• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

"It doesn't work at all." So your web site will no longeer load - even the home page?

You need to replace the complete block of code, even if yours doesn't match what is in the documentation. Your function has been edited though so it could be that some other part of the code has been changed to work with that. Without a more meaningfull descroption of the problem, it is all just guessing but you will probably need to remove the extra code changes elsewhere in the shop that use your edited function. There's no way to be more specific than that since you have non-standard code. It could also be that you haven't finished the installation - more guessing due to the description.

thanks Jack for your reply

i have used a file compare to compare between what is the diference in STEP #3 - Edit includes/functions/html_output.php for editing the function ////

// The HTML href link wrapper function

function tep_href_link

and the difference that i found is :

my mdoified file is having:

$link .= $separator . tep_output_string($_sid);

and in your code docuentation you have this line:

$link .= $separator . $_sid;

so what do you adivse me to do.?

do i ignore this difference and just out your new function which is ( i have tryied this option but did not work):

////
// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.2d
// The HTML href link wrapper function
function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true) {
  global $seo_urls;                
  if ( !is_object($seo_urls) ){
   if ( !class_exists('SEO_URL') ){
    include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');
   }
   global $languages_id;
   $seo_urls = new SEO_URL($languages_id);
  }
  return $seo_urls->href_link($page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id);
}

or how do I get your addon works in my shop?

thanks Jack for your reply

i have used a file compare to compare between what is the diference in STEP #3 - Edit includes/functions/html_output.php for editing the function ////

or how do I get your addon works in my shop?

This has already been answered in my reply. You have non-standard code. There is no way for me to know what else has been changed so I can't help you. Replace it, as I've already said, and see what happens. If it fails restore and work on removng the non-standard code.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Is it okay/recommended to add this contribution to an already active osCommerce site that's already indexed (although somewhat poorly) in Google?

As long as the url's are in either the standard oscommerce or search engine friendly format, it is safe.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have a problem after setting up this addon.

URLs are working all great, but there are some problems with ordering now.

After the order is processed, it won't be written into the admin panel, but there will be emails sent out.

Order number is #0 for all orders.

If I globally disable this addon, it works fine again.

Any thoughts? Is it a database issue?

As long as the url's are in either the standard oscommerce or search engine friendly format, it is safe.

Okay. I'll just leave the site as-is with URLs structured like this: product_info.php?products_id=249. There are plenty of other tasks that need attention anyway.

I have a problem after setting up this addon.

URLs are working all great, but there are some problems with ordering now.

After the order is processed, it won't be written into the admin panel, but there will be emails sent out.

Order number is #0 for all orders.

If I globally disable this addon, it works fine again.

Any thoughts? Is it a database issue?

Assuming your ordering system works fine without the changes, you would have had to have made a mistake in the installation since this contributions doesn't have anything to do with checkout.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Okay. I'll just leave the site as-is with URLs structured like this: product_info.php?products_id=249. There are plenty of other tasks that need attention anyway.

That's the standard oscommerce format so there'e no technical reason not to install it.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

That's the standard oscommerce format so there'e no technical reason not to install it.

Not exactly sure what you mean. Are you referring to leaving the URL structure as-is or installing Ultimate SEO URLs?

Jack, I had an old version of this running and disabled, there was the same issue.

Today I downloaded the newest 22d_10 and made the simple changes, replaced all the old code (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS) but there is still the same issue.

Order is listed in the database, but isn't visible in the orders menu (admin), and order number in the email is ZERO (but fine in the database table)

Not exactly sure what you mean. Are you referring to leaving the URL structure as-is or installing Ultimate SEO URLs?

There's no technical reason why you should not install Ultimate SEO.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, First thanks for the add-on

I installed it on my site and it seems to be working for the most part. The only thing not working is the category pages. When hovering over category links I see that they are pointing to SEO urls (Ex. http://www.phpgalleria.com/email-scripts-c-27.html)

However when I click on the link it takes me to a non-SEO-URLed page (ex. http://www.phpgalleria.com/?cPath=27)

I appreciate any help.

Thanks

I installed it on my site and it seems to be working for the most part. The only thing not working is the category pages. When hovering over category links I see that they are pointing to SEO urls (Ex. http://www.phpgalleria.com/email-scripts-c-27.html)

However when I click on the link it takes me to a non-SEO-URLed page (ex. http://www.phpgalleria.com/?cPath=27)

Without your shop url and your .htaccess file, as mentioned in the installation file, I can't help.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have the same problem as fguerrache.

I have downloaded a brand new, clean OScommerce 2.2rc2a... and the code fguerrache describes (which u have said is non-standard) is the standard code that comes with the oscommerce download....

Do you have a suggestion as to how to get round this? The standard code would appear to have changed?

Thanks

I have the same problem as fguerrache.

I have downloaded a brand new, clean OScommerce 2.2rc2a... and the code fguerrache describes (which u have said is non-standard) is the standard code that comes with the oscommerce download....

Do you have a suggestion as to how to get round this? The standard code would appear to have changed?

Thanks

Please provide the line number and file name where "manufacturer addition by WebPixie," which was in the code he posted, is in the stock oscommerce code.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The urls are rewritten from the shops urls. As long as you have the other languages installed and working, Ultimate SEO will rewrite them with the correct language files.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Without your shop url and your .htaccess file, as mentioned in the installation file, I can't help.

Hi, my shop url is http://www.phpgalleria.com/

The .hataccess file is as below:

Thanks

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

# redirect all non-www traffic
Rewritecond %{http_host} ^phpgalleria.com [nc]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.phpgalleria.com/$1 [r=301,nc]

# Redirect aliases of home page to the root website
rewriteRule ^index\.(html|htm|php) http://www.phpgalleria.com/ [R=permanent,L]

ErrorDocument 404 /404.php

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

The .hataccess file is as below:

# Redirect aliases of home page to the root website

rewriteRule ^index\.(html|htm|php) http://www.phpgalleria.com/ [R=permanent,L]

As you mentioned, the correct link should be something like http://www.phpgalleria.com/index.php?cPath=27 instead of http://www.phpgalleria.com/?cPath=27. Ultimate SEO won't remove the index.php part so your problem is elsewhere.

First, the above should be

rewritrewriteRule ^index\.(html|htm|php)$ http://www.phpgalleria.com/ [R=permanent,L]

Since that line has to do with your index.php file, which is part of the problem, try that change first. If it doesn't work, try removing that code from the .htaccess file completely to see if it makes a difference. It could also be that your template is using incorrect code to create the links so you should first turn Ultimate SEO off and see if that link is formed correctly. If not, the problem is in your basic code.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm using the seo urls and they work great thank you. I have one questions though ... I now want to change the name of all my products to be more descriptive than I originally made them but when I do it changes the url of the product too. I tried updating in the database just the product description title but it still grabs it and puts it in the url. I'm afraid that if I change all my url's it will screw up my sites rating and everything would have to be reindexed. Does anyone know how I can change my product titles without changing the url?

Thanks!

Travis

I'm using the seo urls and they work great thank you. I have one questions though ... I now want to change the name of all my products to be more descriptive than I originally made them but when I do it changes the url of the product too. I tried updating in the database just the product description title but it still grabs it and puts it in the url. I'm afraid that if I change all my url's it will screw up my sites rating and everything would have to be reindexed. Does anyone know how I can change my product titles without changing the url?

The only way to do that with my version is to use the Header Tags option, though you need Header Tags SEO installed for that to work. But doing what you want is not a good idea, from an SEO perspective. The text in the url should match the name of the product for best results.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the quick response Jack! I also use your header tags seo which is an awesome contribution by the way. I used that to update my product page titles with more keyword relevant content; is that what you were referring to? I'm wanting to change the product names listed on the category pages so my category pages will have more keyword relevance and get me higher on the keyword searches I need. The problem is I don't want the url's to change since they're already indexed. Is there any way around this or will I just have to do a few products at a time so I don't get clobbered all at once?

Thanks for your help!

-Travis

Thanks for the quick response Jack! I also use your header tags seo which is an awesome contribution by the way. I used that to update my product page titles with more keyword relevant content; is that what you were referring to? I'm wanting to change the product names listed on the category pages so my category pages will have more keyword relevance and get me higher on the keyword searches I need. The problem is I don't want the url's to change since they're already indexed. Is there any way around this or will I just have to do a few products at a time so I don't get clobbered all at once?

This contribution will issue a 301 redirect for mismatching urls so that is not a concern. But having a url with one name and the title on the page and/or in the web browser should be. This is beyond the scope of this thread but, as mentioned, that is not a good idea.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I am using this contribute (v2.2d10) and osCommerce 2.2, I wonder how I can change the URL like paths with category and subcategory names. I mean without the string "-c-XXX". I want to display the URL like so:

http://www.example.com/category_name.html

or

http://www.example.com/category_name/subcategory_name.html

Edited by kahlenberg