• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I think i just figured it out. All I needed was to add the following lines to .htaccess file:

RewriteRule ^(.*)product_info.php/products_id/(.*)$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)index.php/cPath/(.*)$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Good job. :)

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

By the way, I found this website which offers a MAGIC SEO application better then this contribution.

Could you tell me if is that comparison true?

Here is the website: My link

Sites can say pretty much what they want but many of the comparisons on that page are incorrect and the support for that package is notoriously poor so I wouldn't recommend it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

As I recall there was some incorrect code for some of the addons regarding cache. So try turing cache off for the faqdesk contribution should get around the first problem. The second may also be related to cache, though probably just not cleared. You should turn off all caching options and go from there.

Thank you explaned. I turn off all cache and go to phpmyadmin to check double time that there is no cache for seo url. There is a image for that:

52331185.jpg

After that, i tested step by step form ver 2.1d to 2.2d9 and found that:

2.1d, 2.1d2 work well with basic function. The non Enghlish characters had been converted well.

2.1d3: still have the good convertion but url of child category will be : /parent-category-c-1_2.html : ofcouse all "Add parent ...." set to false

from 2.2d4: there no bug about child product category like 2.1d3 but have the bad convertion folow the image above.

Anh from which version have faqdesk, it has the bug like 2.1d3 for child faq category url.

Paint for VietNamese :

Hi Jack,

I found the problem of bad convertion non Enghlish charecter. That is the function LOWER of SQL. So, when i delete all function LOWER in code, the url link work well both in pages and on address bar.

I think there is no need to use LOWER function of SQL because in the code have function strtolower() to do this for all link.

Now, going to to find how to fix the child faq category url. Please help me.

Paint for VietNamese :

Hi

I have the additional image mod installed. Once i installed this seo url. When i click on the second picture..or etc. I will get the invalid link. Please advise.

eg. when u go to this page

http://www.preciseswiss.com/shop/bell--ross-full-box-sets-p-1237.html

When u enlarge the picture and click on "2" for second picture. I will get the wrong link

http://www.preciseswiss.com/shop/bell--ross-full-box-sets-pi-1237.html&sel=2

The correct link should be

http://www.preciseswiss.com/shop/bell--ross-full-box-sets-pi-1237&sel=2.html

Please advise where to correct the order for the link..

Hope somebody here can help me.

thanks!!

Now, going to to find how to fix the child faq category url. Please help me.

It is either a problem with the cache for faqdesk or the code to handle simply isn't there. I don't have that contribution installed in any of my test shops so I can't check it now. I will fix if with the next version but I can't say when that will be. In the meantime, try not using cache and see if that works.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have the additional image mod installed. Once i installed this seo url. When i click on the second picture..or etc. I will get the invalid link. Please advise.

eg. when u go to this page

http://www.preciseswiss.com/shop/bell--ross-full-box-sets-p-1237.html

When u enlarge the picture and click on "2" for second picture. I will get the wrong link

http://www.preciseswiss.com/shop/bell--ross-full-box-sets-pi-1237.html&sel=2

I think the sel= is causing the code to fail. The easiest fix would be to change the popup code to use post instead of get. I looked in the popup file code though for that contribuion and don't see it there so it seems you are not using the stock install, or maybe I have an older version. In either case, it is a problem to be solved in that contributions support thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Please advise how to i get this fixed??

This is the popup_image.php file

case 1:

switch($HTTP_GET_VARS['sel']) {

case 1:

print '<a class="main_popup" href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) . '><b>1</b></a>';

break;

default:

print '<a class="main_popup" href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) . '>1</a>';

}

break;

case 2:

switch($HTTP_GET_VARS['sel']) {

case 2:

print '<a class="main_popup" href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) . '&sel=1>1</a>';

print '     <a class="main_popup" href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) . '&sel=2><b>2</b></a>';

break;

case 1:

print '<a class="main_popup" href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) . '&sel=1><b>1</b></a>';

print '     <a class="main_popup" href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) . '&sel=2>2</a>';

break;

default:

print '<a class="main_popup" href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) . '&sel=1>1</a>';

print '     <a class="main_popup" href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) . '&sel=2>2</a>';

}

break;

case 3:...................

Please advise

is that i can do any change for the seo.class?

case ($page == FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE):

$url = $this->make_url($page, $this->get_product_name($p2[1]), $p2[0], $p2[1], '.html', $separator);

$this->ValidateName($url, "pID", $p2[1], $connection, $separator);

break;

default:

$container[$p2[0]] = $p2[1];

break;

} # end switch

break;

Hi, I'm trying to install Ultimate SEO. No problems, but also no SEO URLS....

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong... :blush:

www.bovitoys.nl

The instructions say to post your .htaccess file if you are having problems. Please do so.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

jACK....Please help on how to solve the invalid link...change the order for the "sel=" before .html

I think the sel= is causing the code to fail. The easiest fix would be to change the popup code to use post instead of get. I looked in the popup file code though for that contribuion and don't see it there so it seems you are not using the stock install, or maybe I have an older version. In either case, it is a problem to be solved in that contributions support thread.

jACK....Please help on how to solve the invalid link...change the order for the "sel=" before .html

As mentioned, that is not a problem with this contribution. If you can't find help in the support thread for the other contribution, you will need to figure it out on your own or pay someone to do it for you since I don't provide specialized coding in support threads.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have install last version of Seo (Ultimate Seo 2-2.2d-9)

This is my temporary site hosted into my pc and published outside

http://srvubuntu.sistemi-network.it

I have a problem to go into categories

you have suggestions?

Thanks

this is my .htaccess

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)product_info.php/products_id/(.*)$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)index.php/cPath/(.*)$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I have install last version of Seo (Ultimate Seo 2-2.2d-9)

This is my temporary site hosted into my pc and published outside

http://srvubuntu.sistemi-network.it

That's an invalid url so I can't comment on the problem but, in general, the contribution may not work with some temporary urls.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

i understand that but before i install the seo url...is working fine...i just want to know which file should i refer to for solving this problem if you don't want to help.

As mentioned, that is not a problem with this contribution. If you can't find help in the support thread for the other contribution, you will need to figure it out on your own or pay someone to do it for you since I don't provide specialized coding in support threads.

Hi could you guys help me.

I have installed Ultimate SEO but i am getting 500 and 404 errors.

If i update the .htaccess fiel as discribed in the setup the whole site gets 500 error inculding the admin side.

If I remove the .htaccess settings i can get back into the admin side and the index.php displays ok.

here is my site. http://www.datasharp.uk.com/catalog/

.htaccess as below results in 500 errors.

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Any ideas would be greatly recieved

Cheers

Dan

I have installed Ultimate SEO but i am getting 500 and 404 errors.

If i update the .htaccess fiel as discribed in the setup the whole site gets 500 error inculding the admin side.

Your .htaccess file is setup correctly so either the problem is that the file changes have not been made correctly or something is wrong on your server - no mod-rewrite or a Windows server. You should check with your host to verify you meet the requirements of the contribution. They may also be able to tell you why the error is occurring. That error can sometimes occur due to some formatting or command in the .htaccess file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Your .htaccess file is setup correctly so either the problem is that the file changes have not been made correctly or something is wrong on your server - no mod-rewrite or a Windows server. You should check with your host to verify you meet the requirements of the contribution. They may also be able to tell you why the error is occurring. That error can sometimes occur due to some formatting or command in the .htaccess file.

Hi Jack

Have just double double checked all the changes for the installation and all is correct.

I am running this all from our isp's unix server. I am checking with them to see if mod_rewrite is enabled.

I shall let you know

Thanks

Dan

Hello together,

maybe I have a small problem, which comes up with my installed xsell contribution.

The link of the "buy now"-button of the xsell-product shows the following:

http://www.domain.com/category/product-p-1234.html?product_to_buy_id=4321&action=buy_now

But when I click on that button, an error message appears, that the product (id=4321) cannot be found.

Is it possible, that this problem comes up with my installed ultimate-seo contrib ?

Can someone of you tell me, if the a.m. link is correctly built up ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Andreas

maybe I have a small problem, which comes up with my installed xsell contribution.

The link of the "buy now"-button of the xsell-product shows the following:

http://www.domain.com/category/product-p-1234.html?product_to_buy_id=4321&action=buy_now

But when I click on that button, an error message appears, that the product (id=4321) cannot be found.

Is it possible, that this problem comes up with my installed ultimate-seo contrib ?

Can someone of you tell me, if the a.m. link is correctly built up ?

I don't think that that should be causing a problem since that format is about the same used by the standard buy now code and that works.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons