• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I have the same problem, I just installed the latest version of the Ultimate SEO Urls and when I click on the main banners or product categories, it redirects right back to the index page. I looked at the post from 5060 but I didn't find a code that looked like the one listed in my footer.php. I'm very new to this. Can someone tell me what exactly the bad code looks like that needs to be removed and where I should be looking for it? I purchased my template from entheos templates. Thanks in advance...

You should first verify it is working for a product, if you haven't already. If it isn't, then you probably don't have the .htaccess file set up correctly. If it does work for products, search your code for this

$path_parts=getCurrPathName();

I've seen that in all of the problem sites so far. Of course, that could be needed code by some contribution you have installed or the problem code in your shop could be completely different so you have to be careful about blindly removing any such code.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I finally fixed the problem, thanks to your heads up on the template issues and this post: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/154166-contribution-ultimate-seo-urls-v21-by-chemo/page__st__5060.

Although I found the code that is being shown in that post, it wasn't located in includes/footer.php on my template, it was located in header.php, so the best thing to do is do a search on all your site files to make sure you find the correct one. In my case, I searched for:

print("<script type='text/javascript'>window.location='index.php';</script>");

Careful reading of the code must also be done in order to keep anything else from breaking up in there. The code portions that I commented out were:

<?php   
/*		   $path_parts=getCurrPathName();
	if(strpos($path_parts['basename'], "php") == false)
	{
	}  

if(($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?language=en") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?language=de") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?language=es") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD&language=en") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD&language=de") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD&language=es") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR&language=en") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR&language=de") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR&language=es"))
	{
?>	
<?php
	}else{
*/ ?>		   

<tr><td class="banner"><?php include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'panel_top2.php');?></td></tr>	
<?php
/*	    }    */
?>

Hope this helps anyone else out there having problems with product links redirecting to index.php and templates from templatemonster.

The bad code is in my includes/header.php also, it looks like this, so I'm not sure what part of this i can take out without messing up the site:

<?php

{

}

if(($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?language=en") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?language=de") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?language=es"))

{

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_2.php');

}else{

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_1.php');

}

?>

</td></tr>

<tr><td class="row_2">

<tr><td class="row_2">

The bad code is in my includes/header.php also, it looks like this, so I'm not sure what part of this i can take out without messing up the site:

Most of it needs to come out but it has to be replaced with other code so your template still functions correctly. But this isn't a subject for this support thread. You can try posting in the general forum but getting help for specific template coding here in the forums is difficult. You could try contacting the company you purchased the template from. It is sloppy code, to be generous, and they should fix it, though I doubt they will.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I have question on how my site map should be set up for Google after implementing ULTIMATE SEO.

Should the sitemap.xml file have URLs with the old URL address such as www.xyzdomain.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=777 OR

Should the sitemap.xml file have URLs with the new URL address such as www.xyzdomain.com/catalog/abc-nice-product-p-777.html

I think that having the old URL should be OK as this contribution redirects any queries for the old URL to the new one. Therefore, if I was to define the sitemap.xml for Google with the old URL address, what gets stored in the Google index - the old URL address or the new one that Google Bot was redirected to?

I hope I am asking my question clearly. Any input would be great...Thanks.

I finally fixed the problem, thanks to your heads up on the template issues and this post: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/154166-contribution-ultimate-seo-urls-v21-by-chemo/page__st__5060.

Although I found the code that is being shown in that post, it wasn't located in includes/footer.php on my template, it was located in header.php, so the best thing to do is do a search on all your site files to make sure you find the correct one. In my case, I searched for:

Careful reading of the code must also be done in order to keep anything else from breaking up in there. The code portions that I commented out were:

<?php   
/*		   $path_parts=getCurrPathName();
	{
	}  

if(($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?language=en") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?language=de") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?language=es") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD&language=en") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD&language=de") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD&language=es") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR&language=en") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR&language=de") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR&language=es"))
	{
?>	
<?php
	}else{
*/ ?>		   

<tr><td class="banner"><?php include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'panel_top2.php');?></td></tr>	
<?php
/*	    }    */
?>

Hope this helps anyone else out there having problems with product links redirecting to index.php and templates from templatemonster.

Thanks for the tip, however when I remove the code you gave, it does fix the redirect problem. However, it removes the main portion of my homepage and now the homepage just has "What's New" on it. Does anyone know how to correct this?

This is the code I removed from the includes/header.php:

{

}

So now when I type in my website into the brwoser: www.trademarkfashions.com it only shows the "what's new items". But if I type in www.trademarkfashions.com/index.php the whole homepage shows up correctly.

Is there any way to make it so when people type in the website it automaticaly adds the /index.php at the end, this would solve the issue.

Edited by linnellej

I have question on how my site map should be set up for Google after implementing ULTIMATE SEO.

Should the sitemap.xml file have URLs with the old URL address such as www.xyzdomain.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=777 OR

If you have a url rewriter installed, no matter which one it is, the links in contributions like Google Sitemap and google feeder, should match the ones the url rewriter creates. That should be automatic. If you have to make code changes to get the urls to display properly, you should switch to a contribution that creates them correctly in the first place.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you have a url rewriter installed, no matter which one it is, the links in contributions like Google Sitemap and google feeder, should match the ones the url rewriter creates. That should be automatic. If you have to make code changes to get the urls to display properly, you should switch to a contribution that creates them correctly in the first place.

Jack,

I have set up rewrite on in the /catalog/.htaccess file as per the Ultimate SEO contribution. The Ultimate SEO contribution was installed successfully. So the new URLs are seen as expected. I don't have the contribution Google Sitemap creator or Google feeder.

So let me rephrase the question. If the sitemap.xml file has the URLs listed in the older format (the format being the one prior to installing Ultimate SEO), when Google bot is redirected due to a rewrite (after installing Ultimate SEO), will Google bot take the resulting rewritten URL and index the rewritten URL? In other words, after implementing the contribution Ultimate SEO, if my sitemap remained unchanged what will Google's index have as the URL entry?

Thanks for your help.

I have set up rewrite on in the /catalog/.htaccess file as per the Ultimate SEO contribution. The Ultimate SEO contribution was installed successfully. So the new URLs are seen as expected. I don't have the contribution Google Sitemap creator or Google feeder.

So let me rephrase the question. If the sitemap.xml file has the URLs listed in the older format (the format being the one prior to installing Ultimate SEO), when Google bot is redirected due to a rewrite (after installing Ultimate SEO), will Google bot take the resulting rewritten URL and index the rewritten URL? In other words, after implementing the contribution Ultimate SEO, if my sitemap remained unchanged what will Google's index have as the URL entry?

They'll have incorrect ulrs that get issued 301's causing them to constantly be changed. Not a good idea. You should ask any further questions in the support thread for whatever google sitemap contribution you are using since this isn't a problem related to this contribution.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

First of all, let me say, THANK YOU!

This installation worked for me on the second try (my own fault, not your instructions) and it looks like it will make my links much prettier.

Additionally I thought that I had a bug with my Filter Short Words, but it is actually working. In case anyone else has the problem: I set mine to 0 so that no filtering would occur but it still appeared to be filtering. But it was fixed after I reset my SEO cache.

Very nice plugin!

Hi Jack

installed Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-9. Which is great.

ALL the things seems to be fine apart from breadcrumb trail.

I can see googlebot is crawling the site which is good. when i look at the url something unuaual happen.

Example 1:

the URL suppose to show:

www.xxx.com/canon-pixma-ip1500-ink-cartridges-c-22_97_222.html

breadcrumb:

Home » Canon Ink Cartridges » Canon PIXMA IP1500 Ink Cartridges

instead of the correct URL shown above, it show this

URL:

www.xxx.com/canon-pixma-ip1500-ink-cartridges-c-38_97_222.html

breadcrumb:

Home » Epson Ink Cartridges » Canon PIXMA IP1500 Ink Cartridges

The breadcrumb trail show up incorrect parent category. It suppose to show Canon Ink Cartridges but instead it show Epson Ink Cartridges

Example 2:

the URL suppose to show:

www.xxx.com/canon-bci-21-ink-cartridges-c-22_338_343.html

breadcrumb:

Home » Canon Ink Cartridges » Canon BCI-21 Ink Cartridges

instead of the correct URL shown above, it show this

URL:

www.xxx.com/canon-bci-21-ink-cartridges-c-0_22_338_343.html

breadcrumb:

Home

The breadcrumb trail show up blank due to the parent id is 0.

When I test the site. Everythings are fine, I can't get these incorrect URL to show up. Don't know why googlebot can get these incorrect URL to show up. I want to fix this ASAP, don't want google index the incorrect information.

Hi Kevin,

We also got this problem on our website:

http://www.xxx.com/car-alarms-and-security-rear-view-cameras-c-0_353_149.html

Have you solved it?

Hi Jack.

It's an amazing contribute. Thank you anh Mr.Chemo so much.

I have an idea but dont know how to do. That is:

For example, i have seo url link like these:

www.mydomain.com/product-name-abc-p111.html

www.mydomain.com/category-name222-c222.html

www.mydomain.com/category-name333-c222_333.html

When i try "Add category parent to product URLs?", it going to:

www.mydomain.com/category-name333-product-name-abc......

Now , i want it to be :

www.mydomain.com/category-name333/product-name-abc......

How to do this?

For the same with "Add category parent to begining of URLs?"

www.mydomain.com/category-name222/category-name333..............

Paint for VietNamese :

This is the support thread for the Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 release.

I wanted to create a separate thread for this release as the contribution has been recoded from the ground up and is completely different from <=2.0b releases.

Hi Chemo,

Where can I find information in how to use this contribution?

Thanks

Kelson

Hi Jack

Hope you can help me.

Where do I find documentation about the SEO URL contribution? The one in the package is just related to installation and upgrade issue. I would like to learn about this contribution, like the well-explained STS documentation. If not possible to get this documentation, could you please clarify my doubts, I am new to this.

- What is the meaning of each link topic in SEO admin menu?

- How does the cache work for SEO?

- When I enable the SEO in OSC, how does it really work?

- When the SEO is enabled, it creates a link for e.g. books (books-c-21.html). So, do I need to create a file with this name? Where should I put it, once I use STS as well? I tried to put the books-c-21.html in my STS template directory but did not work.

Please provide me some clear and idiot-proof information :)

Or a documentation explaning the heart of package.

Thanks in advance

Kelson

Hi Jack

Hope you can help me.

Where do I find documentation about the SEO URL contribution? The one in the package is just related to installation and upgrade issue. I would like to learn about this contribution, like the well-explained STS documentation. If not possible to get this documentation, could you please clarify my doubts, I am new to this.

- When the SEO is enabled, it creates a link for e.g. books (books-c-21.html). So, do I need to create a file with this name? Where should I put it, once I use STS as well? I tried to put the books-c-21.html in my STS template directory but did not work.

Please provide me some clear and idiot-proof information :)

Or a documentation explaning the heart of package.

Thanks in advance

Kelson

Hi Kelson .. you mentioned Jack but I'll answer anyway as the core contribution by Chemo remains more or less the same.

This is "somewhat" described in the documentation that Chemo originally wrote. Usually it is best to go with the standard settings.

The cache has nothing to do with SEO it attempts to "cache" the data after the first database runs as to continue accessing the database for .. e.g. products and category names .. would create heavy and unnecessary MySQL load.

The standard tep_href_link() wrapper is replaced with the functionality of this contribution so index.php?cPath=21 becomes books-c-21.html. The .htaccess file then converts books-c-21.html to index.php?cPath=21 so that osCommerce can understand the request.

You need to do nothing .. if it is working correctly osCommerce will work as if nothing has changed.

hope that helps.

Hi Jack.

It's an amazing contribute. Thank you anh Mr.Chemo so much.

I have an idea but dont know how to do. That is:

For example, i have seo url link like these:

www.mydomain.com/product-name-abc-p111.html

www.mydomain.com/category-name222-c222.html

www.mydomain.com/category-name333-c222_333.html

When i try "Add category parent to product URLs?", it going to:

www.mydomain.com/category-name333-product-name-abc......

Now , i want it to be :

www.mydomain.com/category-name333/product-name-abc......

How to do this?

You can't, at least with this version. Nor should you want to since it diminishes the SEO affect.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You can't, at least with this version. Nor should you want to since it diminishes the SEO affect.

Oh, thanks. I mistakenly thought it would be better for seo !!!

One more. I found an bug here.

That is FAQdesk category. For example, i have :

1. The parent category faq name : parent category faq . So the SEO url is: www.mydomain.com/parent-category-faq-fc-1.html

2. And the child category faq: child category faq . The SEO URL should be : www.mydomain.com/child-category-faq-fc-1_2.html but it show up www.mydomain.com/parent-category-faq-fc-1_2.html

Paint for VietNamese :

Oh, thanks. I mistakenly thought it would be better for seo !!!

One more. I found an bug here.

That is FAQdesk category. For example, i have :

1. The parent category faq name : parent category faq . So the SEO url is: www.mydomain.com/parent-category-faq-fc-1.html

2. And the child category faq: child category faq . The SEO URL should be : www.mydomain.com/child-category-faq-fc-1_2.html but it show up www.mydomain.com/parent-category-faq-fc-1_2.html

Do you have the add parent category option set in the admin settings?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Do you have the add parent category option set in the admin settings?

My setings :

Enable SEO URLs? true

Add cPath to product URLs? false

Add category parent to product URLs? false

Add category parent to begining of URLs? false

Filter Short Words 1

Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)? true

Enable SEO cache to save queries? true

Enable product cache? true

Enable categories cache? true

Enable manufacturers cache? true

Enable Articles Manager Articles cache? false

Enable Articles Manager Topics cache? false

Enable FAQDesk Categories cache? false

Enable Information Pages cache? true

Enable Links Manager cache? false

Enable NewsDesk Articles cache? false

Enable NewsDesk Categories cache? false

Enable Pollbooth cache? false

Enable Page Editor cache? false

Enable automatic redirects? true

Enable use Header Tags SEO as name? false

Enable permormance checker? false

Choose URL Rewrite Type Rewrite

Enter special character conversions

Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? false

Reset SEO URLs Cache false

Uninstall Ultimate SEO false

Paint for VietNamese :

Therer is another issue with non English language shop in ver 2.2 (work well in 2.1)

My shop using VietNamese. So there are some characters should be convert to English.

But the issue only appear in Product_Category. It work well for product, FAQ, faq category and all.

My shop have the full set of characters should be convert : Æ¡=>o, Æ°=>u, .... And "Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? false"

For example is product category name : Sơn nước ngoại thất

All link in page have the good convertion: www.mydomain.com/son-nuoc-ngoai-that-c-1.html

But in the address bar of browser is: www.mydomain.com/sn-noc-ngoai-that-c-1.html : note that it just lost some characters, not all !

Anf it SEO Cache turn on, after some click, all link in page will be going to the error url too !

If FAQ_categry has the name like that, it convert to right url: www.mydomain.com/son-nuoc-ngoai-that-fc-1.html

If replace seo.class.php by 2.1d version, all things work well (but there are no funtion for FAQ and other)

How to solve it ?

Paint for VietNamese :

Therer is another issue with non English language shop in ver 2.2 (work well in 2.1)

My shop using VietNamese. So there are some characters should be convert to English.

But the issue only appear in Product_Category. It work well for product, FAQ, faq category and all.

My shop have the full set of characters should be convert : Æ¡=>o, Æ°=>u, .... And "Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? false"

For example is product category name : Sơn nước ngoại thất

All link in page have the good convertion: www.mydomain.com/son-nuoc-ngoai-that-c-1.html

But in the address bar of browser is: www.mydomain.com/sn-noc-ngoai-that-c-1.html : note that it just lost some characters, not all !

Anf it SEO Cache turn on, after some click, all link in page will be going to the error url too !

If FAQ_categry has the name like that, it convert to right url: www.mydomain.com/son-nuoc-ngoai-that-fc-1.html

If replace seo.class.php by 2.1d version, all things work well (but there are no funtion for FAQ and other)

How to solve it ?

As I recall there was some incorrect code for some of the addons regarding cache. So try turing cache off for the faqdesk contribution should get around the first problem. The second may also be related to cache, though probably just not cleared. You should turn off all caching options and go from there.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Kelson .. you mentioned Jack but I'll answer anyway as the core contribution by Chemo remains more or less the same.

This is "somewhat" described in the documentation that Chemo originally wrote. Usually it is best to go with the standard settings.

The cache has nothing to do with SEO it attempts to "cache" the data after the first database runs as to continue accessing the database for .. e.g. products and category names .. would create heavy and unnecessary MySQL load.

The standard tep_href_link() wrapper is replaced with the functionality of this contribution so index.php?cPath=21 becomes books-c-21.html. The .htaccess file then converts books-c-21.html to index.php?cPath=21 so that osCommerce can understand the request.

You need to do nothing .. if it is working correctly osCommerce will work as if nothing has changed.

hope that helps.

Robert, thank you so much for your answers, really helpful!!

Now I am getting to understand.

I enabled the SEO in my shop but still did not work. Am getting the 404 error but I did everything possible in .htaccess and still not working. Probably is something related to RewriteBase directory, not sure. Could you tell me what is going wrong?

My shop is in http://localhost/vendabr/shop/index.php

and I set as RewriteBase /vendabr/shop/

Is that correct??

before installing this add-on my products were references as:

http://sklep.teleskopy.net/product_info.php/products_id/684

and categories as

http://sklep.teleskopy.net/index.php/cPath/79

is there a way to set up rewrite rules to get to the right categories now ?

The basic code in Ultimate SEO is supposed to handle that redirect for you. It has been pointed out here that V2.2d doesn't do that. I haven't tested it but I assume that is the case. I didn't change the code to cause that so it must have been dropped in an earlier version and copied forward. Until that is fixed, your options are to use it as it is, in which case you would lose those links from the search engines, or use one of the other versions 2.1d or SEO 5, in which case you would lose the benefits of this version. If you don't have many links listed with the search engines, then I suggest going with 2.2d. If there are a lot of links, or you don't want to lose the ones that are there, then you should go with one of the others.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hope that helps.

Just to say that I've fixed my problem:

I set AllowOverride to All in httpd.conf under apache/conf/ folder

and enabled the modules/mod_rewrite.so

Now my SEO URL is working perfectly! thanks for your attention

The basic code in Ultimate SEO is supposed to handle that redirect for you. It has been pointed out here that V2.2d doesn't do that. I haven't tested it but I assume that is the case. I didn't change the code to cause that so it must have been dropped in an earlier version and copied forward. Until that is fixed, your options are to use it as it is, in which case you would lose those links from the search engines, or use one of the other versions 2.1d or SEO 5, in which case you would lose the benefits of this version. If you don't have many links listed with the search engines, then I suggest going with 2.2d. If there are a lot of links, or you don't want to lose the ones that are there, then you should go with one of the others.

I think i just figured it out. All I needed was to add the following lines to .htaccess file:

RewriteRule ^(.*)product_info.php/products_id/(.*)$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)index.php/cPath/(.*)$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}