• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

here are 2 examples from my logfile.

66.249.72.167 - - [03/Feb/2006:14:31:50 +0100] "GET /anri-angel-blue-ulrich-bernardi-nativity-ulrich-bernardi-p-260.html HTTP/1.1" 200 30309 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)"

66.249.72.167 - - [03/Feb/2006:15:52:54 +0100] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 7707 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)"

66.249.72.167 - - [03/Feb/2006:15:58:03 +0100] "GET /wintersalweide-p-728.html?osCsid=a330d2483d1abcf268113bf2169e9637 HTTP/1.1" 200 28761 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)"

66.249.72.167 - - [03/Feb/2006:15:58:03 +0100] "GET /zinnfiguren-c-27.html?osCsid=5921e094af6572269775ea7285c0c19a HTTP/1.1" 200 25448 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)"

same day, same spider, same IP...on the first exampel there are clean converted urls, on the second you see the dynamic links.

greetz A.C.

Those are not "dynamic links" those are url's with attached session id's and most likely indexed some time ago.

Treasurer MFC

Hello everyone. I've installed this contribution on several sites and on several different servers with no problems. However, this time around I am getting a problem.

After installation when I go to the index.php page (or any other page) all I get is a blank screen.

Also none of the configuration settings are saved to the db and the new table cache is not created.

I read all 27 pages and saw a few other mentions of this but no reasons or fixes.

I'm assuming that it has something to do with hte .htaccess....but not sure what.

Any ideas, suggestions, comments??

Anyone else been hit hard by the latest google update using this contribution?

When I now do a google search on the product name, my store listing for this product is not on the first 25 pages of google.

Prior to the latest google update, I was on the first page for nearly every item in my store.

This is a great contribution. Though I got this problem, I hope somebody could help me with it. It'd be so appreciated. I installed the Ultimate SEO URLs, and it works great but the problem is, that our shop is in Persian, which uses utf8, and so when I enable U SEO Us, the link do not show correctly, atleast like wikipedia, which uses unicode for its links it gets listed in the search engines, and the links in Persian from wikipedia are readable, but mine are just ASCII codes, not numbers (unicode) showing that the mission of encoding was not successful. I don't know what to do. I tried changing the seo.class.php to not use utf8_encode() and use some other function, but all seem not working till now.

ok, I'll explain it more if somebody could help me please.

best regards

Hamzah

Hi,

I installed the latest version of the Ultimate SEO URLs contribution for OsC yesterday.. Everything seemed to go fine.. but upon double checking everything, I found that orders placed witch Ultimate SEO URLs enabled did not have order IDs (order ID shows up as 0). This was fixed by a tip in the forums:

//SEO Fix

if ($insert_id == 0) {

$query_maxorder_id = tep_db_query("SELECT MAX(orders_id) as count FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS . " WHERE customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "'");

$maxorder_id = tep_db_fetch_array($query_maxorder_id);

$insert_id = $maxorder_id['count'];

}

//SEO Fix

No idea what causes it to go away in the first place, but turning SEO off fixes it..

A bigger problem that I've run into though is that with SEO URLs enabled, creating an account doesn't work.. it always errors out, TEP_STOP DB error.. I have the purchase without account contribution installed too; happens with that as well.. Also, if you do manage to create an account (seems to be random when it lets you with SEO on); your address appears blank.. Looking at my SQL tables, the customers_default_address_id is always 0 for all accounts made with SEO URLs on.. There seems to be other missing info as well.. Turning SEO off fixes this completely.. Any ideas? Any help you can provide is much appreciated!

I'm having an issue with "add to cart" buttons not adding the cart.... I think it's something to do with the htaccess only passing the first variable in the url and not passing the action=buy_now.

Here is an example url:

http://www.mydomain.com/cat-c-22.html?prod...buy_now&sort=3a

The htaccess line says:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Thanks!

first of all I want to thank you Chemo for the most awesome work I have ever seen. A lot of people think that parsing out the URL's so that they are search engine friendly really don't mean anything, but as an seo expert myself I can tell you it makes all the difference in the world. So anyone out there that has the chance to install this contribution should do it without hesitation and be thankful like myself that there are people like Chemo out there that knows the importance of it.

Now to my question. I created an articles site map so that search engines have an additional place to pick up on all the articles I create on my site. The problem I am having is that the URL's are parsing out perfectly on the site map. However, on the left nav bar the articles subtopics URL's are different as they are not parsing out the full name of the page.

see the website below and take a look at the subtopic URL's under fluorescent lighting. You will see they are perfect. Now, click on the main topic fluorescent lighting and look at the subtopic URL's in the left nav bar. They are not parsing out properly. PLEASE, if you can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it as I don't want 2 different URL's with the same content as this won't look good to the search engines.

Click Here to view my articles site map

Thank you and keep up the good work!

JJackow

first of all I want to thank you Chemo for the most awesome work I have ever seen. A lot of people think that parsing out the URL's so that they are search engine friendly really don't mean anything, but as an seo expert myself I can tell you it makes all the difference in the world. So anyone out there that has the chance to install this contribution should do it without hesitation and be thankful like myself that there are people like Chemo out there that knows the importance of it.

Now to my question. I created an articles site map so that search engines have an additional place to pick up on all the articles I create on my site. The problem I am having is that the URL's are parsing out perfectly on the site map. However, on the left nav bar the articles subtopics URL's are different as they are not parsing out the full name of the page.

see the website below and take a look at the subtopic URL's under fluorescent lighting. You will see they are perfect. Now, click on the main topic fluorescent lighting and look at the subtopic URL's in the left nav bar. They are not parsing out properly. PLEASE, if you can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it as I don't want 2 different URL's with the same content as this won't look good to the search engines.

Click Here to view my articles site map

Thank you and keep up the good work!

UPDATE:

after spending a few hours looking over everything it looks to me like the problem lies with the catalog/includes/boxes/articles.php file

If someone can help me rewrite this page so that is works properly I would appreciate it.

JJackow

I have installed this contrib, but get a 404 error, I think it is something to do with me having my store located in the root directory of my server but the admin is located in the catalog/admin/ my store works fine like this but on this contrib I am getting the 404 errors on the product pages, does anyone know what settings I need to change to get it to work?

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Houston we have a problem

Using easy populate and this contrib, when you type in a product into your browser say product_info.php?cPath=43_51&products_id=67 for example it will just redirect to product_info.php is that normal. So the products that have been index by the search engines already won't show up, is there anyway to have the product_info.php?cPath=43_51&products_id=67 redirected to the .html version rather than just a plain product_info.php

Settings in the admin are

Enable SEO URLs? true

Add cPath to product URLs? false

Add category parent to begining of URLs? true

Filter Short Words 3

Enable SEO cache to save queries? true

Enable product cache? true

Enable categories cache? true

Enable manufacturers cache? true

Enable articles cache? true

Enable topics cache? true

Enable information cache? true

Enable automatic redirects? true

Choose URL Rewrite Type Rewrite

Enter special character conversions

Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? false

Reset SEO URLs Cache false

Hi,

I installed the latest version of the Ultimate SEO URLs contribution for OsC yesterday.. Everything seemed to go fine.. but upon double checking everything, I found that orders placed witch Ultimate SEO URLs enabled did not have order IDs (order ID shows up as 0). This was fixed by a tip in the forums:

//SEO Fix

if ($insert_id == 0) {

$query_maxorder_id = tep_db_query("SELECT MAX(orders_id) as count FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS . " WHERE customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "'");

$maxorder_id = tep_db_fetch_array($query_maxorder_id);

$insert_id = $maxorder_id['count'];

}

//SEO Fix

No idea what causes it to go away in the first place, but turning SEO off fixes it..

A bigger problem that I've run into though is that with SEO URLs enabled, creating an account doesn't work.. it always errors out, TEP_STOP DB error.. I have the purchase without account contribution installed too; happens with that as well.. Also, if you do manage to create an account (seems to be random when it lets you with SEO on); your address appears blank.. Looking at my SQL tables, the customers_default_address_id is always 0 for all accounts made with SEO URLs on.. There seems to be other missing info as well.. Turning SEO off fixes this completely.. Any ideas? Any help you can provide is much appreciated!

What can I say!

Absolutely top class contribution!!! Worked first time for me with no messing about, love it! My Google sitemap feed, looks great now!

Thanks very much!

Only thing I?d like to see on it is the inclusion of the product model number in the url.

Hi there,

Thanks so much for Chemo's contribution. I have no problem with the installation. However, when I test the pages, I encounter the following problem.

In Advanced Search, when there is no product that matches the search criteria, clicking "Back" button returns "no page found".

E.g. Search for "ABC" in advanced search.

Search result shows URL

/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ABC&categories_id=&inc_subcat=1&dfrom=mm%2Fdd%2Fyyyy&dto=mm%2Fdd%2Fyyyy&x=14&y=8

After clicking "Back" button, URL returns

/catalog/advanced_search.php/keywords/ABC/inc_subcat/1/dfrom/mm%2Fdd%2Fyyyy/dto/mm%2Fdd%2Fyyyy

I have to disable SEO URLs for the time being to make the "back" button works. I guess it's due to mm%2Fdd%2Fyyyy/dto/mm%2Fdd%2Fyyyy but I don't know how to set the RewriteRule. Still trying, please help!

Regards,

SC

Hey did anyone figure out the problem with

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/user/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1278
on the "Configuration > SEO Urls" page? Edited by akoss

This script is awsome. i have a few questions for those that are dedicated to this script and this thread. I tried to PM Chemo and it looks like he has been banned, anyone know about that? also, everything went smoothly and i installed the script perfectly, except for one little problem, when updating the .htaccess file, Microsoft Frontpage becomes unaccessable and cannot connect with my server. the moment i remove the lines from .htaccess, frontpage starts working again. I am guessing the lines you must add to the .htaccess are interfiering with frontpage extensions, does anyone have a fix for this?

i have read this in this thread but really havent found a concrete answer, but is it true that using the rewrite method slows down the server and the average page response time? the older versions of this contribution worked with cname instead of rewrite and it stated in the older contributions install file that the rewrite is a slower method by a few milliseconds. DO you think this contributions advantages out weigh the slower page displays, my answer is yes only because it is a concrete contribution, and all of todays leading online markets are usiing this method, but what you do you think?

Where has Chemo gone?

Hey guys,

Just installeld the contrib, now I am having one problem. Whenever i click on a product or catagory or whatever aslong as seo is enabled ie says the page cannot be found. However when i turn off seo then it works properly. The only page i can see is index, just when i click to go to a product I get nothing.

Can someone help me?

thanks,

kris

Don't die with the music in you!!!

Failure is just another boundary to sucess!!! But that doesn't mean your getting somewhere...

Did you configure htaccess correctly?

We're set up like this:

in public_html, we have a directory called Store. In that directory os our OSC catalog directory. There is an .htaccess file in there that contaions:

# $Id: .htaccess,v 1.3 2003/06/12 10:53:20 hpdl Exp $

#

# This is used with Apache WebServers

#

# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to

# the AllowOverride configuration

#

# Example:

#

# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">

# AllowOverride Options

# </Directory>

#

# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the

# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet

# Explorer browsers

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>

<IfDefine SSL>

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \

nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \

downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

</IfDefine>

</IfModule>

# Fix certain PHP values

# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain

# servers)

#<IfModule mod_php4.c>

# php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

# php_value register_globals 1

#</IfModule>

Is this O.K.? Where do I add the SEO code?

Thanks

My problem starts when I replace the application_top and html_output files. That's where the trouble seems to be. When I try to navigate beyond the index page, I get not found error, If I replace the files with the original, everything's o.k.

Does anyone have uninstall instructions for this contribution? I tried to reverse the installation, but couldn't even get to my catalog index page after going through the procedure three different times. Now I'm stuck with a production store that isn't working. I've never been able to solve a weird "add to cart" issue where I could add some products to the shopping cart, but not others.

To do the uninstall:

I removed the seo_cache and reset_seo_cache files.

Reverted to the backups of the applicaton_top, html_output, categories.php, general.php and removed the additions to my .htaccess file.

Did I miss something?

Right now the site (www.fxsails.com) is back to using the contribution because it's the only way I have of allowing folks to browse the store - but I have to direct them to the phone and/or email because the cart isn't functioning.

Hello,

Just installeld the contrib, and work fine but i have a problem with the LANGUAGES.

In English I get :

...../notebook-inspiron-p-165.html?manufacturers_id=25&osCsid=741b3e9ac85ff0da1fdb93ddd04b1ee5

and when I swich to romanian, I get this:

...../notebookdellinspiron6000pm730-p-165.html?manufacturers_id=25&osCsid=741b3e9ac85ff0da1fdb93ddd04b1ee5

and what is this code:

&osCsid=741b3e9ac85ff0da1fdb93ddd04b1ee5

Can someone help me?