• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Here is an issue...

The following links are the same product.

http://negative-existence.com/store-c-42.html

http://negative-existence.com/-p-42.html

therefore "C" & "P" and perhaps "M" are all searching for the product with the corresponding number (which are out of stock) - leading to the "Product not found" message.

I found my problem... I had an old version of SEO URL an the rewrite rules were buried in my .htaccess file. Deleted the obsolete rules and now the add on works!

I still wonder if Version 5 is Superior to the latest version of 2.

-Alex

Hi guys,

First let me say what a great contribution this is. Simple and effective.

The bad part is that I'm not so good with modifying the rewrite & such. So my question is, how to change the url from cat1-prod1.html to cat1/prod1.html. In a nutshell, how do I split the parent from the child with a / instead of -.

Thanks a lot in advance

The bad part is that I'm not so good with modifying the rewrite & such. So my question is, how to change the url from cat1-prod1.html to cat1/prod1.html. In a nutshell, how do I split the parent from the child with a / instead of -.

You can't, nor should you want to since it dilutes the SEO advanatage of having it there.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot in advance

Path based link text is available in Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO which is undergoing final development and will be available quite soon.

That sounds great but any temporary solution will be greatly appreciated. I need to finish a project and believe it or not, this is the only thing I got left. God bless you :)

I'm confused. You already have the solution. Why would you want to go backwards?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Recieving this error after install.

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in /home/aopaj/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 2580

Secondly, how should I go about adding additional files to rewrite?

Recieving this error after install.

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in /home/aopaj/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 2580

Secondly, how should I go about adding additional files to rewrite?

Look in the includes/configure.php file for this line

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '');

If you find it, exactly as it is, then your configure file is setup incorrectly. See here on how to fix it.

The code in includes/classes/seo.class.php has to be changed to rewrite a url that isn't already included. But this contribution includes most that are needed. What are you wanting to rewrite?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Look in the includes/configure.php file for this line

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '');

If you find it, exactly as it is, then your configure file is setup incorrectly. See here on how to fix it.

The code in includes/classes/seo.class.php has to be changed to rewrite a url that isn't already included. But this contribution includes most that are needed. What are you wanting to rewrite?

Got it working, many of the pages still include .php for an extension. Looking to rewrite category pages to contain category name.

Got it working, many of the pages still include .php for an extension. Looking to rewrite category pages to contain category name.

The category urls are rewritten automatically. If yours are not being rewritten, then something is wrong with your installation or shop.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey guys,

I just installed version 2-2.2d-9 and I'm having problems when I click on a product from my store. I can see that the URL has been properly rewritten, such as http://myshop.com/oscommerce/toys-sale-product-p-4.html, but whenever I click on the product, it just makes a redirect straight back to the index page.

The only mods I have at the moment are Perfect Distorted Image Fix, Easy Populate, and XSell. The installation was followed exactly as was presented in the documentation page from the contrib package, and my .htacces file has the following:

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /oscommerce/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I'm also noticing that the link for the product's image shows the SEO version, while the link from the Details button shows the traditional one (http://myshop.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?products_id=104).

If I turn off the "Enable SEO URLs" in my admin then everything behaves OK, but as soon as I turn it on then the behavior I just described starts happening.

Any ideas on how I may solve this issue?

Many thanks to everyone in advance, hope to hear from you guys soon!

Fernando

I just installed version 2-2.2d-9 and I'm having problems when I click on a product from my store. I can see that the URL has been properly rewritten, such as http://myshop.com/oscommerce/toys-sale-product-p-4.html, but whenever I click on the product, it just makes a redirect straight back to the index page.

If you are using a template, there are some going around lately that have bad code in them that cause this sort of thing. This has been covered recently here.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you are using a template, there are some going around lately that have bad code in them that cause this sort of thing. This has been covered recently here.

I'm actually using a template from TemplateMonster Jack, and I did read a little bit about how someone had a template installed and was experiencing some issues, but nothing similar to what I'm experiencing.

Is there an alternate contribution that I could use, such as Ultimate Seo Urls 5 that may help me out with my issue? Or Do you have any suggestions I may try out to help fix my problem?

Many thanks in advance.

I'm actually using a template from TemplateMonster Jack, and I did read a little bit about how someone had a template installed and was experiencing some issues, but nothing similar to what I'm experiencing.

Is there an alternate contribution that I could use, such as Ultimate Seo Urls 5 that may help me out with my issue? Or Do you have any suggestions I may try out to help fix my problem?

Many thanks in advance.

I finally fixed the problem, thanks to your heads up on the template issues and this post: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/154166-contribution-ultimate-seo-urls-v21-by-chemo/page__st__5060.

Although I found the code that is being shown in that post, it wasn't located in includes/footer.php on my template, it was located in header.php, so the best thing to do is do a search on all your site files to make sure you find the correct one. In my case, I searched for:

print("<script type='text/javascript'>window.location='index.php';</script>");

Careful reading of the code must also be done in order to keep anything else from breaking up in there. The code portions that I commented out were:

<?php   
/*		   $path_parts=getCurrPathName();
	if(strpos($path_parts['basename'], "php") == false)
	{
		 print("<script type='text/javascript'>window.location='index.php';</script>");  
	}  

if(($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?language=en") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?language=de") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?language=es") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD&language=en") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD&language=de") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=USD&language=es") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR&language=en") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR&language=de") && ($path_parts['basename'] != "index.php?currency=EUR&language=es"))
	{
?>	
<?php
	}else{
*/ ?>		   

<tr><td class="banner"><?php include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'panel_top2.php');?></td></tr>	
<?php
/*	    }    */
?>

Hope this helps anyone else out there having problems with product links redirecting to index.php and templates from templatemonster.

The problem you are having is almost exactly the same as a few others have mentioned here. The difference is your product page is redirecting where it was their category pages. Templatemonster is notorious for having bad code in their templates. You can try SEO 5 but if it is the template, as I suspect, it will fail too. You'll need to find the code causing the redirect to fix it, if that is the problem. It has always been in the footer or one of the column files when I've ran into this problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Is there an alternate contribution that I could use, such as Ultimate Seo Urls 5 that may help me out with my issue.

As Jack said, the contribution is irrelevant if you have one of those horrible Template Monster javascript redirects. Rule number 1 is remove the offending code.

Hi,

I have successfully installed Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_9-2 released Mar 23 2010.

When the rewrites happen, I notice that the product id number gets added to the product name, the category id gets added to the category name, etc.

<b>Product example:</b>

www.mydomain.com/catalog/product-ice-blue-p-1002.html

<b>Category example:</b>

www.mydomain.com/catalog/category-c-12.html

I am not sure if the product id number and the category id number adds any value for SEO purposes other than the fact that it distinguishes 2 products with identical names (as their product id's are different) or 2 categories with identical names (as their category id's are different).

But since all the products and categories I deal with in my store are unique in their naming convention, how can I remove these product id's and category id's from the rewritten URL.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thank you.

JTM

I am not sure if the product id number and the category id number adds any value for SEO purposes other than the fact that it distinguishes 2 products with identical names (as their product id's are different) or 2 categories with identical names (as their category id's are different).

But since all the products and categories I deal with in my store are unique in their naming convention, how can I remove these product id's and category id's from the rewritten URL.

You can't remove the number. That is required for the contribution to work. It doesn't have an effect on SEO either way though so isn't anything to be concerned about.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the reply Jack.

Another question is regarding the use of special characters.

We have products where the product name has a number like for e.g. 15.4 as part of its name. When Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_9 was installed, the URL rewrites converted as follows:

a) The character . was removed as a result of the rewrite and 15.4 was rewritten as 154 - This creates a problem as searches on the web involve using 15.4 as part of the keyword, as it is a product spec.

I tried setting a special character conversion to resolve this. The special character conversion was written as .=>.

But no luck. Even after introducing the special character conversion, the period does not show up in the rewritten URL. Any suggestions on how to get around this?

Here is an example:

Product name: ABC Case 15.4 inches

URL before rewrite: www.mydomain.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=7705

URL after rewrite: www.mydomain.com/catalog/abc-case-154-inches.html

What I would like the URL to be rewritten as: www.mydomain.com/catalog/abc-case-15.4-inches.html

Thanks.

JTM

Edited by jtmajor

What I would like the URL to be rewritten as: www.mydomain.com/catalog/abc-case-15.4-inches.html

A period can't be used as the code is written. You could do a conversion of .=>- though. That won't give the desired result though, I'm afraid.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

Under debian lenny 64bits Ultimate SEO URLs last version make eaccelerator crash (error 500) in my apache log i just get error on line where i include seo.class.php in application_top.php is someone have a solution please ?

Under debian lenny 64bits Ultimate SEO URLs last version make eaccelerator crash (error 500) in my apache log i just get error on line where i include seo.class.php in application_top.php is someone have a solution please ?

It's very unlikely, in my opinion, that it is failing due to the type of server you are on. It is more likely to be an installation or seteup error.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi there, I'm hoping for a little help with an issue I currently have.

I have SEO urls installed have also recently added Sam's Remove & Prevent duplicate content with the canonical tag mod, now having both installed and with SEO urls switched on I seem to get a redirect loop i.e. when I select a product or product category in the shop it always redirects back to index.php. Also if I select a known product from my bestsellers box I get a message that says the product doesn't exist.

Funny thing is, if I switch SEO urls off the problem goes away but I'm then back to standard urls. The odder thing is if I remove Sams mod, the problem still exists. :(

Has anyone come across a similar issue or have any idea what the issue might be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have SEO urls installed have also recently added Sam's Remove & Prevent duplicate content with the canonical tag mod, now having both installed and with SEO urls switched on I seem to get a redirect loop i.e. when I select a product or product category in the shop it always redirects back to index.php. Also if I select a known product from my bestsellers box I get a message that says the product doesn't exist.

Funny thing is, if I switch SEO urls off the problem goes away but I'm then back to standard urls. The odder thing is if I remove Sams mod, the problem still exists. :(

From the way you describe it, this contribution was working fine before you installed the other one and if you remove the other, it now fails. That sounds like something was changed with the other installation that caused the problem. Since it didn't go away with its removal, I would assume there was a mistake in its installation. You should ask in the support thread for that contribution. I would think that someone has installed it along with Ultimate SEO so maybe they are familiar with the problem and/or a fix.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have the same problem, I just installed the latest version of the Ultimate SEO Urls and when I click on the main banners or product categories, it redirects right back to the index page. I looked at the post from 5060 but I didn't find a code that looked like the one listed in my footer.php. I'm very new to this. Can someone tell me what exactly the bad code looks like that needs to be removed and where I should be looking for it? I purchased my template from entheos templates. Thanks in advance...