• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Somehow this contribution seems to be causing a "The connection was reset" error when an item is placed in the cart from the product_info.php page. There is no error when the item is placed in the cart from any other page, and no error if "enable SEO URLs" is turned off.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Somehow this contribution seems to be causing a "The connection was reset" error when an item is placed in the cart from the product_info.php page. There is no error when the item is placed in the cart from any other page, and no error if "enable SEO URLs" is turned off.

Any ideas??

If all other urls work when it is turned on, then it is most likely a problem in your configure file. This may help.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I've just updated to 2-2.2d-12 to take advantage of the added manufacturer name to the URL and when I go into admin and hit the update button to set the manufacturer display to true, the page reloads to a page with just headers. I've checked and double checked and am sure I followed the steps correctly.

This happens on several of the pages within the SEO Url admin area. The header bar simply has columns labeled Title Value and Action with nothing under them.

Any assistance is appreciated!

I've just updated to 2-2.2d-12 to take advantage of the added manufacturer name to the URL and when I go into admin and hit the update button to set the manufacturer display to true, the page reloads to a page with just headers. I've checked and double checked and am sure I followed the steps correctly.

This happens on several of the pages within the SEO Url admin area. The header bar simply has columns labeled Title Value and Action with nothing under them.

Any assistance is appreciated!

Version 11 works fine with manufacturers so I don't see the point of version 12. But I only support my versions so you will need to wait for that person to respond to get an answer to your question.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

If all other urls work when it is turned on, then it is most likely a problem in your configure file. This may help.

Thanks Jack. I assume you mean includes/config and not admin/includes/config?

In FireFox I get a "The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments." error, and in IE "The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments."

Could it be that the script is somehow stressing the server too much and overloading it when I attempt to order an item? Or more likely just a simple coding typo somewhere?

Thanks so much!

Thanks Jack. I assume you mean includes/config and not admin/includes/config?

In FireFox I get a "The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments." error, and in IE "The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments."

Could it be that the script is somehow stressing the server too much and overloading it when I attempt to order an item? Or more likely just a simple coding typo somewhere?

Thanks so much!

There may be some loop happenning that is causing the message. I don't know what might be causing it though. A typo is a possibility or maybe you pasted code in the wrong place in the application_top.php file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, is this off-topic? I'm using the module and thinking there may be a bug somewhere.

It's not something that can be answered here since it is specific to your site. You need to look at the url's and try to determine why they are not working. Maybe they are deleted products or something like that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

I'm building my first oscommerce store and using this extension for the URL rewrites and it's still displaying the old url's it only changes them when you view the product, is there a way to change this http://weddingstore.e-vps.net/index.php

Also is it possible to remove the things like -p-18.html from the url's?

Thanks

Hi

I'm building my first oscommerce store and using this extension for the URL rewrites and it's still displaying the old url's it only changes them when you view the product, is there a way to change this http://weddingstore.e-vps.net/index.php

Also is it possible to remove the things like -p-18.html from the url's?

Thanks

The rewrite is only useful for pages where some unique name is used on the page, like categories, manufacturers, products and other specialty contributions. Rename index.php would not gain anything and just cause code bloating.

You can't get rid of the -p-, and others, with this package. It also doesn't matter that it is there, other than for how it appears to you.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The rewrite is only useful for pages where some unique name is used on the page, like categories, manufacturers, products and other specialty contributions. Rename index.php would not gain anything and just cause code bloating.

You can't get rid of the -p-, and others, with this package. It also doesn't matter that it is there, other than for how it appears to you.

Thanks for replying, sorry i didn't mean renaming the index.php on the homepage if you hover over one of the categories or a product it displays a URL like http://weddingstore.e-vps.net/index.php?cPath=1 but when you click on it it changes to http://weddingstore.e-vps.net/hardware-c-1.html it's really just if i'm using this store for the client it'll look funny that it displays one URL on hovering and then changes.

Thanks for replying, sorry i didn't mean renaming the index.php on the homepage if you hover over one of the categories or a product it displays a URL like http://weddingstore.e-vps.net/index.php?cPath=1 but when you click on it it changes to http://weddingstore.e-vps.net/hardware-c-1.html it's really just if i'm using this store for the client it'll look funny that it displays one URL on hovering and then changes.

That usually happens because the links are not formatted using the oscommerce link function. And since the only problem seems to be with the links in the categories box, my guess is that that is not coded correctly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have just failed to get Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_12 going on a Windows server. Installed fine but get the 404 error on the product pages. Have checked the config files and .htaccess etc an it is all correct.

I have seen very little on actually installing this on Windows. Does it work on IIS6 and 7?

Thanks for your help

I have just failed to get Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_12 going on a Windows server. Installed fine but get the 404 error on the product pages. Have checked the config files and .htaccess etc an it is all correct.

I have seen very little on actually installing this on Windows. Does it work on IIS6 and 7?

No. Redirect code doesn't work in general on Windows unless the server is setup for it. You need to ask your host to see if it will work or not.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have customers that will add links in their information pages to other information pages or products (fixtures-i-23.html or wiget-p-45.html). The problem is that the session id is lost. I can't find a way or where to change the code to drag the session id anyway. I did have this working in the old SEF Link Transformer. BUt I really don't want to back to that.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I have customers that will add links in their information pages to other information pages or products (fixtures-i-23.html or wiget-p-45.html). The problem is that the session id is lost. I can't find a way or where to change the code to drag the session id anyway. I did have this working in the old SEF Link Transformer. BUt I really don't want to back to that.

This seems to be a misunderstanding of the way sessions work.

You should be forcing cookie usage and not relying on insecure querystring based session ids.

Forced cookie usage requires correctly set SSL certificates and config settings.

The session being lost is almost always due to an incorrectly coded configure file. You should check the thread How to setup a configure file to be sure yours is OK. If it is, then the second most common problem is that the links are not coded correctly. That is a fairly common situation if a purchased template is used.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have the configuration set as outlined in the "How to setup..."

When ever I set force cookie usage I get "We have detected that your browser does not support cookies, or has set cookies to be disabled...." I don't have the browser set to reject cookies. That is why I am still using sessions. Any suggestions are welcome.

I have the configuration set as outlined in the "How to setup..."

When ever I set force cookie usage I get "We have detected that your browser does not support cookies, or has set cookies to be disabled...." I don't have the browser set to reject cookies. That is why I am still using sessions. Any suggestions are welcome.

Using sessions, not force cookies, is the correct setting so that is a non-issue. Looking over your original post I see I may have missed something. What do you mean when you say you have customers that links to other pages. Are you talking about in the same shop or from an outside shop? If the same shop, then you have to install the Embed links contribution for the links to work. If you mean from one shop to another, that would never work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack

I have searched this forum, and have not found an answer to my problem. I hope you can help.

I sell certian products that have oriduct titles like

01/0.6mm Black single core layout equipment wire (10 metre coil)

SEO urls is stripping out the url to look like

0106mm-black-single-core-layout-equipment-wire-10-metre-coil-p-1167.html

At the front of the title there should be a / and a . Is there any way of keeping these characters so the url means what it should. I am not too worries about loosing the () brackets.

In admin i have filter short words set to zero and Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? set to false.

Any help would be appreciated.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

The slash is a special case character in the url. If it displays, it indicates a separate entity. So, in this case, the search engines would see 01 and 0.6mm as different keywords,which means the result would not be what you need, even if it worked. Also, realistically, would anyone be searching for something with 01/0.6mm in the search term? Perhaps renaming the product to "01 0.6mm Black single core layout equipment wire (10 metre coil)" would be a better solution. The 01 and 0.6mm would be seen as part of the name and searches for it would find it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi jack.

Many thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately people do search for wire types using the number of wire strands and the size of the strands in mm. ie 10/0.1 or 32/0.7 All the UK wire manufactures use this method to describe the wires they manufacturer and sell, and it is commonly used when people are talking about wire sizes.

Your idea is good, and i can alter the product names to reflect this, but the url still gets altered and removes the full stop so 0.6mm becomes 06mm, which is way wrong. I cant even seem to get it to stay in place by adding it as a special character.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I don't tihnk it matters that the period is missing since the search engines mostly ignore such characters. But you can try the following. I haven't tested this. In includes/classes/seo.class.php, replace

$pattern = $this->attributes['SEO_REMOVE_ALL_SPEC_CHARS'] == 'true'
										    ?	    "([^[:alnum:]])"
										    :	    "/[^a-z0-9- ]/i";

with

$pattern = $this->attributes['SEO_REMOVE_ALL_SPEC_CHARS'] == 'true'
										    ?	    "([^[:alnum:]])"
										    :	    "/[^a-z0-9-. ]/i";

Turn off the replace special characters setting and, I think, it will work. I haven't tested it though so it may cause other problems so you will have to test that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons