• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

What is the best way to do this? And where can I get more information on it.

I know this is not maybe one of your add-ons that you are working on, but what page editor add-on works best with all of your addons? I have tried a few but never got them to work real good. I will use fckeditor but the add-on's I have tried are not real good. I want to use them for the extra pages I am doing that I am referring to in this topic.

Yes, you can add rewrite code in that file. Searching the web for "htaccess redirection," or something similar should provide what you need.

Any of the editors will work but they code has to be setup to use the one you want.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

hello all...

i.ve just installed this contribution and i have this errors:

1. first of all when i browse my products and press the "buy now" button the page redirect to the empty shop cart page;

2. the same thing happens when a customer is logged on ... and beside that he also throw him out...

in the both cases the products are found later in the shopping cart.

This is the shop page.

Can someone help me...

hello all...

i.ve just installed this contribution and i have this errors:

1. first of all when i browse my products and press the "buy now" button the page redirect to the empty shop cart page;

2. the same thing happens when a customer is logged on ... and beside that he also throw him out...

The session ID is alsways showing so your configure file is not setup correctly. That may, or may not, be the problem but you need to fix that first. The fix is mentioned in this thread.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The session ID is alsways showing so your configure file is not setup correctly. That may, or may not, be the problem but you need to fix that first. The fix is mentioned in this thread.

thanks for the info... but if search the forum and i didn't find anything...

can u point the right direction??

here is the configuration file:

efine('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://migeco.ro');

define('ENABLE_SSL', true);

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'http://www.migeco.ro');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://migeco.ro');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/tmp');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/tmp');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/migecoro/public_html/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

thanks..

Yes, you can add rewrite code in that file. Searching the web for "htaccess redirection," or something similar should provide what you need.

Any of the editors will work but they code has to be setup to use the one you want.

Thanks Jack.

I have one more thing that I was looking at and needed to see what I can do.

I noticed after test buying items that sometimes the wrong product was getting into my cart but I cleared my cache and that went away. I had been adding new products and deleting things so it got messed up.

But this is strange. I have been working on 2 stores. The new store that I am working on now is getting product URLs in the path incorrect but only on the right and left box's. It is picking up the other stores URL info or old item names and category names in the URL. The shopping cart is working but just the path names are not correct.

Both stores are under the same domain woodease.com Bifanoclockworks is a sub-domain and is an sub-folder of woodease.co The new store, storetest, is another sub-folder of woodease but is not a sub-domain. I am testing this now and will move it when it is done to the new sub-domain under woodease when I am finished.

Would the htacces file that is under bifanoclockworks affect the new domain? If yes what would I do to correct it? I have 2 seperate htacces files. The only differnece is the code in bifanoclockworks is "RewriteBase /" and the code for storenew is "RewriteBase /storenew/". The path to see this is http://www.woodease.com/storetest/ which is a subfolder right now.

Thanks again

Joe

But this is strange. I have been working on 2 stores. The new store that I am working on now is getting product URLs in the path incorrect but only on the right and left box's. It is picking up the other stores URL info or old item names and category names in the URL. The shopping cart is working but just the path names are not correct.

This isn't an Ultimate SEO since the code is working elsewhere. My guess is that you have cache enabled and it is using the servers tmp directory. You can try changing that to a local directory or turning cache off (the shops cache, not Ultimate SEO's) to see if the problem goes away.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This isn't an Ultimate SEO since the code is working elsewhere. My guess is that you have cache enabled and it is using the servers tmp directory. You can try changing that to a local directory or turning cache off (the shops cache, not Ultimate SEO's) to see if the problem goes away.

In the configuration file of both stores I have use cache false and cache directory /tmp/

But under Seo URL's I have enable SEO cache to save queries true, enable product cache true, enable category cache true. Do these need to be changed?

Then their test routine is incorrect or you are misreading it. The search engines don't care about the type of page being viewed.

Ok, I understand.

The documentation says:

SEO Friendly URLs or static URLs represent an URL structure where links appear to have a static structure like /category/subcategory/page in contrast to dynamic structure like index.php?cat=&subcat=&page=.

Then if you say that the search engines don´t care of the type of pages, i dont need to modify the 5 pages. Are they right?

In the configuration file of both stores I have use cache false and cache directory /tmp/

But under Seo URL's I have enable SEO cache to save queries true, enable product cache true, enable category cache true. Do these need to be changed?

No, I wasn't talking about the cache settings in this contribution, though you can try turning the off to see if that makes a difference.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok, I understand.

The documentation says:

Then if you say that the search engines don´t care of the type of pages, i dont need to modify the 5 pages. Are they right?

They are referring to a page that changes its url based on the content of the page. For example, there is one file, product_info.php, used for all of the shops products. The url will be one thing for one product and another for some other product. But you are talknig about changing a page like shipping.php, where the url will never change. So whether it is shipping.php or shipping.html makes no difference. And, actually, whether the product_info page has an html or php extension doesn't matter either. It is just common practice to rename them to html.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, I wasn't talking about the cache settings in this contribution, though you can try turning the off to see if that makes a difference.

I turned off the enable SEO cache to save queries to false and that did it. Thanks again.

Hi Jack,

Im using your Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_9, everything works fine but in the admin page it gives this error:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/tbeyond/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/tbeyond/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

I am also facing a funny situation:

1) If I make Enable SEO cache to save queries? = False then the proper URLs are shown eg.

http://tbeyond.com/leather-case-for-nokia-x3-flip-type-black-p-8351.html

2) If I make Enable SEO cache to save queries? = True then truncated URLs are shown eg.

http://tbeyond.com/leather-case-nokia-flip-type-black-p-8351.html

Notice that in 2) the x3 is missing from the URL which is the most important word for me.

If I follow 1) then it solves my problem but wouldn't the pages come up slower for users? I don't want to compromise on the page speed.

I played with Reset SEO URLs Cache option at the bottom but it didn't help.

Please advise.

Im using your Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_9, everything works fine but in the admin page it gives this error:

I am also facing a funny situation:

The admin code has worked for years unchanged so it is unlikely to be a problem in the contribution. Either you made a mistake in the installation or you are using some version of php that is causing the code to fail.

You could try adjusting the short word option as recently mentioned in this thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

So whether it is shipping.php or shipping.html makes no difference.

Ok, now I understand. I didnt found information in any place and i had doubt about it.

If you say that there is no diferences on extensions .php or .html with search engines, I will stay with my static pages unmodified.

Thanks!

Edited by bhbilbao

Let me start by thanking everyone that here that contributes to oscommerce. With out them, I would undoubtedly be completely lost. I am new to this, as the web developer I hired basicly left me hanging to move to another country. So here I am, I've purchased books and read as much as I can and go step by step. However at this level I am basicly retarded! LOL. I recently tried the installation of the Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_9 and am running version 2.2rc2 as far as I can tell.

After completing step 2 of editing the code as described in the install file, I received the message below.

[ Warning: main(includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vg005web10/22/08/1040822/web/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 160

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/vg005web10/22/08/1040822/web/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 160

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: seo_url in /home/vg005web10/22/08/1040822/web/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 162 ]

I can no longer log into change code, however my site is still up www.xsboostperformance.com. I did backup the data base in the oscommerce sw before starting but have no idea where it is stored or how to find it. I never imagined this would happen as I thought I had taken the necessary steps to prevent this.

Does anyone have any idea how to reset something so I can get back in. I appoligize ahead of time for my ignorance, as like I previously stated I am a NOOB.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and any help will be greatly appreciated! :D

Brent

The admin code has worked for years unchanged so it is unlikely to be a problem in the contribution. Either you made a mistake in the installation or you are using some version of php that is causing the code to fail.

You could try adjusting the short word option as recently mentioned in this thread.

Hi Jack,

Yes I am using the latest PHP 5.3 which makes a lot of codes fail.

I guess I will live with this a bit longer.

[ Warning: main(includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vg005web10/22/08/1040822/web/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 160

The error is saying it can't find the required file which most likely means you didn't upload it. You should read back through the installation instructions and make sure you have performed every step.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes I am using the latest PHP 5.3 which makes a lot of codes fail.

I guess I will live with this a bit longer.

This contribution works with 5.3 so it may be some changed you missed in the regular code needed for 5.3.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This contribution works with 5.3 so it may be some changed you missed in the regular code needed for 5.3.

Hi Jack,

Ok, Ill investigate a bit.

I got another problem, Google spotted it for me - product reviews page for some products shows a broken link - cannot find the page. When Im on the product page, I try to click Reviews but it gives me a broken link message.

Most of the product reviews show up except some. For example, these don't work:

http://tbeyond.com/luxury-silicone-case-for-apple-ipad-black-by-pdair-pr-9120.html

http://tbeyond.com/luxury-silicone-case-for-nokia-e63-blue-by-pdair-pr-315.html

http://tbeyond.com/luxury-silicone-case-for-nokia-e72-red-by-pdair-pr-373.html

Strange, but I don't know where to start to fix the problem.

I got another problem, Google spotted it for me - product reviews page for some products shows a broken link - cannot find the page. When Im on the product page, I try to click Reviews but it gives me a broken link message.

Strange, but I don't know where to start to fix the problem.

I don't know what is causing that but it isn't this contribution since it is working for the other products. I suppose the cache could be corrupted but the link looks good so I doubt it but it still wouldn't hurt to clear that to be sure.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't know what is causing that but it isn't this contribution since it is working for the other products. I suppose the cache could be corrupted but the link looks good so I doubt it but it still wouldn't hurt to clear that to be sure.

Hi Jack,

I cleared the cache of my browser, and also set the option Reset SEO URLs Cache=Reset & went to my home page and refreshed the browser but it still didnt help.

Another problem surfaced, then I set Enable SEO URLs?=False to test further, i can only go to my home page. After that if I click any product on the page, the browser status bar shows only connecting to tbeyond.com, waiting for tbeyond.com, the page dosent load.

Do you have such a problem? Have you tried setting SEO URLs=false before?

Thanks!

Hi Jack,

I cleared the cache of my browser, and also set the option Reset SEO URLs Cache=Reset & went to my home page and refreshed the browser but it still didnt help.

Another problem surfaced, then I set Enable SEO URLs?=False to test further, i can only go to my home page. After that if I click any product on the page, the browser status bar shows only connecting to tbeyond.com, waiting for tbeyond.com, the page dosent load.

Do you have such a problem? Have you tried setting SEO URLs=false before?

Thanks!

Update: SEO URLs=false problem is there in my local system also, and in the remote host as well.

The error is saying it can't find the required file which most likely means you didn't upload it. You should read back through the installation instructions and make sure you have performed every step.

Jack,

Thank you for the quick response you are probably correct. However I can not get back into http://www.xsboostperformance.com/catalog/admin/login.php to fix or upload anything at all. This is where I get the 3 error messages.

thanks,

Brent