• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hi Jack,

Sorry to be a pain about this. I thought I had fixed the config file right but evidently I must have done something else. I am still getting the oscids appended to urls

On my mac where I did all the work it works like its supposed to but using 2 other pcs with multiple browsers it doesn't work

here is my two config files so you may look

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.domain.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://www.domain.com');

The above should be

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.www.domain.com'); 
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.www.domain.com'); 

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

No, you misunderstood. The problem, most likely, is that you have your site setup a certain way, say http://www.mysite.com, but you told google that it is named http://mysite.com so when they compare urls they don't match, thus the failure. In your google account, there is a section where it will tell you what the actuall failure is for. You need to find that. The url's redirecting in this contribution isn't the cause of the problem. This contribuion, in one form or another, is used by many, many sites, including my own and they don't have such problems with a google sitemap account (the ones I personally know of, which are quite a few). So concentrate on the error, not the contribution, and you will be able to fix it.

I submitted just one page into the fetch as googlbot option. the page I put in was this:

http://www.mysite.com/baffin-derrick-work-boots-p-401.html

the error I got was this:

HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 00:11:46 GMT
Server: Apache
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.15
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Content-Encoding: gzip
Keep-Alive: timeout=2, max=100
Connection: Keep-Alive
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: text/html

does that imply something was wrong with my cookie_usage.php file?

I submitted just one page into the fetch as googlbot option. the page I put in was this:

http://www.mysite.com/baffin-derrick-work-boots-p-401.html

the error I got was this:

HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 00:11:46 GMT
Server: Apache
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.15
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Content-Encoding: gzip
Keep-Alive: timeout=2, max=100
Connection: Keep-Alive
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: text/html

does that imply something was wrong with my cookie_usage.php file?

I'm sorry but I don't know what the "fetch as googlbot option" is. And that error, for whatever reason it is showing, isn't reelated to this contribution since this contribution doesn't alter that page. I've also never seen such an error reported in google sitemaps so I don't have an answer for you based on what you provided. You should turn off this contribution and test your sitemaps without it and continue from there. If you still get the above error, and you have made sure that this contribution is installed correctly, you should post the problem in the general support forum so someone can walk you through tracing that problem.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I just installed Ultimate SEO URLs and it works perfect. But it messes up my orders as not all information are safed in all necessary tables anymore.

If I deactivate the changes in html_output.php, everything with the orders works perfect again.

Could you please help me?

Thx!

Kind regards,

Tobias Berben

I just installed Ultimate SEO URLs and it works perfect. But it messes up my orders as not all information are safed in all necessary tables anymore.

If I deactivate the changes in html_output.php, everything with the orders works perfect again.

I don't see how the two are related. This contribution just changes the url's. At most, it would cause your pages not to load. But it can't alter order data. Maybe you overwrote something in the installation that should not have been overwritten.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't see how the two are related. This contribution just changes the url's.

Strange, right, very strange.

But really, if html_output has the original code of function tep_href_link, everthing is ok. And if I change to the code of the Ultimate SEO URLs contributions, the orders_id is not stored in orders_total, orders_products and orders_status_history. May that be connected to session handling??!?

Kind regards,

Tobias Berben

Strange, right, very strange.

But really, if html_output has the original code of function tep_href_link, everthing is ok. And if I change to the code of the Ultimate SEO URLs contributions, the orders_id is not stored in orders_total, orders_products and orders_status_history. May that be connected to session handling??!?

I believe you are seeing that. However, the order id is only added during checkout and this contribution doesn't change the url's of the checkout pages. You are probably losing the session ID or something along those lines, which isn't caused by this contribution but it may be making the problem obvious. If you are using a purchased template, the problem is most likely in its code. But I'm afraid this isn't the sort of problem that can be solved in a support thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I started to test the Ultimate SEO V 2-2.2d-X contribution. Installing was very simple and this add-on looks very promising for our website, which already has been modified on several details, my complements!

We have ourselves changed URL generation in the basic configuration of our website in order to achieve higher ranking with Google. One important item we added, is that the selected language should always be maintained in the URL, eg:

http://www.website.nl/en/anti-oxidanten-complex-90vc-p-355497309.html as a URL to the English presentation of a product as opposed to

http://www.website.nl/de/anti-oxidanten-complex-90vc-p-355497309.html as a URL to the German presentation.

This is because crawling by eg Google should yield unique results related to the selected language, and otherwise the URL is not specific for the page that was indexed by Google.

Does anyone recognize this aspect? I would be very interested in a solution within this wonderful contribution!

I started to test the Ultimate SEO V 2-2.2d-X contribution. Installing was very simple and this add-on looks very promising for our website, which already has been modified on several details, my complements!

We have ourselves changed URL generation in the basic configuration of our website in order to achieve higher ranking with Google. One important item we added, is that the selected language should always be maintained in the URL, eg:

http://www.website.nl/en/anti-oxidanten-complex-90vc-p-355497309.html as a URL to the English presentation of a product as opposed to

http://www.website.nl/de/anti-oxidanten-complex-90vc-p-355497309.html as a URL to the German presentation.

This is because crawling by eg Google should yield unique results related to the selected language, and otherwise the URL is not specific for the page that was indexed by Google.

Does anyone recognize this aspect? I would be very interested in a solution within this wonderful contribution!

If you want to have url's like that, you can't do it with this contribution unless those are actual sub-directories.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

Thx!

Kind regards,

Tobias Berben

Hi setarkos,

I installed latest versione of Ultimate SEO Url a few days ago and had the same problem:

orders_id = 0 in the following tables:

orders_products

orders_products_attributes

orders_products_download

orders_status_history

orders_total

After searching in this forum I found out this problem was reported several times in the past and a solution was reported by mono303 in year 2005 !!

You just have to change:

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'true');

to:

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');

both in admin/includes/configure.php and includes/configure.php files.

This worked for me ! I mean it solved the problem of missed orders in the admin panel and order email with order_id = 0... ...BUT two other problems remains:

- the customer must re-login after completing an order

- after clicking on "buy" button on a list of products in a category an empty cart is shown

I think I'll completely remove this contribution ... :'(

After searching in this forum I found out this problem was reported several times in the past and a solution was reported by mono303 in year 2005 !!

You just have to change:

to:

This worked for me ! I mean it solved the problem of missed orders in the admin panel and order email with order_id = 0... ...BUT two other problems remains:

- after clicking on "buy" button on a list of products in a category an empty cart is shown

It's not the contribution. It is common knownledge that USE_PCONECT should be false. That has nothing to do with this contribution. And if you are having problems with staying logged in, it almost always means your configure file is not setup correctly, which makes sense since the above setting was incorrect. I suggest you use this thread to set up configure file correctly before doing anything else. Even if you remove this contribution, it will still need to be fixed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Nicola,

You just have to change:

to:

thanks for your help, but I finally (late at night ...) managed to solve the problem at the root.

The problem are two lines in checkout_process.php:

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS, $sql_data_array);
 $insert_id = tep_db_insert_id();

The OSC-function tep_db_insert_id (in old version!) relies on mysql_insert_id that uses the last mysql_connect link if not specified. If you've done a connect after application_top, then it will try to use that connection and not the one, that stored the order ...

Just change tep_db_insert_id in /functions/databasee.php from:

function tep_db_insert_id() {
     return mysql_insert_id();
   }

to:

function tep_db_insert_id($link = 'db_link') {
   global $$link;

return mysql_insert_id($$link);
 }

That should work quite fine. Right?

Kind regards,

Tobias Berben

SEO is working normal on the products I'm using input Article Manager does not work the error page.

What can be?

I'm sorry but I don't understand the question. Also, please state what version of this contribution you are using.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi.

My Server setup is:

Ubuntu 10.04,MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.3 Glassfish Server 3.1, WEB/WAR Application with PHP/JavaBridge as mediator between Server and PHP and oscommerce v2.3.1.

App directory on ubuntu: /web/osc2

App Context on Glassfish /osc2

I installed this contribution version 22d.

I have setup the files the recomended way in the instalation help.

After instalation, the site main page works, admin part works (including SEO part), but every time i clik on a link it gives me the 404 error. Is this related to the ability of mod_rewrite used by apache, that i might have to setup in Glassfish in same way? Can someone give some "pointers" to the solution?

Hi.

My Server setup is:

Ubuntu 10.04,MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.3 Glassfish Server 3.1, WEB/WAR Application with PHP/JavaBridge as mediator between Server and PHP and oscommerce v2.3.1.

App directory on ubuntu: /web/osc2

App Context on Glassfish /osc2

I installed this contribution version 22d.

I have setup the files the recomended way in the instalation help.

After instalation, the site main page works, admin part works (including SEO part), but every time i clik on a link it gives me the 404 error. Is this related to the ability of mod_rewrite used by apache, that i might have to setup in Glassfish in same way? Can someone give some "pointers" to the solution?

In general, when this happens it is because the .htaccess file is not setup correctly. Please post that file and the url to your shop.

This contribution has not been tested with oscommerce V3, at least by me, so I don't have any idea if it will work or not with that version, though my guess is that it will.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have a beginner question for you if you don't mind.

I'm just now studying up on this whole SEO thing, and have found out it is a pretty big deal. I use a lot of modifications on my shop, including a POS that is integrated with my database, and a mobile template for my shop. I've wanted to install this add-on for so long, but two things have scared me into not doing it.

#1: I don't know if existing links out in internet land will no longer work. When the new URLs are generated, do the old ones break?

#2: Will my internal stuff, (such as my POS and mobile shop) break?

I would really appreciate any answers you can give me, and it will probably help others as well that have questions such as this. Thanks in advance!

In general, when this happens it is because the .htaccess file is not setup correctly. Please post that file and the url to your shop.

Hi.

The link (copy) with the seo installed is www.aquapicanco.com/osc2.

The real shop is at www.aquapicanco.com/shop.

.htacess (on /osc2):

# $Id$

#

# This is used with Apache WebServers

#

# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to

# the AllowOverride configuration

#

# Example:

#

# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">

# AllowOverride Options

# </Directory>

#

# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the

# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet

# Explorer browsers

#<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>

# <IfDefine SSL>

# SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \

# nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \

# downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

# </IfDefine>

#</IfModule>

# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the

# following Apache configuration parameter

# AcceptPathInfo On

# Fix certain PHP values

# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain

# servers)

# php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

# php_value register_globals 1

# Begin Ultimate SEO V2.2d

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

# RewriteBase instructions

# Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below.

# http://www.mysite.com = RewriteBase /

# http://www.mysite.com/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/

# http://www.mysite.com/catalog/shop/ = RewriteBase /catalog/shop/

# Change the following line using the instructions above

RewriteBase /osc2/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# End Ultimate SEO V2.2d

Thank you for your reply!!

Edited by josemendes

#1: I don't know if existing links out in internet land will no longer work. When the new URLs are generated, do the old ones break?

#2: Will my internal stuff, (such as my POS and mobile shop) break?

I would really appreciate any answers you can give me, and it will probably help others as well that have questions such as this. Thanks in advance!

If the links in your shop are normal oscommerce links (using the code as is), then they will work correctly. This contribution issues a 301 redirect for old links so that the search engines know to change the url they have on file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The link (copy) with the seo installed is www.aquapicanco.com/osc2.

.htacess (on /osc2):

The .htaccess file is correct, assuming it is located in the osc2 directory. Be sure your host has mod_rewrite enabled.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I forced the use of cookies...

Admin -> Session -> Force Cookie Use True

This made sure that the oscid did not show up in the URL, which meant that Ultimate SEO (big thanks Chemo) did it's thing perfectly... even the first time..

If it does work for anybody else.. do post here...

Cheers..

Jack

This worked perfectly for me. THANK YOU!!!