• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

No, it will only do that if you have directories by that name setup. It will handle the languages in the normal way, though, by adding the language to the end of the url..

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@@Jack_mcs

In Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-15

in...includes/classes/seo.class.php

line 1124 seeing typo:

FROM `peoducts_description` 

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

• 4 months later...

yes they all look like this:

http://thesite.com/string-p-1032.html

http://thesite.com/string-p-132.html

first click on first category like this:

http://thesite.com/string-c-22.html?osCsid=2d2f3b411c65b7baf97e9c971b7bd18a

and then

http://thesite.com/string-c-22.html

http://thesite.com/string-c-45.html

i do not where it came from or how to track this down, searching my site for string well that would be difficult due to many appearances.

is it just putting the word string for empty quotes.???

i will wait for a response but Jack if you do not have an answer then i will probably uninstall and reinstall.

what is the preferred version for BSGold?

thanks,

craig

To uninstall it, you just need to use that option in the settings. There's no need to remove/replace the files. If that doesn't help, then the latest version is 15. You just need to upload the one file in classes/ to upgrade so it would be worth the effort to try. 

The name where "string" is showing is taken from the product name. So if you look at the product edit page in admin and don't see it there, it is being filled in somewhere else, though I can't think of where that might be.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

That is called the Session ID. it will appear on the first url but should go away on the next click. Be sure you have the Prevent Spiders Session option set to true in admin->Configuration->Sessions. I think an incorrectly setup configure file can cause it too so take a look at this thread to check yours. You can also set the Force Cookies option in Sessions. That will remove the session ID but means your customers have to have cookies enabled. I don't like enabling that option but many here do.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

By deleting SEO URLs SQL  Rows from configuration Table,  and opening the shop in browser will recreate new  SEO URLs SQL  Rows ,, and that was fix my issue. 

Thank you @@Jack_mcs.

Joe

Edited by joe122joe

• 2 weeks later...

@Jack_mcs

Hi, Using the latest verion15, I was testing this addon, and was checking the uninstall option, and I received the following error:

Warning: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array in /*****/*****/*****/admin/configuration.php on line 79 Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /*****/******/*****/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17 Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /*******/******/******/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Can you advise please?

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

@Jack_mcs

Jack, thanks for the reply, I checked and the functionha been added the the general.php file.

The addon work OK :biggrin:, except the for uninstall

I'll try and check why Argument #2 is not an array in configuration.php on line 79, though I doubt I'll find the reason.

Mike

osC CE live - developing osC Phoenix adding modules with no core changes(awesome and easy!)

@Jack_mcs

uninstall seems to be deleting the entries in the configuration tables, so something is not being set for to allow the process to be completed successfully.

reset cache works ok

The uninstall option will remove all database changes for the addon. They will be added back in when the shop is loaded. If you just want to clear cache, the reset option should be used,

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

ok, I understand the reset option, but the uninstall option gives the error as previously quoted, even though the configuration values are removed from the database. why I don't know?

What is the purpose of the uninstall option, as when the shop is reloaded the addon is installed again?

Uninstall therefore includes two steps, 1) use the uninstall to remove DB values 2) remove the code from the site.  I assume my assumption is correct?

As the code seems to work ok (and yes, this is a brilliant addon) I'll just use it on my live shop and forget about the uninstall option, as I probably won't be using it.

Regards

Mike

The uninstall only removes the database changes for this addon. The files are not touched. When you use the uninstall option. there will still be an entry in admin->Configuration for SEO  URL's until you refresh the page since the uninstall doesn't force a reset of admin. On the shop side, the database changes are only made if something has changed, not including cache. It is possible for parts of databases to become corrupt. So if you suspect that, using the uninstall option will remove everything so you can try again.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that great contribution!

I have a little issue in working with BS 2.3.4 edge.

Looks like option "Enter special character conversions" doesn't work with polish letters.
I've tested and it works well on 2.2MS, but in this old revision file admin/includes/languages/polish.php specifies charset as iso-8859-2. If I set it to UTF-8 (as it is on BS 2.3.4) it stops to convert characters too.

I'm trying to set BS admin's language file into iso-8859-2, but then I can't even save my characters to convert (it saves as clear).

I've tried also to use unicodes instead of polish signs directly. For example U+017C=>z or c5 bc=>z or ż=>z instead of just ż=>z, but it didn't work.

Can you help me with that? :( It's important for me to get it work because i'm moving from old osC where it has worked and I want to keep old links as they were before.

Edited by jampjamp

I just tried it in a new BS shop and it worked as expected. The shop only has English installed but that uses UTF for the charset so it shouldn't make a difference. The only thing I can think it may be is the php version your shop is running. The test site here is using 5.6.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@jampjamp,

Do you have these problems with old polnish language files and your old imported/converted 2.2MS database??

If yes:

1. convert all your old language files to utf-8 encoding. How to do it depends on your text editor.

2. Convert all your database (product and category tables are important) to utf-8 encoding. This can be easy done in Admin-Tools-Database Tables

Hope this helps

rgds

Rainer

Thanks for your answers!

16 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

I just tried it in a new BS shop and it worked as expected. The shop only has English installed but that uses UTF for the charset so it shouldn't make a difference. The only thing I can think it may be is the php version your shop is running. The test site here is using 5.6.

@Jack_mcs Yes, this option works, just it doesn't with polish letters (except ó=>o which works well).

12 hours ago, raiwa said:

@jampjamp,

Do you have these problems with old polnish language files and your old imported/converted 2.2MS database??

If yes:

1. convert all your old language files to utf-8 encoding. How to do it depends on your text editor.

2. Convert all your database (product and category tables are important) to utf-8 encoding. This can be easy done in Admin-Tools-Database Tables

Hope this helps

rgds

Rainer

@raiwa No, old polish language files doesn't work correctly with bootstrap edition. My /polish/ is actually a copy of english language with some changes (not fully done, only part of front-end), so charset is set to be as default utf-8 (in includes/languages/polish.php and in admin/.. too).

Imported 2.2MS database tables were already converted to utf8_unicode_ci.

Do you have any other suggestions, please?