess in the catalog directory as required by

this contribution.

# $Id: .htaccess,v 1.1 2002/07/21 23:41:41 hpdl Exp $
#
# This is used with Apache WebServers
#
# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet
# Explorer browsers
#
# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Limit' to the
# AllowOverride configuration
#
# Example:
#
#<Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
#  AllowOverride Limit
#</Directory>
#
# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in your
# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
 <IfDefine SSL>
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
		 nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
		 downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
 </IfDefine>
</IfModule>
#Options -indexes
DirectoryIndex /catalog/default.php

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /directory/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I did observe that the SPIDERS stopped appearing in the USER Tracking report

when I had put the above (first) .htaccess in the ROOT directory but have

reappeared after the installation of this contribution which has eliminated

the SIDs from the URL.

I shall appriciate if some one could comment if this is the way it works

or if there is something wrong.

It looks like the URLS have been shortened by placing a combined .htaccess file

in the catalog directory .

I now have more robots than ever on the site but looking at shorter URLS.

However the html extentions are missing. Can anyone one who knows

confirm if this is how it will work.

NEWSEOURL.jpg

Hi all

I have been trying to get the nre version of SEO 2.2 working for the links manager contribution.

However I could not find the appropriate entry to be added to the .htaccess file. Does not seem to be in the documentation.

I took a guess but it does not work.

I added:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-l-(.*).html$ links.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Anybody know the right line?

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Hi there

I installed the sEO package but unfortunatelly it doesn't work. :(

When I select one of the pages then I get a 404

You can check it here: http://www.ranaweera.com/secure/shop/

User: seo

Password: help

You can try the "Taschen" Category as that does not include any of the German special characters.

The phpinfo you can find here: http://www.ranaweera.com/secure/shop/phpinfo.php

Hope you can help me.

is yout htaccess file updated correctly?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

is yout htaccess file updated correctly?

I guess so, didn't change the fila except for the RewriteBase.

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /secure/shop/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

BTW for passwort protection of directories htaccess is not used, maybe that has something to do with it.

I'm usting GNU/Deian Linux with Apache 1.3.3

In the httpd.conf the part handling htaccess is

# This controls which options the .htaccess files in directories can

# override. Can also be "All", or any combination of "Options", "FileInfo",

# "AuthConfig", and "Limit"

#

AllowOverride All

I have noticed that once I installed Ultimate SEO URLs that the popup_image page no longer resizes correctly.

Is there an easy solution for this. I have been racking my brain for serveral hours after unsuccessfully searching the forums and the contributions for something that might work.

Thanks.SEO

For those folks who are getting Server Error, or Internal Server Error messages.

My server tech people instructed me to remove the line from the .htaccess file:

Options +FollowSymLinks

And, now my Ultimate SEO 2.2 works like a charm.

Hope this help

hello,

i have one problem. i have installed SEO urls but when i open my shop every first time all links shows .html?osCsid=anything

in seo url configuration Add cPath to product URLs? = false

after first click on any link all links getting normal again.i mean ?osCsid=anything disapear. but when i clse my browser and open my store again the links showing with ?osCsid= again. and so one.

maybe someone can say something about this. its problem or not ? and how to solve it.

thank you in advance.

noone can help me to resolve this ?

The normal way fo rthis to function if the session id to appear and then dissappear after a few clicks.

I think that is what you described so I think that it is ok.

You might wat to go into the admin panel and got to Configuration>sessions and set the option for "Prevent Spider Sessions" to true this will disable the sessions for search enginge spiders.

Edited by ddp

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Great Work Every One, Keep it up :thumbsup:

I have a slight problem in the admin control panel section.

I get this error message under Configuration>SEO URLs

" Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /mnt/web_g/d04/s25/b01c6928/www/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1242"

and although the full option list for the SEO URLs shows up nderneath this error message, the contribution doesnt seem to be doing anything when I select true/ false etc for different options.

Somebody Please HELP ME!