• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

******** NOTE: STS USERS ONLY - Skip to step 1A. *********

******** NOTE: BTS USERS ONLY - Skip to step 1B. *********

Your shop is an STS shop if there is an includes/sts_templates/ directory.

Your shop is a BTS shop if there is a templates directory in the root directory.

hi i have got to this part of the install and mine does not have either of the above, does this mean it has been deleated? or have i got a later version since your post?

also same question regarding version

mine is as below.

// define the project version

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a');

many thanks

andy

******** NOTE: STS USERS ONLY - Skip to step 1A. *********

I think you may be a little lost. This is the support thread for Ultimate SEO.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm getting this message in Google Webmaster Tools for some of our sitemap XML files, which I presume is related to the installation of this contribution: "URLs not followed

When we tested a sample of URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs redirect to other locations. We recommend that your Sitemap contain URLs that point to the final destination (the redirect target) instead of redirecting to another URL." Any ideas on how to fix?

I'm getting this message in Google Webmaster Tools for some of our sitemap XML files, which I presume is related to the installation of this contribution: "URLs not followed

When we tested a sample of URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs redirect to other locations. We recommend that your Sitemap contain URLs that point to the final destination (the redirect target) instead of redirecting to another URL." Any ideas on how to fix?

To add to this, it shows this as well under Details: "HTTP Error: 301

URL:

http://www.wolfftanning.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=11

Problem detected on: Aug 8, 2010"

To add to this, it shows this as well under Details: "HTTP Error: 301

URL:

http://www.wolfftanning.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=11

Problem detected on: Aug 8, 2010"

Please see this post.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

I have a new install with Ultimate SEO contrib added. Everything is working fine. I am looking to further modify the way a URL is displayed.

For e.g., I have my OSC installed with a /catalog directory. So my URLs look like (example): "http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/my-best-product-p-123.html"

I would like to remove /catalog from the URL address so that the above URL could read like: "http://www.mydomain.com/my-best-product-p-123.html"

Is this possible at all with a htaccess Rewrite / Redirect / Other?

Thank you.

JTM

I have a new install with Ultimate SEO contrib added. Everything is working fine. I am looking to further modify the way a URL is displayed.

For e.g., I have my OSC installed with a /catalog directory. So my URLs look like (example): "http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/my-best-product-p-123.html"

I would like to remove /catalog from the URL address so that the above URL could read like: "http://www.mydomain.com/my-best-product-p-123.html"

Is this possible at all with a htaccess Rewrite / Redirect / Other?

No, you can't do it with the contribution. The correct way to do it is to move the shop to the root directory.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm actieve on the DUTCH Oscommerce forum. Now i have A problem with rewrite url of Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2-2.2e for a while and nobody knows the answer. it Looks so simple but i don't get it... I have een OSc Multi language store Dutch and German

in AP URL Rewriting is this function possible, only the urls ar not as nice as Ultimate SEO!

The situation is as followed when i swith language i get at the and ?language=nl, ?language=en or?language=de like:

url.eu/my_file-name-c-68_94.html?language=nl

or

url.eu/my_file-name-c-68_94.html

it must become somthing linke this: url.eu/LANGUAGE/my_file-name-c-68_94.html

it must become somthing linke this: url.eu/NL/my_file-name-c-68_94.html

it must become somthing linke this: url.eu/EN/my_file-name-c-68_94.html

it must become somthing linke this: url.eu/DE/my_file-name-c-68_94.html

the current .htaccess code is:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

If possible I would take root in Dutch..

German url.eu/DE

and

English url.eu/EN

What to do? Thanks Alot!

Edited by stefan88

Ok... well I am the first to do it. I installed the new Polish pack by mistake... and now all the admin stuff is in polish! AGGHH!

It is up and sort of working... how do i make the menu in english?

Thanks!

Jen

Ok... well I am the first to do it. I installed the new Polish pack by mistake... and now all the admin stuff is in polish! AGGHH!

It is up and sort of working... how do i make the menu in english?

This isn't related to this contribution. Please post in the appropriate support thread or in the general forum.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi! Great contribution, thanks! I've installed this at http://www.nhuy.dk/shop and everything works fine except for extra info pages (in "Information" box) For all extra pages i get 404 Not found.

.htaccess is probably fine since this problem is limited to extra info pages only..

I would gladly turn SEO URLs off for extra info pages, if possible?

Any feedback is appreciated

/Aarto

Edited by Aarto

Hi! Great contribution, thanks! I've installed this at http://www.nhuy.dk/shop and everything works fine except for extra info pages (in "Information" box) For all extra pages i get 404 Not found.

.htaccess is probably fine since this problem is limited to extra info pages only..

I would gladly turn SEO URLs off for extra info pages, if possible?

Any feedback is appreciated

/Aarto

In order for the rewrite to work with such a contribution, code changes need to be made to this contribution and it doesn't have those for that contribution. It does have the code changes for Information Manager and Page Editor, as I recall, and both of those are similar to Extra Info Pages. You can edit the code and make those changes yourself, though they are not trivial, or install one of the other contributions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Because of site not getting any unique visitors, I thought I post this in general support and created this thread here. After receiving help from some members, I am assuming part of this issue deals with this contribution -Ultimate SEO URLs. Had a slight error and after rechecking the install instructions, found a slight error. Which did correct most of my issues. But one final issue and I still am not able to find a solution.

Going to manufacturers drop down box to select a title, in the browser address bar, it displays this: http://www.greatdiscounts4u.com/?manufacturers_id=8. But after reading a few post, that is not correct. I have cleared cache and reloaded browser just to be sure.

Going to manufacturers drop down box to select a title, in the browser address bar, it displays this: http://www.greatdiscounts4u.com/?manufacturers_id=8. But after reading a few post, that is not correct. I have cleared cache and reloaded browser just to be sure.

That isn't a properly formatted link (where's the index.php?) so it seems there is a mistake in your code.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That isn't a properly formatted link (where's the index.php?) so it seems there is a mistake in your code.

Very sorry, now I am confused and ready to pull my hair out. So if no index.php in link, it means it is not correct? When I put the mouse over one of the category name, it displays http://www.greatdiscounts4u.com/auto-c-8.html This has no index.php in the link and I was told that was correct link.

Yes I have Header Tags SEO and Ultimate SEO URLS installed. And according to Google ANALYTICS, I've only had one hit to my site since June 12th and that was from the forum here. So that is why I started this thread. I have looked at both of these installs over and over checking for any mistakes in the installation instructions. Checked settings in admin and catalog/.htaccess

Very sorry, now I am confused and ready to pull my hair out. So if no index.php in link, it means it is not correct? When I put the mouse over one of the category name, it displays http://www.greatdiscounts4u.com/auto-c-8.html This has no index.php in the link and I was told that was correct link.

Yes I have Header Tags SEO and Ultimate SEO URLS installed. And according to Google ANALYTICS, I've only had one hit to my site since June 12th and that was from the forum here. So that is why I started this thread. I have looked at both of these installs over and over checking for any mistakes in the installation instructions. Checked settings in admin and catalog/.htaccess

It sounds like you removed the index.php from your FILENAME_DEFAULT definition, or something similar, which is incorrect. You should get rid of the index.php in links but only if there are not any arguments in the url. See this thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It sounds like you removed the index.php from your FILENAME_DEFAULT definition, or something similar, which is incorrect. You should get rid of the index.php in links but only if there are not any arguments in the url. See this thread.

I did restore my store back to my last backup to eliminate any typo errors if that was the cause. I viewed several live stores that had both Header Tags SEO and SEO URLS installed to see what their URLS looked like when selecting a category or manufacturers and also at the product_info page. Viewing the source code, one can tell if HT is installed and by the URL in address bar if SEO URLS is installed. Noticed there were around three different displays. Wish there is a sample site that one can view what the correct URL for category, manufacturers and product_info should look like.

Below is a few URLs and am wondering which one is correct:

I did restore my store back to my last backup to eliminate any typo errors if that was the cause. I viewed several live stores that had both Header Tags SEO and SEO URLS installed to see what their URLS looked like when selecting a category or manufacturers and also at the product_info page. Viewing the source code, one can tell if HT is installed and by the URL in address bar if SEO URLS is installed. Noticed there were around three different displays. Wish there is a sample site that one can view what the correct URL for category, manufacturers and product_info should look like.

Below is a few URLs and am wondering which one is correct:

The rewritten ones are correct.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hmmm alright having error 404

# Begin Ultimate SEO V2.2d

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# End Ultimate SEO V2.2d

but also having this in the admin ..... whats with the language?

SEO URLs

Title Value Action

W³±czyæ SEO URLs? true Info

Czy dodaæ cPath do adresu URL produktu? false Info

Czy dodaæ nazwê podkategorii do adresu URL produktu? false Info

Czy dodaæ nazwê podkategorii do adresu URL kategorii? false Info

Filtr krótkich s³ów 3 Info

Poprawno¶æ W3C dla adresów URL? true Info

Pamiêæ podrêczna cache dla SEO? true Info

Pamiêæ podrêczna cache dla adresów URL produktów? true

Pamiêæ podrêczna cache dla adresów URL kategorii? true Info

Pamiêæ podrêczna cache dla adresów URL producentów? true Info

Pamiêæ podrêczna cache dla adresów URL artyku³ów? false Info

Pamiêæ podrêczna cache dla adresów URL tematów artyku³ów? false Info

Pamiêæ podrêczna cache dla adresów URL czêsto zadawanych pytañ FAQ? false Info

Pamiêæ podrêczna cache dla adresów URL stron informacyjnych? false Info

Pamiêæ podrêczna cache dla adresów URL menad¿era linków? false Info

Pamiêæ podrêczna cache dla adresów URL Newsów? false Info

Pamiêæ podrêczna cache dla adresów URL kategorii Newsów? false Info

Pamiêæ podrêczna cache dla adresów URL ankiet? false Info

Pamiêæ podrêczna cache dla adresów URL edytora stron? false Info

Automatyczne przekierowania? true Info

U¿ycie Header Tags SEO jako nazwy? false Info

Tryb testowy? false Info

Format SEO URL Rewrite Info

Konwersja znaków specjalnych Info

Czy usun±æ wszystkie nie-alphanumeryczne znaki? false Info

Czy zresetowaæ pamiêæ podrêczn± SEO? false Info

Odinstaluj Ultimate SEO false Info

works perfect before i implemented this mod and nothing is funky as above

Edited by freelancement

hmmm alright having error 404

# Begin Ultimate SEO V2.2d

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

but also having this in the admin ..... whats with the language?

For the first propblem you don't mention the url so I can only guess that the path is wrong.

For the second, I can't imagine what caused that. Use the uninstall option in the settings, assuming it works, and refresh your shop to reinstall. Maybe that will clear it up.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

For the first propblem you don't mention the url so I can only guess that the path is wrong.

For the second, I can't imagine what caused that. Use the uninstall option in the settings, assuming it works, and refresh your shop to reinstall. Maybe that will clear it up.

it was a www.mysite.com

and yeah, uninstalled after figuring out which of the coded links it was, then reinstalled and still didnt like me

tempted to give up, spent 3 3am nights on this thing

it was a www.mysite.com

and yeah, uninstalled after figuring out which of the coded links it was, then reinstalled and still didnt like me

tempted to give up, spent 3 3am nights on this thing

didnt like uninstalling the second time, but what i found that the settings turned back to english just before it disappeared trying to get rid of it

replaced the seo.class.php, reset_seo_cache.php and the general.php with fresh files to get it off my admin.

so im assuming that means there was an issue with one of the categories.php, html_output.php or application_top.php as these were back to original files during admin cleanup and third uninstall.

I think ill leave it as is for tonight, as see what the forum says tomorrow night

donno what this could be ... might sleep on it

cheers,

Freelancement

Edited by freelancement

didnt like uninstalling the second time, but what i found that the settings turned back to english just before it disappeared trying to get rid of it

replaced the seo.class.php, reset_seo_cache.php and the general.php with fresh files to get it off my admin.

so im assuming that means there was an issue with one of the categories.php, html_output.php or application_top.php as these were back to original files during admin cleanup and third uninstall.

I think ill leave it as is for tonight, as see what the forum says tomorrow night

donno what this could be ... might sleep on it

To clarify, the uninstall in admin only uninstalls the atabase changes so the file changes are still there unless you replace those.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

To clarify, the uninstall in admin only uninstalls the atabase changes so the file changes are still there unless you replace those.

i did a file and a db backup before i installed, so i replaced the whole website via FTP, and then did a db restore

should fix it yeah? this is after i did the admin uninstall

only thing it didnt like were the config files being replaced, i went thro the code, didnt look like it had changed .... i stand to be corrected on that tho