• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hello!

I have problem with special characters.

In admin panel- configuration- seo urls - Enter special character conversion I entered:ā=>a,ņ=>n,Ī=>I,š=>s,ä=>a,ö=>o,ü=>u,ß=>s,ё=>yo,ж=>zh,ф=>ph,х=>kh,ц=>ts,ч=>ch,ш=>sh,щ=>sch,ю=>ju,э=>e,я=>ja,б=>b,в=>v,г=>g,д=>d,з=>z,и=>i,й=>j,л=>l,п=>p,ы=>y,н=>n,е=>e,к=>k,м=>m,о=>o,р=>r,с=>s,т=>t,у=>u,

х=>h,Ё=>E,с=>s,Ж=>ZH,Ф=>PH,Х=>KH,Ц=>TS,Ч=>CH,Ш=>SH,Щ=>SCH,Э=>E,Ю=>JU,Я=>JA,А=>A,Б=>B,Г=>G,Д=>D,Е=>E,

З=>Z,И=>I,Й=>J,К=>K,Л=>L,М=>M,Н=>N,О=>O,П=>P,Р=>R,С=>S,Т=>T,У=>U,Х=>H,Ц=>C,Ы=>Y,а=>a,В=>V,ē=>e (I have 4 languages)

but in table 'title and value' appears:

" Enter special character conversions ā=>a,ņ=>n,Ī=>I,š=>s,ä=>a,ö=>o,ü=>u,ß=>s,ё=>yo,ж=>zh,ф=>ph,х=>kh,ц=>ts,ч=>ch,ш=>sh,щ=>sch,ю=>ju,э=>e,я=>ja,

б=>b,в=>v,г=>g,д=>d,з=>z,и=>i,й=>j,л=>l,п=>p,ы=>y,н=>n,е=>e,к=>k,м=>m,о=>o,р=>r,с=>s,т=>t,у=>u,х=>h,Ё=>E,с=>s,

Ж=>ZH,Ф=>PH,Х=>KH,Ц=>TS,Ч=>CH,Ш=>SH,Щ=>SCH,Э=>E,Ю=>JU,Я=>JA,А=>A,Б=>B,Г=>G,Д=>D,Е=>E,З=>Z,И=>I,Й=>J,

К=>K,Л=>L,М=>M,Н=>N,О=>O,П=>P,Р=>R,С=>S,Т=>T,У=>U,Х=>H,Ц=>C,Ы=>Y,а=>a,В=>V,ē=>e"

Characters ā=>a,ņ=>n,Ī=>I,š=>s,ē=>e saves as ā=>a,ņ=>n,Ī=>I,š=>s,ä=>a,ē=>e

In admin panel - catalog - Categories/Products table s product names shows with this mistakes:

Finierētas iekšdurvis but must be Finierētas iekšdurvis

urls is working fine, bet problems sometimes is with page, when I go to page from admin panel (if I click on "online catalog"(Administration | Online Catalog | Support Site)) for example this mistakes appears in contribution 'Header Tags Seo' keywords tagcloud and Top Title or in contrubution 'Display VAT Under Price'.

How could I fix that?

Edited by PērļošanaPērļuBode

urls is working fine, bet problems sometimes is with page, when I go to page from admin panel (if I click on "online catalog"(Administration | Online Catalog | Support Site)) for example this mistakes appears in contribution 'Header Tags Seo' keywords tagcloud and Top Title or in contrubution 'Display VAT Under Price'.

How could I fix that?

I don't understand the problem. Are you sayng that you have, for example, ē=>e, in admin but an e doesn't show in the url of the shop?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey I just finished installed ultimate seo urls v22d 11 on osc 2.3.1 and all my products are working fine and everything I can checkout.... (the install went smoothly)

But when I go to access my admin it gives me this error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls() (previously declared in /hermes/web08/b2492/moo.oursacredgardencom/oursacredgarden.com/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1480) in/hermes/web08/b2492/moo.oursacredgardencom/oursacredgarden.com/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1520

And I go to line 1520 and all it says is this....

1517 # The return value is used to set the value upon viewing

1518 # It's NOT returining a false to indicate failure!!

1519 return 'false';

1520 }

1523 ?>

Does anyone know why this is happening??

Thanks in advance

Adamnto75

Edited by Adamanto75

Thanks for this great contribution!

I use it for a while and it works great.

But now i got a little problem:

I want to link a product to an other categorie, but i want the url different.

So for example:

productcat1-product1.html

link to categorie2,

the link should be

productcat2-product1.html

when i just copy the product the link is ok, but my stock will also double so the products has to be linkt

Does anybody knows how to do this?

Thanks in advanced.

Gijs

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls() (previously declared in /hermes/web08/b2492/moo.oursacredgardencom/oursacredgarden.com/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1480) in/hermes/web08/b2492/moo.oursacredgardencom/oursacredgarden.com/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1520

Does anyone know why this is happening??

It means you made a mistake in the change for the admin/includes/functions/general.php file.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

Due to the intensive use of my website i need to create an index on cache table.

I did it using phpmyadmin but its deleted some time after i create it.

I realized my cache is created often because the creation date time showed by phpmyadmin change every 3-4 hours.

I assumed thats the class who do this and added this code to the creation sql statement:

KEY `cache_expires` (`cache_expires`)

But the table isn't created with the index.

What can be happening, why my cache table is created so often.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Zigor

Hi Bobby!

I installed Your SEO pack here. In .htaccess file, the RewriteBase is "/". For now, I cannot access the admin panel, because I receive a stupid error: "www.potompenz.hudir_ws_http_cataloglogin.php." The SEF URL's are not generated, of course.

Please, help me asap... :(

Cheers,

Pandinvs

P.S.: I restore the previous state for now, because I must work on site.

Edited by Pandinvs

Okay!

Now works fine! It was a minor problem.

So, another question: for now, all the diacritics of hungarian language are ignored (exactly: ÁÉÍÓÖÜÚŰ - áéíóöüúű). Can I set de conversion rules, to add these characters to the SEF URL's.

As I seen, USEO add some suffixes to the SEF name. I don't need this. Can be removed?

Cheers,

Pandinvs

hello,

my site, for now, is like this:

osc 2.2--database c2---and the store is /

testing

osc 2.3-database c3--and the store is /testing/

i will move the osc 2 .3 to the main site soon.

i instaled Ultimate_SEO_v2.2d_11.

here is my problem

the links for my categories when moused over say http://www.mysite.com/testing/category.html

but when i use the link it is taking me back to http://www.mysite.com/category.html

my htaccess file looks like this:

RewriteBase /testing/

and i used the Reset SEO URLs Cache in the admin section.

thats about it other than this everything is fine.

thanks,

craig

hello,

my site, for now, is like this:

osc 2.2--database c2---and the store is /

testing

osc 2.3-database c3--and the store is /testing/

i will move the osc 2 .3 to the main site soon.

i instaled Ultimate_SEO_v2.2d_11.

here is my problem

the links for my categories when moused over say http://www.mysite.com/testing/category.html

but when i use the link it is taking me back to http://www.mysite.com/category.html

my htaccess file looks like this:

RewriteBase /testing/

and i used the Reset SEO URLs Cache in the admin section.

thats about it other than this everything is fine.

thanks,

craig

It appears it is setup correctly. My guess is that you are using a template that causes this sort of problem and has been covered here many times.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

yes that is what i thought that it is setup correctly and --

no template i am using oscommerce 2.2 and oscommerce 2.3.

is there anything else you can think of or maybe i hsould uninstall and reinstall??

thanks,

craig

You show your url with a space, which is invalid and. I assume, a mistake. But if everything is setup correctly, then I can't think of anything else.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello,

went back today and it was an unsaved .htacess file. it works now, but my admin section lost its layout and styling is this

anything familiar to you.

i look thru the files and did not see the style referenced anywhere.

thanks,

craig

No, there's nothing in this contribution that would affect the admins styling.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I just moved my site to a new server. I uploaded the files to the new server using FTP. When I click on a product page or category, I get a 404 error. When I turn SEO urls off in admin, the pages load. Please help.

Here's my configure.php:

<?php
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.discxpress.com');
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.discxpress.com');
 define('ENABLE_SSL', true);
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '/');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/var/www/html/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

Here's my .htaccess:

# $Id$
#
# This is used with Apache WebServers
#
# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to
# the AllowOverride configuration
#
# Example:
#
# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
#   AllowOverride Options
# </Directory>
#
# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the
# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)
# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet
# Explorer browsers
#<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
#  <IfDefine SSL>
#    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
#			 nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
#			 downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
#  </IfDefine>
#</IfModule>
# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the
# following Apache configuration parameter
# AcceptPathInfo On
# Fix certain PHP values
# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain
# servers)
# php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
# php_value register_globals 1
# Begin Ultimate SEO V2.2d
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
 # RewriteBase instructions
 # Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below.
 # http://www.mysite.com = RewriteBase /
 # http://www.mysite.com/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/ 
 # http://www.mysite.com/catalog/shop/ = RewriteBase /catalog/shop/
 # Change the following line using the instructions above 

RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# End Ultimate SEO V2.2d

My site is in the root directory. If the above files are correct, where should I check?

Thanks

I forgot to mention. When i look in the server's error log, I get these errors:

[sun Feb 19 01:00:30 2012] [error] [client 66.249.71.44] File does not exist: /var/www/html/ultimate-alien-pr-3092.html
[sun Feb 19 01:00:31 2012] [error] [client 66.249.66.149] File does not exist: /var/www/html/business-finance-c-204_219.html
[sun Feb 19 01:00:34 2012] [error] [client 66.249.71.44] File does not exist: /var/www/html/califone-ergoguys-m-18.html

So instead of placing the site's domain in the url, it's placing the path to the file there.

Thanks.

I forgot to mention. When i look in the server's error log, I get these errors:

[sun Feb 19 01:00:30 2012] [error] [client 66.249.71.44] File does not exist: /var/www/html/ultimate-alien-pr-3092.html
[sun Feb 19 01:00:31 2012] [error] [client 66.249.66.149] File does not exist: /var/www/html/business-finance-c-204_219.html
[sun Feb 19 01:00:34 2012] [error] [client 66.249.71.44] File does not exist: /var/www/html/califone-ergoguys-m-18.html

So instead of placing the site's domain in the url, it's placing the path to the file there.

Thanks.

Your files look correct except maybe the path: /var/www/html/. Are you sure it is the correct path for the new server?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi!

I am using this contribution and I want to ask if the urls have 301 redirect and if not is there any simple way of doing a 301 redirect?

Thank you.

Yes, 301's are issued.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Your files look correct except maybe the path: /var/www/html/. Are you sure it is the correct path for the new server?

I checked the path through the server's admin area and through FTP. It's correct unless the root begins before '/var'. Do you think maybe it's a configuration in Apache?

I used the same files and database from the old server. Is it possible something got shifted around when I uploaded the database?

The only thing I can think to do is to empty the products and categories tables, then re-populate them.

Also, here's what is actually on the 404 page itself:

Not Found
The requested URL /blu-ray-c-309.html was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at www.discxpress.com Port 80

The domain isn't appearing before '/blu-ray-c-309.html'

Thanks

Edited by discxpress

I checked the path through the server's admin area and through FTP. It's correct unless the root begins before '/var'. Do you think maybe it's a configuration in Apache?

I used the same files and database from the old server. Is it possible something got shifted around when I uploaded the database?

The only thing I can think to do is to empty the products and categories tables, then re-populate them.

Also, here's what is actually on the 404 page itself:

The domain isn't appearing before '/blu-ray-c-309.html'

Thanks

If everything was working before the move, then it is almost definite the problem is due to to something with the new server. Some servers won't work with the Options +FollowSymLinks command so you could try removing it. Removing the products won't do anything but cause more trouble so don't do that. You might want to try using the remove option in the settings and click on home on the shop side to recreate the database entries. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If everything was working before the move, then it is almost definite the problem is due to to something with the new server. Some servers won't work with the Options +FollowSymLinks command so you could try removing it. Removing the products won't do anything but cause more trouble so don't do that. You might want to try using the remove option in the settings and click on home on the shop side to recreate the database entries. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

Thanks for your reply.

I believe the Options +FollowSymLinks command is commented out in the httpd.conf file on the server. I know that command can be removed from the .htaccess file. Now your second suggestion, I will have to find it in the server's admin area, right?

Jack,

The suggestions you made didn't work but I did find something interesting. I turned off SEO Urls in admin. The categories now work but when I click on a product instead of going to the product's page, a downloaded file of product_info.php is sent to my computer. Go to my site www.discxpress.com, click on a product. You'll see what I'm talking about.

I believe it's the way the server interacts with PHP or the way it generates links.