• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hi everyone,

I installed Ultimate SEO URLS v2.1 on my website...

I followed the instructions step by step 3 times and still can not get it too work...

On my main page the links look like they are supposed to...

When I follow say a category link it takes me to the category page but the design and images don't show up...

Its like it refuses to place the correct image paths and doesn't want to recognize my stylesheet...

The shop works fine without Ultimate SEO installed but I would like to have it installed...

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be wrong?

Thanks

Nick

I?ve installed 2.0b on Windows 2003 with IIS 6.0 for five times and always I?m obtain

CGI ERROR.

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

I choose url type cNAME and SEO URL is enabled.

What can I do? I think that the problem is in application_top.php but i don?t know exactly where.

Please help me.

Thanks.

Edited by fasiso

Hi there chantal7

i also had this problem and ended up giving up and uninstalling this ultimate_seo_url contribution if you can uninstall this contribution do so as there are many configuration and conflict problems with this contribution i advise you to check this forum i set up http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=180117 all the answers to the oscsid problems are here is so easy you will wonder why you ever installed the ultimate seo_urls contribution no offence to chemo maybe if he was not band from this forum just maybe there would be a solution to the problems with this contribution check the oscsid forum

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=180117

it worked for me

:)

add

ignor this i am just putting some keywords so that people may find this info through the search feature

seo_urls, seo url, mysql, permission denied, oscsid, cookies, cache configure.php, reset_seo_cache.php, seo_class

Edited by maltonge

i also had this problem and ended up giving up and uninstalling this ultimate_seo_url contribution if you can uninstall this contribution do so as there are many configuration and conflict problems with this contribution i advise you to check this forum i set up http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=180117 all the answers to the oscsid problems are here is so easy you will wonder why you ever installed the ultimate seo_urls contribution no offence to chemo maybe if he was not band from this forum just maybe there would be a solution to the problems with this contribution check the oscsid forum
As far as I can tell, passing the oscsid is the only way you can use OSCommerce with cookies turned off. So killing ALL oscid's will make your site non-functional for any browsers with cookies disabled. I'm not sure if 'sid killer' deals with this or not - Does it? I'm curious.

There's another contribution I'm planning on trying to deal w/ the SID issue. This one only kills oscid's used by bots & spiders - it does NOT kill oscid for a normal web browser. It also returns a 301 to the spider/bot so the bot knows it needs to update the cached page. So, theoretically this should allow you to checkout without cookies AND it should get rid of google's cached 'oscid' pages of your site.

It's called the Spider Session Remover.

Mal, this contribution should work in tandem w/ Ultimate SEO to give you good URLs and stop google from spidering your site w/ oscids AND allow browsers w/ cookies disabled to use your site.

To all those who are experiencing blank pages when enabling Ultimate SEO URLs:

I recently had an experiencing that you might appreciate. Working on 2 of my sites, I found that site1 had Ultimate SEO URLs working perfectly. I tgz'ed up the files, and copied them to site2, expanded the files and change the configure.php files appropriately.

With Ultimate SEO URLs enabled on site2, I got blank pages. Identical code to site1.

Here are a few differences (from admin/server_info.php):

site1:

- MySQL 4.0.25-standard

- HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.34 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.25 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b

- PHP Version: 4.4.0 (Zend: 1.3.0)

site2:

- MySQL 4.1.12

- HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.3.11

- PHP Version: 4.3.11 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Both sites are Linux.

I also have it working successfully on site3, with the following:

- MySQL 4.0.21-log

- HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.29

- PHP Version: 4.3.10 (Zend: 1.3.0)

The only way I was had any success getting it to work on site1 was by disabling Admin >> Configuration >> SEO URLs >> Enable SEO cache to save queries? . In the same section, I turned off product cache, categories cache, etc, just to be safe.

The contrib author is the one that suggested that I do that, so I don't take credit for this solution. I hope it helps a few others.

Edit: In case anyone is wondering if the problem, in my case, could have been that I had persistent connections enabled in configure.php, or that I had copied the cached files from one server to another (which could cause problems), that was not the case. I did clear the SEO URLs cache, but in my case I needed to disable cache entirely. HTH.

-jared

Edited by jcall

Thanks Chemo for the contrib but i have not been able to make it work,

The problem is I use Zeus web server ver. 4.5 and it looks like RewriteBase directive

does not exist in Zeus webservers.

Even though i can edit .htaccess i have no way to make it work.

Anyone has install this on a Zeus (Red Hat) web server so far and

can give any ideas?

TIA

Benjamin

Hi Joe

I've just installed this contribution and met the same problem as you. I wondered if you've been able to find a solution...?

Neil

Well that sucks a lot.

Let's not get more people banned though.

In an attempt to stay OT.

Misa, I see SEOed URLs but with the session ID behind them. Your logs should be able to tell whether I'm one of few or whether you left them on for all to see.

I just upgraded frmo 1.3 to 2.1 following the UPGRADE instruction inc the 1.4 notes. All is fine but the product links. Manufacturer and category links are great. The product links look like this though:

domain.com/ripple-mattress-topper-p-34.html?cPath=21_22_25

Strangely it's just the links to product_info. I did hack products_info myself but I can;t see how that would affect this. It just does some str_replaces before eoching the product_description.

.htaccess is fine as well.

Anyone perhaps a clue as to why this might be happening?

PS yes I cleared the cache a couple of times too. And judging by the post before me, I'm not the only one...

If you use this contrib in a windows machine (your developer server is in a win machine) then put this at your httpd.conf to allow the use of .htaccess files:

AllowOverride All

Then restart the server and you have .htaccess in Win. Enjoy :D

hi all,

anybody know of any other ideas if that wont work?

my testing server is apache2 running on winXP, any product page i try to go to i get a 404 error the requested url not found on this server.

if i make the above change to the httpd.conf file i get a 500 internal server error.

do i have any hope?

Followed the install isntructions exactly but received the following errors when trying to access the admin:

Warning: main(includes/classes/seo.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 132

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 132

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: seo_url in /var/www/html/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 134

The shop itself owrks fine but non of the STS names are working. For example $imagelarge appears instead of the item image, no product information appears etc.

Any ideas?

MicroShaft: It should be in configuration.

MicroShaft: It should be in configuration.

I am having trouble with the manufacturer box, it does not show the products associated with that particular manufacturer. I associated several products to the manufacturer and it still doesn't work. Even the direct links don't seem to work. http://www.b2customz.com/index.php?manufacturer_id=2 is "Zinik Wheels"

However, the strange thing is tat SEO version of the link works. For instance: http://www.b2customz.com/zinik-wheels-m-2.html which then derives the "regular" link above. I've cleared the cache too for SEO, and for the manufacturer box.

Any ideas where to look or for a fix? Thanks in advance.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Hello

Has anyone managed to change this contrib so that the the CPath is passed through the rewritten URL to the Products_info.php page?

I'd rather not have to turn on passing the CPath as a parameter as it kind of defeats the object. My store has thousands of products to categories links and the products_Info page needs the category ID and the product id in order to offer certain attributes.

Thanks in advance

Andy

I'm getting a Server 500 error after installing this contrib. After reading through all of the posts it seems like it's either a problem with my .htaccess file or mod_rewrite. Since I can't get into the site at all I looked at my old site which I'm migrating/upgrading and it says that mod_rewrite is enabled (I'm using the same hosting company).

This is my dev site which sits on top of the normal store. The live store is on the webroot and the development site is a subdirectory /dev. I followed the installation directions, anyone have ideas?

# This is used with Apache WebServers
#
# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to
# the AllowOverride configuration
#
# Example:
#
# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
#   AllowOverride Options
# </Directory>
#
# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the
# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet
# Explorer browsers

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
 <IfDefine SSL>
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
		 nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
		 downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
 </IfDefine>
</IfModule>

# Fix certain PHP values
# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain
# servers)

#<IfModule mod_php4.c>
#  php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
#  php_value register_globals 1
#</IfModule>

AuthType Basic

AuthName "FOTP Development Site"

AuthUserFile "/home/fronkcom/.htpasswds/dev/passwd"

AuthType Basic

AuthName "FOTP Development Site"

require valid-user

Options +FollowSymlinks

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /dev/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ #product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ #index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ #index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ #popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ #articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ #article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Hello,

I have installed the contribution, but it seems not to work.

After instalation of the contribution the urls in the store are still like /index.php?cPath=10&osCsid=06b868b529f57040904e64a255db4c99 on not with an .html page.

Then i take a look into the admin but there is no Configuration => SEO URLs So i can not confirure it.

I have been checking for 5 times now or i have done all good and can not find a misstake in the instalation of me.

What can be wrong??

Hello,

I have installed the contribution, but it seems not to work.

After instalation of the contribution the urls in the store are still like /index.php?cPath=10&osCsid=06b868b529f57040904e64a255db4c99 on not with an .html page.

Then i take a look into the admin but there is no Configuration => SEO URLs So i can not confirure it.

I have been checking for 5 times now or i have done all good and can not find a misstake in the instalation of me.

What can be wrong??

does the seo url show within the config menu

Edited by MicroShaft

Getting an Error when you go to my site.

It seems to be linked to this contribution.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 36 bytes) in /var/www/html/includes/classes/cache.class.php(157) : eval()'d code on line 7479

Can you help!!

Kunal

I've been using Ultimate SEO URLs for the past couple of months. It's been great. However, within the last few days I've been getting the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19 bytes) in /home/httpd/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/includes/classes/seo.class.php(1657) : eval()'d code on line 9154

The problem remains whether I turn the contribution on or off. After looking at this location in the code, I turned the cache off and the problem went away.

Is this because I have so many products and categories in my store that the SEO cache is over-running the PHP limit of 8MB per session?

What remedy do I have?

As of now I've turned off all caching except for category caching as I felt this was more important in terms of performance since up to 250 categories may be displayed on one page but each category have only 10 to 15 products.

It seems to do okay for now.

I also thought about increasing the 8MB limit to 16MB. Is this advisable instead of turning off the cache?

So I guess my question is three folds:

1) I am guess this problem is just a matter of the SEO cache being so large due to the number of categories and products on my site that it is running over the 8MB per page limit of PHP. Therefore this isn't indicative of a more severe underlying problem. Am I right?

2) If I am right, then turning off all caching except for categories will keep the SEO cache size small, right?

3) Should I or shouldn't I increase the PHP memory limit to 16MB? The server has 1GB of RAM.

is there a solution to this?