• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hello,

The Ultimate SEO is a great contribution. I just need one help regarding the session id.

I have installed Ultimate SEO 2.1d in my site. It is functioning well. I just want to know if its possible to hide the osCsid in the index page. The session id gets hidden once I click any of the links in the index page. It does not get displayed again unless I am in the https section, which is perfectly fine.

But the first time I open my site and view the index page, the session id is displayed with all the links. I suppose this may have an issue with the search engines. Is there anyway by which I can get around this? The catalog is in the root of the site. And the following is my .htaccess file:

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>

<IfDefine SSL>

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \

nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \

downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

</IfDefine>

</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_php4.c>

php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

php_value register_globals 1

</IfModule>

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

The Apache server version is 1.3 and php is 4.4.0 . Register_globals is turned on.

Please help me with this.

Hello All,

I just finished installing this contrib ( i have many others installed also, but none that should conflict ) and when I go to my site all I get is:

Internal Server Error 500. The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

I have read that a lot of people have this problem but have not yet found the solution. Something to do with the .htaccess file I assume.

its running on my own windows server with XAMPP. Thats with apache, not IIS. Is there something special I need to do?

The store root is located at e:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\catalog\ on the server.

HELP PLEASE!

Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 is available for download.

Please Help me

SEO URLs not working on Apache on window 2000 server, i got the error like

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

developer2

03/10/2006 02:07:18 PM

Apache/2.0.49 (Win32) mod_perl/1.99_12 Perl/v5.8.3 DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.0.49 OpenSSL/0.9.7d PHP/4.3.6

404 Error

Seems I have been having the same problem as a few mentioned before. I followed the install directions for the most recent version, but all my category pages came up as 404 errors. I am on a shared ssl. Also, I have cDynamic Meta Tags installed. Could there be a conflict or am I just doing something wrong? Thank you for any help!

Leslie

as postet some week ago, we can't get rid of the session ids.

we tried everything there is, but google index is full of dynamic links. over 35.000 pages in the index with only about 700 articles in my online store.

just do a site search on http://shop.cecconi.at

google is working hard on kicking duplicate content sites at the moment and i'm afraid of ending up in the sandbox within short time from now, as i don't have duplicate but multiple content. :(

might the second language be the problem?

in my logfiles i find both...static urls and dynamic crawled by goolge-robot, and i have no clue why this happens.

when searching for my keywords there only show up static links, when doing a:

"shop.cecconi.at" or allinurl:shop.cecconi.at site:shop.cecconi.at , there are only dynamic links shown.

your help resolving this problem would be really appreciated!

greetz a.c.

as postet some week ago, we can't get rid of the session ids.

we tried everything there is, but google index is full of dynamic links. over 35.000 pages in the index with only about 700 articles in my online store.

just do a site search on http://shop.cecconi.at

google is working hard on kicking duplicate content sites at the moment and i'm afraid of ending up in the sandbox within short time from now, as i don't have duplicate but multiple content. :(

might the second language be the problem?

in my logfiles i find both...static urls and dynamic crawled by goolge-robot, and i have no clue why this happens.

when searching for my keywords there only show up static links, when doing a:

"shop.cecconi.at" or allinurl:shop.cecconi.at site:shop.cecconi.at , there are only dynamic links shown.

your help resolving this problem would be really appreciated!

greetz a.c.

those must be old indexed links because currently your site does not issue session id's to google spiders.

Treasurer MFC

Hello,

I installed this contrib Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2-2.1c and that goes well locally!

but on my website server (Lycos) that does not function because of the htaccess!

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, cfWEBADMIN and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I was obliged to modify this code in the htaccess so ...that is function normally .

#Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

Can you say to me the result if this code modification ?

Thank you

Looking for feedback: I am interested in the Google PR of those sites with Ultimate SEO URLs and the Header Tags Controller contributions installed.

Does anyone have both of these contribs installed and have a decent Google PR for their products and categories. I have noticed that there are some sites that have zero PR for categories and some products with Ultimate SEO URL contrib installed, even though they have had the contrib installed for over 6 months.

Hello,

I installed this contrib Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2-2.1c and that goes well locally!

but on my website server (Lycos) that does not function because of the htaccess!

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, cfWEBADMIN and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I was obliged to modify this code in the htaccess so ...that is function normally .

#Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

Can you say to me the result if this code modification ?

Thank you

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/creativ6/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

getting a error any idea's?

Got Geek? Smash forehead on keyboard to continue.....

Looking for feedback: I am interested in the Google PR of those sites with Ultimate SEO URLs and the Header Tags Controller contributions installed.

Does anyone have both of these contribs installed and have a decent Google PR for their products and categories. I have noticed that there are some sites that have zero PR for categories and some products with Ultimate SEO URL contrib installed, even though they have had the contrib installed for over 6 months.

I would like to know as well. I installed SEO on my site-works fine (minus the ?manufactures_id after all my html's) so I am waiting a bit to see how it effects PR...I installed the header contrib on my test server and it blew my site up, so I am going to wait to install on my live site! haha

But anyway, want to know how PR has worked for others with both.

I think googlebot has a problem with my install of Ultimate SEO and the sitemap generated from it.

e.g. (by the way this site is LIVE)

one of my site page URL's

http://shacktools.com/sykes-universal-body...ool-p-1878.html

How its written in the sitemap ( http://www.shacktools.com/google_sitemap.xml )

http://www.shacktools.com/sykes-universal-...ool-p-1878.html

BUT the google bot is visting

http://shacktools.com/sykes-universal-body...ol-pr-1878.html

Look carfully at the URL google visits, notice the r inserted after the p in the URL, what that all about? The link above only loads the header too, and no dynamic meta tags either. Is it a mistake in my htaccess file maybe?

Brilliant contribution though!

Edited by Caios

Hi Leslie

Did you resolve this. I am getting this error too.

I think it is something to do with step 3 Edit includes/functions/html_output.php. When I make the change it 404's.

Within my htaccess file i changed /directory/ to /osc/. To check, my catalog folder is in www.mystore.com/osc/catalog

Appreciate next steps.

Thanks

W

404 Error

Seems I have been having the same problem as a few mentioned before. I followed the install directions for the most recent version, but all my category pages came up as 404 errors. I am on a shared ssl. Also, I have cDynamic Meta Tags installed. Could there be a conflict or am I just doing something wrong? Thank you for any help!

Leslie

Ultimate SEO URL requires modRewrite- it won't work without it. The SEF contrib and AP rewrite contrib also also require modRewrite. To my knowledge the only one that works without modRewrite is the cName & pName contrib.

My host does not offer "mod_rewrite" can this or any other similar SEO contributions be setup without this feature?

Was getting 404s when SEO URL is enabled... This seems to have fixed it so far:

In .htaccess, replace "/directory/" with "/catalog/" ...

Oh, well.

Edited by Zorglubsky

Hi Leslie

Did you resolve this. I am getting this error too.

I think it is something to do with step 3 Edit includes/functions/html_output.php. When I make the change it 404's.

Within my htaccess file i changed /directory/ to /osc/. To check, my catalog folder is in www.mystore.com/osc/catalog

Appreciate next steps.

Thanks

W

No, sorry, I have not resolved it. And I believe I had changed the .htaccess file to reflect my own directory.

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/pleasure/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

I get this error in the admin section. Any ideas?

Edited by swtnhpy

Hmm, that seems to have done the job for me. In my case though it becomes /osc/catalog/

W

Was getting 404s when SEO URL is enabled... This seems to have fixed it so far:

In .htaccess, replace "/directory/" with "/catalog/" ...

Oh, well.

Error message only shows in addressbar, it used to show on the consering page.

I have installed Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2-2.1d_1

Everthing works perfect, only problem is the error message is not showing on some pages and backbutton that i have added to product_info page stop working.

***When i disable SEO url's everything works!***

Error message shows when a customer tries to create a new account using an exsisting email address.*OK*

The problem accure on this page: /catalog/checkout_payment.php (Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons) and the last page: /catalog/checkout_confirmation.php (cardia payment gateway for creditcards)

I first saw the that the error message did not show anymore, when i tried to use: Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons. This worked just fine before. Then i notice that the problem also accure when there is an seriose error when paying with credit card, this also worked before!

It seems like the message are created, but it does not show where it sopose to do anymore, only in the addressbar in browser. Heres the browser url's (i removed the shops domainname)

/catalog/checkout_payment.php?payment_error=ot_coupon&error=Invalid+Coupon+Code

/catalog/checkout_payment.php?payment_error=ot_coupon&error=The+coupon+has+been+successfully+applied+for+kr312%2C50+on+orders+greater+than+kr10%2C00

/catalog/checkout_payment.php?osCsid=d6c930b9e3aa4cf792cf2227dc859d8b&payment_error=cardia

Theres a tip in this thread about: Disable "Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)?"

Where do you do this? and would this affect anything else?

Im really stuck now, i have readed almost everthing in this thread, no luck:(

Can anybody please help me out with this problem, any suggestions?

THX alot in advance:)

Best regards

Jan

Edited by seiern

I found out that the "Ultimate SEO URLs" produses this extra characters: amp;

Look at this:

/catalog/checkout_payment.php?payment_error=ot_coupon&error=Invalid+Coupon+Code *OK, have removed amp;*

/catalog/checkout_payment.php?payment_error=ot_coupon&error=Invalid+Coupon+Code *not showing error message*

/catalog/checkout_payment.php?payment_error=ot_coupon&error=The+coupon+has+been+successfully+applied+for+kr250%2C00+on+orders+greater+than+kr10%2C00 *OK, have removed amp;*

/catalog/checkout_payment.php?payment_error=ot_coupon&error=The+coupon+has+been+successfully+applied+for+kr250%2C00+on+orders+greater+than+kr10%2C00 *not showing error message*

/catalog/checkout_payment.php?osCsid=5e28c68e33afbf7a78bc28a79c42d6eb&payment_error=cardia *OK, have removed amp;*

/catalog/checkout_payment.php?osCsid=5e28c68e33afbf7a78bc28a79c42d6eb&payment_error=cardia *not showing error message*

The first line in the URL, i have removed the problem that "Ultimate SEO URLs" produses: amp;

When i try to refresh the site after removing the extra characters( amp; ), the message shows as if i have disable "Ultimate SEO URLs" everything is OK

How can i filter out this: amp; or what produces this unwanted characters: amp;

Can somebody please help me out, i dont know how i can fix this problem, i have readed all the thread related to this problem, i have tried searching. I have been looking at all the affecting *php pages

Im REALLY STUCK:(

Best regards

Jan

Edited by seiern

I found this posted in the contributions section by "bchecketts"

the '&' character is valid when it is displayed on a page because the browser intreprets it correctly. However when it is used in a redirect, the browser doesn't intrepret the '&' into just '&', so it shows up incorrectly in the url

Added these two lines to includes/classes/seo.class.php line #1890

# BC Redirects shouldn't have '&'s in them

$url = preg_replace('/&/','&',$url);

But i cant make it work, any suggestions?

Regards

Jan

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me.

I've been using rewrite's for quite some time now, so mod rewrite isn't the issue here.

When I install 2.1(a, b, c, d,... doesn't matter)

I get the following (see photo below). This is before I even get to my .htaccess; which I thought would fix it since it's the last step in the install though updating the .htaccess file doesn't correct the problem either.

Everytime I instll SEO URL's I get this

seoprob.gif

That's all I get.. solid text

Edited by custodian

My Contributions

Henry Smith