• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Update: SEO URLs=false problem is there in my local system also, and in the remote host as well.

You have to turn off all of the options in admin for this contribution.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

Thank you for the quick response you are probably correct. However I can not get back into http://www.xsboostperformance.com/catalog/admin/login.php to fix or upload anything at all. This is where I get the 3 error messages.

thanks,

Brent

Uploading isn't done via the admin, or shouldn't be, at least. Most people use an ftp program (Filezilla is a nice, free one) or their hosts control panel.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Uploading isn't done via the admin, or shouldn't be, at least. Most people use an ftp program (Filezilla is a nice, free one) or their hosts control panel.

thanks for the advice, you were correct! After contacting my host provider I gained access and was able to fix the issue I was having. I'm sure this is something I should have known, but as we all know "You don't know what you don't know" LOL! :thumbsup:

thanks for the advice, you were correct! After contacting my host provider I gained access and was able to fix the issue I was having. I'm sure this is something I should have known, but as we all know "You don't know what you don't know" LOL! :thumbsup:

Absolutely. Oscomerce takes a while to get used to and no one knows it from the start.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I turned it off successfully by setting

Enable automatic redirects? =false

Enable SEO URLs? =false

Then I went to the product review of the page which was not coming with SEO URLs on, and it worked. So I would presume that the problem is with SEO URL (or related eg. .htaccess)

Do you have any idea where I should start investigating since I like the SEO URLs and it is very helpful for me.

Thanks.

Hi Jack,

Another thing, If I Uninstall Ultimate SEO through admin & reinstall again will it help solve my problem? Do I need to take any special care before reinstalling apart from the backup of my database?

Thanks.

Hi Jack,

Ok, Ill investigate a bit.

I got another problem, Google spotted it for me - product reviews page for some products shows a broken link - cannot find the page. When Im on the product page, I try to click Reviews but it gives me a broken link message.

Most of the product reviews show up except some. For example, these don't work:

http://tbeyond.com/luxury-silicone-case-for-apple-ipad-black-by-pdair-pr-9120.html

http://tbeyond.com/luxury-silicone-case-for-nokia-e63-blue-by-pdair-pr-315.html

http://tbeyond.com/luxury-silicone-case-for-nokia-e72-red-by-pdair-pr-373.html

Strange, but I don't know where to start to fix the problem.

This problem is specific to the version you are using, don't forget the last version uploaded is not necessarily the best.

I recommend the use of

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 ( different contribution, see my sig ) PRO version soon available.

or if you have to stay with the old series 2 ( perhaps you are not on PHP 5.2+ yet )

Ultimate Seo Urls 2.1d STABLE FINAL r172

Hi Jack

installed Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-9. Which is great.

ALL the things seems to be fine apart from breadcrumb trail.

I can see googlebot is crawling the site which is good. when i look at the url something unuaual happen.

Example 1:

the URL suppose to show:

www.xxx.com/canon-pixma-ip1500-ink-cartridges-c-22_97_222.html

breadcrumb:

Home » Canon Ink Cartridges » Canon PIXMA IP1500 Ink Cartridges

instead of the correct URL shown above, it show this

URL:

www.xxx.com/canon-pixma-ip1500-ink-cartridges-c-38_97_222.html

breadcrumb:

Home » Epson Ink Cartridges » Canon PIXMA IP1500 Ink Cartridges

The breadcrumb trail show up incorrect parent category. It suppose to show Canon Ink Cartridges but instead it show Epson Ink Cartridges

Example 2:

the URL suppose to show:

www.xxx.com/canon-bci-21-ink-cartridges-c-22_338_343.html

breadcrumb:

Home » Canon Ink Cartridges » Canon BCI-21 Ink Cartridges

URL:

www.xxx.com/canon-bci-21-ink-cartridges-c-0_22_338_343.html

breadcrumb:

Home

The breadcrumb trail show up blank due to the parent id is 0.

When I test the site. Everythings are fine, I can't get these incorrect URL to show up. Don't know why googlebot can get these incorrect URL to show up. I want to fix this ASAP, don't want google index the incorrect information.

Example 1:

the URL suppose to show:

www.xxx.com/canon-pixma-ip1500-ink-cartridges-c-22_97_222.html

breadcrumb:

Home » Canon Ink Cartridges » Canon PIXMA IP1500 Ink Cartridges

URL:

www.xxx.com/canon-pixma-ip1500-ink-cartridges-c-38_97_222.html

breadcrumb:

Home » Epson Ink Cartridges » Canon PIXMA IP1500 Ink Cartridges

The breadcrumb trail show up incorrect parent category. It suppose to show Canon Ink Cartridges but instead it show Epson Ink Cartridges

Example 2:

the URL suppose to show:

www.xxx.com/canon-bci-21-ink-cartridges-c-22_338_343.html

breadcrumb:

Home » Canon Ink Cartridges » Canon BCI-21 Ink Cartridges

URL:

breadcrumb:

Home

The breadcrumb trail show up blank due to the parent id is 0.

There appears to be something wrong with your category strucure. If you turn off Ultimate SEO (see above about turning it off), does it work correctly? If you click on the Canon category in admin->Catalog, is the ID 22?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This problem is specific to the version you are using, don't forget the last version uploaded is not necessarily the best.

I recommend the use of

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 ( different contribution, see my sig ) PRO version soon available.

or if you have to stay with the old series 2 ( perhaps you are not on PHP 5.2+ yet )

Ultimate Seo Urls 2.1d STABLE FINAL r172

Hi,

Tnx for the advice, I will try to get it work first as the contrib has been so good till now.

Hi Jack,

I turned it off successfully by setting

Enable automatic redirects? =false

Enable SEO URLs? =false

Then I went to the product review of the page which was not coming with SEO URLs on, and it worked. So I would presume that the problem is with SEO URL (or related eg. .htaccess)

Do you have any idea where I should start investigating since I like the SEO URLs and it is very helpful for me.

Thanks.

Update:

Solved my problem but not the way I would like.

I had set the filter short words = 1 since it was filtering out my category names like C6 and C5 etc.

I put filter short words = 2 and the review page is working now, no broken link (that i know of).

So definitely there is a code in the contrib which was causing the broken link.

I need to get the filter short words back to 1 since a lot of my 2-lettered category names are not showing up in the URL.

Any help or clues?

Thanks.

There appears to be something wrong with your category strucure. If you turn off Ultimate SEO (see above about turning it off), does it work correctly? If you click on the Canon category in admin->Catalog, is the ID 22?

When I turn it off. Everythings are fine & work correctly.

When I turn it on again. The 2 problems mentioned happen again. I can see that in admin who is online.

Also not sure how this can happen

breadcrumb:

Home

The breadcrumb trail show up blank due to the parent id is 0. the rest of the id are are all correct (22_338_343), but it start from 0 for unknown reason.

Update:

Solved my problem but not the way I would like.

I had set the filter short words = 1 since it was filtering out my category names like C6 and C5 etc.

I put filter short words = 2 and the review page is working now, no broken link (that i know of).

So definitely there is a code in the contrib which was causing the broken link.

I need to get the filter short words back to 1 since a lot of my 2-lettered category names are not showing up in the URL.

No, the code won't allow both conditions to be met so I don't have a fix for you. However, from an SEO perspective, which is the main reason for this contribution, having category names like C5 is useless so I suggest you change those names, even if you were not having your current problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

breadcrumb:

Home

The breadcrumb trail show up blank due to the parent id is 0. the rest of the id are are all correct (22_338_343), but it start from 0 for unknown reason.

0 isn't a valid ID. What is the url when you view it with Ultimate SEO off?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

with Ultimate SEO off, the url is

www.xxx.com/index.php?cPath=22_338_343

Hmm, I'm at a loss then. The only thing I can think of is that the name of the directory is invalid or missing. Maybe you are using the Header Tags option and haven't filled in the tags yet. or something like that. Without actually seeing it I can only guess but I would start looking at the name you have setup for the main cateory.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

breadcrumb:

Home

cPath=0 is not a valid path but unfortunately it does work, a number of people use cPath=0 to display all of the parent categories which it in fact does .. however it totally "borks up" the path hierarchy in contributions like this .. in Ultimate Seo Urls 5 we simply ignore cPath=0 but the upshot to this is that the shops relying on cPath=0 do not get the expected result.

No, the code won't allow both conditions to be met so I don't have a fix for you. However, from an SEO perspective, which is the main reason for this contribution, having category names like C5 is useless so I suggest you change those names, even if you were not having your current problem.

Hi jack,

Thanks for taking out the time to reply.

No, I don't expect both conditions to be met, I just need the filter short words = 1 to work. I cannot change the category names as it is a model of Nokia, so I have to follow the brand naming.

Another way around it is NOT to filter the word in the URL if it is the same as a category, that would solve my problem, and I think it will help a lot of others as well.

If you could point me to the exact place where the filtering takes place, maybe I can have a go :)

cPath=0 is not a valid path but unfortunately it does work, a number of people use cPath=0 to display all of the parent categories which it in fact does .. however it totally "borks up" the path hierarchy in contributions like this .. in Ultimate Seo Urls 5 we simply ignore cPath=0 but the upshot to this is that the shops relying on cPath=0 do not get the expected result.

Thanks for mentioning it. I haven't ran across a site doing this but I'm sure there are some doing it. I'll change the code to account for that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, I don't expect both conditions to be met, I just need the filter short words = 1 to work. I cannot change the category names as it is a model of Nokia, so I have to follow the brand naming.

Another way around it is NOT to filter the word in the URL if it is the same as a category, that would solve my problem, and I think it will help a lot of others as well.

If you could point me to the exact place where the filtering takes place, maybe I can have a go :)

The short word filter does work so I don't know why it is failing for you. But there is only place in the code where it is checked so finding the reason shouldn't be too difficult. Just search the code for FILTER_SHORT_WORDS.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I installed Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-9.

My Category links and Manufacturer links do not work.

Also - I found that the "Click to Enlarge" feature in the product pages does not work as it should.

www.negative-existence.com

Any help would be appreciated. If this subject has already been discussed please point me to the solution.

Thanks!

-Alex

Hello,

I installed Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-9.

My Category links and Manufacturer links do not work.

Also - I found that the "Click to Enlarge" feature in the product pages does not work as it should.

Any help would be appreciated. If this subject has already been discussed please point me to the solution.

Thanks!

-Alex

I'm pretty certain it's related, your black site is hiding the error ..

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, categories c, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p.products_id like '%%' and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Edited by FWR Media

Thanks for the fast reply!

I cleared up the 1054 problem. I am still having issues with my manufacturers and categories...

any ideas?

Thanks!

-Alex

cPath and manufacturers_id are not being passed or not being recognised, why? I haven't a clue as it is down to your site coding. I presume you have the correct lines in .htaccess passing the above mentioned.