• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Ultimate SEO urls in bilingual site?

Hi all, I am setting up an oscommerce shop with two languages, english and greek, and I just installed Ultimate SEO urls. It works fine but I noticed it does not differentiate the two languages in the urls it rewrites.

So a page in greek and the same one in english get the same url, the front page for example, or pages with category names not translated in greek.

Does Google have a problem with that?

Is there a way to add a /gr/ or /en/ somewhere in the url?

Thanks in advance....

Does this kill your google rank when you install it? I assume all your hard earned positions in google will now all be pointing to the wrong place now, right? I have put a lot of work into optimizing my site and while I'd love to put this contrib on my site, I'm hesitant to start over from ground zero. If I did, it would cause a big problem with my business. Any advice from people in the know?

Hello,

I've got a problem... In Spain, we use tildes, acutes... (?, ?, ?, ?, ?...) and if I see a webpage withe SEO URLS I don't see the correct letters, I see simbols... Can you help me? Thanks you

Forums, the perfect place to practice my English. From Spain.

In the cofiguration settings for SEO URLs there is an option called Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)? which should be set to false. There is a small bug which was corrected on the improved (but not released) versions of Ultimate SEO URLs.

devx, i don't see the "Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)?" link in the SEO URLs config section. Unlikely, but maybe I missed a step in the install? I know I read that the first time you load a page after the install, the database will get configured. Maybe I'm not seeing the link because the site has never "loaded" with the SEO URLs contribution... I've always received the fatal error message.

Hi,

I had this contribution working earlier. I moved my catalog to the root directory and now it does not work. When I click on my products, it shows "page cannot be found." Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!!

Hi,

I had this contribution working earlier. I moved my catalog to the root directory and now it does not work. When I click on my products, it shows "page cannot be found." Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!!

I had to change the htaccess file. Thanks for the reply!

Hello,

I've got a problem... In Spain, we use tildes, acutes... (?, ?, ?, ?, ?...) and if I see a webpage withe SEO URLS I don't see the correct letters, I see simbols... Can you help me? Thanks you

Vger, I know... but it's only a few changes in .htaccess, and I don't know how can I do this. Can you hlp me please? Thanks :)

Edited by Phosky

Forums, the perfect place to practice my English. From Spain.

Very Nice Contribution; THANKS.

This are 2 codes that work OK in Windows 2003 IIS 6.0 using HELICON ISAPI REWRITE.

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ /index.php\?cPath=$2
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html\?(.*)$ /index.php\?cPath=$2&$3
RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ /product_info.php\?products_id=$2
RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html\?(.*)$ /product_info.php\?products_id=$2&$3
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ /index.php\?manufacturers_id=$2
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ /popup_image.php\?pID=$2
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html\?(.*)$ /popup_image.php\?pID=$2&$3
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ /articles.php\?tPath=$2
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ /article_info.php\?articles_id=$2
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ /product_reviews.php\?products_id=$2
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html\?(.*)$ /product_reviews.php\?products_id=$2&$3
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ /product_reviews_info.php\?products_id=$2
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html\?(.*)$ /product_reviews_info.php\?products_id=$2&$3
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html\?(.*)$ /product_reviews.php\?products_id=$2&$3
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ /information.php\?info_id=$2

RewriteRule /.*-p-(.*)\.html(?:\?.*)? /product_info.php\?products_id=$1?2&$2: [I,L]
RewriteRule /.*-c-(.*)\.html(?:\?.*)? /index.php\?cPath=$1?2&$2: [I,L]
RewriteRule /.*-m-(.*)\.html(?:\?.*)? /index.php\?manufacturers_id=$1?2&$2: [I,L]
RewriteRule /.*-pi-(.*)\.html(?:\?.*)? /popup_image.php\?pID=$1?2&$2: [I,L]
RewriteRule /.*-t-(.*)\.html(?:\?.*)? /articles.php\?tPath=$1?2&$2: [I,L]
RewriteRule /.*-a-(.*)\.html(?:\?.*)? /article_info.php\?articles_id=$1?2&$2: [I,L]
RewriteRule /.*-pr-(.*)\.html(?:\?.*)? /product_reviews.php\?products_id=$1?2&$2: [I,L]
RewriteRule /.*-pri-(.*)\.html(?:\?.*)? /product_reviews_info.php\?products_id=$1?2&$2: [I,L]
RewriteRule /.*-i-(.*)\.html(?:\?.*)? /information.php\?info_id=$1?2&$2: [I,L]

Best Regards.

Hi all

Just installed SEO URLS version 2.1d. Now when I acces my site I get the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

I have enabled .htaccess on my server and here is a copy of my .htaccess file:

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I have never worked with .htaccess before and figure that I must be making some kind of error there.

before I uploaded the .htaccess file the urls were being rewrittent correctly but no pages were appearing.

You can see the error here:

Any help would be apprieciated.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

I have two websites, one has Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 installed, the other does not. It is for testing only.

The other site has osc Affiliate running, the 2nd does not. After installing osc Affiliate onto the 1st site and found it working OK, it was added to the 2nd site, the one that had no trouble running Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1.

The site crashed after installing the osc Affiliate.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare affiliate_check_url() (previously declared in /home/kcpatv/www/www/catalog/includes/functions/affiliate_functions.php:17) in /home/kcpatv/www/www/catalog/includes/functions/affiliate_functions.php on line 17

Checked it 3-4 times and can't find the problem. Decided to attempt to remove the Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1, as having the affiliate mod running was rated higher in importance.

Does anyone know the complete list of files that were changed/modified by the Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 software?

Better yet, has anyone else experienced the same problem? We have shared hosting and the new and improved version of osCommerce (05-1113?)

Doctor Mason, World's #1 "Temporary Webmaster"

I installed this contribution on my site and it seems to work okay except that I now get an "Unable to determine the page link!" error when I try to search for a product in the quick find window. I scanned the forum for a solution, but didn't find one. It finds the product okay, but the error seems to happen after the product is displayed. This problem didn't exist before I installed the contrib. Also, I have "use search-engine safe URLs" set to false in the My Store control panel.

Any ideas?

I installed this contribution on my site and it seems to work okay except that I now get an "Unable to determine the page link!" error when I try to search for a product in the quick find window. I scanned the forum for a solution, but didn't find one. It finds the product okay, but the error seems to happen after the product is displayed. This problem didn't exist before I installed the contrib. Also, I have "use search-engine safe URLs" set to false in the My Store control panel.

Any ideas?

I investigated some more and the line that is causing the error is:

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link($HTTP_REFERRER, tep_get_all_get_params(array('sort', 'page')), 'NONSSL', true, false) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK) . '</a>';

If I replace $HTTP_REFERRER with index.php or any other valid page it seems to work okay. Any idea why Ultimate SEO URLs would cause problems with a server variable like that?

In the cofiguration settings for SEO URLs there is an option called Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)? which should be set to false. There is a small bug which was corrected on the improved (but not released) versions of Ultimate SEO URLs.

I was really hoping to hear back from you on this issue. It's a critical piece for our site and the engines. please if possible to help i can also pay you for your time. thanks.

Jason Morrow

Hello,

I recently installed this contribution, and it seems to work nicely for my shop. I did not tweak any of the configuration settings, for fear of messing something up. I am also using the header tags contrib., so my products are now showing up decently on the Google search engine.

Sorry if this is a common question, but what I would like to know is if it is possible to get rid of the "osCsid" info which appears at the bottom of each of my links when you find me on Google. Any other optimal configuration setting recommendations will be appreciated. Please advise.

thanks.

Hi. This is my fourth post to this forum without a single response back. I guess I'm either asking dumb questions or people just don't have time anymore. I'm going to ask one more question and hope that someone out there is listening that can help.

I installed the contribution and it appears that the automatic redirects do not seem to be working. I have "Enable automatic redirects?" set to true. Here's what I expect the contribution to do:

If a user types in http://www.myurl.com/product_info.php?products_id=25

I expect the contribution to forward the link to the new SEO friendly URL. Instead it just goes to the url I typed in. My concern is that google has my old URL and will find duplicate content on my site if I don't get redirects working right.

hey guys,

can any one please help me fix this issue.

if i click manufacturer name for example "sony"

url is something like this

> http://www.mysite.com/sony-m-28.html

and then click on any product in sony (manufactuere)

url > http://www.mysite.com/sony-tv27-p-505.html...facturers_id=28

how can i remove this ?manufacturers_id=28 at the end.

url should be

> http://www.mysite.com/sony-tv27-p-505.html

any help is greatly apprecaited

thankyou

Anytime a robot follows links on my site, they are still getting the oscsid like this:

http://www.totallygirly.com/gift-certifica...679a24f37804a48

How do I make sure that the robots get just the http://www.totallygirly.com/gift-certificate-c-17.html

hello Jen,

download this contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...l/search,spider

and just replace the spider.txt file in your /includes/spider.txt

and then go to admin > configuration > sessions and turn Prevent Spider Sessions > True.

this should fix the problem

hello Jen,

download this contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...l/search,spider

and just replace the spider.txt file in your /includes/spider.txt

and then go to admin > configuration > sessions and turn Prevent Spider Sessions > True.

this should fix the problem

I did this once before and it prevented all spidering. I want the robots to spider the links but not with the sid's.

I did this once before and it prevented all spidering. I want the robots to spider the links but not with the sid's.

mmm do you have robots.txt file it should be in >

/public_html/robots.txt

and make sure its configured right. Not sure what else can be the cause. I have these 2 settings and i am getting spidered regularly.

hi all

I recently installed the seo contribution on my test server, and it works a charm.

I bought hosting space (same package, same company) and copied all files/database structure across to the new hosting space. (then went into config files and changed the details appropriately, and any references to old site structure in the database).

When I view the store on the new hosting space, i get ?osCsid= at the end of each link and a load of numbers.

I click through to lots of different pages and it does not disappear, it stays. Which is really annoying.

Is there anything I can do - or check, to fix this?

the site is: www.classicalfloraldesigns.co.uk/catalog

if you click on one of the categories you'll see the session stuck to the end of the link. Then clicking through and going around site, it doesnt disappear. It stays tacked on the end of the url.

Any suggestions would be great. I can paste code of .htaccess or any php files - for someone to analyse?

mmm do you have robots.txt file it should be in >

/public_html/robots.txt

and make sure its configured right. Not sure what else can be the cause. I have these 2 settings and i am getting spidered regularly.

Yes, I have robots.txt as well as the spider.txt file. Is the spider.txt file supposed to be in the root?