• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Thanks Falcon, let me know what you find out.. so It wasn't just a bad install on my part? cool.. I temporarily uploaded older application_top & html_output files. just to get/keep the shop working..

I tried commenting out that whole section, but it just cause some more errors..

@ RocksIT, to quickly overcome the error. Do a Database recovery and upload your backup of the modified files. So I managed to bring up my shop again.

I have the same problem I tried the upgrade from Version 2.0b. I see that changes which where carried out in the native install of 2.0b are not carried out in 2.1

Files touched in 2.0b which appear not to be modified in 2.1 are:

3 changes in catalog/includes/application_top.php only 1 change in 2.1

catalog*/includes/functions/html_output.php depending on cache type in 2.0b variance in code only 1 change in 2.1

includes/modules/product_listing.php modification was carried out in 2.0b no modification in 2.1

From my point of view it appears that the upgrade from 2.0b is not described propperly. Currently trying to do some reverse engineering to get rid of 2.0b and start with the new 2.1 modifications.

If someone knows a quick hint for the line 57

here it is line 54 to 64 could it be that the cache handling changed?

################################################################################
#############
# Check to see what type of cache if any and run with it...
$cache_type == 1
  ? $meta_cache_code = $cache->get_cache($meta_cache_file)
  : NULL;

if ($meta_cache_code){ echo $meta_cache_code;
}else if ($cache_type == 2 && file_exists($meta_cache_file_full)) {
echo base64_decode(gzinflate(file_get_contents($meta_cache_file_full)));
}else{
ob_start();

Hi there !

seems to be a very good contribution but i get this error in the shop when i activate the contribution in the admin:

"Error!

Unable to determine the page link!"

if its deactivated i get these urls, which are already transformed:

"http://www.domain.com/dresses-c-24.html?osCsid=5cda873ba5830ea4c0fa9f233d978a94"

anyone any ideas ?

thanks a lot !!

flamenco

It seems to work fine but I also have the extra characters at the end.

/elegant-moments-ivory-lace-bustier-p-390.html?osCsid=1fad60c25a7499e804e74bf55e9c93b2

I have commented out the line as mentioned above and it has made no difference.

Any ideas?

It seems to work fine but I also have the extra characters at the end.

/elegant-moments-ivory-lace-bustier-p-390.html?osCsid=1fad60c25a7499e804e74bf55e9c93b2

I have commented out the line as mentioned above and it has made no difference.

Any ideas?

Are the extra letters you are refering to the ?osCsid=1fad60c25a7499e804e74bf55e9c93b2

?

If so, this is an unrelated problem. This is a problem with cookies on your website. Do a search on these forums for cookie fix or sessions or simular.

Before you commented out the line, was there also something that looked like cpath=22 in the link somewhere? (where 22 can equal any number, depending on teh category number for the product) That is the extra letters I was talking about.

If I am not mistaken, the older version made it look something like

gifts-vouchers-c-27/100-gift-certificate-p-35.html
but this new version only does
100-gift-certificate-p-35.html
Both url's work in the new version if you manually type it in...

I think what is suppost to happen is the code sees the cpath=27 and is supposed to translate it to gift-vouchers-c-27/ and put it before the product... Of course it could also be the case that Chemo changed how it works in the new version, but it would make more sense to me to make it work the old way...

I will look more into it tomorow hopefully (if I'm not too busy at my day job)

Are the extra letters you are refering to the ?osCsid=1fad60c25a7499e804e74bf55e9c93b2

?

If so, this is an unrelated problem.  This is a problem with cookies on your website.  Do a search on these forums for cookie fix or sessions or simular.

Before you commented out the line, was there also something that looked like cpath=22 in the link somewhere?  (where 22 can equal any number, depending on teh category number for the product)  That is the extra letters I was talking about.

If I am not mistaken, the older version made it look something like  but this new version only does  Both url's work in the new version if you manually type it in... 

I think what is suppost to happen is the code sees the cpath=27 and is supposed to translate it to gift-vouchers-c-27/ and put it before the product...  Of course it could also be the case that Chemo changed how it works in the new version, but it would make more sense to me to make it work the old way...

I will look more into it tomorow hopefully (if I'm not too busy at my day job)

You are correct about the extra letters above. I also noticed that when I delete them and refresh the page is still valid.

Here is another example...

coquette-raschel-stretch-lace-and-sheer-gown-with-g-string-p-208.html?cPath=43&osCsid=d64805f931d0e5c2b8172ab706d2d846

It has the c path. listed.

Ill dig around for the cookie issue and see what I can find. Thanks!

Hi,

well, i have also the same problem... With the version 2.0b it worked. now with the new 2.1 version i get the cPath-thing. but only if i use the categories on the left site to get to a product. Wenn i click on a product in "what?s new this month" this problem doesn?t show up.

What is the big difference between version 2.0b and 2.1? What makes the version 2.1 better? What is the advantice? :blink:

Thanks

Yours

Kasper

Hi Bobby,

have installed the new SEO URL and get an fatal error:

CODE

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/dealer/main/pkg/besot/test/html/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 42

Please help me ....

Thanks Falcon, let me know what you find out.. so It wasn't just a bad install on my part? cool..  I temporarily uploaded older application_top & html_output files. just to get/keep the shop working.. 

I tried commenting out that whole section, but it just cause some more errors..

You need to do a DB Recovery from your backup too as you won't be able to ger your Categoies working the 2.1 will selftinstall the DB and change a couple of things.

The big difference between 2.0b and 2.1 is that if you do the upgrade according to upgrade manual you get "unneeded" code. Im not sure but the code insered in 2.1 is much smaller.

Thi is a great contribution, shame chemo cant help us out anymore. I just updated from v2.0b but like others I get cpath added to the url when I click on a product. Has anyone worked out yet how to fix this?

Also is it normal when I view an item that was redirected from froogle to get ?osCsid=1fad60c25a7499e804e74bf55e9c93b2 added to the end.

has anyone brought this contribution to work together with cDynamic_Meta_Tags v1.4 as the error occurs in this contribution im not that deep in php to nail it down.

Are you just guessing about the cDynamic_Meta_Tags or is there some error message that points to that contrib? Reason I ask is because I have this contrib installed too...

montyx: does it still show the cpath= when you have commented out the line?

I will be digging deeper and see what I come up with today...

Thi is a great contribution, shame chemo cant help us out anymore. I just updated from v2.0b but like others I get cpath added to the url when I click on a product. Has anyone worked out yet how to fix this?

Also is it normal when I view an item that was redirected from froogle to get ?osCsid=1fad60c25a7499e804e74bf55e9c93b2 added to the end.

I dont' know enough about froogle, but it sounds like the issue is with either the info you give froogle, or when froogle looks at your site it is given a session. Make sure in your admin you have it set to not give a session to spiders. Maybe froogle's spider (if it has one seperate from google) is not on the spider list?

@jonyo

Are you just guessing about the cDynamic_Meta_Tags or is there some error message that points to that contrib?  Reason I ask is because I have this contrib installed too...

montyx:  does it still show the cpath= when you have commented out the line?

I will be digging deeper and see what I come up with today...

I have installed this contrib 2.1 and run into the following error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in .../catalog/includes/meta_tags.php on line 57 I have posted the line 57 further above.

I think you should give it a try if you dont have the 2.0b installed if it works with you then I only have to reverse coding together with RockIT and install then the 2.1 Version.

But back up the files and the DATABASE as it will autoinstall the changes in the DB.

@jonyo

I have installed this contrib 2.1 and run into the following error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in .../catalog/includes/meta_tags.php on line 57 I have posted the line 57 further above.

I think you should give it a try if you dont have the 2.0b installed if it works with you then I only have to reverse coding together with RockIT and install then the 2.1 Version.

But back up the files and the DATABASE as it will autoinstall the changes in the DB.

JUST RELEASED: Version 2.1B by CHEMO!!!

It was literally uploaded minutes ago, I tried it and it fixes all my problems. I am glad he is still at least able to upload to the contrib section... Try it out Falcon and montyx and see if it fixes stuff. I have not done any database restores (right now all I have in my database is test data anyways so it wouldn't be too much of a loss if it is all lost)

Info and download here!!!

Sorry this doesn't look like an official announcement I'm new to announcing things :-P

Something to hopefully look forward to in the future:

I was talking with Chemo and we came up with the idea to have the main file be updated with a script in the admin panel, so instead of downloading the new version then uploading it to your site, it would automatically grab it.

This would cut out most of the work, and the upgrade instructions would consist of one step: Click on this button to upgrade.

Of course, the file would have to have write permission to it, so theoretically (since it is not written yet) if someone does not have right permission or wishes to still upload it via ftp or sftp they can...

Another possiblity this gives us is the ability to have 3rd party developers contribute modifications to the code and all the store owner would have to do is put the file in the correct directory, or maybe have a script grab the custom file... Then if it breaks something they can simply "uninstall" it via the admin panel.

Another possibility for this is the ability to use older versions if the newest one breaks your code for whatever reason. So you don't have to worry about backing up, it does it automatically... (of course you still need to back up, anything can happen) If the admin section goes down because of a bug, all you have to do is log in and rename older file to the correct one... of course like I said this is all speculative, how the end product will work will probably be different (and hopefully even better :) )...

Post any ideas you have to make this contrib even better, we all benifit from it :)

Hey everyone,

I just installed the newest version of USEO Urls (I was running 2.0), and it seems to be slower than the last version. I'm figuring this is because there are now mod rewrites for articles and other pages. I find my store significantly slower. Anyone else?

Hey everyone,

I just installed the newest version of USEO Urls (I was running 2.0), and it seems to be slower than the last version.  I'm figuring this is because there are now mod rewrites for articles and other pages.  I find my store significantly slower.  Anyone else?

I have noticed a smaller delay also. Not so bad that I am worried about it. I wonder if it adds links to cache as it goes. THerefore it would speed up as all the links are cached over time....

Hi Bobby,

have installed the new SEO URL and get an fatal error:

CODE

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/dealer/main/pkg/besot/test/html/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 42

Please help me ....

I had similar issues with the html output. You must still have lines of the old code that need to go away. Im not an expert, so back it up. I deleted all of this, then it worked.

// manufacturer addition by WebPixie

case 'manufacturers_id':

$rewrite_manufacturer = true;

if ( defined('MANUFACTURER_NAME_'.$p2[1]) ){

$rewrite_page_manufacturer = short_name(constant('MANUFACTURER_NAME_'.$p2[1])) . '-m-' . $p2[1] . '.html';

} else { $seo = false; }

break;

// end manufacturer addition by WebPixie

default:

$params[$p2[0]] = $p2[1];

break;

} # switch

} # end foreach

$params_stripped = implode_assoc($params);

switch (true){

case ( $rewrite_product && $rewrite_category ):

case ( $rewrite_product ):

$rewrite_page = $rewrite_page_product;

$rewrite_category = false;

break;

case ( $rewrite_category ):

$rewrite_page = $rewrite_page_category;

break;

case ( $rewrite_manufacturer ):

$rewrite_page = $rewrite_page_manufacturer;

break;

default:

$seo = false;

break;

} #end switch true

$seo_rewrite_link .= $rewrite_page . ( tep_not_null($params_stripped) ? '?'.tep_output_string($params_stripped) : '' );

$separator = ( tep_not_null($params_stripped) ? '&' : '?' );

} else {

foreach ($p as $index => $valuepair) {

$p2 = explode('=', $valuepair);

switch ($p2[0]){

case 'products_id':

if ( defined('PRODUCT_NAME_'.$p2[1]) ){

$params['pName'] = constant('PRODUCT_NAME_'.$p2[1]);

} else { $seo = false; }

break;

case 'cPath':

if ( defined('CATEGORY_NAME_'.$p2[1]) ){

$params['cName'] = constant('CATEGORY_NAME_'.$p2[1]);

} else { $seo = false; }

break;

case 'manufacturers_id':

if ( defined('MANUFACTURER_NAME_'.$p2[1]) ){

$params['mName'] = constant('MANUFACTURER_NAME_'.$p2[1]);

} else { $seo = false; }

break;

default:

$params[$p2[0]] = $p2[1];

break;

} # switch

} # end foreach

$params_stripped = implode_assoc($params);

$seo_link .= $page . '?'.tep_output_string($params_stripped);

$separator = '&';

} # end if/else

} # end if $seo

} else {

$link .= $page;

$separator = '?';

$seo = false;

} # end if(tep_not_null($parameters)

while ( (substr($link, -1) == '&') || (substr($link, -1) == '?') ) $link = substr($link, 0, -1);

// Add the session ID when moving from different HTTP and HTTPS servers, or when SID is defined

if ( ($add_session_id == true) && ($session_started == true) && (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'False') ) {

if (tep_not_null($SID)) {

$_sid = $SID;

} elseif ( ( ($request_type == 'NONSSL') && ($connection == 'SSL') && (ENABLE_SSL == true) ) || ( ($request_type == 'SSL') && ($connection == 'NONSSL') ) ) {

if (HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN != HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN) {

$_sid = tep_session_name() . '=' . tep_session_id();

}

}

}

if ( (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS == 'true') && ($search_engine_safe == true) ) {

while (strstr($link, '&&')) $link = str_replace('&&', '&', $link);

while (strstr($seo_link, '&&')) $seo_link = str_replace('&&', '&', $seo_link);

$link = str_replace('?', '/', $link);

$link = str_replace('&', '/', $link);

$link = str_replace('=', '/', $link);

$seo_link = str_replace('?', '/', $seo_link);

$seo_link = str_replace('&', '/', $seo_link);

$seo_link = str_replace('=', '/', $seo_link);

$seo_rewrite_link = str_replace('?', '/', $seo_rewrite_link);

$seo_rewrite_link = str_replace('&', '/', $seo_rewrite_link);

$seo_rewrite_link = str_replace('=', '/', $seo_rewrite_link);

$separator = '?';

}

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && ENABLE_PAGE_CACHE == 'true' && class_exists('page_cache')) {

$link .= $separator . '<osCsid>';

$seo_link .= $separator . '<osCsid>';

$seo_rewrite_link .= $separator . '<osCsid>';

} elseif (isset($_sid)) {

$link .= $separator . $_sid;

$seo_link .= $separator . $_sid;

$seo_rewrite_link .= $separator . $_sid;

}

if ($seo == 'true') {

return ($seo_rewrite_type == 'Rewrite' ? $seo_rewrite_link : $seo_link);

} else {

return $link;

}

}

Hey everyone,

I just installed the newest version of USEO Urls (I was running 2.0), and it seems to be slower than the last version.  I'm figuring this is because there are now mod rewrites for articles and other pages.  I find my store significantly slower.  Anyone else?

which directions did you follow for the install? The instructions you need to follow (in your case) are the one's labeled "UPGRADE v1.x-v2.0b series- osCommerce MS-2.2".

For people that have already installed the first version of 2.1, all you need to do is upload the new file, and (optional step) drink a cold one.

Do you have a large database of products or a small database?

I do not notice any speed issues, but then my store for some reason has always lagged a little bit... Does anyone else experience slowness issues from their connection? http://shop.faerietreasures.com

It does seem a bit faster when I hit the refresh button, but then that could be my imagination...

Are a lot of people experiencing slowness issues? Do you have a lot of items in your catalog if you do? I have a small product catalog...

Another bug: This is probably how it is suppost to work, but it displays ?manufacturers_id=22 when browsing by manufacturer, and on my site this breaks it. It redirects to product_info.php which says item not found.

Anyone else having issues where having the extra stuff in the url makes it redirect and say product not found? The simple fix would be to add the ability to turn this off in admin (like how cpath is done)

I do not notice any speed issues, but then my store for some reason has always lagged a little bit...  Does anyone else experience slowness issues from their connection?  http://shop.faerietreasures.com

It does seem a bit faster when I hit the refresh button, but then that could be my imagination...

Are a lot of people experiencing slowness issues?  Do you have a lot of items in your catalog if  you do?  I have a small product catalog...

Your site seems quite slow. I have DSL and there were delays of several seconds. I would talk to your ISP and figure out what is the problem...

Your site seems quite slow. I have DSL and there were delays of several seconds. I would talk to your ISP and figure out what is the problem...

LOL!!! Wow I'm an idiot... I just realized cache was turned off!!! And I have 1and1, they should be pretty fast... I'll contact them if the speed doesn't improve w/ cache enabled...

For the other people that are having speed issues, once you go to the page, does it speed up? I think montyx might be right about it re-caching stuff, or in my case cacheing it for the first time...

I just installed this contibution and it went fine. I notice however that when I buy something and receive the Success page, that when I click continue it takes me to a login in screen even though I have already logged in. I can't figure that this is related to this install but I don't recall it happening before today.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rick

Are you just guessing about the cDynamic_Meta_Tags or is there some error message that points to that contrib?  Reason I ask is because I have this contrib installed too...

I too had the cDynamic Meta Tags Contrib installed with the older version of Ultimate SEO. When I upgraded, my site wouldn't work. I had to change the setting for the cDynamic Meta Tags contrib to not use the Chemo's cache, and my site now works.

That might be the problem.