• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I think you must have a very old version of Seo Urls where you could set the link text via the product in admin.

If so .. you will have to stay with that version .. no other version caters for it .. jacks versions however allow you to use the header tags values if you happen to use it.

You are right, I need to stay back to the old version as it allows me to set the link text which solve the multi-language problem.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what is. Can you explain that in more detail?

Jack, sorry this is related to the old version where it requires to run SQL to create two additonal field so that I can made use of it to create my url text. In this way, I can solve my non-latin language problem where I put in a special character in additional to the English name to idenity a particular language.

ALTER TABLE `categories_description` ADD `categories_seo_url` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL ;

ALTER TABLE `products_description` ADD `products_seo_url` VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL ;

It would be great if you can add in this feature in your version supported by you.

Hello, I have added the Ultimate Seo Urls 2.1d STABLE FINAL r172 to my shop and everything is working fine. But: At the top of the administration area of Seo Urls I receive the following warnings:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /mnt/web4/12/79/51638279/htdocs/MY URL/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

Reset SEO URLs Cache

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /mnt/web4/12/79/51638279/htdocs/MY URL/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

Can somebody explain me how to solve this issue and explain the reason of this warning?

Thank you in advance.

U

Hello, I have added the Ultimate Seo Urls 2.1d STABLE FINAL r172 to my shop and everything is working fine. But: At the top of the administration area of Seo Urls I receive the following warnings:

Reset SEO URLs Cache

Can somebody explain me how to solve this issue and explain the reason of this warning?

Thank you in advance.

U

It seems you have missed the part of the install where you add function tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls() to admin/includes/functions/general.php

It seems you have missed the part of the install where you add function tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls() to admin/includes/functions/general.php

:blush: …and right you are! I have checked the general.php and I cannot explain why, but obviously I forgot yesterday to change it. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your great assistance. Regards. U.

Hi,

after I install it, I have the following error? any advice?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19922944 bytes) in /home/batt12/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php(2422) : eval()'d code on line 21846

Database:MySQL 5.0.89-community

PHP Version:5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Thanks & Best Regards,

Sunrise99

Hey all any chance of some help with this.

I have Ultimate SEO installed on our store and most bots seem to follow this strange link https://www.mystore.com/index.php?cPath=22_46_47_21_28_31_33_38_40_30&

which should be http://www.MYSTORE.com/pallet-truck-scales-c-30.html

Any ideas how to redirect the old cPath urls with a 301 and restrict robots from following https?

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Jack,

Great set of updates to these contributions, thanks for your hard work and support. I have question that I believe crosses several contributions, but is primarily SEO Urls related.

I've installed the following:

• Header Tags SEO v3.1.8
  • Articles Manager v1.5.7_3
  • Ultimate SEO Urls v2.2.d5

I have everything working well together except for one combination of options. If I enable the Ultimate SEO URLs option to "Enable use Header Tags as name" it works great for all pages except the Article pages. I've created psuedo pages for the articles and all other functionality is working as expected. However, when I enable the SEO URLs function to "Enable use Header Tags as name" then I end up with article URLs like this:

www.storexyz.com/-a-1.htm

instead of:

www.storexyz.com/my-article-header-tags-a-1.htm

Is the "Enable use Header Tags as name" option compatible with Article manager?

Thanks for your help!

I have everything working well together except for one combination of options. If I enable the Ultimate SEO URLs option to "Enable use Header Tags as name" it works great for all pages except the Article pages. I've created psuedo pages for the articles and all other functionality is working as expected. However, when I enable the SEO URLs function to "Enable use Header Tags as name" then I end up with article URLs like this:

That is do to a coding mistake on my part. The same result would happen with any of the pseudo pages for other contributions. To fix this one, first, you should upgrade to 2.2d7. Then find this code
                                $sqlCmd = $this->attributes['USE_SEO_HEADER_TAGS'] == 'true' ? 'articles_head_title_tag as aName' : 'articles_name as aName';
                               $sql = "SELECT " . $sqlCmd . " 
                                               FROM ".TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION." 
                                               WHERE articles_id='".(int)$aID."' 
                                               AND language_id='".(int)$this->languages_id."' 
                                               LIMIT 1";

and replace it with

if ($this->attributes['USE_SEO_HEADER_TAGS'] == 'true') {
                                 $sql = "SELECT page_title as aName 
                                                 FROM ".TABLE_HEADERTAGS." 
                                                 WHERE page_name LIKE '%articles_id=".$aID."' 
                                                 LIMIT 1";                                
                               } else {
                                 $sql = "SELECT articles_name as aName  
                                                 LIMIT 1";                               
                               }

Please let me know if it still fails.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

So I followed the installation instructions in the documentation but once I change the .htaccess the home page fails to load and so does admin. The rewrite base is suppose to be the URL for the homepage not the ftp folder directory correct?

# Options +FollowSymLinks 
Options +FollowSymLinks 
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> 
 RewriteEngine On 

# Change RewriteBase using the instructions  
 http://gator692.hostgator.com/~aopaj/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} 
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} 
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} 
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} 
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} 
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} 
 # Articles contribution 
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9_]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} 
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} 
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} 
 # Information pages 
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} 
 # Links contribution 
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-([0-9_]+).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} 
 # Newsdesk contribution 
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} 
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} 
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} 
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} 
</IfModule>

Edited by Vestax159

So I followed the installation instructions in the documentation but once I change the .htaccess the home page fails to load and so does admin. The rewrite base is suppose to be the URL for the homepage not the ftp folder directory correct?

Try changing this line

http://gator692.hostgator.com/~aopaj/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/

to this

RewriteBase /catalog/

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Ahh ok! That worked sort of. Now when I click on the various items it send me to a 404 page.

http://gator692.hostgator.com/~aopaj/catalog/ Heres the link to the site if you need it.

I doubt it will work with a url like that. Once your domain name is active, it should be fine.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That is do to a coding mistake on my part. The same result would happen with any of the pseudo pages for other contributions. To fix this one, first, you should upgrade to 2.2d7. Then find this code

$sqlCmd = $this->attributes['USE_SEO_HEADER_TAGS'] == 'true' ? 'articles_head_title_tag as aName' : 'articles_name as aName';
                               $sql = "SELECT " . $sqlCmd . " 
                                               LIMIT 1";

and replace it with

if ($this->attributes['USE_SEO_HEADER_TAGS'] == 'true') {
                                 $sql = "SELECT page_title as aName 
                                                 FROM ".TABLE_HEADERTAGS." 
                                                 WHERE page_name LIKE '%articles_id=".$aID."' 
                                                 LIMIT 1";                                
                               } else {
                                 $sql = "SELECT articles_name as aName  
                                                 LIMIT 1";                               
                               }

Please let me know if it still fails.

Great thanks Jack! Initially testing with v2.2d7 and the changes above looks good. I'll post an update if I encounter any other issues, but so far so good.

Hi,

I just installed FWRmedia 's contribution : Ultimate Seo Urls 2.1d STABLE FINAL r172

I've got a weird issue with this. When a customer browse on the website, I only can see in the whos_online the main categorie on which he is.

For example (For a 3 levels Categorie):

http://www.myTestShop/catalog/categorie-one-c-1.html'>http://www.myTestShop/catalog/categorie-one-c-1.html -> in whos_online I see it well

http://www.myTestShop/catalog/categorie-two-c-1-2.html'>http://www.myTestShop/catalog/categorie-two-c-1-2.html -> in whos_online I see it well

http://www.myTestShop/catalog/categorie-three-c-1-2-3.html'>http://www.myTestShop/catalog/categorie-three-c-1-2-3.html -> in whos_online I only see http://www.myTestShop/catalog/

For example (For a 2 levels Categorie):

http://www.myTestShop/catalog/categorie-one-c-4.html -> in whos_online I see it well

http://www.myTestShop/catalog/categorie-two-c-4-5.html -> in whos_online I only see http://www.myTestShop/catalog/

If I turn off the contribution, the problem remains the same but it did not before installing the contribution.

Someone already had this kind of problem but the solution seems hazardous :

www.webmasterworld.com/php/3672303.htm

I checked the file catalog/includes/functions/whos_online.php to see if the probleme was here. I thought it was a problem of insertion in the database.

The last page url is recorded with tep_db_input($wo_last_page_url). the function tep_db_input only apply the addslashes functions, so I thaught the probleme was in the var $wo_last_page_url. I echo this var : Every path are good.

But the weirdest thing is that echoing $wo_last_page_url resolve the problem, and the whos_online works great. When I comment the echo, the problem reappear :blink:

//echo ($wo_last_page_url);

This issue makes me crazy so if someone has an idea, thanks for his help!

Hello,

I'm using version 2.2-2d7 and it worked like a charm when I have my site in a the (standard) catalog folder, but since I only have a webshop on the site I decided to move it to the root. So I changed the .htaccess file from:

RewriteBase /catalog/

to

RewriteBase /

emptied the browser cache, reset the cache, no luck

uninstalled option in the admin, no luck

The start page loads but as soon as I click on any of the products I get the infamous 404.

"The requested URL /product_info.php was not found on this server."

Does it matter that the server is in the form of http://123.456.789.000/~testsite/?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Guys,

I have installed this and everything works fine with my links all ok.

But when search my site in google.com i got this error.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: seo_url in /home/content/w/a/t/watchmadness/html/includes/application_top.php on line 295.

You can try searching here at www.google.com type watchmadness

Can someone help? What should i do to retify that?

Thanks again guys .. great work on your contributions here..

Hello!!

Contrib works beautifully on my site..

But if try to disable the URLs from admin panel.

My site doesn't work anymore..and Error 404 display.. Otherwise if URLs enabled..site works gud..

where is the problem??

Regards

Jaskaran

Contrib works beautifully on my site..

But if try to disable the URLs from admin panel.

My site doesn't work anymore..and Error 404 display.. Otherwise if URLs enabled..site works gud..

Probably because you didn't dusable all settings as mentioned many times in this thread. Please read back through it if you want more details.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi i have noticed this in SiteMonitor contrib(http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4441), when i run the option check for hacked files:

Checked 103 directories containing a total of 713 files. Skipped 531 files. 3 suspected hacked files found.

Ficheiros Hacked Encontrados

includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php

includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_Database.php

includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_Memcached.php

Ultimate SEO URLs 5 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6768) is supposed to be trusted since it's a well broadcasted contribution, i haven't made any modifications to the original files except those needed for each contribution... can anyone explain what is wrong with those files:

includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php

includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_Database.php

includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_Memcached.php

Is there any hack script in these or its a false positive detection by sitemonitor and why is it showing

Thanks in advance

Probably because you didn't dusable all settings as mentioned many times in this thread. Please read back through it if you want more details.

Thanks you Jack!!

I flapped through some pages..and dnt find anything useful..Its very hard to go through 245 pages..

Can u please give brief answer of my question.

I will be very thankful to you!

Regards

Jaskaran

Hi. I installed Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_7 addon and I have a problem with "Next page" or 2, 3 page folow on pages on which I have more than 20 products. When I click on "2" or "Next page" page I arrive at the index.php page. I noticed that when I mouse over theese links("2") the link is index.php?page=2. Please help! Thanks!