• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

It isn't possible to alter this addon to work without the rewrite module. If there isn't some other reason to be on a Windows server the best thing to do is to switch to a Linux one. There are other addons that need the rewrite module so you are limiting yourself by not doing that. If you need to stay on a Windows server, there is a rewrite module available for it, though your host may charge for it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Dears,

rewrites aren't supported on Windows servers. These rewrites for Linux mod_rewrite module. would you please help to provide the rewrites for Windows 'URL Rewrite' asap?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Sunrise99

You must use Helicon Ape http://www.helicontech.com/ape/

post-57268-0-01200200-1441686643_thumb.png

Edited by spidometrs

No outside url's in signatures allowed - thanks

• 1 month later...

I have just installed this contribution and is working properly, except when I want to display all categories in the main page (no subcategories, only main categories). When I call /index.php?cPath=0&quickjump=1 I see nothing.

Thank you in advance.

far

Exactly, after I installed Ultimate SEO that link redirect me to the main domain (www.mydomain.com), however, before Ultimate SEO was installed, that link show me the main page with the picture and the category name.
Even now if I disable Ultimate SEO in admin, the link works ok. The attached pic shows the link working.

http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?cPath=0&quickjump=1

Thank you for helping me out on this.

post-27188-0-28542200-1446079522_thumb.jpg

Then it would seem that something is wrong with your shops code. You are saying that a url with a cpath parameter is showing the home page. Since that parameter is invalid, some change must have been made to your shops code (not Ultimate SEO) to allow that to work. This addon only works for a properly working shop. If you have some category with an ID, then going to it should work with this addon enabled. But it won't work with invalid url's.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Well, I proved that /index.php?cPath=0 is a valid url’s. If you want call that an “invalid url'” that is another thing, but the picture is there and the address bar is showing what I said, in addition the list of parent categories are displayed on the webpage. I don’t think there is something wrong with my code, may be some extra work between this addon and my working path, but nothing we can say “wrong code”. I really expected a simple comment/solution from someone’s own experience.

No, you just proved an invalid url is ignored by the code of your shop. That isn't done by the Ultimate SEO code due to the security checks it performs. Do you have an actual category? Is so, try clicking on it and you should see the redirect works. If it doesn't, then there is a problem. Otherwise, it is working as it should.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There isn't a link for that unless you have to have a category setup that contains all of the top-level categories. Based on this, it appears someone has edited your code so that a category ID of 0 is meant to display them all. This is not a good way to do it for the reason I've already stated. There are addons that serve that purpose so I suggest you install one of those. 

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

You can try turning all of the other settings, except for enable, to see if one is causing it. You can also try using the uninstall setting. Then go to the home page and refresh it so it will re-install. If it still fails, it must be something in your shop. You will need to trace it down. For example, if the failure only occurs when you visit a product page, then that isolates it to a small area.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I wanted to change the urls to display a forward slash "/" separator (instead of the hyphen "-") between categories and subcategories as well as manufacturers. I cannot find a setting for this in the Admin>Configuration>SEO-URLs, so I looked in /includes/class/seo.class.php and found a couple of places to make this change, however, I think that the function strip($string) is removing the forward slash as a special character.

Is there a setting for this somewhere in admin? If not, is there a way around this or a fix that would not undermine the security of the site by allowing for the forward slash in the URL? Thank you in advance for any and all help on this.

Demitry

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=oscommerce

No, the code isn't set up to use slashes. Someone had mentioned wanting that last year and I did start to code it but it isn't complete. Making the change won't cause a security problem but it may fail to work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey Jack,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I’ve been trying different things with my limited coding skills and so far it is not working. Having forward slash "/" separators is standard practice and it helps search engines better identify keyword phrases.

How much more is there to code? any idea when you would have that completed? There were some people that also mentioned it on the other forum for this contribution.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/336702-ultimate-seo-urls-5-by-fwr-media/

Demitry

osCommerce: made for programmers, ...because store owners do not want to be programmers.

The slash, instead of the dash, won't make any difference at all regarding SEO. Its use is just a matter of taste.

Work on addons is done in my spare time, which I don't have a lot of. It will be uploaded once it is done.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

ok cool, ..actually, I got it fixed!!!

No endless redirect loops and no problems with the forward slash only showing up before the product name. Works great!!!! on all products and I tested it in all major browsers. My site now displays:

www.mydomain.com/category-name/sub-category-name/manufacturer-name/product-name-c-number.php

so now, all my URL’s use the forward slash instead of the hyphen to separate categories, sub-categories, and manufacturers from products and other pages.

Love it! Great contribution! Thanks Jack.

Demitry

• 1 month later...

Dear Community!

I have a small problem with this contrib. I'm working usually with special characters like ö, ü, ó, ő, ú, ű, á, é, í.

This one "ő" I can't get converted to "o". I'm using ő=>o.

Befor some years It has worked definitely, but in an older shop.

What could be the problem?

In your original post you mentioned a number of characters, like ö, ü, ó, ő, ú, ű, á, é, í, Are the others working? If you are using the cache settings for Ultimate SEO, try turning them all off to see what happens. If that doesn't help, try using the uninstall option, then install again by refreshing your home page and then re-enter the special characters.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons